Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We lack a finisher 21:44 - May 5 with 2375 viewsbuilthjack

Simple as that. We haven't got anyone who looks remotely like a goalscorer.
Let's hope our forward line wake up. If they do, then we will survive.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

We lack a finisher on 21:49 - May 5 with 1754 viewsmagicdaps10

We lack creativity. If a forward has no service then he wont score, lost that provider in Siggy and was not replaced.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

We lack a finisher on 21:55 - May 5 with 1723 viewslonglostjack

Exactly. I think it was a mistake to loan out McBurnie. He showed real promise in his last couple of games and would have given us another option. The real problem though is that we don't have a creative attacking midfielder so anybody playing up front is isolated.

Edit: Snap mdaps
[Post edited 5 May 2018 21:56]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

We lack a finisher on 22:04 - May 5 with 1695 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We lack a finisher on 21:55 - May 5 by longlostjack

Exactly. I think it was a mistake to loan out McBurnie. He showed real promise in his last couple of games and would have given us another option. The real problem though is that we don't have a creative attacking midfielder so anybody playing up front is isolated.

Edit: Snap mdaps
[Post edited 5 May 2018 21:56]

I disagree about the mid field, we had plenty of chances created by the "Mid Field", 12 of them in fact.
Which did not include the ones that our attackers fluffed due to mistiming, poor ball control etc.
We need a guaranteed 15-20 goals a season prem player and if he can't score then you can blame the mid field for lack of service.
Just watch other games where players put the ball in the back of the net from 30-40 yards.
Our players can't even hit the damned goal, let alone test the keeper.
We lack a finisher on 22:19 - May 5 with 1647 viewsdobjack2

We lack a finisher on 22:04 - May 5 by A_Fans_Dad

I disagree about the mid field, we had plenty of chances created by the "Mid Field", 12 of them in fact.
Which did not include the ones that our attackers fluffed due to mistiming, poor ball control etc.
We need a guaranteed 15-20 goals a season prem player and if he can't score then you can blame the mid field for lack of service.
Just watch other games where players put the ball in the back of the net from 30-40 yards.

15-20 goal a season strikers are hard to get. Therefore we need goals spread around the side.

Jordan is our leading league goal scorer with a meagre tally of 7 - one more than the other 9 outfield players that started the game put together!

No balance, no bite, little imagination, end product or heart.

Shambolic recruitment.
[Post edited 5 May 2018 22:25]
We lack a finisher on 22:27 - May 5 with 1622 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We lack a finisher on 22:19 - May 5 by dobjack2

15-20 goal a season strikers are hard to get. Therefore we need goals spread around the side.

Jordan is our leading league goal scorer with a meagre tally of 7 - one more than the other 9 outfield players that started the game put together!

Shambolic recruitment.

We were spoilt by Michu, Bony, Ayew + Gomis and even LLorente + Sigi.
We lack a finisher on 22:31 - May 5 with 1606 viewsphact0rri

Shambolic recruitment.

I'd settle for 10 goal a season striker at the moment... and I can't help but feel pessimistic about us getting any quality in the summer... after these last few seasons its obvious our recruitment is stealing a living.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

We lack a finisher on 22:40 - May 5 with 1575 viewsjacabertawe

Isn't Oli due back?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

We lack a finisher on 22:51 - May 5 with 1554 viewsgiantstoneater

We lack a finisher on 22:40 - May 5 by jacabertawe

Isn't Oli due back?

Our striking options have been a total disaster Wilf, Tammy and now Andre Ayeuw have been awful I tend to think that we let the best natural goal scorer go out on loan to Barnsley. I am still not sure why we didn`t bring in or at least try and bring in a striker in the last window instead we brought in another midfielder who is much the same as what we have i.e. steady Eddies our midfield lacks an ounce of creativity but lets not kid ourselve we have no strikers worth their salt.
Login to get fewer ads

We lack a finisher on 07:53 - May 6 with 1373 viewsgrabsplatter

We lack a finisher on 22:40 - May 5 by jacabertawe

Isn't Oli due back?

I don't see why not. Championship finishes today so I would have thought he'd be available to play for us??
We lack a finisher on 07:58 - May 6 with 1355 viewsSTID2017

We lack a finisher on 22:27 - May 5 by A_Fans_Dad

"Even Lloente and Siggy" ?
I believe between them they scored about 25 goals and made more.
That would be the dream team compared to what we have now.
[Post edited 6 May 2018 8:18]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

We lack a finisher on 08:06 - May 6 with 1331 viewsThornburyswan

We lack a finisher on 07:53 - May 6 by grabsplatter

I don't see why not. Championship finishes today so I would have thought he'd be available to play for us??

Don't think he can under loan rules as Championship season runs through the play-off matches regardless of the fact that Barnsley aren't involved - I'm sure someone will confirm that - so we are stuck with what we have.
We lack a finisher on 08:08 - May 6 with 1328 viewsItchySphincter

We're missing a midfield FFS!

Jesus Christ, missing a finisher?? Even the bests strikers don't put every shot away and we're creating about 0.5 chances per game. Augero wouldn't score in this team of inadequates.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We lack a finisher on 08:11 - May 6 with 1320 viewsMrSwerve

When we sold Gylfi and Llorente it was painfully obvious to most before the sale went through that we wouldn't be replacing them adequately, hence the reluctance by many to let them go.

We have no cutting edge up top, no star in the team. Our best outfield player is Jordan Ayew, and although I like him, if you'd have told me that 3 or 4 years ago I'd have been shocked.

What annoys me also is that we still own Borja Baston who is out on loan, as is Oli McBurnie. These would be options, at least.

Tammy doesn't care too much as he's off to Chelsea again in a week or so. Bony is crocked by the looks of it. It's been a dire year for recruitment, even by our recent low standards.
[Post edited 6 May 2018 8:13]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

We lack a finisher on 08:16 - May 6 with 1306 viewsSTID2017

We lack a finisher on 07:58 - May 6 by STID2017

"Even Lloente and Siggy" ?
I believe between them they scored about 25 goals and made more.
That would be the dream team compared to what we have now.
[Post edited 6 May 2018 8:18]

27 goals we've scored this season.
Still some believe the myth we are a better team without Gylfi and Llorente, who virtually managed that between them

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

We lack a finisher on 08:35 - May 6 with 1279 viewsDewi1jack

Shambolic recruitment.

"15-20 goal a season strikers are hard to get."

Will Bony on his first time here
Nando Llorente
Danny Graham (sure he was close to 15!)
Michu
Andre Ayew on his first time got 10 or 11 as well

All just about had good service from the midfield.
Except Nando I s'pose
Plus we used to have Dyer, Routs, JDG, Moore, even Angel and 50p head plus many others weighing in with a goal or 2
We scored if my memory serves about 45 goals under Brenda in our 1st season, when idiots on here were slating some of the players we were bringing up with us, as no good for the Pl.
They're still here (both the players and the idiots )

A below average squad. Abysmally poor recruitment. Change of playing style. Manager after manager, some so awful as to be incomprehensible why they were hired or given new contracts.
All these things can be laid at the door of our ex owners and our present owners for thinking the ex ones knew what they were doing.
Oh. And believing the movie

Sure someone will tell me how lucky we are to have had so many years at the top soon.
And yes, I've far more enjoyed going to the likes of Fulham, Liverpool, West Brom, Arsenal,Huddersfield, Chelsea, Utd, City, Spurs etc etc and watching us beat them home or away than going to the likes of Carlisle, Scunny, Grimsby etc etc and watching us lose home and away to them.
But, and it's a big BUT

We could have given it a far better go over the last couple of years than we have.
I do think that if (and it's a big IF) we go down, we're going to end up like the car crash clubs (Cardiff, Leeds, Pompey, Wigan, Blackpool, Coventry, Blackburn, Bolton etc etc) and really struggle to sort our sh1t out

2 games left.
It's up to our players to either show they are worth a move to a new club, or have the balls for a war.
If they don't show either, then we go down and not many clubs are going to be that interested in them

Be loud
Be proud
I also see no one is slagging off the BYHOFS posters anymore either .
In fact everyone has become one

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

We lack a finisher on 08:43 - May 6 with 1257 viewsYossarian

We lack a finisher on 08:08 - May 6 by ItchySphincter

We're missing a midfield FFS!

Jesus Christ, missing a finisher?? Even the bests strikers don't put every shot away and we're creating about 0.5 chances per game. Augero wouldn't score in this team of inadequates.

Spot on. What the feck is wrong with people on here? We haven’t got a decent functioning midfield. We have got a notch porch of very average journeymen who have one thing in common- they were cheap. They are cheap for one reason, they are not very good...been tried by other clubs and moved on... to us. Previous recruitments done by Tutumlu got us ahead of the curve and leaving things to Jenkins only leads to one result....the declining overall standard of the team. The cupboard is now bare and there will need to be one helluva clear out in the summer...staying up or not.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

We lack a finisher on 08:53 - May 6 with 1225 viewsBrynmill_Jack

You mean like a sort of Llorente, wardrobey type of player? I agree!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

We lack a finisher on 08:59 - May 6 with 1201 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We lack a finisher on 08:35 - May 6 by Dewi1jack

"15-20 goal a season strikers are hard to get."

Will Bony on his first time here
Nando Llorente
Danny Graham (sure he was close to 15!)
Michu
Andre Ayew on his first time got 10 or 11 as well

All just about had good service from the midfield.
Except Nando I s'pose
Plus we used to have Dyer, Routs, JDG, Moore, even Angel and 50p head plus many others weighing in with a goal or 2
We scored if my memory serves about 45 goals under Brenda in our 1st season, when idiots on here were slating some of the players we were bringing up with us, as no good for the Pl.
They're still here (both the players and the idiots )

A below average squad. Abysmally poor recruitment. Change of playing style. Manager after manager, some so awful as to be incomprehensible why they were hired or given new contracts.
All these things can be laid at the door of our ex owners and our present owners for thinking the ex ones knew what they were doing.
Oh. And believing the movie

Sure someone will tell me how lucky we are to have had so many years at the top soon.
And yes, I've far more enjoyed going to the likes of Fulham, Liverpool, West Brom, Arsenal,Huddersfield, Chelsea, Utd, City, Spurs etc etc and watching us beat them home or away than going to the likes of Carlisle, Scunny, Grimsby etc etc and watching us lose home and away to them.
But, and it's a big BUT

We could have given it a far better go over the last couple of years than we have.
I do think that if (and it's a big IF) we go down, we're going to end up like the car crash clubs (Cardiff, Leeds, Pompey, Wigan, Blackpool, Coventry, Blackburn, Bolton etc etc) and really struggle to sort our sh1t out

2 games left.
It's up to our players to either show they are worth a move to a new club, or have the balls for a war.
If they don't show either, then we go down and not many clubs are going to be that interested in them

Be loud
Be proud
I also see no one is slagging off the BYHOFS posters anymore either .
In fact everyone has become one

They're hard to get for us in our current state, rudderless playthings for an American hedge fund. What striker of any worth would want to come to a club which will be constantly fighting relegation? Whole we were a mid table club we were a far more attractive proposition to both decent players and managers .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

We lack a finisher on 09:04 - May 6 with 1179 viewsBobby_Fischer

W

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

We lack a finisher on 09:05 - May 6 with 1179 viewsBobby_Fischer

What a load of shit

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

We lack a finisher on 09:05 - May 6 with 1177 viewscmajack

We lack a finisher on 21:49 - May 5 by magicdaps10

We lack creativity. If a forward has no service then he wont score, lost that provider in Siggy and was not replaced.

Totally agree. No creativity in the team at all. Andre ayew had a decent return of goals in his first spell here , though he always seemed like a square peg in a round hole. This time doesn't look like scoring from one game to the next.
We lack a finisher on 09:15 - May 6 with 1150 viewstrinityann

We lack a finisher on 08:59 - May 6 by Brynmill_Jack

They're hard to get for us in our current state, rudderless playthings for an American hedge fund. What striker of any worth would want to come to a club which will be constantly fighting relegation? Whole we were a mid table club we were a far more attractive proposition to both decent players and managers .

I would consider dropping Andre Ayew in next game and play Tammy Abraham. Jordan on one wing, Nathan on the other with Clucas, Carroll and Ki in midfield three and back to flat back 4. I know fans have been slagging Ki and Carroll, but a change of system and more support from Clucas might get the best from them.
We lack a finisher on 09:26 - May 6 with 1128 viewscmajack

We lack a finisher on 22:27 - May 5 by A_Fans_Dad

We weren't spoilt. We just purchased very good players that made us competitive in the best league in the world, which is what you need to do to progress and survive. Now we just hand out extended contracts to has beens and sign players that have multiple relegations on their cvs and are at best championship players.
We lack a finisher on 09:30 - May 6 with 1116 viewstrinityann

We lack a finisher on 09:26 - May 6 by cmajack

We weren't spoilt. We just purchased very good players that made us competitive in the best league in the world, which is what you need to do to progress and survive. Now we just hand out extended contracts to has beens and sign players that have multiple relegations on their cvs and are at best championship players.

We have no crown jewels anymore.
We lack a finisher on 09:31 - May 6 with 1108 viewsdobjack2

We lack a finisher on 08:59 - May 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Agree a perennial struggler which is what we have become without any discernible pattern of play that is chopping and changing managers is only attractive if you are being offered stupid money or you can’t get a game anywhere else.

we play with one up top. If that one up top isn’t scoring then we have problems because we have been recruiting players that don’t score.

Between the strikers we have 14 goals
As far as the midfield is concerned Clucas has 3 and ki 2

Our midfield is full of journeymen and our strikers are not putting away the opportunities that come their way.

We have spent money but very badly. Where are the hungry players we used to sign?

The midfield don’t create good chances, support the attack, score, tackle or protect the central defenders to any extent. There is no balance and because of that we are playing a conservative 3 central defenders.

Generally go one down and we are fecked.

If we go down it will be a mess on and off the pitch. Teams that go down in that state generally struggle in the hard grind of the championship.

If we stay up, there is not the money to overhaul the side and what manager will risk their reputation here? So unless we can pick up hungry players from lower divisions and coach what we have to play as a team it will probably be more of the same next season.

A depressing quality of football from a club that sold its soul and uniqueness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024