Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s been a good run. 21:41 - May 8 with 2261 views34dfgdf54

It had to come to an end. You can’t sell the players we have done and compete.

I know it’s only a game but my heart broke watching the young kids crying their hearts out in the final few minutes. Fingers crossed we rebuild from the top. I fear for us under this regime though, we got a very rocky few years coming.
It’s been a good run. on 21:45 - May 8 with 2139 viewsWarwickHunt

It didn't have to come to an end. Self-inflicted by our self-appointed fûckwit of a DoF.

We've been treading water for years. Tonight we may have drowned.
It’s been a good run. on 21:46 - May 8 with 2125 viewsdobjack2

You can if your recruitment is good. Ours seems to have been on a par with Stoke.

In fact a lot of similarities with the comments Butland and the Coates have made about what has gone wrong with Stoke. However I have no confidence in our owners sorting it out.
It’s been a good run. on 21:54 - May 8 with 1974 views34dfgdf54

It’s been a good run. on 21:46 - May 8 by dobjack2

You can if your recruitment is good. Ours seems to have been on a par with Stoke.

In fact a lot of similarities with the comments Butland and the Coates have made about what has gone wrong with Stoke. However I have no confidence in our owners sorting it out.

He needs to go. He should resign as soon as the full time whistle goes next week.

There’s a lot on here who have talked our players up if we get relegated. The proof will be in the pudding. There’s some here who will struggle badly I have no doubt at all.
It’s been a good run. on 21:58 - May 8 with 1830 viewscmajack

It’s been a good run. on 21:46 - May 8 by dobjack2

Though no consolation to the stoke fans, at least butland, charlie adam and the chairman have been highly critical of their transfer policy and attitude of some of their players. I wait with baited breath for the reaction from the people who have ruined this football club for their own greed and gain namely jenkins and the owners.
It’s been a good run. on 21:59 - May 8 with 1826 viewsphact0rri

To be fair we did concentrate a lot on infrastructure and we can see it in the academy teams. So hopefully we can at least build up from the base below the first team, and see where that takes us.

Its going to be a hard next few years if the needle drops on the weekend for sure. but its not a complete disaster just the front facing part.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

It’s been a good run. on 22:50 - May 8 with 1486 viewsCopaMundial

It’s been a good run. on 21:59 - May 8 by phact0rri

To be fair we did concentrate a lot on infrastructure and we can see it in the academy teams. So hopefully we can at least build up from the base below the first team, and see where that takes us.

Its going to be a hard next few years if the needle drops on the weekend for sure. but its not a complete disaster just the front facing part.

Sadly the academy will be one of the first victims of relegation,we simply can't afford the outlay to maintain the two facilities at Landore and Fairwood , it was always folly to build two facilities, it won't be long before we see the tumbleweed blowing through Landore.
It’s been a good run. on 22:54 - May 8 with 1432 viewsmax936

It’s been a good run. on 22:50 - May 8 by CopaMundial

Sadly the academy will be one of the first victims of relegation,we simply can't afford the outlay to maintain the two facilities at Landore and Fairwood , it was always folly to build two facilities, it won't be long before we see the tumbleweed blowing through Landore.

Its obvious why those two were built infrastructure to make it attractive to potential buyers.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

It’s been a good run. on 22:59 - May 8 with 1369 viewsicecoldjack

Which is why to me it's been more a vanity project than anything else. Will we keep all these things going on 12 k crowds a week and a fraction of the money ?

How can we eject the deadwood , most if the u 23 s are on serious wages too so that will be going also .

I'm not fussed what league the team are in never have been but I feel for those connected with the club and earn a living from it.
Thought I read it was around 400 employed !

That won't be lasting .
Login to get fewer ads

It’s been a good run. on 23:44 - May 8 with 1229 viewsGowerjack

Expensive business developing academies and training grounds.

Still the work was done by Martin Morgan's company so that must have saved a few bob...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

It’s been a good run. on 23:56 - May 8 with 1170 viewsmajorraglan

Don’t disagree, but this is the time when the academy should be coming to the fore. Developing players who will go on to play in the PL is very difficult, even the best teams aren’t stocked with academy products. Developing Championship and League 1 players where the club may find itself is a lot easier and there will be more of them capable of reaching the standard.
During hard times, investment is one of the first things to be cut back. The average wage for a PL player is £55k per week or £2.5m a year, I would have thought that kind of money would go a long way towards running the academy and developing the players of tomorrow. If Oli McBurnie is sold over the summer for £5m, that’s a decent reflection on the academy. A lot of the youngsters at the academy are on low wages. I think the academy is the future, particularly outside the PL.
It’s been a good run. on 00:00 - May 9 with 1130 viewsCroftyjack

It’s been a good run. on 21:58 - May 8 by cmajack

Though no consolation to the stoke fans, at least butland, charlie adam and the chairman have been highly critical of their transfer policy and attitude of some of their players. I wait with baited breath for the reaction from the people who have ruined this football club for their own greed and gain namely jenkins and the owners.

Don't expect much from our silent board...A club statement is needed though at this time
It’s been a good run. on 00:05 - May 9 with 1103 viewsDippy

I almost cried.. it was the fact that I wanted to punch and kill people in my head.. I just thought my thought process was all wrong.. and decided to have an emotional 20 second think about it.

Poll: Cooper Out

It’s been a good run. on 00:07 - May 9 with 1089 viewsLeonWasGod

If we go down it'll be tough to fund the academy at its current level for sure. Parachute payments would help, but beyond that it would have to shrink. But then a pre-PL academy gave us Joey and Ben, whereas the PL academy has given us.....? So maybe it wouldn't be the end of the world.

But what's all this talk about relegation? Loads of time to turn it around yet
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024