Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation is a gift 21:07 - May 12 with 7439 viewsMichuWasGod

I cant be the only one who thinks this relegation is a gift. Indeed a gift wrapped in sh*t, but none the less a gift. If we had managed to stay up this season I can say with 99.9% certainty we would have had to go through the same rubbish boring football and probably score even less next year.

Don't get me wrong I know there's a strong chance the football will be just as shocking next year with just worse players and worse opposite. But there's a chance, a glimmer of hope and it fills me with probably more excitement for next season than I'd have going into another premier league season with the Yanks just trying to hold on.

Obviously you never want your team to get relegated and the scum going up does worsen the sickening feeling. But this is something that the club unfortunately needs, along with a whole host of other things.
Relegation is a gift on 21:12 - May 12 with 6102 viewsGeoffThom

A wet ham friend of mine alluded to this last time they went down ,but he was more of the opinion that sometimes you need to go down to clear high earners and staff to regroup and come up again in a better position but thi was before the London stadium and of course they were in it to a point this year?
Relegation is a gift on 21:15 - May 12 with 6079 viewslondontaffia

I reckon we’ll win the championship by 100 points next season, the champions league the folllowing year, trust in Huw!

Poll: How loyal are you really?

Relegation is a gift on 21:16 - May 12 with 6068 viewsGeoffThom

Relegation is a gift on 21:15 - May 12 by londontaffia

I reckon we’ll win the championship by 100 points next season, the champions league the folllowing year, trust in Huw!

Hasn’t mummy told you it’s bed time yet
Relegation is a gift on 21:19 - May 12 with 6050 viewsChrisSCFC

Your talents are wasted on here mate.
Relegation is a gift on 21:30 - May 12 with 5980 viewspencoedjack

Relegation is a gift on 21:16 - May 12 by GeoffThom

Hasn’t mummy told you it’s bed time yet

She’s got her fingers up his arse telling him a bedtime story as he’s posting
Relegation is a gift on 21:33 - May 12 with 5954 viewsJoshTheJack

Yeah we're going to be bigger than Barcelona!!!
Relegation is a gift on 21:39 - May 12 with 5920 viewslondontaffia

Look stupid, we were the Barcelona of Wales and can be again, we regroup and go again, we’ll smash the championship next year, get Luis Enrique in as the boss and then watch out, trust in Huw!

Relegation is a gift on 21:45 - May 12 with 5882 viewsPrivate_Partz

If we had stayed up and had a complete change in our recruitment team and how they operated then there is no reason to assume we would have been in the same position next year. Carlos would have been ok with the right support.
If the new recruitment team failed on virtually every player brought in with most moved on to another club, crocked or just plain unsuitable then you may have a point.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation is a gift on 21:46 - May 12 with 5883 viewsSeaJack

“Obviously you never want your team to get relegated and the scum going up does worsen the sickening feeling.”

I’d like to think that, as a Welsh club, all that Cardiff are doing is keeping the Prem warm for us whilst we have a brief hiatus from the top flight. With the right stewardship we can once again be a force to be reckoned with and sit at the top table.
Relegation is a gift on 21:52 - May 12 with 5856 viewsbonymine

Relegation is a gift on 21:39 - May 12 by londontaffia

Look stupid, we were the Barcelona of Wales and can be again, we regroup and go again, we’ll smash the championship next year, get Luis Enrique in as the boss and then watch out, trust in Huw!

Go back & put your RED Vincent Tan shirt on ....or hang on it may be back to BLUE this week ? .......

One thing we’ve NEVER done is SELLOUT OUR CLUB COLOURS unlike you ......you Scum B@stard.

Now Phuk Off you Six fingered inbred Kunt.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Relegation is a gift on 21:56 - May 12 with 5834 viewslondontaffia

Right Ttw*t, you are going on ‘loyals’ list of undesirable fans, support the team of feck off!

Relegation is a gift on 23:30 - May 12 with 5678 viewsLoyal

Relegation is a gift on 21:56 - May 12 by londontaffia

Right Ttw*t, you are going on ‘loyals’ list of undesirable fans, support the team of feck off!

You are superb, I like the imagination behind this Byron, how are the vinyl sales ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Relegation is a gift on 07:31 - May 13 with 5447 viewsbyron

Relegation is a gift on 23:30 - May 12 by Loyal

You are superb, I like the imagination behind this Byron, how are the vinyl sales ?

I cannot believe people think it’s me. Unfortunately folks, we have endured 7 years of stuff like this on ccfc forums. Imagine I had 95 registered accounts like that lonely loon roathie did on Annis site? One is enough for me, I struggle with one password. It’s going to be a long summer for you lot as there will be plenty more waiting in the wings for there turn. Loyal will see them off, won’t you buddy?

Benny

Relegation is a gift on 14:08 - May 13 with 5128 viewsCaptain_Sham

Its an opportunity. If the right changes are made in the next 8 weeks, then this could end up being for the best, eventually.
A wise man once said that " If things don't change then they stay the same". Black bin bags need filling, desks need clearing.

Its just a ride.

Relegation is a gift on 14:15 - May 13 with 5077 viewsDJack

Relegation is a gift on 14:08 - May 13 by Captain_Sham

Its an opportunity. If the right changes are made in the next 8 weeks, then this could end up being for the best, eventually.
A wise man once said that " If things don't change then they stay the same". Black bin bags need filling, desks need clearing.

We can but hope.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Relegation is a gift on 14:17 - May 13 with 5073 viewsLeonWasGod

Great usernsme. Let’s start a club with KiIsGod.

Who knows how it will turn out. If it means we can see some more entertaining footie, goals and win a few more games it won’t be a bad thing for the fans. I’d rather we do well in this league though.
Relegation is a gift on 17:11 - May 13 with 4851 viewsvalleyboy

Relegation is a gift on 21:52 - May 12 by bonymine

Go back & put your RED Vincent Tan shirt on ....or hang on it may be back to BLUE this week ? .......

One thing we’ve NEVER done is SELLOUT OUR CLUB COLOURS unlike you ......you Scum B@stard.

Now Phuk Off you Six fingered inbred Kunt.

So selling Swansea City down the river must be OK then

At least Tan saw his mistake and changed back to blue

Do you think the previous Directors will do the same and arrange with the Americans to give back the money in exchange for taking back control back.

But this time making sure that the Trust gets 25% of the shares so it will be difficult to sell Swansea City like they did

Somehow I don’t think so
Relegation is a gift on 17:22 - May 13 with 4752 viewsGroo

Amazes me that anyone would think we'll go down regroup and come back up.

We're going down into a league full of bigger clubs that have been trying for years to go back up.

It's not impossible but our best chance of Premiership football was always to stay there, getting back will be an enormous hurdle and lets face it we're more likely to do a Sunderland, another bigger club, than become a yo-yo club.

We don't have the ability to attract big name players in the Premership, let alone the Championship.

We're down to chance again with people running the club only looking to extract as much as they can before the lights go out.

Groo does what Groo does best

Relegation is a gift on 08:36 - Jul 11 with 4144 viewsvalleyboy

Relegation is a gift on 17:22 - May 13 by Groo

Amazes me that anyone would think we'll go down regroup and come back up.

We're going down into a league full of bigger clubs that have been trying for years to go back up.

It's not impossible but our best chance of Premiership football was always to stay there, getting back will be an enormous hurdle and lets face it we're more likely to do a Sunderland, another bigger club, than become a yo-yo club.

We don't have the ability to attract big name players in the Premership, let alone the Championship.

We're down to chance again with people running the club only looking to extract as much as they can before the lights go out.

I’ve never agreed in much in shat you have said in the past, but this time I could have written that posting myself especially in what you said that the people running the club only looking to extract as much as they can, before the lights go out

You need to educate more of these posters on here in how these hedge fund managers operate and how ruthless they are, especially that you are someone that lives across the pond and see at first hand in how they work
Relegation is a gift on 09:38 - Jul 11 with 3971 viewsmoonie

Nothing good at all about this gift.

That people believe this is in any way good staggers me
Relegation is a gift on 09:45 - Jul 11 with 3955 viewsSwan91

obviously can't tell at this point... but if GP plays good tactics, we get rid of the big earners and sign some young hungry players who have the potential to do really well whilst also keeping players who were apart of our good days of playing football then I see no reason why we can't fight for promotion this season or next. like I said it is still early days... Everyone is guessing how we will do .. but noone will actually know till we see the season start.
Relegation is a gift on 12:55 - Jul 11 with 3789 viewsBadlands

I have to agree with much of the OP.
Hopefully we will again play without fear.
In truth, while in the Premier League, the excitement for many was largely about beating 'big teams'. Our goal was to be better than 8th!
Laudrup was heavily criticised or comments about winning 'our league' but he was right. Lately, I've sensed a growing mood that beating Liverpool was better than picking up 6 points against the likes of Stoke, Huddersfield or Barnsley.
If Potter can get us playing a good quality o football in the Championship I'm happy. We have promotion to aim for and, league cup and the subsequent European adventure aside, that has been the most exciting part of the last 8 years.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Relegation is a gift on 13:03 - Jul 11 with 3761 viewsSmellyplumz

I'd take going down again if it meant getting rid of big nose and the yanks.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Relegation is a gift on 13:09 - Jul 11 with 3738 viewsswanforthemoney

A gift or not, its being coming for a while. The short term decisions made to address the pressure of trying to stay in the Prem year after year has left us in a poor state. Itll take at least a season to put us on a stable footing, thats being really optimistic.
It would be for the best over the long term if we didnt go back up next season or even get to the playoffs.
If we can unload the high earners and some of the older players, bring in some tidy youngsters and hit mid-table. That would do for me.
2019-2020 is the season to be ambitious.

I stand in the North Stand

Relegation is a gift on 13:27 - Jul 11 with 3677 viewsmichufan

If going down somehow represented a turning point for the club then perhaps *something* good could have come of it - but so far I have seen nothing that indicates relegation being a turning point - quite the opposite - we were struggling in PL and now we are gearing down to be struggling in the Championship as well. No positivity or flair in our outlook only a "stay-adrift" mentally means that Swansea will probably beome the "gift" that keeps on giving for many years to come...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024