Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis 22:39 - May 11 with 7094 viewsmax936

Seems I'm suffering from this in my right ankle, when it goes the pain is severe and my leg almost gives way, went to the walk in Physio Clinic and it seems like its caused by flat feet/fallen arches, I don't think kneeling helps either.

Anyone suffering or have suffered from this, if yes what did you take or do to help the condition?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 22:46 - May 11 with 3514 viewsjacksfullaces

had planta pretty much for the whole of last year- heel cup inserts whilst in normal shoes, and heel guard on when running seemed to do the trick.

could barely walk after even a short jog pre xmas, post xmas trained for a marathon with next to no bother.
Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 23:00 - May 11 with 3492 viewsdickythorpe

Took 3 years to go. Get insoles
Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 09:12 - May 12 with 3382 viewsTenbySwan

I suffer from this and wear sketchers padded insole shoes and a padded insole on top. That helps a lot.

Also use Ibuprofen gel to rub in the area when pain is bad
[Post edited 12 May 2018 9:37]
Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 09:16 - May 12 with 3378 viewsRancid

Ive had plantar fascitis since i was 12 and now my boys got it too 😔
Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 10:01 - May 12 with 3330 viewsbluey_the_blue

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 23:00 - May 11 by dickythorpe

Took 3 years to go. Get insoles

It can vary depending upon the degree.

It's effectively, from memory, a soft tissue issue affecting the arches. Insoles are the best way of handling it but it went for me within around 6 weeks or so. Flares up a bit every now and then but mot majorly.
Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 10:01 - May 12 with 3330 viewsmoonie

Go 2 private chiropodist and have insoles inserted that will offer support
Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 10:33 - May 12 with 3314 viewsHighjack

Amputation.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 10:41 - May 12 with 3305 viewsmax936

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 10:33 - May 12 by Highjack

Amputation.

Knew I could rely on you for a considered and thoughtful advise

Login to get fewer ads

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 10:44 - May 12 with 3303 viewsDracan66

Get a golf ball and rock your foot over it for 10 mins, 2 or 3 times a day, it helps to realign the tendons that cause the problem.....I spent loads going to the physio but this home remedy worked a great.
Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 10:46 - May 12 with 3300 viewsDracan66

Achilles require heel supports as already mentioned to take the loading off the tendon, takes months to recover tho.....nasty injury.
Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 10:48 - May 12 with 3295 viewsmax936

I've got shop bought insoles, but they won't fit in my work boots top of my foot jams up in front where the protective cap is, gonna try them with other shoes bit later, Physio said that I needed support under the arch of the foot and I can't seem to be able to get hold of them anywhere.
Called to Podiatry centre in Port Talbot yesterday, but the wait was over an hr and half, I just couldn't wait that long as I had a job on, might have got away with an hour, I've phoned to arrange a set appointment now,

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 10:56 - May 12 with 3288 viewsDracan66

Extra wide safety boots that have a composite toe protector rather than steel, being much lighter helps. Podiatrist charged me £50 for solid insoles that run half way down the foot and again for Achilles problems it certainly helped......ps avoid flip flops.....flat shoes with no support make it worse.
Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 11:08 - May 12 with 3281 viewsmax936

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 10:56 - May 12 by Dracan66

Extra wide safety boots that have a composite toe protector rather than steel, being much lighter helps. Podiatrist charged me £50 for solid insoles that run half way down the foot and again for Achilles problems it certainly helped......ps avoid flip flops.....flat shoes with no support make it worse.

Yeah company supplies boots with composite toe protection as we work with Electricity, I love flip flops
Just put the boots insoles that I've got in my espadrilles and they've helped already, can still feel some discomfort, but I'd expect that will see how it goes.

Thanks for yours and the others advice

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 11:11 - May 12 with 3275 viewstheloneranger

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 10:48 - May 12 by max936

I've got shop bought insoles, but they won't fit in my work boots top of my foot jams up in front where the protective cap is, gonna try them with other shoes bit later, Physio said that I needed support under the arch of the foot and I can't seem to be able to get hold of them anywhere.
Called to Podiatry centre in Port Talbot yesterday, but the wait was over an hr and half, I just couldn't wait that long as I had a job on, might have got away with an hour, I've phoned to arrange a set appointment now,

Max they've got arch supports on Amazon

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 11:29 - May 12 with 3264 viewsmax936

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 11:11 - May 12 by theloneranger

Max they've got arch supports on Amazon

Cheers, I'm on it

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 11:31 - May 12 with 3262 viewsdickythorpe

Bathe feet in a washing up bowl of cold water as well Max, it helped me. But the insoles specifically for plantar fasciitis on Amazon worked very well. One pair lasted 2 years.

Will always keep buying them for my work boots .
Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 12:02 - May 12 with 3249 viewsmax936

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 11:31 - May 12 by dickythorpe

Bathe feet in a washing up bowl of cold water as well Max, it helped me. But the insoles specifically for plantar fasciitis on Amazon worked very well. One pair lasted 2 years.

Will always keep buying them for my work boots .

Just ordered them up

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 12:18 - May 12 with 3236 viewsHighjack

Why don’t you just hop everywhere?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 12:25 - May 12 with 3232 viewsmax936

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 12:18 - May 12 by Highjack

Why don’t you just hop everywhere?

Lack of balance especially after a sarsaparilla or three

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 14:04 - May 12 with 3201 viewsLoyal

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 09:16 - May 12 by Rancid

Ive had plantar fascitis since i was 12 and now my boys got it too 😔

Yours is on vinyl, there's will be on CD or download ?

I've had it for two years, Andy Carrol has it as well.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 14:08 - May 12 with 3199 viewswaynekerr55

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 10:44 - May 12 by Dracan66

Get a golf ball and rock your foot over it for 10 mins, 2 or 3 times a day, it helps to realign the tendons that cause the problem.....I spent loads going to the physio but this home remedy worked a great.

This and do the exercises that your physio prescribes.

I remember going to Palace away in the championship. Met up with a pal I hadn't seen for years.

"How's your knee guvnor"
"Yeah fine now, I've been doing the exercises and it's sorted"
"Guv, you dislocated your knee when you were 17, that was 10 years ago"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 14:59 - May 12 with 3170 viewsmax936

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 14:08 - May 12 by waynekerr55

This and do the exercises that your physio prescribes.

I remember going to Palace away in the championship. Met up with a pal I hadn't seen for years.

"How's your knee guvnor"
"Yeah fine now, I've been doing the exercises and it's sorted"
"Guv, you dislocated your knee when you were 17, that was 10 years ago"

The more lm on my feet the easier it seems to get unless l turn inwards to the left, it’s a lot more painful first thing or if lve been sitting down, lm having a few 🍺’s now that may help, probably not 😂😂😂

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 15:11 - May 12 with 3162 viewstheloneranger

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 14:59 - May 12 by max936

The more lm on my feet the easier it seems to get unless l turn inwards to the left, it’s a lot more painful first thing or if lve been sitting down, lm having a few 🍺’s now that may help, probably not 😂😂😂

I had it few years ago, by f*ck it was painful.

That pain first thing in the morning or after sitting for a while is the first sign you've got it. I think my consultant called it, "first step pain".

There is a sock/brace you can buy to wear at night that stops the plantar fascia from shortening/shrinking while you're sleeping, and you use it until the pain goes.

**** It does f*ck all for your sex life **** 😂😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 16:04 - May 12 with 3136 viewsJackfath

I've had issues with my achilles, heels, plantar, shin splints for years and years.

My most recent attempt to ease the pain is the use of a TENS machine. I bought it off Amazon. Helps to relieve some of the pain. As others have said the use of inserts in shoes is a very good idea.

As another wise poster said, don't wear flip flops.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 18:50 - May 12 with 3071 viewslonglostjack

Achillies Tendonitis/Plantar Fasciitis on 16:04 - May 12 by Jackfath

I've had issues with my achilles, heels, plantar, shin splints for years and years.

My most recent attempt to ease the pain is the use of a TENS machine. I bought it off Amazon. Helps to relieve some of the pain. As others have said the use of inserts in shoes is a very good idea.

As another wise poster said, don't wear flip flops.

Plantar Fasciitis? Cut out the goose stepping and it might help.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024