Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Way Forward? 08:07 - May 10 with 2091 viewsYossarian

1. Jenkins’s resignation as DOF with immediate effect and the Trust to be co-opted by the owners to work with them to oversee the transition
2. Carlos, his staff and all the Recruitment people P45’s today
3.Curt and Leon take the team for the last game in the PL
4. John Toshack appointed DOF to become a member of the Board, oversee the Academy, player recruitment and development and to mentor a young ambitious British Manager
5. Alternative choices as DOF- Glen Hoddle, Graham Jones, Brian Flynn,
6. DOF to draw up shortlist of young, ambitious British candidates for the Manager job- suggested possibles- Craig Bellamy, Frank Lampard, Gary Neville and Paul Scholes duo
7. The Board in association with the Trust to conduct a PUBLIC review to understand the causes of our relegation and publish a strategy for the regeneration of the football club and an objective to return to the PL within three years.
8. Appointment of a new Recruitment team by the DOF to prioritise assembling a squad able to effectively compete in the Championship.
Obviously, this is far from perfect and only initial thoughts for the way forward, but it’s good therapy and anger management. Hopefully it will be seen as a positive addition to a public conversation that is sure to run and run.
STID.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The Way Forward? on 08:20 - May 10 with 2044 viewsHeadmaster

Glenn Hoddle? The bloke who produced Sam Clucas? No thanks.
The Way Forward? on 09:26 - May 10 with 1948 viewsawayjack

All decent suggestions aside from list in 5 and 7 won't happen with people on Board and Trust.
The Way Forward? on 09:30 - May 10 with 1929 viewsgadgetuk

Personally I would seriously consider promoting Cameron Toshack to First team manager and seriously review the under 23's to see who we could bring through. At least with the U23's we know the "Swansea Way" is still there, and if we want to get our DNA back we should look to that part of the club for inspiration.

I agree with most other points btw.
The Way Forward? on 09:32 - May 10 with 1920 viewsSTID2017

The Way Forward? on 09:30 - May 10 by gadgetuk

Personally I would seriously consider promoting Cameron Toshack to First team manager and seriously review the under 23's to see who we could bring through. At least with the U23's we know the "Swansea Way" is still there, and if we want to get our DNA back we should look to that part of the club for inspiration.

I agree with most other points btw.

Could do worse in the Championship (assuming the 10 goal swing doesn't happen)
I also agree in principle with the points above

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Way Forward? on 13:00 - May 10 with 1784 viewsYossarian

In view of today’s speculation instigated by Tutumlu, I would also add Laudrup to the list - possibly as DOF. I have read today that he was the choice to replace Clement and that Tutumlu has tweeted today that he’s going to be in Swansea soon. If this is actually true, then it certainly undermines the stories about HJ and ML animosity as Tutumlu is pointing the finger firmly in the direction of Martin Morgan. The last approach (apparently) makes some sense in this context.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The Way Forward? on 13:03 - May 10 with 1769 viewsLoyal

The Way Forward? on 08:20 - May 10 by Headmaster

It takes a lot of coaching to turn a failed player in to a failed player.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Way Forward? on 13:04 - May 10 with 1764 viewsLeonWasGod

The Way Forward? on 08:20 - May 10 by Headmaster

We all dream of a team of Sam Clucas, a team of Sam Clucas

Er, maybe not.
The Way Forward? on 13:09 - May 10 with 1740 viewsYossarian

The Way Forward? on 13:03 - May 10 by Loyal

It takes a lot of coaching to turn a failed player in to a failed player.

Yes, that’s amusing, but I wonder if we discount him for the momentous decision to allow Clucas to attend his soccer school or is it because of his crazy comments about disabled people? If it’s the latter, I can understand that. If we overlook him because of Clucas, then he got him a pro-deal so it was a success on his part. Someone still in a position of responsibility at our club actually thought he was good enough to pay £17 million for...but that’s another story.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024