Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? 19:10 - May 5 with 1999 viewsBobby_Fischer

?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 19:11 - May 5 with 1995 viewsA_Fans_Dad

No.
Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 19:18 - May 5 with 1962 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 19:11 - May 5 by A_Fans_Dad

No.

Someone certainly did, I took a screenshot of it and posted it in the match day thread as someone laughably praised his commitment shortly after the goal.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 19:21 - May 5 with 1940 viewsjasper_T

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 19:18 - May 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Someone certainly did, I took a screenshot of it and posted it in the match day thread as someone laughably praised his commitment shortly after the goal.

You think he wasn't committed today?
Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 19:39 - May 5 with 1851 viewsjasper_T

I've analysed the goal on a blurry youtube clip and it is Connor who turns his back as he throws himself towards the shot, but it's also 4 feet stage right and past him before it takes the telling deflection off Mawson.
Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 19:48 - May 5 with 1794 viewsploppy

I don't see the big deal, whether it hits you on the back or smack in the chops. At that distance it's not like you can do much about it. Mawson, on the other hand could have let the fecker go rather than glance it past Fab.
Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 20:55 - May 5 with 1634 viewsTom1912

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 19:18 - May 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He turns his back because he’s jumping up to try and block it. Not turning his back would make zero difference given the circumstances.

He played well enough today. Certainly better than some of our more experienced players.
[Post edited 5 May 2018 20:57]
Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 07:00 - May 6 with 1409 viewsBobby_Fischer

You don't count.

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 09:06 - May 6 with 1306 viewsMattG

Can anyone explain to me why, for that free kick, we had all 11 of our players back inside our penalty area while only 3 Bournemouth players were in there?

On the angle, the free kick was well over 20 yards out - did Fabianski really need a 6 man wall?

This "tactic" meant that there were no fewer than 3 Bournemouth players on the edge or just outside of the box, totally unmarked, effectively being invited to shoot. Which one of them did.
Login to get fewer ads

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 09:13 - May 6 with 1285 viewsSTID2017

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 09:06 - May 6 by MattG

Can anyone explain to me why, for that free kick, we had all 11 of our players back inside our penalty area while only 3 Bournemouth players were in there?

On the angle, the free kick was well over 20 yards out - did Fabianski really need a 6 man wall?

This "tactic" meant that there were no fewer than 3 Bournemouth players on the edge or just outside of the box, totally unmarked, effectively being invited to shoot. Which one of them did.

It was a well worked move, but Fab had all angles covered until Mawson got his nut in the way.
Also what Mawson was thinking, charging in like that in the first place, I'll never know.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 09:18 - May 6 with 1269 viewsWhiterockin

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 09:06 - May 6 by MattG

Friend took 14 steps to put the wall back. This is what the players were arguing about and this is probably why so many players were in the wall. Yes we should have had a player wide marking the space, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Lack of commitment by the players and Carvalhal's tactics are a bigger concern to me.
Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 09:21 - May 6 with 1256 viewsBobby_Fischer

Conor should of blocked it, Naughtons fault though

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 09:24 - May 6 with 1241 viewsMattG

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 09:13 - May 6 by STID2017

It was a well worked move, but Fab had all angles covered until Mawson got his nut in the way.
Also what Mawson was thinking, charging in like that in the first place, I'll never know.

From that angle, a six-man wall would more or less cover the whole goal. No way he would have done the same for a free kick from a similar distance straight in front - he would have backed himself to cover at least a part of the goal.

As for a well worked move, it was a 10 yard square pass - no dummy, no tricks, no nothing - and if we had put just one man on the edge of the box, Mawson wouldn't have needed to charge anywhere.
Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 09:28 - May 6 with 1229 viewsMattG

Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 09:18 - May 6 by Whiterockin

Friend took 14 steps to put the wall back. This is what the players were arguing about and this is probably why so many players were in the wall. Yes we should have had a player wide marking the space, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Lack of commitment by the players and Carvalhal's tactics are a bigger concern to me.

That's my point really - it was because of those tactics. The same reason why, when defending corners, we bring all 11 players back into the area rather than leaving one upfield.

Let's be honest, if we can't defend a corner with 10 then Dyer isn't going to make the difference so leave him in the centre circle to at least give us a chance when we hoof it clear.
Am I crazy or did Connor Roberts turn his back on that goal? on 14:54 - May 6 with 1082 viewsKilkennyjack

Matty i agree !

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024