Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. 11:30 - May 7 with 6310 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Interesting perspective here. I’ll buy this if we go down. If we stay up - not so sure.

http://www.football365.com/news/stop-fretting-about-relegation-instead-embrace-i

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 11:34 - May 7 with 4249 viewsFireboy2

I hope the res doesnt see this
Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 11:36 - May 7 with 4237 viewsjackjackjackjack

It's not the end of the world.

Most on here seem to dislike virtually every player we have, so in the Championship we'll be getting some new players, and not paying £15m. And the ones in current squad who stay will hopefully look better playing against the likes of Wigan, Birmingham, Leeds etc.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 11:36 - May 7 with 4236 viewsomarjack

Man..
There is a difference between looking at a half full glass and be content about it..and between having a completely empty glass and then insist that you prefer air to wine..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 11:40 - May 7 with 4214 viewsmajorraglan

Boro is one side of the coin, Sunderland the other. I would hope Swansea could bounce straight back up, but that’s not a given. Given the way things have gone recently my money would be on the latter. Unfortunately, at this moment in time my glass is half empty.
Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 11:56 - May 7 with 4158 viewsmagicdaps10

Our problem is we will still have Jenkins and his scum at our club.

We need this disease out of our club before we can start enjoying it all again.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 12:20 - May 7 with 4103 viewsSmellyplumz

I'm all for it if it gets rid of Jenkins and the owners. Rip it up and start again. I just want to watch some good football.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 12:21 - May 7 with 4091 viewsJackfath

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 12:20 - May 7 by Smellyplumz

I'm all for it if it gets rid of Jenkins and the owners. Rip it up and start again. I just want to watch some good football.

Does getting rid of Jenkins and the owners mean we will watch good football? I don't get the correlation.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 12:23 - May 7 with 4087 viewsSmellyplumz

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 12:21 - May 7 by Jackfath

Does getting rid of Jenkins and the owners mean we will watch good football? I don't get the correlation.

Think a bit harder then love, can hardly get much worse with them gone imo.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 12:25 - May 7 with 4075 viewsJackfath

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 12:23 - May 7 by Smellyplumz

Think a bit harder then love, can hardly get much worse with them gone imo.

You reckon?

Please explain.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 12:28 - May 7 with 4067 viewsSmellyplumz

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 12:25 - May 7 by Jackfath

You reckon?

Please explain.

Ignore cheerio

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 12:30 - May 7 with 4056 viewsJackfath

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 12:28 - May 7 by Smellyplumz

Ignore cheerio

As usual, when challenged on your opinion you refuse to give it. Throw out a bizarre statement and then not back it up. It's weird.

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 14:21 - May 7 with 3897 viewsRevJames

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 12:21 - May 7 by Jackfath

In the real business world, unlike football, it's highly likely that the spiralling decline in performances over the last few years would have led to changes.

Everyone should be accountable - not just the Manager.

Fresh faces with a clear strategic plan, proper succession planning and a return to our core values might, just might, make watching SCFC enjoyable again - whatever league we're in.
Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 15:05 - May 7 with 3811 viewsJackfath

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 14:21 - May 7 by RevJames

In the real business world, unlike football, it's highly likely that the spiralling decline in performances over the last few years would have led to changes.

Everyone should be accountable - not just the Manager.

Fresh faces with a clear strategic plan, proper succession planning and a return to our core values might, just might, make watching SCFC enjoyable again - whatever league we're in.

I agree but as is plain to see, Huw and the others didn't exactly make sure the current owners had a clear strategic plan with proper succession planning and a return to core values.

If Huw and the others go, who will there be to ensure this happens?

I fully understand the sentiment, but the reality maybe isn't as clear as you set out.

I'm also not advocating Huw stays either. I can see him leaving in the Summer anyway regardless of where we are, especially if the Trust (and the other pressure groups) start some shenanigans...

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:05 - May 7 with 3616 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

It will clarify why the Yanks are here!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:08 - May 7 with 3610 viewsJBT95

Let's stay up, invest, smash the scum 4-0 both games next season, hope they 'better' Derby's worst ever total, and hope we can kick on and finish with 45 points in 10th.
Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:12 - May 7 with 3589 viewsJackfath

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:08 - May 7 by JBT95

Let's stay up, invest, smash the scum 4-0 both games next season, hope they 'better' Derby's worst ever total, and hope we can kick on and finish with 45 points in 10th.

That's quite possibly your best ever post.

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:22 - May 7 with 3563 viewsGlyn1

In what year were we last relegated? A generation of our fans have grown up without experiencing it, while the old 'uns accept it as a fact of life. The cycle of life, man.

Let's say that there are 6 clubs who really are too big and rich to be relegated. That leaves 14 clubs with 3 relegation places, giving a 1 in 5 chance of going down every season. We've punched above our weight for the last 7 years.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:25 - May 7 with 3552 viewsbluey_the_blue

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:08 - May 7 by JBT95

You started off well with the first bit then it kinda tailed off. Like a car being driven over a cliff...
Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:33 - May 7 with 3520 viewsJBT95

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:22 - May 7 by Glyn1

In what year were we last relegated? A generation of our fans have grown up without experiencing it, while the old 'uns accept it as a fact of life. The cycle of life, man.

Let's say that there are 6 clubs who really are too big and rich to be relegated. That leaves 14 clubs with 3 relegation places, giving a 1 in 5 chance of going down every season. We've punched above our weight for the last 7 years.

2001, which is before my time.
Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:42 - May 7 with 3495 viewsAmbergambler

I think the article is less about 'an adventure' and more about making the best of a bad job.

For a small city like Swansea and a small football club, being in the Premier League is like finding the golden ticket.

We are now on the brink of tearing that up into little pieces and throwing it away -through the greed and incompetence of those running the club.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that, adventures like that I can do without, thank you very much!
Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:47 - May 7 with 3479 viewsAngelRangelQS

As a fan I don’t see what changes upon relegation.

Obviously I want us to stay up but if we don’t I’ll still be going, still be over the moon when we win, moan and overreact when we lose and still check Twitter every 5 mins during the transfer window

From a purely footballing perspective, I don’t know what difference relegation to the championship actually makes
Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 19:11 - May 7 with 3409 viewsWingstandwood

If relegated? The Summer months look set to turn into the most riveting and not to be missed succession of events that’ll be the script for the most gripping off-the-pitch-soap-opera in SCFC’s entire history.

I do rather think the Yanks are going to be rather p#ssed off….. I do rather think the Yanks may finnaly end up realising that they’ve been taken on a Chutzpah ride courtesy of Jenkins/and his gang’s merry sell-off patter and JTAK DVD marketing tool b@llocks

There will surely be recrimination, buck-passing, upheaval, board room melodrama and financial ‘adjustment(s)’ i.e. sacking and restructuring that’s going to be interesting to say the least. If relegated? Fasten your seatbelts folks! To say things are going to be interesting will be an understatement!

Argus!

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 19:15 - May 7 with 3397 viewsjasper_T

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:47 - May 7 by AngelRangelQS

Obviously I want us to stay up but if we don’t I’ll still be going, still be over the moon when we win, moan and overreact when we lose and still check Twitter every 5 mins during the transfer window

From a purely footballing perspective, I don’t know what difference relegation to the championship actually makes

We'd be forced to jettison most of the dross that has accumulated in the squad over the last few years. Others will be desperate to jump ship for another payday at some gullible club. Those we're left with will suddenly find themselves playing football at nearer their level, and will hopefully start to express themselves again, instead of living in fear. The u23s (who play entertaining, attacking football) might get a chance out of pure necessity.

We haven't got the players to become an industrial lower league side without spending money (and Championship players ain't cheap these days) so I'm optimistic we could come out the other side being tolerable to watch again.
Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 19:31 - May 7 with 3370 viewsDippy

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:22 - May 7 by Glyn1

This is a load of bollocks though..

Traditionally we are a 2nd division outfit that pulled in 30k crowds..

We have a wage Bill that's bigger than most clubs in Europe.

We don't play in the 4th division, and haven't for 15 years.. if anything, we're punching below our weight.

But people have this delusional belief that we don't belong in the top two tiers.. even though our history and overall crowds pinpoint that we're a top 2 division club.

Poll: Cooper Out

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 19:33 - May 7 with 3365 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Relegation? Treat it as an adventure. on 18:47 - May 7 by AngelRangelQS

The Yanks will want their money back, they will asset strip the club, football will not be on the agenda let alone the priority.
League 1 will be the best we can hope for.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024