Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The journey is over. 21:48 - May 9 with 9341 viewsleebracey

On a lighter note, what your favourite game from the last 12 years?.
For me, Bristol City 7-1.
The journey is over. on 05:28 - May 10 with 2681 viewsstAteSwan

Chelsea 2-0 in the League Cup. First time it hit me that we could be playing in Europe the next year.
The journey is over. on 06:30 - May 10 with 2647 viewsSTID2017

The fact that little old Swansea City produced sides particularly over the last seven years which could beat the likes of Arsenal (regularly), Liverpool, Man U, Man City and Chelsea is something we need to hold onto as we rebuild in the summer and hopefully get some pride on and off the pitch.
So many great games since the Hull game, but the WBA home game was sublime, and although I didn't see it, listening to us sweep QPR aside 5-0 and watching the highlights on MOTD was something to behold.
Best player ? Michu or Bony for me

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The journey is over. on 06:45 - May 10 with 2638 viewsjackal

The journey is over. on 21:51 - May 9 by trinityann

Fulham away in our orange shirts, sublime football.

Me too.

38 passes before scoring. Ripping Fulham to shreds.

Lucky to put 3 passes together now.

Arsenal away and QPR away also right up there.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 6:46]
The journey is over. on 07:34 - May 10 with 2599 viewsclloy2

The journey is over. on 06:45 - May 10 by jackal

Me too.

38 passes before scoring. Ripping Fulham to shreds.

Lucky to put 3 passes together now.

Arsenal away and QPR away also right up there.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 6:46]

WBA at home. What sublime football was witnessed that night. Why don't we give stoke the 3pts in advance of Sunday, so we don't have to witness another rancid display. Instead errect a few big screens on the pitch and 're show the whole of that WBA game to remind us of what we were once capable of, before the era of greed crept in , and footballing matters became secondary importance
The journey is over. on 07:40 - May 10 with 2590 viewsjackal

The journey is over. on 07:34 - May 10 by clloy2

WBA at home. What sublime football was witnessed that night. Why don't we give stoke the 3pts in advance of Sunday, so we don't have to witness another rancid display. Instead errect a few big screens on the pitch and 're show the whole of that WBA game to remind us of what we were once capable of, before the era of greed crept in , and footballing matters became secondary importance

Good idea.

And tie our current squad to chairs and force them to watch.
The journey is over. on 08:09 - May 10 with 2570 viewsleebracey

It doesn't have to be from the Premier league.
Bury away
Carlisle home 5-0
Cardiff cup game
The journey is over. on 08:17 - May 10 with 2565 viewsRancid

Valencia away.It's as good as it got in those 7 years.Performance was incredible and so was the 4 days out there.
The journey is over. on 08:30 - May 10 with 2534 viewsswans11

The journey is over. on 02:00 - May 10 by Drizzy

Most of the great games have already been mentioned but a couple of my lesser-known favourites:

Beating Chelsea 2-0 at the Bridge in the League Cup semi, two sublime finishes from Michu and spending the next 70 minutes defending for our lives. Top sh*thousery.

3-2 at Anfield last season was amazing too. More so because we weren't a good side but we played some fantastic football.

not sure which game you was at but the league cup semi-final I was at michu scored just before half time and Danny Graham scored In Injury time
Login to get fewer ads

The journey is over. on 10:55 - May 10 with 2490 viewsGreatBritton

The journey is over. on 22:28 - May 9 by karnataka

Valencia away for me. Everything was just perfect.

is the right answer
The journey is over. on 11:20 - May 10 with 2467 viewsMrSwerve

Enjoyed Sunderland away last year. I'd accepted that we were probably down a month or so prior, so winning up there was brilliant. A real party atmosphere and brilliant away support with the free tickets and food and drink. Then watching the Hull game on the way home, confirming our survival. Great weekend that was.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The journey is over. on 22:14 - May 10 with 2381 viewsYossarian

1. Playoff Final
2. Valencia at the Mestalla
3. Playoff Semi home leg
4. Bradford Final
5. QPR 1-5 Swansea City
6. Draw away at Portsmouth when we got our season back on track and ended it at Wembley

Getting choked even thinking about it all. Morgan, Jenkxins, Dineen, JvZ how the feck can you sleep at night? You are detested.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The journey is over. on 20:11 - May 11 with 2325 viewsTNT

Beating Chelsea away and Liverpool away before going on to win The League Cup Final wasn't bad tbf.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The journey is over. on 20:19 - May 11 with 2303 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It would have to be a game from early on, under either Rodgers or Laudrup, back when we would play any side in the league and actually compete, create chances through patient build up play and score some goals you'd expect to only see teams like Barcelona score.

Leroy Lita's goal away at Blackburn was the greatest goal I have ever seen our team score and I highly doubt it will ever be beaten. We dragged most of their defence and midfield over the pitch, our midfield's movement off the ball ensured we had options to pass to constantly and it eventually lead to us finding a colossal amount of space in behind, followed by a lovely cross to Leroy Lita who found himself free due to the outstanding, patient build up play dragging their right back and centre back all over the place.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The journey is over. on 20:58 - May 11 with 2257 viewsbarry_island

Bury away, fantastic atmosphere.

Losing at Oldham, despite deserving to win about 7-2. One of their fans said to me after the game on the way back to the station that if they came one place below us ar the end of the season they would come second.

4-1 v Preston at home, superb Bauza goal after about 30 passes. It also turned out that the single Preston goal kept C.diff out of the playoffs.

That West Brom game.

Finally beating Everton 3-0, in the League Cup

Reading and Bradford at Wembley.

Beating Man Utd first game of the season in 2015. Me and about 50 Utd fans in a bar in Rhodes. I apologised for the noise when I left.

Just smile

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The journey is over. on 21:02 - May 11 with 2246 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The journey is over. on 20:19 - May 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It would have to be a game from early on, under either Rodgers or Laudrup, back when we would play any side in the league and actually compete, create chances through patient build up play and score some goals you'd expect to only see teams like Barcelona score.

Leroy Lita's goal away at Blackburn was the greatest goal I have ever seen our team score and I highly doubt it will ever be beaten. We dragged most of their defence and midfield over the pitch, our midfield's movement off the ball ensured we had options to pass to constantly and it eventually lead to us finding a colossal amount of space in behind, followed by a lovely cross to Leroy Lita who found himself free due to the outstanding, patient build up play dragging their right back and centre back all over the place.

Lack of movement is a characteristic of our current team Dwight.

On Tuesday it was painful to watch both our attackers and defenders playing statues when balls were played into the box. Contrast with Charlie Austin who, whenever they had possession, was always on the move looking for space. Deep into injury time we had a throw in level with the 18 yard box and none of them were moving for the thrower who got grief from the crowd and lobbed it in the general direction of one of our players. Southampton came away with it again and we were screwed.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The journey is over. on 21:04 - May 11 with 2239 viewsshenleymun

Ah, the Leroy Lita goal. Started with Vorm, and every player touched the ball in a 22 pass move. I was so delighted I had a T shirt made using the graphic off some statto website. I shall dig it out and wear it Sunday.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 21:04]
The journey is over. on 21:06 - May 11 with 2231 viewsLeonWasGod

For me, surviving by a goal difference of 1 come ten to 5 on Sunday
The journey is over. on 21:07 - May 11 with 2224 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The journey is over. on 21:02 - May 11 by Joe_bradshaw

Lack of movement is a characteristic of our current team Dwight.

On Tuesday it was painful to watch both our attackers and defenders playing statues when balls were played into the box. Contrast with Charlie Austin who, whenever they had possession, was always on the move looking for space. Deep into injury time we had a throw in level with the 18 yard box and none of them were moving for the thrower who got grief from the crowd and lobbed it in the general direction of one of our players. Southampton came away with it again and we were screwed.

I remember that throw, it was right in front of me. I believe instead of actually trying to find some space to get the ball and whip one last cross in, Clucas the coward went over and demanded he take the throw. He proceeded to throw it straight to a Southampton player.

I posted very early on in the season he had a habit of hiding behind opposition players as if he didn't want the ball unless he had acres of space, and not to my surprise I was absolutely right.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The journey is over. on 21:10 - May 11 with 2211 viewsLeonWasGod

The journey is over. on 00:32 - May 10 by Joe_bradshaw

Arsenal 0 Michu 2

The second leg of the League cup semi final against the European Champions - incredible tension knowing that Bradford were awaiting the winner.

Winning at Old Trafford in the first game of Van Gaal’s tenure.

Just watching our players pass and move and pass and move until we passed the opposition to death.

So many more priceless memories.

Most other Arsenal away games stick in the mind, even the first one on a lovely sunny afternoon when we were unlucky to lose 1-0 due to a Vorm error.

Leon's last gasp equaliser. The night Bafe nodded in 10 minutes from the end was a good one - it was bouncing. Fabianski was a colossus that night. If only we could play them every week!
The journey is over. on 21:25 - May 11 with 2188 viewsCaptain_Sham

The journey is not fking over. Its over when no longer have a team to go and watch . Christ on a fking bike.

Its just a ride.

The journey is over. on 22:48 - May 11 with 2136 viewsKingBony

The journey is over. on 21:07 - May 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I remember that throw, it was right in front of me. I believe instead of actually trying to find some space to get the ball and whip one last cross in, Clucas the coward went over and demanded he take the throw. He proceeded to throw it straight to a Southampton player.

I posted very early on in the season he had a habit of hiding behind opposition players as if he didn't want the ball unless he had acres of space, and not to my surprise I was absolutely right.

Couldn’t have put it better Dwight. Spot on about Clueless

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

The journey is over. on 22:57 - May 11 with 2128 viewsjacksfullaces

Ipswich home, Scotland x 2 and Gomez, my sons first game. he has been a lucky boy to date.

play off final obvs.

league cup final, my son, me and my dad

liverpool last year was just the best, already thought the dream was dying at that point, and was a real moment to savour.
The journey is over. on 23:24 - May 11 with 2106 viewsPacemaker

In the last 12 years it would be us against MK Dons I think when the lunatic from Chelsea Leon Knight turned up like a whirlwind of energy scoring goals and getting all edgy when he heard the east shout YJB and he thought it was a racist chant and wanted to fight everyone.

A midweek game against Crewe under Martinez two good footballing sides in league 1 playing excellent passing football. Leeds at home when we gave them what for and they later bought Andy Robinson off us on the basis of that game.

Norwich at home in Champioship when Mark Gower scored a double for the first time since joining us even shocking himself. Forest playoff game for tension.

WBA 3-1 at ht Lukaku scoring at about 46 minutes after Pablo had played a blinder and quite possibly one of the finest displays of wing play ever at the Liberty. Fulham away around Christmas 2012 when we didn't give them the ball.

QPR away when I had seen us lose some many times and humiliated at the end of the previous season and Laudrup started his revolution with players that most of us had never heard of.

All the Europa games, and I could go on and on we have been blessed n the last 12 years.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

The journey is over. on 10:26 - May 12 with 2001 viewswestwalesed

The journey is over. on 21:56 - May 9 by Mathh_SCFC

THAT first half against West Brom. Unplayable.

Wasn't that the one where we didn't have a striker so we moved Michu from AM to playing up top?

We were stunning that night.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

The journey is over. on 12:23 - May 12 with 1942 viewsWanderer

Pablo goal against Chelsea, Wilf holding the ball off the Cardiff centre half whilst being pushed with both hands!
And the one outstanding game Montereo had against Arsenal, that fullback was spinning all game, could'nt get near him
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024