Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Idiots walking in the bike lane. 14:19 - May 13 with 8672 viewsHCMC

Just had a 90 minute walk between the Marina and Mumbles I could not believe how many idiots walk on the side allocated for bicycles walking 3 abreast and taking up the entire bicycle lane when no one is on the pedestrian side.

These people should not be allowed out alone with the danger they are causing I guarantee during the summer there will be many accidents,I saw about 4 close calls today these idiots will only have themselves to blame when they get smashed.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 14:21]
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 14:46 - May 13 with 5110 viewsLeonWasGod

As a cyclist this doesn’t bother me. It’s essentially a shared space, as a white line down the middle of a narrow path isn’t going to segregate people when it’s busy. Cyclist go quicker - we have a duty of care to pedestrians and need to slow speeds when it’s busy and anticiate wandering pedestrians.

It’s why some cyclists go on Mumbles road rather than the path. Then car drivers have a duty of care to the cyclists. Same principle applies imo.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 14:50 - May 13 with 5096 viewsdickythorpe

I bet you're an angel on the road aren't you? Ring your fecking bell you conceited individual
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 14:54 - May 13 with 5083 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 14:46 - May 13 by LeonWasGod

As a cyclist this doesn’t bother me. It’s essentially a shared space, as a white line down the middle of a narrow path isn’t going to segregate people when it’s busy. Cyclist go quicker - we have a duty of care to pedestrians and need to slow speeds when it’s busy and anticiate wandering pedestrians.

It’s why some cyclists go on Mumbles road rather than the path. Then car drivers have a duty of care to the cyclists. Same principle applies imo.

Do you use cycle lanes or do you prefer the outside lane on dual carriageways?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 14:56 - May 13 with 5078 viewsLeonWasGod

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 14:54 - May 13 by JACKMANANDBOY

Do you use cycle lanes or do you prefer the outside lane on dual carriageways?

Lanes are for pussies. Wobbling across all 3 lanes on the M4 is my style!
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 15:43 - May 13 with 4991 viewsHCMC

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 14:50 - May 13 by dickythorpe

I bet you're an angel on the road aren't you? Ring your fecking bell you conceited individual

Ring my bell ? I was walking you fecking idiot.

Read the post if you want to reply.

The bottom line is that the halfwits walking in the bike lane will get hurt
because their own stupidity.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 15:51 - May 13 with 4972 viewsLeonWasGod

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 15:43 - May 13 by HCMC

Ring my bell ? I was walking you fecking idiot.

Read the post if you want to reply.

The bottom line is that the halfwits walking in the bike lane will get hurt
because their own stupidity.

Your subtle divergence from a well worn theme on here has obviously confused some. Cycle lanes seem a far more interesting thing to talk about than this match though.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 15:59 - May 13 with 4945 viewsHCMC

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 15:51 - May 13 by LeonWasGod

Your subtle divergence from a well worn theme on here has obviously confused some. Cycle lanes seem a far more interesting thing to talk about than this match though.

That's the problem on this site some get confused very easily.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 19:24 - May 13 with 4704 viewsAmbergambler

The busiest stretch of the promenade is in Mumbles, and you take your life in your hands along there on a sunny day.

It's about 12ft wide and in that space you get pedestrians walking in both directions and cyclists, kids on scooters etc going both directions. Add to the mix in the summer there's the daft 'Noddy train'.

What other council would allow that, they're a bloody disgrace.
Login to get fewer ads

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 19:30 - May 13 with 4678 viewsswanforthemoney

Live and let live, muns

I stand in the North Stand

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:18 - May 13 with 4619 viewsdickythorpe

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 15:59 - May 13 by HCMC

That's the problem on this site some get confused very easily.

Please accept my apology.
It's a trying time for.us swans fans.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:22 - May 13 with 4605 viewscsf

I'd agree with the op, there are a lot of people walking on the bike side of the path. I would also add though, that there are some moronic cyclists on that path too.

As a cyclist it grinds my gears when you see people with bikes worth thousands of pounds riding for their life on the path. What's the point? At those speeds it doesn't take much to cause an accident and with the amount of people drifting across the line I'm surprised we don't see more.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:23 - May 13 with 4601 viewsJackfath

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:22 - May 13 by csf

I'd agree with the op, there are a lot of people walking on the bike side of the path. I would also add though, that there are some moronic cyclists on that path too.

As a cyclist it grinds my gears when you see people with bikes worth thousands of pounds riding for their life on the path. What's the point? At those speeds it doesn't take much to cause an accident and with the amount of people drifting across the line I'm surprised we don't see more.

Perhaps it would be wise for a speed limit to be introduced on there. If you exceed it then go onto the road.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:53 - May 13 with 4535 viewsjack_lord

Idiots putting a bike lane on a stretch of pavement that people have been strolling on for years. #howtospoilatouristtrap

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:54 - May 13 with 4534 viewsHCMC

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:18 - May 13 by dickythorpe

Please accept my apology.
It's a trying time for.us swans fans.

I apologise to you also.

It is indeed a trying time.

But I still think it’s not to much to ask for walkers
not wander all around the bike lane like zombies.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:58 - May 13 with 4520 viewsPhil_S

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:54 - May 13 by HCMC

I apologise to you also.

It is indeed a trying time.

But I still think it’s not to much to ask for walkers
not wander all around the bike lane like zombies.

I walked from Blackpill to Mumbles last week and was amazed at the difference in size between pedestrian and bike lane.

It really only is common sense for th cyclists to keep a close eye out for people (considering the "lane" is no wider than 2/3 people) and similarly for pedestrians to keep an eye out for bikes

Clearly though the idiot cyclists who were in the walking lane last week riding like zombies would have ground your gears as well ;-)
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:13 - May 13 with 4496 viewscsf

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:58 - May 13 by Phil_S

I walked from Blackpill to Mumbles last week and was amazed at the difference in size between pedestrian and bike lane.

It really only is common sense for th cyclists to keep a close eye out for people (considering the "lane" is no wider than 2/3 people) and similarly for pedestrians to keep an eye out for bikes

Clearly though the idiot cyclists who were in the walking lane last week riding like zombies would have ground your gears as well ;-)

If that last comment was aimed at me,then yes of course they would grind my gears!! I use the path generally for walks with Mrs CSF or if we're looking after our niece so I know what it's like having to look out for the idiot cyclists!

If I'm riding on it I'm usually with a mate and we're on the path because we are chatting which means we won't be going more than 10mph and that's normally fairly early when it's quite quiet.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:14 - May 13 with 4487 viewscsf

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:23 - May 13 by Jackfath

Perhaps it would be wise for a speed limit to be introduced on there. If you exceed it then go onto the road.

Wise probably, practical, unlikely.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:18 - May 13 with 4475 viewsPhil_S

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:13 - May 13 by csf

If that last comment was aimed at me,then yes of course they would grind my gears!! I use the path generally for walks with Mrs CSF or if we're looking after our niece so I know what it's like having to look out for the idiot cyclists!

If I'm riding on it I'm usually with a mate and we're on the path because we are chatting which means we won't be going more than 10mph and that's normally fairly early when it's quite quiet.

I think we are in agreement

And no it wasnt aimed at you
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:19 - May 13 with 4473 viewsbuilthjack

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 19:24 - May 13 by Ambergambler

The busiest stretch of the promenade is in Mumbles, and you take your life in your hands along there on a sunny day.

It's about 12ft wide and in that space you get pedestrians walking in both directions and cyclists, kids on scooters etc going both directions. Add to the mix in the summer there's the daft 'Noddy train'.

What other council would allow that, they're a bloody disgrace.

Don't forget us skateboarders

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 10:48 - May 14 with 4263 viewsmax936

It’s pure madness down there on a nice day, loads walking in what is a small lane, for walkers, then you get cyclists fully geared up for the Tour de France cycling along there like their lives depend on it, crazy individuals indeed.
I’ve used the path whilst cycling down to Mumbles, but when you get to say oystermouth l honestly think it’s safer for all to dismount it’s usually far to busy to cycle, all you need is a little in stepping out into your path and it’s a recipe for disaster IMO.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 10:58 - May 14 with 4253 viewsmoonie

That path is not for serious cyclists merely Sunday cyclists .

Roads are dangerous for cyclists throughout the UK though
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 11:07 - May 14 with 4237 viewsswanjackal

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 14:46 - May 13 by LeonWasGod

Not going to lie, I almost collapsed with shock. A self aware cyclist? I never thought they existed, although kind of ruined it with the last paragraph

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 11:17 - May 14 with 4222 viewsscottishjack

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 10:58 - May 14 by moonie

That path is not for serious cyclists merely Sunday cyclists .

Roads are dangerous for cyclists throughout the UK though

Yep, I agree, I’m not a serious cyclist, I hop on my bike to get from a to b, so I use the promenade. I’m usually on my way back and forward to work so I’m not exactly hurtling along. Likewise, I have no problem with serious cyclists using the road or the promenade and you can generally spot the folks who know what they’re doing in both cases.

My issues are with the folks who decide to cycle on the roads without a clue, and the people who use the prom with absolutely no awareness of others. Dog walkers who decide not to use a lead is a current gripe of mine. Families who walk 5 abreast and look put out if you need to get past, in general, I guess it’s a mixture of cyclists and pedestrians, with a complete lack of common sense being the common denominator.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 11:34 - May 14 with 4202 viewsBatterseajack

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 11:17 - May 14 by scottishjack

Yep, I agree, I’m not a serious cyclist, I hop on my bike to get from a to b, so I use the promenade. I’m usually on my way back and forward to work so I’m not exactly hurtling along. Likewise, I have no problem with serious cyclists using the road or the promenade and you can generally spot the folks who know what they’re doing in both cases.

My issues are with the folks who decide to cycle on the roads without a clue, and the people who use the prom with absolutely no awareness of others. Dog walkers who decide not to use a lead is a current gripe of mine. Families who walk 5 abreast and look put out if you need to get past, in general, I guess it’s a mixture of cyclists and pedestrians, with a complete lack of common sense being the common denominator.

Its a shared use path, clues in the name.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:48 - May 14 with 4055 viewsHCMC

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 11:34 - May 14 by Batterseajack

Its a shared use path, clues in the name.

Which is split in two you thick tw@t.

Another who is easily confused.
[Post edited 14 May 2018 20:49]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024