Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The cost of our relegation 09:15 - May 11 with 7805 viewsjacabertawe

Financial and the human cost to livelihoods
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/devastating-cost-prem

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The cost of our relegation on 09:30 - May 11 with 6256 viewsLeonWasGod

I wish all these idiots would wait until it's confirmed. And that includes the club releasing details of players and CC leaving.

Yep, of course it's going to be a big hit. But sadly not on those people who are responsible.
The cost of our relegation on 09:40 - May 11 with 6229 viewsCaptain_Sham

Yes but we d also no longer will have to pay £80 k a week to shower of dogfood.

Its just a ride.

The cost of our relegation on 09:59 - May 11 with 6162 viewsLoyal

I've seen too many people at the club taking the hard work leading up to 2002 for granted, I've seen nothing from any of them out of respect of how they got their jobs in the first place. I saw none of them fighting for the cause and some of them were very discouraging to the original efforts that saved our club. None of them put their jobs on the line nor their character or credibility. They took their work and jobs for granted.

They took it for granted so for me not two fcks will be given, if you are not brave enough to stand up and fight, or be prepared to sacrifice a few things for the greater good these scenarios will happen.

The JF'S of this world, the scared and untrustworthy majority, the weak and feebled freebie hunters, glory cnters more like have what they earned. Too scared to stand up, mock everything to this day that is done or suggested. The decline may well be the fault of the scum we all know, but they were helped by the scum we also know. The weak, scared cowardly fckrs who jeered and did nothing.

Johnny Hollins barmy army ?
Scum, that's what you are, and this is the reward you now have for your lack of spirit.
Negativity is your driver, you are shameful and you disgust me.

My personal agenda for Sunday is to seriously and directly deal with any person who still stands against my club with their pathetic stance of hounding protesters. And i know many more who will be doing the same. Tread carefully JF's and co, your your 15 minutes of fame may well come on Sunday.

Think about it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The cost of our relegation on 10:03 - May 11 with 6158 viewsFireboy2

I bet wol are fvcking loving us going down

Especially after their golden club have gone up

Fvcking w@nkers
The cost of our relegation on 10:32 - May 11 with 6040 viewsSoberBaker

The cost of our relegation on 09:59 - May 11 by Loyal

I've seen too many people at the club taking the hard work leading up to 2002 for granted, I've seen nothing from any of them out of respect of how they got their jobs in the first place. I saw none of them fighting for the cause and some of them were very discouraging to the original efforts that saved our club. None of them put their jobs on the line nor their character or credibility. They took their work and jobs for granted.

They took it for granted so for me not two fcks will be given, if you are not brave enough to stand up and fight, or be prepared to sacrifice a few things for the greater good these scenarios will happen.

The JF'S of this world, the scared and untrustworthy majority, the weak and feebled freebie hunters, glory cnters more like have what they earned. Too scared to stand up, mock everything to this day that is done or suggested. The decline may well be the fault of the scum we all know, but they were helped by the scum we also know. The weak, scared cowardly fckrs who jeered and did nothing.

Scum, that's what you are, and this is the reward you now have for your lack of spirit.

My personal agenda for Sunday is to seriously and directly deal with any person who still stands against my club with their pathetic stance of hounding protesters. And i know many more who will be doing the same. Tread carefully JF's and co, your your 15 minutes of fame may well come on Sunday.

Think about it.

Dear god! Did you really just type all that out?

It's only a f*cking football club, mind.

AMOW

The cost of our relegation on 11:16 - May 11 with 5933 viewsLoyal

The cost of our relegation on 10:32 - May 11 by SoberBaker

We all have different sized cahoona's.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The cost of our relegation on 11:46 - May 11 with 5875 viewssainthelens

The cost of our relegation on 10:32 - May 11 by SoberBaker

Leave off pal. He cares, and it's really sad state of affairs others don't feel the same. Nowhere near enough in fact, the scum running the club know this and continue to ride bareback over the meek fans we have.
The cost of our relegation on 13:10 - May 11 with 5697 viewsLoyal

The cost of our relegation on 11:46 - May 11 by sainthelens

Leave off pal. He cares, and it's really sad state of affairs others don't feel the same. Nowhere near enough in fact, the scum running the club know this and continue to ride bareback over the meek fans we have.

Some people do nothing mate, others do. There will always be leaders and followers, thankfully.

Login to get fewer ads

The cost of our relegation on 13:36 - May 11 with 5626 viewsSoberBaker

The cost of our relegation on 11:46 - May 11 by sainthelens

Yeah. I used to 'care' back in the Petty era too and look what we ended up with - a joke of a 'Trust', a dodgy roofer and some faceless yanks with a few dollars to their name.

Hardly worth getting too worked up about the next chapter of a 'sporting business' by threatening to "directly deal with any person..." is there?

I think some posters need a bit of perspective in their lives.

AMOW

The cost of our relegation on 13:43 - May 11 with 5565 viewsTheResurrection

All the scum online is trying to do is pour more misery on our shoulders and get us arguing amongst us.

He goes onto say the TV deal is to sky rocket when the EPL haven't even sold 2 of their packages and the domestic TV rights is 16% less.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The cost of our relegation on 13:44 - May 11 with 5572 views34dfgdf54

Think about it.

Come on loyal mate, there’s normal folk working at the club which need to pay the bills, some probably don’t have direct interest in football it’s just a job, from the catering staff to the admin. I’m devastated for them. I’m not a Swansea lad, but it’s a city for whatever reason I have grown to love and it’s given f*ck all help by anyone, especially with the news regarding Virgin in the last few weeks, this is the last thing the place needed. I’m absolutely gutted.
The cost of our relegation on 13:53 - May 11 with 5531 viewsTheResurrection

Think about it.

I'm not sure I understand half of that rubbish up there. John Hollins getting a mention FFS?! And what's a JF?

I'll be against protests. Same as my previous stance.

For us to have any sort of chance at getting back up we need to unite once more.

Lets see what the Club have in store over the next few weeks.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The cost of our relegation on 13:54 - May 11 with 5524 viewsTheResurrection

The cost of our relegation on 13:10 - May 11 by Loyal

Some people do nothing mate, others do. There will always be leaders and followers, thankfully.

Which one are you Jame?

The cost of our relegation on 14:02 - May 11 with 5510 viewsbyron

The cost of our relegation on 13:53 - May 11 by TheResurrection

I'm not sure I understand half of that rubbish up there. John Hollins getting a mention FFS?! And what's a JF?

For us to have any sort of chance at getting back up we need to unite once more.

Why keep putting off the protests? Surely it is time now you are down? Are you being used as a mouthpiece to try and quell the masses? Divide and conquer, there has never been a truer statement. We had it here with the rebrand and it messed us up for years. You have to unite, it’s the only way you will move forward.

Benny

The cost of our relegation on 14:08 - May 11 with 5492 viewsZaxx

The cost of our relegation on 14:02 - May 11 by byron

Why keep putting off the protests? Surely it is time now you are down? Are you being used as a mouthpiece to try and quell the masses? Divide and conquer, there has never been a truer statement. We had it here with the rebrand and it messed us up for years. You have to unite, it’s the only way you will move forward.

Well said.
The guy's a sellout imo.
The cost of our relegation on 14:11 - May 11 with 5473 viewsLoyal

The cost of our relegation on 13:44 - May 11 by 34dfgdf54

Come on loyal mate, there’s normal folk working at the club which need to pay the bills, some probably don’t have direct interest in football it’s just a job, from the catering staff to the admin. I’m devastated for them. I’m not a Swansea lad, but it’s a city for whatever reason I have grown to love and it’s given f*ck all help by anyone, especially with the news regarding Virgin in the last few weeks, this is the last thing the place needed. I’m absolutely gutted.

Nothing has been announced nor decided, it's a fictitious scenario by a east Wales journalist from a rag nobody reads or believes to any extent.

The cost of our relegation on 14:13 - May 11 with 5464 viewsLoyal

The cost of our relegation on 13:36 - May 11 by SoberBaker

Yeah. I used to 'care' back in the Petty era too and look what we ended up with - a joke of a 'Trust', a dodgy roofer and some faceless yanks with a few dollars to their name.

Hardly worth getting too worked up about the next chapter of a 'sporting business' by threatening to "directly deal with any person..." is there?

I think some posters need a bit of perspective in their lives.

Then you misunderstand.
If I decide to utilise my freedom of speech and someone stops it, then I won't go quietly.
Up to you if you couldn't care or do care, frankly I don't give a Fck.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 14:15]

The cost of our relegation on 14:14 - May 11 with 5454 viewsLoyal

The cost of our relegation on 13:53 - May 11 by TheResurrection

Sorry mate, no.
No more lets wait and see.

The cost of our relegation on 14:33 - May 11 with 5407 viewsWingstandwood

Think about it.

Better to be someone with fight, passion and a doer mentality in justifiable circumstances! Far better than being a Jenkins apologist, far better than being a grovelling John Van Zweden fanboy or a name dropping Morgans Hotel attendee going all starstruck and weak at the knees cos 'Mart' was just being served at the bar at the same time and he actually 'smiled' and said "Hello".
[Post edited 11 May 2018 14:33]

Argus!

The cost of our relegation on 14:37 - May 11 with 5381 viewsymaohyd

First of all anyone who looses their job at the club or in the local area as a result of our relegation has my complete sympathy.

But this load of boll ox about the extent of relegation on the local economy is a load of cra p.

If (and granted it is a massive If) the club is now handled properly with a young manager put in place, playing an exciting brand of football, finding players to suit a system , players with something to prove. Personally I find that a great deal more rewarding as a fan, than watching the club, waste 10's of millions on players,who don't suit a system and couldn't give a to ss.

Our revenue will be hugely affected..yes. But that money has gone in to agents pockets and hugely inflated wages.

Back to my original point,don't be fooled by economic doom and gloom. Swansea is in the sh it anyway. Hopefully if some if the billions that are to be invested are and with the vision of Terry Matthews we can create proper jobs for the area.

The fact that a kid in downtown Delhi won't be watching us playing c rap every week isn't going to make any difference.

Yes it's a massive shame that Jenkins and co have deviously royally fu cked up. The moment after the Reading game the big picture was always going to be once the dust settles, WHEN we are relegated what will the overall picture be?

7 years on, superb training facilities, our first major trophy and the club in relatively on solid financial foundations compared to many who go down.

Our long term aim has to be to be like the Stokes, Wolves,West Broms, Norwich
, etc.Clubs who have far stronger histories than ours, but who are solid Championship, promotion seeking clubs.

Next season is a huge one for us. We can't allow the club to return to the lower leagues, we must consolidate.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The cost of our relegation on 16:16 - May 11 with 5264 viewssplJack

The cost of our relegation on 14:37 - May 11 by ymaohyd

First of all anyone who looses their job at the club or in the local area as a result of our relegation has my complete sympathy.

But this load of boll ox about the extent of relegation on the local economy is a load of cra p.

If (and granted it is a massive If) the club is now handled properly with a young manager put in place, playing an exciting brand of football, finding players to suit a system , players with something to prove. Personally I find that a great deal more rewarding as a fan, than watching the club, waste 10's of millions on players,who don't suit a system and couldn't give a to ss.

Our revenue will be hugely affected..yes. But that money has gone in to agents pockets and hugely inflated wages.

Back to my original point,don't be fooled by economic doom and gloom. Swansea is in the sh it anyway. Hopefully if some if the billions that are to be invested are and with the vision of Terry Matthews we can create proper jobs for the area.

The fact that a kid in downtown Delhi won't be watching us playing c rap every week isn't going to make any difference.

Yes it's a massive shame that Jenkins and co have deviously royally fu cked up. The moment after the Reading game the big picture was always going to be once the dust settles, WHEN we are relegated what will the overall picture be?

7 years on, superb training facilities, our first major trophy and the club in relatively on solid financial foundations compared to many who go down.

, etc.Clubs who have far stronger histories than ours, but who are solid Championship, promotion seeking clubs.

Next season is a huge one for us. We can't allow the club to return to the lower leagues, we must consolidate.

Great post, agree with every word.
The cost of our relegation on 16:18 - May 11 with 5248 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The cost of our relegation on 14:37 - May 11 by ymaohyd

the local economy will lose out on millions

what are you going on about man

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The cost of our relegation on 16:51 - May 11 with 5152 viewsymaohyd

The cost of our relegation on 16:18 - May 11 by oh_tommy_tommy

the local economy will lose out on millions

what are you going on about man

How?

Next years average attendance will be in the region of 17,000. The biggest loss of revenue will be felt by the club.

Local (near to the stadium) pubs, restaurants will continue to rake it in on match day. Outside of match day no difference.

Away fans? How many stay in Swansea per game? I'd guess very few. A friend from London, a Spurs fan, has been to every Swans away game (following Spurs) reckons very few have stayed in Swansea. Most go home.

There will definitely fewer away fans staying in local hotels but absolutely miniscule compared to the doom and gloom figures.

Always look back to the 1999 Rugby World Cup, in Wales. Huge inflated predictions of the multi million boost it would give the Welsh economy, even predicting Cruise ships with fans docking in Cardiff.

Years later, I read a financial report that highlighted that in reality the 1999 RWC brought hardly any economic benefit to Wales.

Cardiff benefits more from a 6 Nations game as far as hotel bookings etc than Swansea will ever gain from football.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

The cost of our relegation on 20:04 - May 12 with 4738 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The cost of our relegation on 16:51 - May 11 by ymaohyd

How?

Next years average attendance will be in the region of 17,000. The biggest loss of revenue will be felt by the club.

Local (near to the stadium) pubs, restaurants will continue to rake it in on match day. Outside of match day no difference.

Away fans? How many stay in Swansea per game? I'd guess very few. A friend from London, a Spurs fan, has been to every Swans away game (following Spurs) reckons very few have stayed in Swansea. Most go home.

There will definitely fewer away fans staying in local hotels but absolutely miniscule compared to the doom and gloom figures.

Always look back to the 1999 Rugby World Cup, in Wales. Huge inflated predictions of the multi million boost it would give the Welsh economy, even predicting Cruise ships with fans docking in Cardiff.

Years later, I read a financial report that highlighted that in reality the 1999 RWC brought hardly any economic benefit to Wales.

Cardiff benefits more from a 6 Nations game as far as hotel bookings etc than Swansea will ever gain from football.

Millions will be lost in the local economy leaving the premier league .

It’s so simple to see why and how .

From local coffee shops to millionaires buying expensive cars in local garages.

It’s an endless list of a knock on effect of money lost .
[Post edited 12 May 2018 20:05]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The cost of our relegation on 20:09 - May 12 with 4727 viewslondontaffia

To be fair, we f**ked over loads of local businesses when we went bust last time, we should hardly worry about these unfortunates this time, next year we’ll be champions and the year after it’ll be champions league...

Poll: How loyal are you really?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024