Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you take Tammy on loan again? 08:50 - May 10 with 11321 viewsomarjack

If it's possible?
He was superb with Bristol. scoring +20 goals or so..and we assume he's grown as player since then.

It's just..he's kind of a Dwight Gayle or Vydra..Superb EFL player..sh!t PL one.

so what do you think?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 12:10 - Sep 16 with 551 viewsJacket

We're that terrible now that Tammy Wynette would get a game, even though she's been dead for over twenty years.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 12:11]
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 18:46 - Sep 16 with 483 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 11:28 - Sep 16 by Bazswan

Not unique, but certainly desirable, certainly in our side. Passing and creativity is Chadli’s remit, it was mid August when that fell through and not surprisingly we signed Bony 2 weeks later. Chadli was supposed to replace what we lost in Gylfi. I just don’t buy that a season in the Championship where he achieved the same as he did there last time has turned him into a super striker, why would it? He looks the same player, more confident maybe as he knows he will get more than one chance per game, taking the pressure off his opportunities. But he seems very much the same player we had, scoring similar goals as he did for us, Bristol and Villa.

Fair enough. I can agree with most of what you’re saying.

Two genuine questions that have gone unanswered so far then. In your opinion, why would Chelsea be prepared to sell a goal machine (in January) whilst under a transfer embargo? Why, if his failure here was nothing to do with him, was he not on loan at a PL club last season?
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 01:55 - Sep 17 with 449 viewsBazswan

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 18:46 - Sep 16 by jack247

Fair enough. I can agree with most of what you’re saying.

Two genuine questions that have gone unanswered so far then. In your opinion, why would Chelsea be prepared to sell a goal machine (in January) whilst under a transfer embargo? Why, if his failure here was nothing to do with him, was he not on loan at a PL club last season?

I’m not sure why Chelsea were prepared to sell him. Maybe they still would have if Sarri was still the boss, it’s safe to say his inclusion in the side this year has a lot to do with Lampard, same goes for Mason Mount and Fikayo Timori.

From Feb onwards his form dipped to 6 goals in 14 matches, so surely it isn’t that little spell that convinced them he can be a starting striker for Chelsea. 19 goals in 23 games was the tally prior and during the time they were (apparently) willing to sell, that period was immediately after his spell with us, which is why it is unlikely that he turned into a super striker in a solitary pre season. And again he achieved all he did in that season in the last time he was there too for Bristol City, prior to joining us.

No idea why a Premier League club didn’t take him after us. I guess he wasn’t showcased enough, he only started 15 games. It quite a big risk to take for someone who has basically had a season and a half to his name, the stakes of survival are high and there isn’t an awful lot of history to go on with Tammy. Which is probably why Clement went with the tried and tested with Jordan Ayew, who is also more suited to the type of player we needed after getting zero possession game after game, he provided a good outlet as he is a forward more than a striker so comfortable switching to the wings and providing an outball for counter attacks. As good as Tammy is, he’s no winger/wide forward.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 05:57 - Sep 17 with 417 viewsjack247

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 01:55 - Sep 17 by Bazswan

I’m not sure why Chelsea were prepared to sell him. Maybe they still would have if Sarri was still the boss, it’s safe to say his inclusion in the side this year has a lot to do with Lampard, same goes for Mason Mount and Fikayo Timori.

From Feb onwards his form dipped to 6 goals in 14 matches, so surely it isn’t that little spell that convinced them he can be a starting striker for Chelsea. 19 goals in 23 games was the tally prior and during the time they were (apparently) willing to sell, that period was immediately after his spell with us, which is why it is unlikely that he turned into a super striker in a solitary pre season. And again he achieved all he did in that season in the last time he was there too for Bristol City, prior to joining us.

No idea why a Premier League club didn’t take him after us. I guess he wasn’t showcased enough, he only started 15 games. It quite a big risk to take for someone who has basically had a season and a half to his name, the stakes of survival are high and there isn’t an awful lot of history to go on with Tammy. Which is probably why Clement went with the tried and tested with Jordan Ayew, who is also more suited to the type of player we needed after getting zero possession game after game, he provided a good outlet as he is a forward more than a striker so comfortable switching to the wings and providing an outball for counter attacks. As good as Tammy is, he’s no winger/wide forward.

Again, very fair post.

Not sure about not showcased enough, seeing as there was a fair bit of interest the season before and we had a battle with Newcastle to sign him.

The Lampard/Sarri thing is kind of my point. People on here claiming they knew he was this good, after watching him for half a season, while Sarri and his staff at Chelsea missed it.
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 07:11 - Sep 17 with 404 viewspencoedjack

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 17:28 - Sep 15 by 34dfgdf54

Proving me wrong.

Never thought he’d perform consistently in Premier League.

Me too.

Although as with us the first half a dozen games doesn’t mean he’s made it yet
Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 09:27 - Sep 17 with 371 viewsBazswan

Would you take Tammy on loan again? on 05:57 - Sep 17 by jack247

Again, very fair post.

Not sure about not showcased enough, seeing as there was a fair bit of interest the season before and we had a battle with Newcastle to sign him.

The Lampard/Sarri thing is kind of my point. People on here claiming they knew he was this good, after watching him for half a season, while Sarri and his staff at Chelsea missed it.

Not sure it’s a case of Sarri missing it as such, different managers have different ideas, I’m pretty sure Sarri also knew he was an excellent player. The list of clearly excellent players that are willingly sold by top clubs is almost endless, and Chelsea are no exception with Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Cuadrado, Ake all on their list of shame in recent years. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Loftus Cheek, Hudson Odoi and Ampadu going the same way who I have no doubt could be assets in that side. Personally speaking, I think it was fairly obvious Abraham was a cracking striker, you could tell by his movement and his instincts of where the ball would drop, was often the first to react to second balls. Our issue was we didn’t get the ball into the box that often!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024