Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea have a trump card over Southampton 08:12 - May 6 with 7465 viewspeenemunde

The might of Manchester City fc.
Thank god we aren’t playing them.
All to play for.
Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:14 - May 6 with 3946 viewsJackfath

They'll beat Southampton 8-0.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:15 - May 6 with 3947 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I don't put any faith in city doing us any favours. End of season games can throw up some illogical results .....
[Post edited 6 May 2018 8:15]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:15 - May 6 with 3933 viewspeenemunde

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:14 - May 6 by Jackfath

They'll beat Southampton 8-0.

I’d settle for a 0-1 with two draws for us.
[Post edited 6 May 2018 8:16]
Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:17 - May 6 with 3914 views3swan

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:15 - May 6 by Brynmill_Jack

I don't put any faith in city doing us any favours. End of season games can throw up some illogical results .....

Agree. the only sure way of staying up is a win against Southampton and at least a draw against Stoke.
Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:19 - May 6 with 3905 viewspeenemunde

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:15 - May 6 by Brynmill_Jack

If you could pick one team for Southampton’s last fixture, who would it be ? Manchester City ?
Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:29 - May 6 with 3846 viewsSTID2017

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:19 - May 6 by peenemunde

If you could pick one team for Southampton’s last fixture, who would it be ? Manchester City ?

Shame they don't play them home and away this week

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:33 - May 6 with 3845 viewsmonmouth

We are playing two of only three teams in the division without more points than us, at home, in cup finals to stay up. If we can’t seal that deal without worrying about anything else, we should not be in this division and we need to suck it up.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:37 - May 6 with 3821 viewspencoedjack

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:33 - May 6 by monmouth

We are playing two of only three teams in the division without more points than us, at home, in cup finals to stay up. If we can’t seal that deal without worrying about anything else, we should not be in this division and we need to suck it up.

Spot on
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:39 - May 6 with 3811 viewswobbly

Every other club would rather have our run-in than theirs.

Unfortunately, I think every other club has a bit more fight in them right now.
Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:45 - May 6 with 3776 viewslifelong

It’s not easy staying positive when you look at the lack of goal scoring quality in our side, 2 goals in our last 7 games, 27 goals all season makes for grim reading.
Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:45 - May 6 with 3783 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:19 - May 6 by peenemunde

Of course it would be city but that doesn't guarantee a Soton defeat does it? Usually you would say yes but last day of the season when then league has been won weeks ago?

Should the unthinkable happen and we lose to Soton and have to beat an already relegated stoke who would love to drag us down with them we are f*cked. A point would see us relegated. They would park the bus and we'd have no means of scoring barring a fortuitous penalty. Which we'd probably miss......

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:45 - May 6 with 3782 viewsJinxy

Totally agree. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd now take a gritty/boring/park the bus type point on Tuesday, because with Stoke being down that game is even more winnable now. If we were playing Stoke at theirs, they'd want to bow out with dignity in front of their fans - but they're not thankfully. Then, a nice summer clear out at all levels of the club to give us renewed hope. I have a dream...

p.s. I can see Huddersfield getting a point or two, but Man City are a football machine so unlikely to not be professional v Southampton.
Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:51 - May 6 with 3730 viewspencoedjack

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:45 - May 6 by Jinxy

Totally agree. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd now take a gritty/boring/park the bus type point on Tuesday, because with Stoke being down that game is even more winnable now. If we were playing Stoke at theirs, they'd want to bow out with dignity in front of their fans - but they're not thankfully. Then, a nice summer clear out at all levels of the club to give us renewed hope. I have a dream...

p.s. I can see Huddersfield getting a point or two, but Man City are a football machine so unlikely to not be professional v Southampton.

Shaqiri should of been sent off yesterday which would of helped our cause
Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:57 - May 6 with 3684 viewsLord_Bony

Manchester City know finishing the season strong is essential if they want another successful campaign next year. Despite strolling to the Premier League title this year, Raheem Sterling wants the Blues to record maximum points from their remaining three matches as a perfect end to the season...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:04 - May 6 with 3641 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:57 - May 6 by Lord_Bony

Manchester City know finishing the season strong is essential if they want another successful campaign next year. Despite strolling to the Premier League title this year, Raheem Sterling wants the Blues to record maximum points from their remaining three matches as a perfect end to the season...

That's fair enough. Odd things do still happen though. Especially in the land of untold premier league riches.
Southampton's players demonstrated their desire on the pitch yesterday are were very unlucky not to win. We have not only better their performance , we must match their desire. That's the part that makes me nervous.

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:06 - May 6 with 3629 viewsAngelRangelQS

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:04 - May 6 by Brynmill_Jack

That's fair enough. Odd things do still happen though. Especially in the land of untold premier league riches.
Southampton's players demonstrated their desire on the pitch yesterday are were very unlucky not to win. We have not only better their performance , we must match their desire. That's the part that makes me nervous.

Until Everton equalised yesterday I was worried that Southampton would come here for a point on Tuesday which lets face it, they’d have probably gotten.

Surely the City game will be on their minds now and they’ll be pretty much all out for a win against us? They’ve got more chance of beating us to stay up than City - presumably that’s the way they’ll view things?
Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:09 - May 6 with 3609 viewsBloodyhills

Manchester City haven't taken their foot of the gas since winning the League and apparently want to break the 100 points mark so will be up for their remaining games. However it's down to us and, as Monmouth said above, if we can't get the points we need to stay up in our last two games against fellow strugglers we don't deserve to be in the Prem.

I think/hope we will though.
[Post edited 6 May 2018 9:16]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:14 - May 6 with 3586 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:06 - May 6 by AngelRangelQS

Until Everton equalised yesterday I was worried that Southampton would come here for a point on Tuesday which lets face it, they’d have probably gotten.

Surely the City game will be on their minds now and they’ll be pretty much all out for a win against us? They’ve got more chance of beating us to stay up than City - presumably that’s the way they’ll view things?

They are going to come at us like a whirlwind. I just hope we're ready for the storm

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:15 - May 6 with 3582 viewsCaptain_Sham

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:06 - May 6 by AngelRangelQS

They pretty much have to win. If we can avoid conceding an early goal then the game will drift into our favour. There will be opportunities to counter attack, Narsing to start please and lets hope he can provide ONE decent ball. We need pace one the pitch. Caroll needs to go on holiday now. He was appalling yesterday. Hopefully Lamina stays out. Yoshida suspended?
[Post edited 6 May 2018 9:15]

Its just a ride.

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:15 - May 6 with 3576 viewskarnataka

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:51 - May 6 by pencoedjack

Shaqiri should of been sent off yesterday which would of helped our cause

Shaqiri should have been sent off yesterday which would have helped our cause.

With Switzerland being in the World Cup, there is no point in him playing against us. He's probably booking his flight back to Switzerland for this coming week this morning.

If we stay up, wonder if we could sign him.
[Post edited 6 May 2018 9:18]
Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:38 - May 6 with 3473 viewsJohnw102

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 08:17 - May 6 by 3swan

Agree. the only sure way of staying up is a win against Southampton and at least a draw against Stoke.

On the Stoke fan site their fans want the team to throw the Swansea game to send Mark Hughes down with them!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:41 - May 6 with 3465 viewsAmbergambler

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:38 - May 6 by Johnw102

On the Stoke fan site their fans want the team to throw the Swansea game to send Mark Hughes down with them!

What a brilliant idea. Hope they go for it
Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:51 - May 6 with 3427 viewsmagicdaps10

Forget Soton and Man City, we have to deal with Soton on tuesday.

Soton wont fath about like we have in the last month and will come to beat us, a win guarantees them safety.

A win or a draw would suit us great, Soton have to target a win..........their game plan only has one option, what worries me is our game plan will have a stick or twist scenario, play to win or play for a draw.

Fortune will favour the brave and for me both managers are quite boring and it could fall down to a bit of individual brilliance......boy do I wish for a Gylfi Sigurdsson in a situation like this!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 10:09 - May 6 with 3371 viewsWingstandwood

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 09:14 - May 6 by Brynmill_Jack

They are going to come at us like a whirlwind. I just hope we're ready for the storm

Yes indeed, the fact they know all too well who their next opponents are going to be after us is likely going to instill a desperation to win at all costs down the Liberty. A nothing to lose game. Like a cornered wild animal.

I think Southampton will fight to the their last drop of its blood....It'll be the ultimate must-win game for them in the most profoundest of ways.

So who their last games opponents could either be a blessing or a curse to SCFC..... and which one it'll be?....And the outcome????

Argus!

Swansea have a trump card over Southampton on 10:26 - May 6 with 3287 viewsploppy

One thing I've noticed about Southampton recently is they've become quite dirty. Lots of cynical fouls against Bournemouth at the end, and some nasty ones yesterday - Lemina v Coleman in particular. They used to just pass the ball around for fun but they've got an edge to them now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024