Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take Tammy on loan again? 08:50 - May 10 with 11320 viewsomarjack

If it's possible?
He was superb with Bristol. scoring +20 goals or so..and we assume he's grown as player since then.

It's just..he's kind of a Dwight Gayle or Vydra..Superb EFL player..sh!t PL one.

so what do you think?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 08:55 - May 10 with 3810 viewssP7qupUf

Would he want to be here?
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 08:57 - May 10 with 3795 viewsWarwickHunt

Play to his strengths and he’ll score a bucket load. A lone, hold up striker he sure ain’t though.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 08:59 - May 10 with 3775 viewsE20Jack

Of course.

although he will be taken by another Premier League club I would have thought. He finished as the clubs tops scorer and barely started half the games.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:00 - May 10 with 3777 viewsBloodyhills

Tammy did well enough at Bristol City so he's shown he can do a decent enough job in the championship.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:01 - May 10 with 3773 viewslifelong

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 08:57 - May 10 by WarwickHunt

Play to his strengths and he’ll score a bucket load. A lone, hold up striker he sure ain’t though.

We just didn’t have the players capable of creating the chances for him.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:02 - May 10 with 3759 viewsPhil_S

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 08:57 - May 10 by WarwickHunt

Spot on. And had we had anyone fit to play to his strengths this season we would have seen a much better player.

Trying to play him in the lone hold up role was pitiful but that was the hand that we dealt
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:03 - May 10 with 3744 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:02 - May 10 by Phil_S

Spot on. And had we had anyone fit to play to his strengths this season we would have seen a much better player.

Trying to play him in the lone hold up role was pitiful but that was the hand that we dealt

Careful, you will be accused of trolling having opinions like that.

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:04 - May 10 with 3739 viewsmonmouth

He's an England international and a media favourite on a massive wedge. No way is he going back to the Chumpionshit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:05 - May 10 with 3733 viewsThornburyswan

No - we need fresh faces/attitude from the board downwards, your point is valid but not for me.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:09 - May 10 with 3716 viewsA_Fans_Dad

As I haven't seen his Championship goals, only thr prem ones, can you remind us again what his strengths are?
He is not good at heading in goals.
He doesn't create his own goals.
He seems to be a player that needs the ball on a plate to put it in the back of the net.
Perhaps we should buy Bristol's mid field to ensure he can do it for us.
Ollie almost matched his goal scoring rate playing for a bottom three side.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:23 - May 10 with 3649 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Within minutes of coming on against Southampton he managed to create one shooting chance for himself and then shortly after created a half chance from a high ball. And those aren't even his strengths.

If you watch that highlight video at Bristol City, nearly all the goals were from getting the ball to his feet in the box. With our midfielders, the only way our strikers get the ball is via high balls as the midfield lacked the ability to avoid opponents high press, resulting in our defenders having to hoof it down the channels every time they came under pressure.

I pointed out how Clucas and Carroll would constantly find themselves behind opposition players and unable to receive a pass very early on in the season and was ridiculed for it as usual.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:26 - May 10 with 3629 viewsjack247

In the Championship with a strike partner, absolutely.

If we are going to be playing 451 or any formation that requires him to stand his ground against physical centre backs, then of course not. You essentially have to sacrifice a midfielder to give him help up front.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:30 - May 10 with 3616 viewsBobbyBacala

Agree with what you say, but my response would be that I can't think of any strikers in the Premier League who have Abraham's skill-set who have thrived in the Premier League, at least in the past 2/3 years. People will say Defoe, but his hold-up play is a lot better than most give him credit for and streets above Abraham's.

The only one is Hernandez at West Ham and he can't even get in their team.

Abraham probably will get better but I was never a fan of developing another club's player, especially when he is so limited in what he could - and did - offer.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:31 - May 10 with 3610 viewsswan65split

Hes young, and hungry, theres a good player in there, but not with us, our style.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:31 - May 10 with 3605 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:30 - May 10 by BobbyBacala

Agree with what you say, but my response would be that I can't think of any strikers in the Premier League who have Abraham's skill-set who have thrived in the Premier League, at least in the past 2/3 years. People will say Defoe, but his hold-up play is a lot better than most give him credit for and streets above Abraham's.

The only one is Hernandez at West Ham and he can't even get in their team.

Abraham probably will get better but I was never a fan of developing another club's player, especially when he is so limited in what he could - and did - offer.

Adebayor

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:33 - May 10 with 3597 viewsMrSwerve

Doubt he’d drop down to the championship again. Will probably go on loan or be signed by one of the promoted clubs.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:49 - May 10 with 3545 viewsDr_Winston

The only player we've had who has shone upfront for us since 2014 is Bony, and that's because he was strong enough to play the role on his own with little support.

Glad people are starting to realise that maybe it's not the strikers to blame. Watching us lob aimless ball after aimless ball to the Ayews on Tuesday should be concrete proof enough.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:50 - May 10 with 3540 viewspencoedjack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:33 - May 10 by MrSwerve

Doubt he’d drop down to the championship again. Will probably go on loan or be signed by one of the promoted clubs.

If McBurnie had a full season in the championship he probably would of scored as many goals as the media darling did at Bristol City.

A big no from me overrated young Englishman .... I’d rather our loans being taken up by a decent midfielder capable of creating chances for Oli
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:51 - May 10 with 3524 viewsBobbyBacala

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:31 - May 10 by E20Jack

Adebayor

Don't see it at all, sorry. Adebayor could hold the ball up, lay it through to on-rushing players and was much stronger in the air.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:53 - May 10 with 3516 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

He's a bit like Bambi

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:53 - May 10 with 3516 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:49 - May 10 by Dr_Winston

The only player we've had who has shone upfront for us since 2014 is Bony, and that's because he was strong enough to play the role on his own with little support.

Glad people are starting to realise that maybe it's not the strikers to blame. Watching us lob aimless ball after aimless ball to the Ayews on Tuesday should be concrete proof enough.

Near enough every team has a striker strong enough to compete with centre backs. Those that don’t, don’t play with a lone front man.

We paid mega bucks for one of the weakest strikers I can remember in Baston then followed it up with Tammy. Both probably good players in the right system. We shouldn’t have signed either of them.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:54 - May 10 with 3511 viewsSmellyplumz

No I wouldn't. Wipe the slate clean and start with a brand new team.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 10:02 - May 10 with 3482 viewsLeonWasGod

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 08:59 - May 10 by E20Jack

Of course.

although he will be taken by another Premier League club I would have thought. He finished as the clubs tops scorer and barely started half the games.

Leroy scored more last season and Alfie only one less (in the PL). When we're talking with such low numbers, banding around phrases like 'top scorer' is largely meaningless, especially when he wasn't.

But anyway, he has the talent. He's a tidy, technical player and has pleny of time to learn the dark arts of leading the line. Would I want him in the Championship, absolutely. In the PL again with this same/similar set-up. Absolutely not.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 10:11 - May 10 with 3426 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 10:02 - May 10 by LeonWasGod

Leroy scored more last season and Alfie only one less (in the PL). When we're talking with such low numbers, banding around phrases like 'top scorer' is largely meaningless, especially when he wasn't.

But anyway, he has the talent. He's a tidy, technical player and has pleny of time to learn the dark arts of leading the line. Would I want him in the Championship, absolutely. In the PL again with this same/similar set-up. Absolutely not.

It is not meaningless in the slightest. It is relative to how much the team is creating, which is relatively little. He outscored £20m players. And yes he was our top scorer.

Bizarre contribution

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 10:13 - May 10 with 3401 viewsPhil_S

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:50 - May 10 by pencoedjack

If McBurnie had a full season in the championship he probably would of scored as many goals as the media darling did at Bristol City.

A big no from me overrated young Englishman .... I’d rather our loans being taken up by a decent midfielder capable of creating chances for Oli

I agree totally with this bit - Tammy is a good striker but Oli has proved the same in the CHampionship

However, it becomes an irrelevance until we get a team together that can actually create chances

I think the stat is that we have on average three shots on target per game this season, there is a reason for that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024