Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat 17:25 - May 12 with 10745 viewsTheResurrection

If you want to take some comfort for next season look no further than Boro.

They were shit last season and folded miserably towards the end.

Yet, even with sacking 2 managers since, they've still got into the play offs

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:29 - May 12 with 4485 viewsmoonie

And led by a manager deemed persona non grata by Swansea

Stoke ,west brom his former clubs might well pass him on the way down

Hope Boro go up. And shaft the arrogant cocks at Villa
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:29 - May 12 with 4477 viewsJackfath

Let's all hope we can go one better and bounce straight back.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:30 - May 12 with 4467 viewsWhiterockin

Substitute Sunderland for Middlesbrough and you have similar circumstances but have a different scenario.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:33 - May 12 with 4443 viewsPrivate_Partz

It is an interesting one for sure.
I wonder how much of an upheaval hit their team took? Did they keep the side together in the main like Burnley? Also I wonder how much they have spent in team strengthening and paying off the sacked managers.
That will no doubt be an issue for the Yanks if they have to shell out anything.
They have done well though and I hope we can follow suit.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:35 - May 12 with 4424 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:30 - May 12 by Whiterockin

Substitute Sunderland for Middlesbrough and you have similar circumstances but have a different scenario.

Comical innit. Put up a positive post and along come the 80% to shoot it down in flames.

We Want.Misery

Fack off 😂😂😂

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:37 - May 12 with 4406 viewsWhiterockin

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:35 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Comical innit. Put up a positive post and along come the 80% to shoot it down in flames.

We Want.Misery

Fack off 😂😂😂

If you want to be positive. We are not down yet.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:38 - May 12 with 4388 viewsjackjackjackjack

Look how much Boro spent at the end of last season.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:39 - May 12 with 4371 viewsjasper_T

The Championship was poor this season we're going to walk it.
Login to get fewer ads

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:39 - May 12 with 4370 viewsJonathans_coat

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:29 - May 12 by moonie

And led by a manager deemed persona non grata by Swansea

Stoke ,west brom his former clubs might well pass him on the way down

Hope Boro go up. And shaft the arrogant cocks at Villa

Pulis, Allardyce, Warnock, they are all very capable of getting teams promoted, or keeping them up. They do all play a fairly hideous one dimensional style of football, that although effective, is the complete opposite of the “Swansea way” and the philosophy we used to stand for.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:39 - May 12 with 4363 viewsthornabyswan

Steve Gibson as loyal an owner as any club could hope for.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:41 - May 12 with 4331 viewsmoonie

But our current Swansea way is dire.

Consider the sickening capitulation at the Etihad

If that is the Swansea way they can keep it...with apologies to the bard of Cwmdonkin
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:42 - May 12 with 4310 viewsgiantstoneater

A lot may depend on how the board react, will they offload our best players, how much will they spend on new players. Boro kept a lot of their players. At the moment more questions than answers.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:45 - May 12 with 4279 viewsthornabyswan

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:42 - May 12 by giantstoneater

A lot may depend on how the board react, will they offload our best players, how much will they spend on new players. Boro kept a lot of their players. At the moment more questions than answers.

Yes Boro kept most of there players and spent about 30 million on top
Should have been top 2 with the side they had.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:45 - May 12 with 4276 viewslondonlisa2001

I'm genuinely gutted we are going down, but I'm also strangely looking forward to the summer's ins and outs and next season more than I have for a couple of years.

Partly because I've got some easy (and enjoyable) trips back - QPR, Fulham (hopefully - love that game), Brentford (also love that one), Reading. Some old favourites - Ipswich, Norwich, Brum, Forest. Some big clubs, great games.

But also, because it'll be nice having a season of looking forward to winning games rather than dreading losing them. Concentrating on the top three rather than the bottom three. Hopefully anyway!

And we are overdue an overhaul. Too many players getting old at the same time. And you can't do an overhaul in the premier league unless you want the season from hell. I'm looking forward to seeing some of our youngsters coming through. Some sense of getting our way of playing back to a more adventurous, attacking game again.

I bet we'll have a bit more fun next season than we have for the last couple. And this time next year, who knows - us and Cardiff may once again be ships that pass in the night.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:46 - May 12 with 4272 viewsJonathans_coat

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:41 - May 12 by moonie

But our current Swansea way is dire.

Consider the sickening capitulation at the Etihad

If that is the Swansea way they can keep it...with apologies to the bard of Cwmdonkin

That is the point isn’t it? This (and the previous 3 season) is not the brand of football and club leadership, recruitment ect, that came to be known as the “Swansea way”. The trouble began when we moved away from those values.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:48 - May 12 with 4239 viewsdickythorpe

On the bench for boro today is Dimitrio Konstantinophospitalrus. He was on loan to us for 4.games when we were last in the championship and saved a penalty late on in a draw v donny.
39 he is now!!!!!!
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:50 - May 12 with 4223 viewsDJack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:48 - May 12 by dickythorpe

On the bench for boro today is Dimitrio Konstantinophospitalrus. He was on loan to us for 4.games when we were last in the championship and saved a penalty late on in a draw v donny.
39 he is now!!!!!!

He did well in goal for C*diff...not!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:52 - May 12 with 4201 viewsdickythorpe

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:50 - May 12 by DJack

Hope all well with you this week.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:01 - May 12 with 4157 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:45 - May 12 by thornabyswan

Yes Boro kept most of there players and spent about 30 million on top
Should have been top 2 with the side they had.

Did they?

Their side tonight is unrecognisable from the one that drew memorably with City 2 all last season. So how does that work?

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:04 - May 12 with 4137 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:50 - May 12 by DJack

He did well in goal for us... if you;re a Jack that is.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:08 - May 12 with 4101 viewsDJack

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 17:52 - May 12 by dickythorpe

Hope all well with you this week.

In relation to what mate?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:13 - May 12 with 4065 viewsTreforys_Jack

Decent post, but you spoil it by calling it planet tw*t and telling someone who came up with an equally plausible outcome to f*ck off.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:16 - May 12 with 4035 viewsOldjack

Have Boro got money grabbing fuks behind the scenes?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:17 - May 12 with 4036 viewsdickythorpe

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:08 - May 12 by DJack

In relation to what mate?

The drink fuelled.posts we both made last week mate.
Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:17 - May 12 with 4036 viewsTheResurrection

Sensible Football Post. Not for 80% of Planet Tvvat on 18:13 - May 12 by Treforys_Jack

Decent post, but you spoil it by calling it planet tw*t and telling someone who came up with an equally plausible outcome to f*ck off.

Mate, I don't care mun....

Whether it spoils it, enhances it or is completely indifferent to some or all.

I'm not after an assessment or marks out of ten FFS. Just making a football post.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024