Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can the yanks ? 14:21 - May 10 with 3223 viewswestside

Find money to sign Rooney at DC United but couldn't find the money for a decent squad to keep the swans in the premier league ?
How can the yanks ? on 14:26 - May 10 with 2345 viewsJonathans_coat

Separate businesses. They don’t put a Penny in themselves really, they just use profit to reinvest!
How can the yanks ? on 14:27 - May 10 with 2333 viewsblackjackwood

Money was spent . . . but sooo badly !!
Bony (couldn't get into Man City or Stoke teams and knackered )
Sanchez ( blamed but too good for the players around him )
Roque Mesa ( not given credit and time )
Borja
Andre Ayew ( striker with 0 goals )
How can the yanks ? on 14:28 - May 10 with 2317 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

How can the yanks ? on 14:27 - May 10 by blackjackwood

Borja

This!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

How can the yanks ? on 14:30 - May 10 with 2300 viewscmajack

Borja

Spot on . Money was spent but squandered on garbage players, you can add clucas to that list as well.
How can the yanks ? on 14:30 - May 10 with 2296 viewsSmellyplumz

Borja

Was Sanches to good for the players around him at bayern... Funniest thing I've read on here in a while.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

How can the yanks ? on 14:31 - May 10 with 2293 viewsHighjack

Borja

Their money wasn’t spent.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

How can the yanks ? on 14:32 - May 10 with 2279 viewsJonathans_coat

All true. But the point is the money that was spent on those players was not the yanks money, it was the clubs money, gained by selling other players. The only money the yanks put in was for the initial purchase of the club, and most of that wasn’t Jase & Steve’s, it was a bunch of 27 random investors money!
How can the yanks ? on 14:33 - May 10 with 2268 viewsJonathans_coat

How can the yanks ? on 14:31 - May 10 by Highjack

Their money wasn’t spent.

This is the point:-

THIER (the yanks) money, was not spent on those players!
Login to get fewer ads

How can the yanks ? on 14:38 - May 10 with 2238 viewsLeonWasGod

A more important question should be how can the yanks be so bad at running sports businesses? DC United bottom of the standings so far, again. Everything these guys touch turns to 💩
How can the yanks ? on 14:41 - May 10 with 2223 viewsJonathans_coat

How can the yanks ? on 14:38 - May 10 by LeonWasGod

A more important question should be how can the yanks be so bad at running sports businesses? DC United bottom of the standings so far, again. Everything these guys touch turns to 💩

I asked this in another thread. Don’t forget Levien is involved with Memphis Grizzlies who (surprise surprise) are bottom of their league! The must have found a way to make money from sporting mediocrity. It stinks to high hell!
How can the yanks ? on 14:44 - May 10 with 2207 viewsLeonWasGod

How can the yanks ? on 14:41 - May 10 by Jonathans_coat

I asked this in another thread. Don’t forget Levien is involved with Memphis Grizzlies who (surprise surprise) are bottom of their league! The must have found a way to make money from sporting mediocrity. It stinks to high hell!

Snake oil salesmen, but who fell for Jack to a King. I really do worry where we’ll go solely under their leadership. The conference if Bobbly is a guide to their competence.
How can the yanks ? on 14:47 - May 10 with 2180 viewsCity1983

Rooney to DC United? Think no further than your good selves who have forked out to get Him to the States on, no doubt, huge money. And the Yanks will be using the Swansea money that you have given to them, as well as Asset Stripping the Soul out of the Club, to use as investment of the bigger prize- that is the Financing of DC United.

Swansea have paid the ultimate price for allowing these Vultures anywhere near your club.

It will take a long long time to get out of the Championship with this Board. Keep the Faith. Get them out, get a Board that will invest in the Team and start again. Don't be afraid to take a step back to be able to go forward.

Good luck next season as a Championship club.
How can the yanks ? on 14:48 - May 10 with 2173 viewsjack247

How can the yanks ? on 14:33 - May 10 by Jonathans_coat

This is the point:-

THIER (the yanks) money, was not spent on those players!

They aren’t investors. At least not on terms of investing into the team. They just run it like a business. I don’t know if they are putting their own money into DC United and don’t really care. We don’t want to be in debt to them anyway
How can the yanks ? on 14:51 - May 10 with 2151 viewsJonathans_coat

How can the yanks ? on 14:44 - May 10 by LeonWasGod

Snake oil salesmen, but who fell for Jack to a King. I really do worry where we’ll go solely under their leadership. The conference if Bobbly is a guide to their competence.

They’ve done SO badly, I’m starting to believe they wanted it to be a failure! Have u seen the 1967 film (or 2005 remake) The Producers? Here is an excerpt from the synopsis on Wikipedia:-

“Leo has a revalation: a producer could make a lot more money with a flop than a hit by overselling shares in the production, because no one will audit the books of a play presumed to have lost money.”

All I’m saying is the clubs books need to scrutinised very, very carefully!
How can the yanks ? on 14:52 - May 10 with 2143 viewsjasper_T

Whether it was their money or not is irrelevant imo. Enough money was spent to vastly improve the first team, but it was spent badly.

If the Americans had spunked away another £30m of their own pocket money on players I don't think it would have made a damn bit of difference. We'd have brought in more sht players to send out on loan and sell for a loss.
How can the yanks ? on 14:54 - May 10 with 2126 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm sure the cost to bring Wayne to DC United was not far off the total cost to bring Bony here last year.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

How can the yanks ? on 14:58 - May 10 with 2101 viewsJonathans_coat

How can the yanks ? on 14:52 - May 10 by jasper_T

Whether it was their money or not is irrelevant imo. Enough money was spent to vastly improve the first team, but it was spent badly.

If the Americans had spunked away another £30m of their own pocket money on players I don't think it would have made a damn bit of difference. We'd have brought in more sht players to send out on loan and sell for a loss.

I think is is quite relevant, because it shows that they are ONLY in it for the money, and will never go out on a limb for us to help us in an hour of need (such as now). All they are bothered about is their bottom line.
How can the yanks ? on 15:00 - May 10 with 2091 viewsJonathans_coat

How can the yanks ? on 14:58 - May 10 by Jonathans_coat

I think is is quite relevant, because it shows that they are ONLY in it for the money, and will never go out on a limb for us to help us in an hour of need (such as now). All they are bothered about is their bottom line.

Which was basically Huw’s main arguement for selling blown to pieces!
How can the yanks ? on 15:09 - May 10 with 2043 viewsswanforthemoney

How can the yanks ? on 14:54 - May 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm sure the cost to bring Wayne to DC United was not far off the total cost to bring Bony here last year.

Sounds about right, they are both about as crap and knackered as one another.

I stand in the North Stand

How can the yanks ? on 15:13 - May 10 with 2026 viewsjasper_T

How can the yanks ? on 14:58 - May 10 by Jonathans_coat

I don't think we should be spending every penny the club has plus millions out of the owner's pockets every season. That's not a good way to run a club.

They probably looked at the amount spent (and in the bank following player sales) and thought that was enough to keep the club going. It should have been.

If the Americans are only interested in their bottom line they've done a spectacularly bad job of that. £7m on a season long loan is bad investment. Bony's wages were a ridiculous expense. They could have cut way more corners than they potentially have. It's not the reason we've gone down.
How can the yanks ? on 15:20 - May 10 with 1996 viewsJonathans_coat

How can the yanks ? on 15:13 - May 10 by jasper_T

I don't think we should be spending every penny the club has plus millions out of the owner's pockets every season. That's not a good way to run a club.

They probably looked at the amount spent (and in the bank following player sales) and thought that was enough to keep the club going. It should have been.

If the Americans are only interested in their bottom line they've done a spectacularly bad job of that. £7m on a season long loan is bad investment. Bony's wages were a ridiculous expense. They could have cut way more corners than they potentially have. It's not the reason we've gone down.

But is wasn’t THIER investment!!! It was the clubs money!

Does anybody in Swansea still believe there has been any actual “investment” in the squad by the Americans? Seriously?!?

BTW - I agree we should not be overspending, but this was the sole reason HJ gave for selling the club. To allow us to have rich owners who could lend us money and bail us out of trouble if we in danger of relegation!
How can the yanks ? on 15:28 - May 10 with 1942 viewswestside

If we signed a decent striker instead of Bony we could have been OK especially when Ayew was suspeneded
How can the yanks ? on 15:29 - May 10 with 1937 viewsAmbergambler

How can the yanks ? on 15:20 - May 10 by Jonathans_coat

But is wasn’t THIER investment!!! It was the clubs money!

Does anybody in Swansea still believe there has been any actual “investment” in the squad by the Americans? Seriously?!?

BTW - I agree we should not be overspending, but this was the sole reason HJ gave for selling the club. To allow us to have rich owners who could lend us money and bail us out of trouble if we in danger of relegation!

Wasn't it said at the time that the club had gone as far as it could go and needed new owners to take it to the next level - which sadly they have done.
How can the yanks ? on 15:31 - May 10 with 1928 viewsJonathans_coat

How can the yanks ? on 15:28 - May 10 by westside

If we signed a decent striker instead of Bony we could have been OK especially when Ayew was suspeneded

I agree. I actually think we were a proven goal scorer, and and creative midfielder short of staying up...........

..............shame we sold both of ours the previous summer!
How can the yanks ? on 15:36 - May 10 with 1902 viewsJonathans_coat

How can the yanks ? on 15:29 - May 10 by Ambergambler

Wasn't it said at the time that the club had gone as far as it could go and needed new owners to take it to the next level - which sadly they have done.

Well either both buyer and seller totally misread the situation, or they were both lying and misrepresenting the situation to each other (And the fans, trust ect) in a shameless bid to enrich themselves!

Incompetence or duplicitousness and greed (or a combination of both). Draw your own conclusion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024