Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? 06:27 - May 13 with 9325 viewsBobby_Fischer

"spoke to Levein and Jase, and they get it!"

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 06:46 - May 13 with 6668 viewsphact0rri

Probably finding the fairweather... and trying to decide who they will support next season. Keep in mind most american supporters just picked swansea out of a the twenty clubs in the league.

Honestly seeing some of the US Swansea groups still being active on twitter the way they are has suprised me this last week.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 6:51]

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 07:40 - May 13 with 6584 viewsThornburyswan

Is this some weird cryptic "comments" phase on random threads or are you looking to add some value to the discussions/debate?
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 09:37 - May 13 with 6387 views34dfgdf54

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 06:46 - May 13 by phact0rri

Probably finding the fairweather... and trying to decide who they will support next season. Keep in mind most american supporters just picked swansea out of a the twenty clubs in the league.

Honestly seeing some of the US Swansea groups still being active on twitter the way they are has suprised me this last week.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 6:51]

Tummer will be about next year.

We’ve got some right horrible f*ckers on here mind. Travels half way around the world to watch us play and he still gets stick just because where he’s from.

It’s the ones who own us you should be directing the abuse at.
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 09:39 - May 13 with 6372 viewsSgorioFruit

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 09:37 - May 13 by 34dfgdf54

We’ve got some right horrible f*ckers on here mind. Travels half way around the world to watch us play and he still gets stick just because where he’s from.

100% agreed

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 09:42 - May 13 with 6343 viewsDarran

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 09:37 - May 13 by 34dfgdf54

Spot on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 09:46 - May 13 with 6318 viewsRancid

Was it Tummer who wrote the message on the Supporters page on Facebook this week?

If so you knockers couldnt be further from the truth.He's a JB for life that fella 👏
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 10:29 - May 13 with 6212 viewsnierika

The Stateside Jacks are Swansea til we die.
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 10:34 - May 13 with 6186 viewsBobby_Fischer

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 10:29 - May 13 by nierika

The Stateside Jacks are Swansea til we die.

Cowabunga dude.

Login to get fewer ads

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 12:27 - May 13 with 6002 viewsmajorraglan

Tummer seems like a tidy guy and as has been said he travelled from the States to tak in a couple of games, that’s commitment and support for you.
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 12:33 - May 13 with 5983 viewsDJack

Tummer, Nierika, stAteSwan and Phact0rri ain't going anywhere.

They may not be as prolific in the future but they will still follow us and occasionally post. (As a few have already demonstrated)

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 12:36 - May 13 with 5971 viewsBobby_Fischer

You didn't mention NYCswan (ish) hes the only objective one, i like him. Possibly because NYC is my favourite place!

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 12:47 - May 13 with 5914 viewsDarran

Those Yanks now fuçk all.

Wales Online "talkin' out their a$$" by Davillin 10 Apr 2016 16:31
There's an old U.S. expression, blunt and crude, "talkin' out their ass." Wales Online, in their analysis of the new takeover bid are clearly "talkin' out their ass."

First, they don't know enough to make such grandiose proclamations about how necessary this "deal" is, and how wonderful it is.

"The time for change has come." Nonsense. The club will get directly from the Premier League's new contracts about three times what the suggested sale price will bring, not to the club once again, but to the shareholders. In one year, with similar amounts likely to come into the future. And if the club is sold, the new owners will ultimately benefit from it, not the club.

The event which Wales Online blame for this new bid, is "change was inevitable and it seems, following the breakdown in talks with previous interested US investors, it has now become essential."

What? How is what happened last time causing this "deal"? The suggestion is infuriating.

And this one: "it should be obvious to anyone that nothing lasts forever." I know many posters on here dislike the American sports systems, but there are clubs in all U.S. sports that have lasted a very long time without significant changes. And in the U.K. as well.

And this proposed change will not be for the good of the club, but for the financial benefit of the new -- and I guarantee, brief -- owners.

How's this for a bold prediction? "An exit strategy without the club suffering was always going to be needed, and it seems that point has come." "without the club suffering"? Where'd they get that grand prognostication? The proposed new buyer has a long record of buying, raising re-sale value, selling for a personal profit, then moving on to the next fat cow. Again, we will have zero control over who he sells it to. Maybe Tony Petty again?

How's this one? "Of course, there has been much talk of the vastly improved broadcasting deal which has made surviving this season all the more important. Yet it should be remembered that every club receives those new payments, and will quite possibly only serve to increase wages and the going rates for players." The hidden truth behind this is that, first that money is coming anyway -- sale or no sale -- and that these new "investors," whose money is going to shareholders, with the hint that they will put in substantially more. If they do, you may rest assured that they will do so fully expecting to get it all back, and more, and quickly.

How f*****g' naive can they be and run a newspaper. Perhaps they're not naive after all.

This next one pistmeoff. "Could Swansea have realistically continued as they have done? Perhaps the struggles of this year have suggested not, or not for very long at least." Here, they use a half-season of near-disaster on the pitch to justify selling out. We all know that it was a short series of managing decisions that caused that slump, not the lack of a presumed sugar daddy. Well, we know that, but Wales Online thinks it was the lack of a sugar daddy. That doesn't even qualify as naivete, which is at its essence innocence. It's just false.

Wales Online also justifies the sell-out by arguing ". . . you doubt anyone on high horses regarding shareholders profiting would not struggle themselves to ignore the temptation of setting their families up for life." Well, I'm on my high horse, and all I'd want for my shares is my original investment back, with legal interest. . . . and all of them have had that, multiplied by an astronomical figure.

This next argument is astounding: "There does, however, seem to be not the same strong opposition to this deal compared to that on the table in November 2014." For goddess' sake, it took weeks for supporters to learn the truth about that last scam, and Wales Online publishes this scam-in-itself the very next day after it was announced!

More blindness presented as an argument: "Questions will be asked how loud a voice a 21% shareholder can have in a different boardroom, one where it is not local businessmen and Swans fans, is a valid one. There are suggestions that the new owners are keen for the Trust to remain very much part of things, their role as link between decision-making and the community one of the reasons why Swansea was attractive to them, which should be welcomed and measures put in place — if they are not already — to enshrine this."

21% is nothing to write home to mother about, but Wales Online in its grandiose blindness doesn't realize that! With less than 25%, the Trust can be marginalized by the new owners in an instant, and the Trust's real share made insignificant. Virtually every poster on PlanetSwans knows that, so why doesn't Wales Online? Besides, on that one, supporters must "eat the air, promise-crammed."

And what about the parties to whom these proposed new owners will sell the club when the profit is high enough ? Will they make the same vague promise?

I love this one: "The background of those set to come into the Liberty from the States seems impressive on initial glances, the plans in keeping with that of the club’s careful ways where they have not seen ambition and aversion to risk as mutually exclusive" [emphasis added]. Well, with such a momentous event as this, I would suggest that Wales Online make judgments on more than "initial glances." HeyZeus!

The same short-sightedness almost killed us the last time. The known "investors" have reputations. Wales Online might consider some routine investigative journalism and find out what they are. There were already two posts on PlanetSwans about their past behaviour. Perhaps WalesOnline could upgrade its journalsm by hiring the posters. Or at least read PlanetSwans for better information than "initial glances" or information fed to them by deeply interested parties. The latter practice is roundly criticised.

Most curiously of all, the article's sub-title says that the club are taking "a step into the unknown." A half-truth, because we know where this is going. Buy the club, put the club in debt to make it more valuable (buy stadium and increase seating) then sell it to god-knows-who for a large personal profit, leaving us in that "step into the unknown" [cue music from "The Twilight Zone"].

I don't know about you, but the Premier League isn't worth losing the club. I don't know why some supporters are prepared to be the harlot for slick self-promoting rich guys, who come to Swansea drooling and pawing.

Article at:
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-never-same-again-11162188

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 12:49 - May 13 with 5904 viewsDJack

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 12:36 - May 13 by Bobby_Fischer

You didn't mention NYCswan (ish) hes the only objective one, i like him. Possibly because NYC is my favourite place!

Well spotted.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 16:05 - May 13 with 5699 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Robert, my dwindling to almost non-existent participation on this board lately has nothing to do with being fair weather about the Swans, but everything to do with sentiments like yours.

Still wear my assortment of Swans shirts everywhere I go (to the point that annoys the hell out of my better half), and there are still plenty of other places on social media (Facebook and Twitter) I can participate without facing the abuse I get here. Most of y'all on Planet Swans are great and friendly people, and I'm happy for my friend Dar that he is running the show here now; but life is too short to allow myself to get worked up over the douchebag minority, as I can't help but doing.

And speaking of the douchebags...no, phact0rri, I won't be looking for a new club in August, nor will any of the other Americans who have fallen in love with this club and the city of Swansea. Sorry if this disappoints you as you seem to enjoy loathing your fellow American Swans supporters for whatever bizarre reason, but they are stuck with us. At least in spirit and other places, even if well-intentioned former posters like myself and Davillin more or less avoid Planet Swans now. Pretty dumb and a bit insulting, your assumption that any American supporter simply picked Swansea out of a hat of 20 names to support, and that we would now be finding another club next season. Do you really think if we were glory hunters like 98% of the other American PL supporters, we would have chosen Swansea over one of the "Big 6" clubs in the first place?

My personal assignment is to figure out how to best find access to all the fixtures on the internet next season. ESPN does show some Championship matches, so I will also spend the summer campaigning the message to them that the best American support for any Championship club now belongs to Swansea, so they best give us our due.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 17:01]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 16:16 - May 13 with 5642 viewsJajess

I feel offended. There is never a "where are the Danes now" thread annymore :-( . Now the US boys get one.
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 16:34 - May 13 with 5538 viewsFireboy2

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 16:16 - May 13 by Jajess

I feel offended. There is never a "where are the Danes now" thread annymore :-( . Now the US boys get one.

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:19 - May 13 with 5358 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 09:46 - May 13 by Rancid

Was it Tummer who wrote the message on the Supporters page on Facebook this week?

If so you knockers couldnt be further from the truth.He's a JB for life that fella 👏

I think you are talking about Scott Foster. I (Mike Tumulty) was just one of the replyers to that excellent post that speaks for all of us over here, in spite of what phact0rri wants you to believe:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/4998807899?view=permalink&id=10156113489657900

But thank you to all the posts after the OP and phact0rri; I know they are only the small, dense minority and I shouldn't let it bother me.

Speaking of Facebook, the "Stateside Jacks (Swansea City AFC USA FANS)" closed group is up to 418 now.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:23 - May 13 with 5304 viewsLeonWasGod

Tummer? Tummer told us this would all go to sh*t. You couldn’t find a more ‘anti-Yank’ yank if you tried.
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:28 - May 13 with 5277 viewsGlyn1

A stupid racist post. Davillin was posting here a few hours ago. Tummer is a strong Swans fan, they don't show Championship games in the U.S.

But yes, this is going to hurt us in the States. I doubt if we'll have a pre-season tour there, but I suppose Benidorm is nice.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 17:31]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:31 - May 13 with 5258 viewslondonlisa2001

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:19 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

I think you are talking about Scott Foster. I (Mike Tumulty) was just one of the replyers to that excellent post that speaks for all of us over here, in spite of what phact0rri wants you to believe:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/4998807899?view=permalink&id=10156113489657900

But thank you to all the posts after the OP and phact0rri; I know they are only the small, dense minority and I shouldn't let it bother me.

Speaking of Facebook, the "Stateside Jacks (Swansea City AFC USA FANS)" closed group is up to 418 now.

Tummer, you and I disagree as much as it's possible to disagree about most things.

But you are just taking the flak from supporters that are deeply hurt and angry at what's happened to the club we all love after it was bought by a few of your countrymen. I'm sure people mean nothing personal by it - don't be alarmed! Most of us are far more hurt and ten times more angry at what's been done to us by our own countrymen!

All of us are fans, whenever we started and for whatever reason. Looking forward to locking horns with you again next season about the footie. Less so on other stuff :-)
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:33 - May 13 with 5240 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:23 - May 13 by LeonWasGod

Tummer? Tummer told us this would all go to sh*t. You couldn’t find a more ‘anti-Yank’ yank if you tried.

LOL no, I've been a naive sunshine pumper no doubt, and the close calls and Spring rallies of the last couple seasons almost had me convinced we were divinely bullet proof from relegation. But experience has cured me of all that optimism now I believe.

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:35 - May 13 with 5209 viewsLeonWasGod

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:33 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

LOL no, I've been a naive sunshine pumper no doubt, and the close calls and Spring rallies of the last couple seasons almost had me convinced we were divinely bullet proof from relegation. But experience has cured me of all that optimism now I believe.

Sorry, muddled you up with Dav!!! That’s probably the biggest insult of all
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:44 - May 13 with 5153 viewsJack123

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 16:05 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Robert, my dwindling to almost non-existent participation on this board lately has nothing to do with being fair weather about the Swans, but everything to do with sentiments like yours.

Still wear my assortment of Swans shirts everywhere I go (to the point that annoys the hell out of my better half), and there are still plenty of other places on social media (Facebook and Twitter) I can participate without facing the abuse I get here. Most of y'all on Planet Swans are great and friendly people, and I'm happy for my friend Dar that he is running the show here now; but life is too short to allow myself to get worked up over the douchebag minority, as I can't help but doing.

And speaking of the douchebags...no, phact0rri, I won't be looking for a new club in August, nor will any of the other Americans who have fallen in love with this club and the city of Swansea. Sorry if this disappoints you as you seem to enjoy loathing your fellow American Swans supporters for whatever bizarre reason, but they are stuck with us. At least in spirit and other places, even if well-intentioned former posters like myself and Davillin more or less avoid Planet Swans now. Pretty dumb and a bit insulting, your assumption that any American supporter simply picked Swansea out of a hat of 20 names to support, and that we would now be finding another club next season. Do you really think if we were glory hunters like 98% of the other American PL supporters, we would have chosen Swansea over one of the "Big 6" clubs in the first place?

My personal assignment is to figure out how to best find access to all the fixtures on the internet next season. ESPN does show some Championship matches, so I will also spend the summer campaigning the message to them that the best American support for any Championship club now belongs to Swansea, so they best give us our due.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 17:01]

Looks like these have access to all games, £110 quid tho Think you will need a vpn if based in uk.. https://www.efl.com/iFollow/subscribe/

libera nos a malo

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:48 - May 13 with 5124 viewsLeonWasGod

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 17:33 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

What will you do next year bud? I was in the States for the first half of this season and the NBC Gold streaming package was a lifesaver. I can’t imagine that’ll be an option next year.
Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 18:12 - May 13 with 5047 viewsstAteSwan

Where's Tummer & all the Americans gone? on 12:33 - May 13 by DJack

Tummer, Nierika, stAteSwan and Phact0rri ain't going anywhere.

They may not be as prolific in the future but they will still follow us and occasionally post. (As a few have already demonstrated)

I’m not going anywhere. I’ve tried to stay away today because I feel like an intruder on a funeral. Life as an American supporter is just as tough. The championship has a limited tv situation in the us. 3-4 matches a week, all via paid subscription.

However I am not giving up. On a tough day all you can do is mourn and hope better days lie ahead.

Swan for life! Doesn’t matter what division they are playing in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024