Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take Tammy on loan again? 08:50 - May 10 with 11324 viewsomarjack

If it's possible?
He was superb with Bristol. scoring +20 goals or so..and we assume he's grown as player since then.

It's just..he's kind of a Dwight Gayle or Vydra..Superb EFL player..sh!t PL one.

so what do you think?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 10:18 - May 10 with 1337 viewsHighjack

Big smile on his face when Southampton scored.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 10:24 - May 10 with 1322 viewsKerouac

In short. Yes.

Not his fault, he is talented.

We have got to get the team playing good football to create the chances.
That problem has been obvious for 3 fecking years.

Midfield is the biggest problem but it is no 1 area in isolation.

The defenders and the keeper need to learn to pass it instead of lumping it again (the midfield need to make themselves available for the pass though!).

The full backs need to get forward and combine with the midfield and sometimes do the unexpected (as Rangel used to) instead of working it into a position just outside the box and putting in another shite cross for their centre-halves to gobble up.

The wide players need to cut inside, run beyond the striker sometimes and learn to be brave enough to play a through ball...also, just fecking shoot on target occsionally instead of fannying around with it.

The strikers need to realise that their main job is to make themselves available and link up the play.
They can only score goals if the team is functioning and they can't beat the whole fecking defence on their own.

...but the midfield is too static, too timid (both in the tackle and on the ball), take too many touches and too slow (both in thought and deed).

Tammy Abraham scores goals in a functioning team IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 10:25 - May 10 with 1322 viewsjasper_T

Can't afford him.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 10:43 - May 10 with 1294 viewsLeonWasGod

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 10:11 - May 10 by E20Jack

It is not meaningless in the slightest. It is relative to how much the team is creating, which is relatively little. He outscored £20m players. And yes he was our top scorer.

Bizarre contribution

I though Ayew was top scorer both in the League and overall, so I've got that wrong if not.

Tammy's been fine, but obviously has a lot of learning to do at this level. Especially in the loan front man role. It's not been easy for him in front of that shambolic midfield and he's done well considering. I'd certainly have him again next year, but don't think that's the priority (not if we keep McBurnie) and I very much doubt he'd come/we could afford him either.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 10:47 - May 10 with 1287 viewsGeoffThom

No spends to much time on his arse and fought Chelsea would let him we have a good young champ striker in Oliver give him a go
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:10 - May 10 with 1249 viewsJackFish

Tammy’s scored 5 PL goals and another 3 in the cups. Ayew has 7 + 4 so not sure how Tammy’s our top scorer.

Obviously not all his fault but he’s been very disappointing, looks like he might be okay in a team that creates a ton of chances but blatantly can’t play up front on his own. Not sure what he really contributes outside the six yard box.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:12 - May 10 with 1241 viewslondonlisa2001

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:53 - May 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

He's a bit like Bambi

A little dear for us?
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:15 - May 10 with 1234 viewslondonlisa2001

It is not meaningless in the slightest. It is relative to how much the team is creating, which is relatively little. He outscored £20m players. And yes he was our top scorer.

Bizarre contribution

He wasn't our top scorer, either overall or in the league.

I think he's a good player in the right system - would ironically do better at one of the top teams who create a lot of chances in the box. Not good for us overall for the money I don't think. We'd have been better saving his wages and keeping Baston at the club plus someone else for the money saved.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:18 - May 10 with 1231 viewsmagicdaps10

Badly used here but there have been so many badly used in the last 2 years.

Wont come back but will probably go to Newcastle or Celtic. Wont drop down to the champ.

I tell you what, dont think he will be back but Mesa could be a real asset next season.....think a season in the champ will see the best of him.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:19 - May 10 with 1227 viewsmajorraglan

Yes, but i think it’s very unlikely to happen as he will want PL wages. He is a good prospect and in the right team will score goals, but he is not cut out to play the role of the loan striker.
The whole team have struggled this year and scoring opportunities have been few and far between. The lack of striking options has ultimately cost the team and once Bony was out for the last 3months the writing was on the wall.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 11:20]
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:20 - May 10 with 1222 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:15 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

I think he's a good player in the right system - would ironically do better at one of the top teams who create a lot of chances in the box. Not good for us overall for the money I don't think. We'd have been better saving his wages and keeping Baston at the club plus someone else for the money saved.

He is a good player in the Penalty area with slower Defenders, but like many others who have failed in the Prem it is a big step up.
With his talents he should get there in a year or so, but not if he goes back to playing in the championship, unless he has special coaching.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:20 - May 10 with 1222 views34dfgdf54

Definitely in the Championship. But never going to happen.

I think Ollie will have a big year next year.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:22 - May 10 with 1217 viewspencoedjack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 10:13 - May 10 by Phil_S

I agree totally with this bit - Tammy is a good striker but Oli has proved the same in the CHampionship

However, it becomes an irrelevance until we get a team together that can actually create chances

I think the stat is that we have on average three shots on target per game this season, there is a reason for that

If we can’t get a team together better than relegated Barnsley Phil we are deep in the brown stuff.

Personally I’d give McBurnie his chance & buy some decent midfielders/ wide players with the funds from Fab Alf Fede & the Ayews
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:29 - May 10 with 1195 viewsDippy

Attempts to do stupid sh*t.. like ducks his head to flick it on, but it rebounds off his neck.. attempts to flick the ball past 3 players who are on his a*se.. attempts to do something when his backs to goal, but somehow ends up on his a*se..

You can hear the groans and faces saying "what the f*ck is he doing"

But if we had someone like Gylfi.. he's the type to get on the end of good balls.. it's just we're sh*the, hence why we're doomed to the abyss.

Poll: Cooper Out

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:30 - May 10 with 1201 viewsmagicdaps10

Mcburnie has an excellent record in the champ, 17 games and 9 goals....a injury free season and he could hit 20 goals plus.

BUT

As said, our lack of creativity is glaringly obvious and going down to the champ that will still have to be addressed. We will still need that creative player, a winger who has an end product and a striker to push Oli..........Jack Marriott anyone?!

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:30 - May 10 with 1201 viewsjasper_T

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:22 - May 10 by pencoedjack

If we can’t get a team together better than relegated Barnsley Phil we are deep in the brown stuff.

Personally I’d give McBurnie his chance & buy some decent midfielders/ wide players with the funds from Fab Alf Fede & the Ayews

McBurnie worked well with Byers and James in the u23s. Give em a chance.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:35 - May 10 with 1194 viewsmagicdaps10

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:30 - May 10 by jasper_T

McBurnie worked well with Byers and James in the u23s. Give em a chance.

Think Byers and James will be involved more with the first team but to go into the season as main starting players is asking for trouble.

One good thing out of this relegation is that some u23 players who had no chance getting into the team in prem, actually now have a chance to make a claim in the first team during the season.
Some will not be up to it but I will be disappointed if the people in charge of them don't know who has the talent to push on.

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:36 - May 10 with 1193 viewsBobbyBacala

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:15 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

I think E20 is including vital goals in big games against Richmond Kickers, Birmingham and Sampdoria that gave us a springboard for this season's success.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:38 - May 10 with 1186 viewsWarwickHunt

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:30 - May 10 by magicdaps10

Mcburnie has an excellent record in the champ, 17 games and 9 goals....a injury free season and he could hit 20 goals plus.

BUT

As said, our lack of creativity is glaringly obvious and going down to the champ that will still have to be addressed. We will still need that creative player, a winger who has an end product and a striker to push Oli..........Jack Marriott anyone?!

Only if he recovers from that nasty virus.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:44 - May 10 with 1171 viewsomarjack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:30 - May 10 by magicdaps10

BUT

Aaaaand..League One/wrong end of Championship players links just began..kill me now this is degrading.

edit:lol I just realized it's always been like this..Clucas and Olsson anyone?
[Post edited 10 May 2018 11:45]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:57 - May 10 with 1148 viewsjack247

Bizarre contribution

To be fair, an injured Bony aside, he was our only real striker.

I’d absolutely expect him to be our top scorer and to be starting most games with that little competition.

However you want to dress it up and however well he may do in the future, he’s been a let down. Not the only one by any means, but a big let down.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 12:44 - May 10 with 1120 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:57 - May 10 by jack247

To be fair, an injured Bony aside, he was our only real striker.

I’d absolutely expect him to be our top scorer and to be starting most games with that little competition.

However you want to dress it up and however well he may do in the future, he’s been a let down. Not the only one by any means, but a big let down.

HE has started half our games. It is not dressing it up to say he has the best goals per minute on the pitch rate in our squad, or certainly did last time I checked a few weeks back.

The squad doesn’t create anything, it’s hard to score a load when you don’t get service, even harder when you aren’t on the pitch. He has done as can be expected in this side, anyone expecting more really did not grasp the task we faced.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 12:47 - May 10 with 1116 viewspencoedjack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 12:44 - May 10 by E20Jack

HE has started half our games. It is not dressing it up to say he has the best goals per minute on the pitch rate in our squad, or certainly did last time I checked a few weeks back.

The squad doesn’t create anything, it’s hard to score a load when you don’t get service, even harder when you aren’t on the pitch. He has done as can be expected in this side, anyone expecting more really did not grasp the task we faced.

I don’t know what’s worse reading Basseys posts or yours

Bore off ffs
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 12:53 - May 10 with 1107 viewsLoyal

Fck Tammy, not even his real name, as guilty as everyone else.fcking useless.
Andy Mac was better.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:08 - May 10 with 1091 viewsLeonWasGod

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:12 - May 10 by londonlisa2001

A little dear for us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024