Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How will the nerves compare to....? 08:02 - May 6 with 3780 viewssainthelens

The past games v Reading/Forest/Hull (Preston for those old enough like me) against Saints on Tuesday. We haven't really faced anything like this for good while. Will the ground be rocking like in the past? I hope so, but am sceptical cos of our plastic/ scoff at cheering brigade.
How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:04 - May 6 with 2402 viewstheloneranger

I'm old enough to remember 1974/75 season.

3 games left to save ourselves, and we lost the 3, and then we had to seek re -election back to the football league.

Thanks to Harry Griffiths with Malcolm Struel going cap in hand to all the other league clubs asking for their votes, we are where we are today.

Thanks Harry YJB

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:11 - May 6 with 2385 viewsTheResurrection

The big difference now, in relation to the OP's point, is the fans.

For all those games there was a huge wave of positive momentum. You wouldn't have tuned into social media and see 75% queueing up to take pot shots at every given chance.

You didn't see idiot journalists who purport to be. Swans fans penning negative articles criticising our current players.

You do all that and we'll get what we deserve

Our fans need to buck their facking ideas up for 2 more games.

It's as simple as that

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:16 - May 6 with 2378 viewsDarran

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:11 - May 6 by TheResurrection

For all those games there was a huge wave of positive momentum. You wouldn't have tuned into social media and see 75% queueing up to take pot shots at every given chance.

You didn't see idiot journalists who purport to be. Swans fans penning negative articles criticising our current players.

It's as simple as that

Utter fuçking nonsense.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:22 - May 6 with 2351 viewsSTID2017

It's as simple as that

It's not that simple Chris.
In games like Reading Play Off , etc the fans were full of optimism and beleved anything was possible, same as during the rise under Tosh.
Now after two months when the team have flattered to decieve, even the most optimistic of us gets nervous.
Remember the Hull game ?
The ground was bouncing, but when they took the lead the atmosphere went flat.
It's a fine line between success and failure, and whilst the fans need to play their part , it's up to the team

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:26 - May 6 with 2341 viewsDarran

Seriously though how did we manage to get promoted in the first place with all the abuse The Res wrote about Jenkins and the way the club was being run the season we did actually manage to get promoted?

Honestly just fuçk off is it the predicament we find ourselves in isn’t the fault of what’s written on Planetswans.
Seriously WTF?

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:27 - May 6 with 2332 viewstrinityann

Can't wait for season to end to be honest. I've gone past caring what division we are in. Just want a return to possession based football.
How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:33 - May 6 with 2310 viewsMattG

It's as simple as that

Yes, it's the fans that need to buck their ideas up. Not the players or the manager. The fans.

I heard a loud and proud Jack Army on my stream yesterday - you were there so would surely have heard the same but still the players didn't give a fack. I fully expect it to be the same on Tuesday, in all respects.
How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:34 - May 6 with 2305 viewsTheResurrection

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:26 - May 6 by Darran

Seriously though how did we manage to get promoted in the first place with all the abuse The Res wrote about Jenkins and the way the club was being run the season we did actually manage to get promoted?

Honestly just fuçk off is it the predicament we find ourselves in isn’t the fault of what’s written on Planetswans.
Seriously WTF?

I won't talk to true scum.

Anyone else want to talk football?

To answer STID's point, of course it's not that simple but I'm talking about giving our team the best chance possible, and that wasn't booing the fack out of them at the final whistle yesterday. Especially with the week we've got in front of us.

To go back to that Hull game can you remember the Board letting fans in for a fiver? A gesture that can't be repeated now with the amount of season tickets and general demand but it was another way of uniting and galvanising the supporter base.

For all the problems we've had of late, for once, we need to put them all aside and unite for the bigger picture.

We can make the Liberty full of energy and we can lift the home team. None of this is rocket science but still, we've got pond life on here looking to pick holes.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:39 - May 6 with 2293 viewsDarran

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:34 - May 6 by TheResurrection

I won't talk to true scum.

Anyone else want to talk football?

To answer STID's point, of course it's not that simple but I'm talking about giving our team the best chance possible, and that wasn't booing the fack out of them at the final whistle yesterday. Especially with the week we've got in front of us.

To go back to that Hull game can you remember the Board letting fans in for a fiver? A gesture that can't be repeated now with the amount of season tickets and general demand but it was another way of uniting and galvanising the supporter base.

For all the problems we've had of late, for once, we need to put them all aside and unite for the bigger picture.

We can make the Liberty full of energy and we can lift the home team. None of this is rocket science but still, we've got pond life on here looking to pick holes.

You won’t talk to me because you know I’ve got your number and you can’t answer you fuçking freak.
Got any mental health jokes for us today? Who deserves to be up the Coed this week because they know what the truth is?

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:40 - May 6 with 2286 viewsBloodyhills

It's the players that need to buck up their ideas and give it a go. The fans can make as hostile an atmosphere for Southampton as they can but ultimately only the ones on the pitch can do it.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:41 - May 6 with 2283 viewsDarran

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:33 - May 6 by MattG

Yes, it's the fans that need to buck their ideas up. Not the players or the manager. The fans.

I heard a loud and proud Jack Army on my stream yesterday - you were there so would surely have heard the same but still the players didn't give a fack. I fully expect it to be the same on Tuesday, in all respects.

It’s pathetic Matt,it’s everyones fault except the people who’s fault it really is.

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:48 - May 6 with 2271 viewsAngelRangelQS

I think it’ll be a great atmosphere on Tuesday night personally.

Don’t really buy into this “plastic” thing too much either. We’ve had some cracking atmospheres in the PL when it’s been needed. When we’ve struggled the atmosphere may have been crap but then again it was at the Vetch too.

Irrespective of what people say about the team/players/owners on here, in work or in the pub, come Tuesday night everyone will be up for this game
How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:52 - May 6 with 2259 viewsTheResurrection

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:33 - May 6 by MattG

The players gave a fack you utter imbecile. They put one hell of a shift in and tried their hardest. Losing games isn't always down to lack of effort and yeah I was there watching every minute of it in the flesh. The fans were great but that doesn't excuse the end of the game.

We all know now we haven't got the strongest ability in this squad so why slaughter them for trying to win us games

You're facking clueless.

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:53 - May 6 with 2246 viewsDarran

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:48 - May 6 by AngelRangelQS

Don’t really buy into this “plastic” thing too much either. We’ve had some cracking atmospheres in the PL when it’s been needed. When we’ve struggled the atmosphere may have been crap but then again it was at the Vetch too.

Irrespective of what people say about the team/players/owners on here, in work or in the pub, come Tuesday night everyone will be up for this game

Exactly.

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:05 - May 6 with 2210 viewsTheResurrection

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:48 - May 6 by AngelRangelQS

I hope so but why is it so difficult to want to to give the players the best chance.

Every single negative comment has an affect here and there. The more people read them, the more they digest, the momentum grows and it becomes the norm. More and more allow this to seep into their psyche and when things don't go right in games they let out their emotions.

It's not right to say the players aren't trying, that's just a cheap, pathetic comment made by arseholes. We're struggling because we can't find systems and methods to play.

Carlos has hit a brick wall and he doesn't know whether to stick or twist, but this isn't something he's doing on purpose. He's not gone out of his way to perform a miracle only to do his utmost to fack it up at the death.

He wants this survival as much as any true Jack. He's working with the players day in day out and he's making tough choices to try and keep us in this league.

Nothing else. Same for the players, they're doing their best as well.

We're not in a great place and we need as much positive energy as possible.

This isn't about blame, it's about unity.

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:17 - May 6 with 2185 viewsunion_jack

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:16 - May 6 by Darran

Utter fuçking nonsense.

To be fair, in this instance Chris has a point.

We were on a wave of positive momentum in those games and there was a positive expectancy from the crowd. However, we haven't a lot to crow about lately with yesterday being another dismal display.

If we as fans can go into Tuesday with hope and positivity it will filter into the pitch.

That said, if it goes wrong it won't be our, the fans fault. That lies firmly at the feet of the sell-outs and the yanks.

If we make it so hostile on Tuesday then that will be a 12th or even a 13th man (which we'll probably need as they'll have the ref as their 12th🙄).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:20 - May 6 with 2173 viewsDarran

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:17 - May 6 by union_jack

We were on a wave of positive momentum in those games and there was a positive expectancy from the crowd. However, we haven't a lot to crow about lately with yesterday being another dismal display.

If we as fans can go into Tuesday with hope and positivity it will filter into the pitch.

That said, if it goes wrong it won't be our, the fans fault. That lies firmly at the feet of the sell-outs and the yanks.

If we make it so hostile on Tuesday then that will be a 12th or even a 13th man (which we'll probably need as they'll have the ref as their 12th🙄).

Oh it most certainly will be our fault.

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:23 - May 6 with 2156 viewsTheResurrection

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:17 - May 6 by union_jack

I've never blamed the fans but I moan about them constantly and simply because that's the one element of advantage we can do something about

In a weeks time we can let it all out, really hammer home any issues that are on our minds. You can give it both barrels to Jenkins and whoever else you feel the need to, but for one week, forget about it.

FFS give SCFC the best chance at staying up.

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:26 - May 6 with 2140 viewsDarran

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:23 - May 6 by TheResurrection

I've never blamed the fans but I moan about them constantly and simply because that's the one element of advantage we can do something about

In a weeks time we can let it all out, really hammer home any issues that are on our minds. You can give it both barrels to Jenkins and whoever else you feel the need to, but for one week, forget about it.

YOU can give it both barrels to Jenkins and whoever else YOU feel the need to, but for one week, forget about it.

If ever proof was need. Them & Us.

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:30 - May 6 with 2121 viewsunion_jack

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:23 - May 6 by TheResurrection

No-one is talking about protesting in these games though Chris. It's a shame we are not safe by now because these games would have been the perfect opportunity to do so.

Where I believe you are right is that we go into these games with the attitude that we give the players 110% support. They'll respond hopefully.

But at the end of the day if we are relegated, no blame can be placed on us the fans. You know that.

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:34 - May 6 with 2109 viewsTheResurrection

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:30 - May 6 by union_jack

No-one is talking about protesting in these games though Chris. It's a shame we are not safe by now because these games would have been the perfect opportunity to do so.

Where I believe you are right is that we go into these games with the attitude that we give the players 110% support. They'll respond hopefully.

But at the end of the day if we are relegated, no blame can be placed on us the fans. You know that.

I do but all I'm asking is we avoid the shit articles and negative posts for one week.

We should be campaigning to give the players everything we've got for 95 minutes x 2.

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:40 - May 6 with 2086 viewscostalotta

It's as simple as that

The fans have a prt to play. But....it’s not he only part. Remember the expression the 12th man? You seem to forget that the other 11 PLAYERS have a job to do, all of them. Then there is thenteam behind the scenes that puts these players together, the squad. We, the fans do our part at every game and not only that in spending the hard earned on season tickets and merch’. I didn’t hear PS posters shouting and demotivating the players at the match yesterday. Did you?

Perhaps the fans turned in the Chelsea game last week? Or even the Everton game?

The team needs our support right now. And the fans need to provide that. We (the fans) dont need some self serving constantly telling us we are not supporting or are doing it wrong or what the fack ever.
How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:42 - May 6 with 2078 viewsunion_jack

How will the nerves compare to....? on 10:34 - May 6 by TheResurrection

I do but all I'm asking is we avoid the shit articles and negative posts for one week.

We should be campaigning to give the players everything we've got for 95 minutes x 2.

Totally agree. It would be nice if the Local press could help to rally the troops. Won't hold my breath.

As someone said yesterday, they're sponsored by Virgin. It sounds silly but it may give an extra edge if the press play on that. We need to use everything we can regardless of how silly it may be.

How will the nerves compare to....? on 11:00 - May 6 with 2046 viewsjacksfullaces

It's as simple as that

fans were great yesterday, before and during the game.

didn't prevent the team struggling though, looking laboured, low on skill levels and short on ideas.

hope springs eternal and of course the fans will get behind them again on Tuesday. we have played out of our skins at times this season and papered over the cracks, need at least one more 90 mins where the boys can do that.

still sad though that we are hoping for bang average players to play out of their skins though, don't think there is anything wrong in saying that - it is in their interest to do so too!!
How will the nerves compare to....? on 11:03 - May 6 with 2028 viewsJonTheJack

How will the nerves compare to....? on 09:27 - May 6 by trinityann

Can't wait for season to end to be honest. I've gone past caring what division we are in. Just want a return to possession based football.

I'm here with you. Really couldn't give a toss, and just wish we could get some pride back.

The last 3 seasons have been a real slog and it all comes down to pure greed and then apathy. It hasn't been enjoyable save for the survival under Clement; and I would put my house on it that should we survive again this season, Carlos will be given his P45 around December because of yet more phuckery upstairs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024