Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The morning after the night before 07:32 - May 6 with 3721 viewsfrenzied

How are you all feeling today?

I cant still believe that happened....
The morning after the night before on 08:00 - May 6 with 3624 viewssmaclad1

I'm feeling absolutely drained, and don't ever want to go thro' another end of season like that again. Anyone who comes on here in August and says they would be happy with survival and fifth from bottom needs their head testing.....unless they qualify the statement with 'but mathematically safe by mid-April'!
The morning after the night before on 08:03 - May 6 with 3612 viewsSheffdale

Feels good doesn't it? I don't think anyone really believed we'd still be in league one after falling so far adrift and then blowing so many chances. We just about made it yesterday after a horrendous journey taking four hours from Sheffield and seeing single tracks, remote farms and reservoirs I never knew existed around Ripponden. But so worth it and you could not have scripted the Joey T winner. Of course realism clicks in and it's been a poor league season in all. We need to take stock and build again for next season and Keith is the right man at the helm. Country season ticket rebooked before I knew which league we'd be in but very pleased to be looking at hosting Sunderland rather than Forest Green Rovers.
The morning after the night before on 08:08 - May 6 with 3593 viewsFalingeParka

Feeling glad to be a football fan. Nothing else can do this to you emotionally. What a ride that was.

ColonelHall

The morning after the night before on 08:18 - May 6 with 3537 viewschrishill

The morning after the night before on 08:03 - May 6 by Sheffdale

Feels good doesn't it? I don't think anyone really believed we'd still be in league one after falling so far adrift and then blowing so many chances. We just about made it yesterday after a horrendous journey taking four hours from Sheffield and seeing single tracks, remote farms and reservoirs I never knew existed around Ripponden. But so worth it and you could not have scripted the Joey T winner. Of course realism clicks in and it's been a poor league season in all. We need to take stock and build again for next season and Keith is the right man at the helm. Country season ticket rebooked before I knew which league we'd be in but very pleased to be looking at hosting Sunderland rather than Forest Green Rovers.

You must have been the car in front of me. Made the day that more exciting. How do people manage to live on those vertical roads!

Daleleeds

The morning after the night before on 08:27 - May 6 with 3494 viewsSheffdale

The morning after the night before on 08:18 - May 6 by chrishill

You must have been the car in front of me. Made the day that more exciting. How do people manage to live on those vertical roads!

Any other day it would have been a lovely detour! Sat nav said you'll save four minutes going via Smith Bridge Road. And then the level crossing was broken so everyone had to turn round. Even at 64 I was close to tears! Parked in the end on Primrose Street where I used to walk back home from Spotland school. What a day!
The morning after the night before on 08:34 - May 6 with 3443 viewsDaleiLama

I'm just relieved. I also think we deserved to stay up on effort over the season.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The morning after the night before on 08:59 - May 6 with 3316 viewsrochdaleriddler

Exhausted, hungover and happy

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The morning after the night before on 09:13 - May 6 with 3251 viewsThe_DJ

Numb from the wine and gin and the emotional roller coaster we are rode yesterday.
What a season fiinale.

Joe Thompsons's Goal will give him a place at the top table in the history of our club.
His own roller coaster ride is an inspiration to many and the wider TV audience have again seen the club at its best.
A story written in the stars.

Up the Dale and 'stayed up' party 2 will begin later today.
Login to get fewer ads

The morning after the night before on 09:45 - May 6 with 3135 viewsrochdale_ranger

Might sound bad but I’m glad I don’t have to trek over every other Saturday and come straight from work at six o’clock for the Tuesday night fixtures, will be nice to have a bit of a break from worrying about relegation every week and be able to enjoy my summer and my holiday knowing we’re still a league one next season. But even after all that I still think yesterday was special I just don’t want to be put through it again.
The morning after the night before on 10:13 - May 6 with 3046 viewsSandyman

This morning feels bloody wonderful. What an incredible event yesterday was - so close to being a nightmare but it all turned out fine. A few beers to calm / celebrate the emotional roller coaster then home to watch the Channel 5 Goal Rush coverage which did us proud. Relieved that, at last, we have learned to defend a 1 goal lead in the oppositions final third, not our own which has cost us so dearly this season. And I bet Joey T feels happier than any of us - deservedly so. Might do some gardening and go out and celebrate again
The sun is out,
The sky is blue,
The Dale aren't going down to League 2.

Splendid.
The morning after the night before on 10:41 - May 6 with 2938 viewsYouTubeDale

Relieved. I lot of people were saying before the match that we were going down. I was more optimistic, but not totally optimistic, my stance was that I was sitting on the fence and gave us a 60/40 chance against. With Hendo back and our team fighting we stood a decent chance. If you had to write the story, you would have JT as the goal-scorer in front of a national audience. The only slight worry was that I was going to see The Cure tribute band at The Empire in Rochdale after the match, and I thought that was possibly a bad omen. The FGs chose to ignore it.

...it’s Dale I’m in Love...

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

The morning after the night before on 11:07 - May 6 with 2862 viewsD_Alien

The morning after the night before on 08:34 - May 6 by DaleiLama

I'm just relieved. I also think we deserved to stay up on effort over the season.

Seem to recall us both saying, back in the autumn when things were looking dodgy, that the squad had enough to keep us up so it's not been a lack of quality or effort but today isn't one for analysis - it's getting out in the sunshine that the FGs have bestowed on us all this glorious bank holiday weekend

Well-oiled, and JT crown-oiled king of Spotland

It's a cliche, but Only at Dale!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The morning after the night before on 16:53 - May 6 with 2595 viewsDaleiLama

The morning after the night before on 11:07 - May 6 by D_Alien

Seem to recall us both saying, back in the autumn when things were looking dodgy, that the squad had enough to keep us up so it's not been a lack of quality or effort but today isn't one for analysis - it's getting out in the sunshine that the FGs have bestowed on us all this glorious bank holiday weekend

Well-oiled, and JT crown-oiled king of Spotland

It's a cliche, but Only at Dale!

Absolutely. We were good enough and skin of the teeth will do. Analysis over for now.
Think I've had too much sun doing some outdoor construction projects. Early first sundowner of the day soon.
[Post edited 6 May 2018 16:53]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The morning after the night before on 17:44 - May 6 with 2469 viewsBigKindo

Still somewhat fragile.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024