Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our 27 Investors Will Want Money 11:10 - May 9 with 2407 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I've read a lot of posts talking about investment next season.

1. There has been no investment to date, we have made a positive return on transfers since the Yanks took over.
2. We have a weird mix of C list celebrities, hedge fund managers etc. who have invested for a financial gain.
3. The parachute payments and player sales get Levien and Kaplan off the hook with the 'investors'

Join the dots.
[Post edited 9 May 2018 11:13]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 11:21 - May 9 with 2344 viewsWingstandwood

Yep, the last things the merry hedge fund club are going to ask is stuff like "What are you going to do to address the goal scoring problem" and "Are you going to play with a sweeper system" etc, etc, etc...................

It'll be.... "Where are those f#cking Dollars you promised us you Goddamn punk, give them to us now or we'll bust your ass, you're gonna end up eating french fries and pretzels through a straw, you Goddamn son of a bitch!!!

Argus!

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 11:22 - May 9 with 2337 viewsMorfa_Same

The saving grace may be that the parachute payments are staggered over a few seasons, and I'm not sure our 'investors' will stick around that long. They may just take the first years payment and like locusts move on to their next feeding ground.
Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 12:16 - May 9 with 2204 viewsShaky

IF Swansea go down, the first year's parachute payment of around £50 million will probably just about cover the bank overdraft.

In addition a further £30-40 million will need to be found to cover operating debts due within the following year or so.

That amount will need to come from player sales.

Furthermore fairly substantial sums will ned to come from player sales to restructure the squad to gear for the Championship generally and to slash the wage bill.

This will be a delicate juggling act and require a fair bit of luck to pull off successfully.

Interesting times ahead.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 12:22 - May 9 with 2174 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 11:22 - May 9 by Morfa_Same

The saving grace may be that the parachute payments are staggered over a few seasons, and I'm not sure our 'investors' will stick around that long. They may just take the first years payment and like locusts move on to their next feeding ground.

According to FA rules they may find it difficult to just "take the parachute payments".
Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 12:26 - May 9 with 2142 viewsYossarian

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 12:16 - May 9 by Shaky

IF Swansea go down, the first year's parachute payment of around £50 million will probably just about cover the bank overdraft.

In addition a further £30-40 million will need to be found to cover operating debts due within the following year or so.

Furthermore fairly substantial sums will ned to come from player sales to restructure the squad to gear for the Championship generally and to slash the wage bill.

This will be a delicate juggling act and require a fair bit of luck to pull off successfully.

Interesting times ahead.

Interesting times? All I can see is a return to 2003 in double-quick time. I hope I’m wrong but the Yanks would have to find about 20 new players and someone to find them in the first place. Seriously, why haven’t the whole recruitment Dept been given their P45s this morning? They wouldn’t have lasted anything like as long if they’d been in the real world along with the rest of us.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 12:45 - May 9 with 2074 viewsShaky

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 12:26 - May 9 by Yossarian

Interesting times? All I can see is a return to 2003 in double-quick time. I hope I’m wrong but the Yanks would have to find about 20 new players and someone to find them in the first place. Seriously, why haven’t the whole recruitment Dept been given their P45s this morning? They wouldn’t have lasted anything like as long if they’d been in the real world along with the rest of us.

The good news is the club has already registered big accounting profits on Siggy and Llorente.

That means they can afford to take drastic action and offload expensive players like A Ayew and potentially Bony at big losses without becoming technically insolvent.

And if there's one thing a vulture investor like Steve Kaplan understands it is slashing costs and "restructuring". Assuming obviously he would continue to take an interest.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 12:50 - May 9 with 2052 viewslondonlisa2001

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 12:16 - May 9 by Shaky

Interesting times ahead.

The wage bill will be slashed automatically by relegation clauses.
Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 12:50 - May 9 with 2052 viewsYossarian

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 12:45 - May 9 by Shaky

The good news is the club has already registered big accounting profits on Siggy and Llorente.

That means they can afford to take drastic action and offload expensive players like A Ayew and potentially Bony at big losses without becoming technically insolvent.

And if there's one thing a vulture investor like Steve Kaplan understands it is slashing costs and "restructuring". Assuming obviously he would continue to take an interest.

And the trap door beckons....

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Login to get fewer ads

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 13:19 - May 9 with 1934 viewsjacabertawe

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 12:50 - May 9 by londonlisa2001

Let's hope so (if we go down), but weren't other clubs who were relegated caught still paying Premiership wages? I'm thinking QPR and Sunderland.
Do contracts have to be renegotiated?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 13:22 - May 9 with 1927 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 13:19 - May 9 by jacabertawe

Let's hope so (if we go down), but weren't other clubs who were relegated caught still paying Premiership wages? I'm thinking QPR and Sunderland.

Trust our Director of Football.

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 13:25 - May 9 with 1908 viewslondonlisa2001

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 13:19 - May 9 by jacabertawe

I'm sure many clubs don't have such clauses.

We, apparently, do.
Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 13:32 - May 9 with 1875 viewsmajorraglan

Let’s hope so.
Relegation clauses would no doubt trigger an exodus of players assuming their agents can find them clubs prepared to pay similar wages and a transfer fees can be agreed. I think te fair to say the better players would move on and the not so good players will stay because no one else will pay then enough.

A concern for me would be whether the club could recruit replacements of sufficient quality because based on previous performance i am not filled with confidence.

Levein and Kaplan have some big decisions to make. To my knowledge they have no experience of managing a club of this scale in a very competitive league with relegation which is why I suspect they have relied so heavily on HJ. If L and K were behind the Bradley appointment they may be even more reliant on HJ. That said, the playing side of the house has taken a turn for the worse and I would think Chris Pearlman is reporting back to the States so will HJ carry the can and disappear in to the sun set after his 2 year period expires? He still has a financial interest in the club though.

If I were Levein and Kaplan I would be pretty cheesed off. I would commission a review and if rumours are right that Erick Thorhir the ex owner of Inter Milan is a part of the consortium I would look to bring him on board or tap in to his contacts.
Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 13:39 - May 9 with 1838 viewsJacket

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 13:32 - May 9 by majorraglan

Let’s hope so.
Relegation clauses would no doubt trigger an exodus of players assuming their agents can find them clubs prepared to pay similar wages and a transfer fees can be agreed. I think te fair to say the better players would move on and the not so good players will stay because no one else will pay then enough.

A concern for me would be whether the club could recruit replacements of sufficient quality because based on previous performance i am not filled with confidence.

Levein and Kaplan have some big decisions to make. To my knowledge they have no experience of managing a club of this scale in a very competitive league with relegation which is why I suspect they have relied so heavily on HJ. If L and K were behind the Bradley appointment they may be even more reliant on HJ. That said, the playing side of the house has taken a turn for the worse and I would think Chris Pearlman is reporting back to the States so will HJ carry the can and disappear in to the sun set after his 2 year period expires? He still has a financial interest in the club though.

If I were Levein and Kaplan I would be pretty cheesed off. I would commission a review and if rumours are right that Erick Thorhir the ex owner of Inter Milan is a part of the consortium I would look to bring him on board or tap in to his contacts.

What worries me with the 27 investors is that for them the money they put forward individually is like loose change - 4-5 million odd each. They're thinking will be, we took a gamble with a small amount of money, we lost. They'll be able to move on to the next gamble without giving us a second thought.
Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 13:46 - May 9 with 1806 viewstheloneranger

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 12:22 - May 9 by A_Fans_Dad

According to FA rules they may find it difficult to just "take the parachute payments".

I think Blackpool supporters will disagree.

I know they've finally caught up with Oyston, but only after they've plummeted through the divisions.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 13:50 - May 9 with 1786 views34dfgdf54

I'm not sure the likes of Andre Ayew would have come here with a clause like that in his contract, unless you know something different.

He will need to go in the summer regardless of what type of derisory bid we get.
Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 14:05 - May 9 with 1716 viewscostalotta

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 13:50 - May 9 by 34dfgdf54

I'm not sure the likes of Andre Ayew would have come here with a clause like that in his contract, unless you know something different.

He will need to go in the summer regardless of what type of derisory bid we get.

No. He wouldn’t have come here thinking we’d be going down.
Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 14:07 - May 9 with 1705 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Or worse still Bony......

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 14:48 - May 9 with 1587 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

What would be a derisory bid for him?

'Give us £5M and we'll take him off your hands?'

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 15:17 - May 9 with 1514 viewsShaky

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 13:32 - May 9 by majorraglan

Let’s hope so.

The fact is that last year the club incurred cash costs of £125 million of which the lions share was wages. To adjust to conditions in the championship a root and branches overhaul of the squad is needed.

But even assuming all the luck in the world that bumps in to transactional constraints at the club. Furthermore, there has been no news I have seen on new deals for some of those players coming to the end of their contracts; no doubt this has been put on hold pending the outcome of the season.

Can they actually identify and complete do all these necessary deals? It's certainly going to interfere with Jenkins' holidays!

Misology -- It's a bitch

N/A. on 16:34 - May 9 with 1404 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 23:14]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 17:28 - May 9 with 1296 viewsmonmouth

N/A. on 16:34 - May 9 by Huw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 23:14]

Release clause? Who the f*ck in their right mind sould want him. I’ll bet we’ll be stuck with him and he’ll be loaned out back to France or Greece(?) with Gomis. Try and sell the hopeless flange to Cardiff is probably the best bet.

We need to hold out for top dollar for Fab, J Ayew and Mawson, as they are motd approved, and we have nothing else to sell.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 17:49 - May 9 with 1250 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Our 27 Investors Will Want Money on 17:28 - May 9 by monmouth

Release clause? Who the f*ck in their right mind sould want him. I’ll bet we’ll be stuck with him and he’ll be loaned out back to France or Greece(?) with Gomis. Try and sell the hopeless flange to Cardiff is probably the best bet.

We need to hold out for top dollar for Fab, J Ayew and Mawson, as they are motd approved, and we have nothing else to sell.

Can only agree, we have only three players worth buying. Such is the mismanagement of football affairs, you could not do any worse if you were trying to destroy a squad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024