Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad next season... 08:41 - May 9 with 5940 viewsomarjack

GK:Nordfeldt/Mulder
RB:Roberts/Naughton
CB:Van Der Hoorn/Amat?
CB:Bartley/?
LB:Olsson
CMF:Clucas/King
CMF:Carroll/Fulton
CMF:Fer/Mesa
AMF:?/Narsingh
RW/LW:Dyer/Routledge
CF:J.Ayew(please god)/Mcburnie

Sell:
Mawson:20 m
Baston:3 m?
Fernandez:5 m?
A.Ayew:12 m?
Fabianski:5 m?
Bony:free (just to rid of wages)
Ki:free
Rangel:free
Montero:free

TOTAL:45 m

we need an Attacking Midfielder and a back up CB..and a new winger wouldn't hurt.

do you think this squad can reach at least the Play offs next season? I think yes. The problem is that the same could be said about Stoke and West Brom..

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Squad next season... on 08:55 - May 9 with 5179 viewsmagicdaps10

Said it all along, you will see the saleable lads go and the u23 players promoted with the odd signing.

GK-NORDFELLT-MULDER
RB-NAUGHTON-ROBERTS-RODON
LB-OLSSON
CB-BARTLEY-VDH
CM-CARROLL-CLUCAS-FER-FULTON-BRITTON-GRIMES
RW/LW-DYER-NARSINGH-JAMES
CF-McBURNIE

Out will go

FABIANSKI-5M
FEDE-5M
MAWSON-20M
KI-FREE
RANGEL-FREE
AMAT-3/4M
MESA-6M
A.AYEW-10M
J.AYEW-10/12MBASTON-5M
MONTERO-3M
BONY-6M

Do the maths!!! Probably see a lot of free agents come in and the odd couple of million spent.

I have always said, the battle will not be staying in the premier league but what comes after it. Huw and co wont be seen on these shores for much longer......a sunnier climate awaits.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Squad next season... on 09:24 - May 9 with 5116 viewsCaptain_Sham

I think we need to be modest in our ambitions for next season.

Its just a ride.

Squad next season... on 09:26 - May 9 with 5104 viewsSmellyplumz

Squad next season... on 09:24 - May 9 by Captain_Sham

Start at the bottom and then kiss it? Suck our way to the top? That kind of thing.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Squad next season... on 09:29 - May 9 with 5095 viewsomarjack

Squad next season... on 09:24 - May 9 by Captain_Sham

Awww..don't be like that!

We will be the 1st team to win the Championship and the Premier League back to back..Sam f*cking Clucas will join Barcelona to replace Iniesta. Meanwhile Carroll will be the new Pjanic at Juventus (which will be considered a downgrade in his career of course)

As for The Routs (Routledge will be the top scorer in these 2 seasons) he'll be joining Man City in a swap deal with Leroy Sane.

Squad next season... on 09:29 - May 9 with 5093 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Even in the Championship, which is the most likely scenario, that squad still needs around £20m-£30m investment to compete.
Look at Villa - theyve spent big & only made the playoffs. Wolves have bought the title by having Mendes there.
You only have to look at Sunderland to see what will happen if we don't re-invest.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Squad next season... on 09:35 - May 9 with 5072 viewsomarjack

Squad next season... on 09:29 - May 9 by AustinIsOurHero

Even in the Championship, which is the most likely scenario, that squad still needs around £20m-£30m investment to compete.
Look at Villa - theyve spent big & only made the playoffs. Wolves have bought the title by having Mendes there.
You only have to look at Sunderland to see what will happen if we don't re-invest.

Aston Villa had zero backbone..plus they barely invested this season! They got Adomah for free..Snodgrass on loan and Elmohamedy for 1 m from Hull!!
their squad is an ageing terrible mess.

As for sunderland..have you seen their sh!tty squad last season?!
their best player Defoe (who scored 15 out of their 24 goals last season) left to Bournemouth..their CB pair went on loan and Pickford left..disasterous squad.

we are clearly better..if we keep J.Ayew/Mcburnie/VDH and maybe Fernandez and invested some 20 m in three new decent players..we should be able to be promoted.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 9:35]

Squad next season... on 09:36 - May 9 with 5065 viewsSmellyplumz

Squad next season... on 09:35 - May 9 by omarjack

Aston Villa had zero backbone..plus they barely invested this season! They got Adomah for free..Snodgrass on loan and Elmohamedy for 1 m from Hull!!

their best player Defoe (who scored 15 out of their 24 goals last season) left to Bournemouth..their CB pair went on loan and Pickford left..disasterous squad.

we are clearly better..if we keep J.Ayew/Mcburnie/VDH and maybe Fernandez and invested some 20 m in three new decent players..we should be able to be promoted.

Clearly.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Squad next season... on 09:42 - May 9 with 5036 viewsCaptain_Sham

Squad next season... on 09:26 - May 9 by Smellyplumz

Start at the bottom and then kiss it? Suck our way to the top? That kind of thing.

I should have said expectation rather than ambition. We have to see who we have left as Im sure the Yanks are looking at all those 50k salaries with panic.

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

Squad next season... on 09:43 - May 9 with 5035 viewsEbo

Squad next season... on 08:55 - May 9 by magicdaps10

Said it all along, you will see the saleable lads go and the u23 players promoted with the odd signing.

GK-NORDFELLT-MULDER
LB-OLSSON
CB-BARTLEY-VDH
CF-McBURNIE

Out will go

FABIANSKI-5M
FEDE-5M
MAWSON-20M
KI-FREE
RANGEL-FREE
AMAT-3/4M
MESA-6M
A.AYEW-10M
J.AYEW-10/12MBASTON-5M
MONTERO-3M
BONY-6M

Do the maths!!! Probably see a lot of free agents come in and the odd couple of million spent.

I have always said, the battle will not be staying in the premier league but what comes after it. Huw and co wont be seen on these shores for much longer......a sunnier climate awaits.

If we are still including Routs, Britton and Dyer in a Championship team then we are asking for trouble. I am a massive fan of Britton but his best days are gone now.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Squad next season... on 09:52 - May 9 with 4995 viewsawayjack

I don't think yanks would give Bony a free and take a £15m loss, but as no PL club will pay much for his 3 year record, we may just keep him. He's also still our best defenders at corners ! He must (surely?) have a relegation wage cut in his contract?

Jordan be gone as he has some value as will Mesa, Carrol and Clucas - even at £5m a head. Fer will need to prove his fitness.

We'll only be looking at Free transfers, so what's left are mid table Championship at best. If we are relegated WBA, Stoke are in much stronger position to bounce back and clubs like Derby, Fulham, Villa, Boro and Bristol all have stronger squads. We'll be competing with Leeds, Sheffield clubs, Forest, QPR and Millwall and dare I say Monk at Brum. At least some good away trips in there!
Squad next season... on 10:10 - May 9 with 4939 viewsherbie

Don't know about the squad but clearly we will lose Fabianski and Mawson and Ki. Probably lose Nordfelt too as he is international and won't want to be in the Championship-plus he doesn't convince me comanding his box anyway. Andre Ayew and Bony also probably go. Hopefully keep Jordan Ayew but suspect he will go too, but I will work on the basis he stays.

Time to bring through youngsters alongside players experienced in the Championship.

Starting 11 on the basis there are no new signings but clearly we need a left back, strong ball-winning centrakl midfielder and wingers:

Benda
Roberts Bartley VDH Olssen
J.Ayew King Fer James
Byers
Ollie

Might just have enough to stay up with that team and then push on the season after once the youngsters have more experience.
Squad next season... on 10:13 - May 9 with 4915 viewsCaptain_Sham

I just had a scary thought. Cookie is currently unemployed.

Its just a ride.

Squad next season... on 10:17 - May 9 with 4902 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Squad next season... on 09:35 - May 9 by omarjack

If you think the squad we'll be left with once the asset stripping has finished will be good enough to get us back up then we'll have to agree to disagree.
Out of those 4 you mention, we're realistically keeping VDH.
My initial point of re-investment still stands. Otherwise, we'll drop like a stone.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Squad next season... on 10:57 - May 9 with 4823 viewsjasper_T

Goalkeepers: Nordfeldt, Benda

Centre Halves: van der Hoorn, Bartley, Harries. Rodon
Full Backs: Naughton, Olsson, Roberts, Lewis

Midfield: Carroll, Fer, Clucas, Byers, Fulton, Evans

Forwards: Ayew, Ayew, McBurnie, Dyer, Narsingh, James

Two or three good signings and we'll be okay in the Championship. Just got to get hundreds of thousands in wages off the books first.
Squad next season... on 10:59 - May 9 with 4814 viewsomarjack

Squad next season... on 10:57 - May 9 by jasper_T

Goalkeepers: Nordfeldt, Benda

Centre Halves: van der Hoorn, Bartley, Harries. Rodon
Full Backs: Naughton, Olsson, Roberts, Lewis

Midfield: Carroll, Fer, Clucas, Byers, Fulton, Evans

Forwards: Ayew, Ayew, McBurnie, Dyer, Narsingh, James

Two or three good signings and we'll be okay in the Championship. Just got to get hundreds of thousands in wages off the books first.

you expect Andre to stay? wow that's ambitious.

Squad next season... on 11:01 - May 9 with 4803 views3swan

Squad next season... on 10:13 - May 9 by Captain_Sham

I just had a scary thought. Cookie is currently unemployed.

Things are bad enough without you having thoughts like that
Squad next season... on 11:04 - May 9 with 4787 viewsAngelRangelQS

Squad next season... on 10:59 - May 9 by omarjack

you expect Andre to stay? wow that's ambitious.

It's ambitious to think that anyone would take him off our hands for a price we're happy with and willing to pay his ridiculous wages.

My biggest fear is NOT being able to get rid of A.Ayew, Bony, etc
Squad next season... on 11:06 - May 9 with 4778 viewsjasper_T

Squad next season... on 11:04 - May 9 by AngelRangelQS

It's ambitious to think that anyone would take him off our hands for a price we're happy with and willing to pay his ridiculous wages.

Exactly.

His agent's a real wheeler dealer though, maybe he'll work some miracles.
Squad next season... on 11:06 - May 9 with 4777 viewsomarjack

Squad next season... on 11:04 - May 9 by AngelRangelQS

1st:probably has a relatively small relegation release clause. around 12-14 m
2nd:probably he'll go out on loan somewhere.
3rd:there is no 3rd..

Squad next season... on 11:20 - May 9 with 4735 viewsjasper_T

Nordfeldt
Roberts - vdH - Bartley - Olsson
Fer - Evans - Carroll
Dyer - McBurnie - Jordan

Subs: Benda, Harries, Naughton, Byers, Clucas, James, Andre

Squad: Rodon, Lewis, Fulton, Maric, Narsingh, Courtney Baker-Richardson.
Squad next season... on 11:24 - May 9 with 4715 viewsTreforys_Jack

Squad next season... on 08:55 - May 9 by magicdaps10

GK-NORDFELLT-MULDER
LB-OLSSON
CB-BARTLEY-VDH
CF-McBURNIE

Out will go

FABIANSKI-5M
FEDE-5M
MAWSON-20M
KI-FREE
RANGEL-FREE
AMAT-3/4M
MESA-6M
A.AYEW-10M
J.AYEW-10/12MBASTON-5M
MONTERO-3M
BONY-6M

Your last paragraph is spot on.
Squad next season... on 11:29 - May 9 with 4685 viewshobo

Mawson would cost much more than £20m. He's a young England international. Linked to two top teams last season. Would be more like 40m+
Squad next season... on 11:31 - May 9 with 4678 viewsomarjack

Squad next season... on 11:29 - May 9 by hobo

Mawson would cost much more than £20m. He's a young England international. Linked to two top teams last season. Would be more like 40m+

Not when we are relegated.

Squad next season... on 11:32 - May 9 with 4673 viewsLegend83

Squad next season... on 11:29 - May 9 by hobo

The joke will be on the club who gives us that ridiculous amount of money for him.

By far our worst CB this season.
Squad next season... on 11:33 - May 9 with 4669 viewsCaptain_Sham

Squad next season... on 11:31 - May 9 by omarjack

Not when we are relegated.

Newcastle got 30m for Moussa Sissoko when they went down.

Its just a ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024