Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take Tammy on loan again? 08:50 - May 10 with 11347 viewsomarjack

If it's possible?
He was superb with Bristol. scoring +20 goals or so..and we assume he's grown as player since then.

It's just..he's kind of a Dwight Gayle or Vydra..Superb EFL player..sh!t PL one.

so what do you think?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:13 - May 10 with 1207 viewsLeonWasGod

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:20 - May 10 by A_Fans_Dad

He is a good player in the Penalty area with slower Defenders, but like many others who have failed in the Prem it is a big step up.
With his talents he should get there in a year or so, but not if he goes back to playing in the championship, unless he has special coaching.

He's got a bit of a turn of speed and quick feet when he gets it right too. His time reminds me of Befe's here. There's a good player in there somewhere, but unsuited to us. Bafe's scored for fun before and after us, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Tammy score plenty for someone next season too. Unless he's another classic case of youngster who just falls away (don't think he will - he's got ability and effort).
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:15 - May 10 with 1206 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 12:44 - May 10 by E20Jack

HE has started half our games. It is not dressing it up to say he has the best goals per minute on the pitch rate in our squad, or certainly did last time I checked a few weeks back.

The squad doesn’t create anything, it’s hard to score a load when you don’t get service, even harder when you aren’t on the pitch. He has done as can be expected in this side, anyone expecting more really did not grasp the task we faced.

He’s started half our games because he wasn’t deemed good enough to start any more, despite being the only available striker for most of the season.

Again, as the only striker, you would quite reasonably expect him to be top scorer (which he didn’t manage), have the best goals to minutes ratio and get picked most weeks. Scoring more than Dyer, Andre and Mawson isn’t much to brag about.

Let’s just be honest here, you backed him at the start of the season and would rather a 15 page trivial discussion than admit he failed here. I thought he was going to be class too, I got it wrong.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:16 - May 10 with 1193 viewsswanforthemoney

Id have him if offered. You need to team him with an experienced '10' to get the best out of him.

I stand in the North Stand

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:18 - May 10 with 1182 views34dfgdf54

He spent most of his time back in London at his barbers shop getting the mop chopped.

He was and is absolutely sh*t and is everything wrong with modern footballers.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:22 - May 10 with 1176 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:15 - May 10 by jack247

He’s started half our games because he wasn’t deemed good enough to start any more, despite being the only available striker for most of the season.

Again, as the only striker, you would quite reasonably expect him to be top scorer (which he didn’t manage), have the best goals to minutes ratio and get picked most weeks. Scoring more than Dyer, Andre and Mawson isn’t much to brag about.

Let’s just be honest here, you backed him at the start of the season and would rather a 15 page trivial discussion than admit he failed here. I thought he was going to be class too, I got it wrong.

Because he doesn’t suit the lone striker role not that he was not deemed good enough. That much is obvious.

You can keep repeating he was our only striker but the fact is he wasn’t suited to the lone striker role. What we can say however is that he produced the most goals per minute on the pitch than anyone else in the side when he did play.

Nobody is bragging about anything, just stating facts. He, along with the superb Ayew are our most potent goal scoring threats. We did not have the personnel and squad depth to adopt a style where we played to Tammy’s strengths and his game time suffered.

Why would I admit he failed when I don’t think he did? Just to make you feel better? If you expected him to do more then you are deluded. Our best player by some distance was Jordan Ayew who was quality most weeks - yet in this side and starting nearly every game, he only mustered a few goals more.

He can only do what he is allowed to do. And with what he was allowed to do, he did just as I expected he would. Add up how minutes to goals, expand that to as if he would have played the whole season and you get around 15 goals. More than a good return in this side. I think it is a trivial debate to suggest the opposite.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 13:24]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:25 - May 10 with 1169 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:18 - May 10 by 34dfgdf54

He spent most of his time back in London at his barbers shop getting the mop chopped.

He was and is absolutely sh*t and is everything wrong with modern footballers.

Stop being so silly.

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:30 - May 10 with 1161 viewsicecoldjack

So when we signed him i questioned the fact we were signing a prospect, and that it was a risk, well it seems that view was accurate . Tammy will have a decent career but for us to be taking prospects when we already know our season ahead will probably be a relegation battle is questionable .

We replaced Llorente with Tammy .

I don't think Tammy will want to play in the championship next season, my guess is he goes back to Chelsea and takes a loan to a newbie promoted team in January .
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:32 - May 10 with 1160 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:22 - May 10 by E20Jack

Because he doesn’t suit the lone striker role not that he was not deemed good enough. That much is obvious.

You can keep repeating he was our only striker but the fact is he wasn’t suited to the lone striker role. What we can say however is that he produced the most goals per minute on the pitch than anyone else in the side when he did play.

Nobody is bragging about anything, just stating facts. He, along with the superb Ayew are our most potent goal scoring threats. We did not have the personnel and squad depth to adopt a style where we played to Tammy’s strengths and his game time suffered.

Why would I admit he failed when I don’t think he did? Just to make you feel better? If you expected him to do more then you are deluded. Our best player by some distance was Jordan Ayew who was quality most weeks - yet in this side and starting nearly every game, he only mustered a few goals more.

He can only do what he is allowed to do. And with what he was allowed to do, he did just as I expected he would. Add up how minutes to goals, expand that to as if he would have played the whole season and you get around 15 goals. More than a good return in this side. I think it is a trivial debate to suggest the opposite.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 13:24]

I’m not going to go round in circles with you on this one.

If he did what you expected him to do and you don’t think he failed, we are just going to have to leave it at that.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:33 - May 10 with 1153 viewsRancid

He wouldn't want to come here again and will end up at Huddersfield or Cardiff
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:43 - May 10 with 1124 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:32 - May 10 by jack247

I’m not going to go round in circles with you on this one.

If he did what you expected him to do and you don’t think he failed, we are just going to have to leave it at that.

Well then there we go. The notion of someone failing when they are not being played due to the role not suiting their skill set is bizarre.

Not to mention the fact that when they did they produced the most frequent goals than any one else on the side.

If you genuinely think that means he failed then I am not sure where else this discussion can go.

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:47 - May 10 with 1123 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:43 - May 10 by E20Jack

Well then there we go. The notion of someone failing when they are not being played due to the role not suiting their skill set is bizarre.

Not to mention the fact that when they did they produced the most frequent goals than any one else on the side.

If you genuinely think that means he failed then I am not sure where else this discussion can go.

Do you think he was a success?
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:51 - May 10 with 1110 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:47 - May 10 by jack247

Do you think he was a success?

I don’t think anybody can claim to be a success, the team did not fulfil the brief. That goes for the likes of Jordan Ayew and Lukas Fabianski too - yet you could hardly call them failures either. They did what was expected of them, unfortuntely it was not enough due to the weak, one dimensional state of the squad.

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:58 - May 10 with 1109 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:51 - May 10 by E20Jack

I don’t think anybody can claim to be a success, the team did not fulfil the brief. That goes for the likes of Jordan Ayew and Lukas Fabianski too - yet you could hardly call them failures either. They did what was expected of them, unfortuntely it was not enough due to the weak, one dimensional state of the squad.

Stick to the question. I didn’t ask about Jordan Ayew or Lucas Fabianski. Was Tammy Abraham a success or a failure?
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:03 - May 10 with 1103 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 13:58 - May 10 by jack247

Stick to the question. I didn’t ask about Jordan Ayew or Lucas Fabianski. Was Tammy Abraham a success or a failure?

I just did, and explained why. Narrowing your debating paradigm to something that doesn’t represent the options available isn’t helping anybody.

He cannot claim to be a success because the team got relegated but the players that did as much as can be expected can’t be labelled a failure neither, they did as was expected. Your question is not representing reality, there is not just two options.

Jordan Ayew cannot claim to be a success as he was part of a relegated team, but to suggest he was a failure would be ridiculous. Using our best player, for clarity, to show the error of your question is what the last post was about.

It’s similar to asking a man who is 5ft 11 if he is tall or short. Neither. To commit to one would be giving a false representation of reality. 5ft 11 is not short, it isn’t tall either.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 14:07]

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:15 - May 10 with 1083 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:03 - May 10 by E20Jack

I just did, and explained why. Narrowing your debating paradigm to something that doesn’t represent the options available isn’t helping anybody.

He cannot claim to be a success because the team got relegated but the players that did as much as can be expected can’t be labelled a failure neither, they did as was expected. Your question is not representing reality, there is not just two options.

Jordan Ayew cannot claim to be a success as he was part of a relegated team, but to suggest he was a failure would be ridiculous. Using our best player, for clarity, to show the error of your question is what the last post was about.

It’s similar to asking a man who is 5ft 11 if he is tall or short. Neither. To commit to one would be giving a false representation of reality. 5ft 11 is not short, it isn’t tall either.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 14:07]

That’s just waffle.

I’ll make it easier for you:

Did Jordan Ayew personally have a good season?
Did Lucas Fabianski personally have a good season?
Did Tammy Abraham personally have a good season?
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:16 - May 10 with 1081 viewsHighjack

The next Frank Nouble

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:17 - May 10 with 1075 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:15 - May 10 by jack247

That’s just waffle.

I’ll make it easier for you:

Did Jordan Ayew personally have a good season?
Did Lucas Fabianski personally have a good season?
Did Tammy Abraham personally have a good season?

It’s only waffle because you don’t like the answer.

Yes
Yes
Didn’t really get enough of a chance but did what was expected with the game time he had.

If you wish to alter your question from “good season” to “bad season” then they all would be a resounding no, which is the point.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 14:21]

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:22 - May 10 with 1064 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:17 - May 10 by E20Jack

It’s only waffle because you don’t like the answer.

Yes
Yes
Didn’t really get enough of a chance but did what was expected with the game time he had.

If you wish to alter your question from “good season” to “bad season” then they all would be a resounding no, which is the point.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 14:21]

No it’s waffle because you’ve used 4 paragraphs to answer a closed question.

Yes
Yes
No
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:49 - May 10 with 1040 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:22 - May 10 by jack247

No it’s waffle because you’ve used 4 paragraphs to answer a closed question.

Yes
Yes
No

I used 4 paragraphs because your question was not relevant and I had to explain why. You reduced it to 2 options when reality says there was not just 2 options. That means you are artificially moulding a question to get an answer you want.

Answering on my behalf is also an exercise in futility. That is tantamount to me asking if you think Abraham is the best player in the world and answering “yes” on your behalf because I am unable to construct a false scenario to be able to force you to misrepresent your answer.

You suggested he was a failure, I told you he wasn’t and patiently explained why. So if you want to ask a question to have relevance then ask:-

Do you think Tammy Abraham had a bad season?

The answer is no. No I do not. For the reasons stated.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 14:53]

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 15:13 - May 10 with 1020 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 14:49 - May 10 by E20Jack

I used 4 paragraphs because your question was not relevant and I had to explain why. You reduced it to 2 options when reality says there was not just 2 options. That means you are artificially moulding a question to get an answer you want.

Answering on my behalf is also an exercise in futility. That is tantamount to me asking if you think Abraham is the best player in the world and answering “yes” on your behalf because I am unable to construct a false scenario to be able to force you to misrepresent your answer.

You suggested he was a failure, I told you he wasn’t and patiently explained why. So if you want to ask a question to have relevance then ask:-

Do you think Tammy Abraham had a bad season?

The answer is no. No I do not. For the reasons stated.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 14:53]

I wasn’t answering on your behalf, those were my answers to the same questions.

I think he had a terrible season. He couldn’t regularly get in a team that got relegated despite being the only available striker for most of the season.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 15:36 - May 10 with 1006 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 15:13 - May 10 by jack247

I wasn’t answering on your behalf, those were my answers to the same questions.

I think he had a terrible season. He couldn’t regularly get in a team that got relegated despite being the only available striker for most of the season.

But that was due to him not suiting the style of play implemented on the squad which was forced due to our lack of squad depth.

Yet he still managed to score more goals per minutes on the picth than anyone else in the squad and was the clubs top goalscorer for the majority of this season while only starting about half of them.

That’s not a terrible season no matter what misleading sentences you wish to repeat, you are wildly over exaggerating in order to push whatever point you are trying to make.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 15:39]

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 15:37 - May 10 with 1005 viewstheloneranger

I can feel 20 pages are looming...!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 15:56 - May 10 with 990 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 15:36 - May 10 by E20Jack

But that was due to him not suiting the style of play implemented on the squad which was forced due to our lack of squad depth.

Yet he still managed to score more goals per minutes on the picth than anyone else in the squad and was the clubs top goalscorer for the majority of this season while only starting about half of them.

That’s not a terrible season no matter what misleading sentences you wish to repeat, you are wildly over exaggerating in order to push whatever point you are trying to make.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 15:39]

If he was good enough, we’d have adapted our style of play to accommodate him. He was simply not physically up to scratch. Talented yes, but too weak to play without a strike partner.

I’m not sure what you think I’m misleading you on, but carry on repeating he was top scorer (based on minutes on the pitch, rather than goals scored to suit your argument), ignore the fact that it was 5 goals all season, and twist that the was often left out in favour of Dyer and occasionally Narsingh, before we signed Andre, into a positive, as it reduces his minutes on the pitch.

I admire your ability to argue on the internet, but you would have a lot more credibility if you could find the humility to admit you get things wrong every now and then.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 21:40 - May 10 with 932 viewsE20Jack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 15:56 - May 10 by jack247

If he was good enough, we’d have adapted our style of play to accommodate him. He was simply not physically up to scratch. Talented yes, but too weak to play without a strike partner.

I’m not sure what you think I’m misleading you on, but carry on repeating he was top scorer (based on minutes on the pitch, rather than goals scored to suit your argument), ignore the fact that it was 5 goals all season, and twist that the was often left out in favour of Dyer and occasionally Narsingh, before we signed Andre, into a positive, as it reduces his minutes on the pitch.

I admire your ability to argue on the internet, but you would have a lot more credibility if you could find the humility to admit you get things wrong every now and then.

Rubbish. So if a player is good enough then we change our whole style to accomodate him? Don’t talk wet.

I didn’t say you were misleading me. You keep repeating that he was our only striker (which he wasn’t) and barely started as if that is a measure of his ability rather than the situation we found ourselves in. It’s misleading, intentionally of course.

I am not suiting my argument, I am stating facts. To say anything else would again be misleading, don’t you think the best measure of someone’s goal scoring would be to compare it to the time actually spent on the pitch then? Makes perfect sense to me.

Why do you always want people to change their view to suit yours? It’s bizarre. When I am wrong I say I am, it doesn’t happen often but am more than happy to state it when it occurs. On this occasion I am absolutely spot on and the only reason people are falling over themselves to not want to accept it is so they can continue their recruitment bashing and try and find someone to blame.

I say it as it is, regardless of how it makes people or myself feel. Tammy was brought in as a striker, when he played he was the most effective at doing that than anyone in the side. Just the way it is. If you aren’t on the pitch then unfortunately, even as good as he is, you cannot score.

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 21:46 - May 10 with 918 viewsOldjack

yes him and McBurnie ,along with a decent manager and midfield

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024