Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Idiots walking in the bike lane. 14:19 - May 13 with 8502 viewsHCMC

Just had a 90 minute walk between the Marina and Mumbles I could not believe how many idiots walk on the side allocated for bicycles walking 3 abreast and taking up the entire bicycle lane when no one is on the pedestrian side.

These people should not be allowed out alone with the danger they are causing I guarantee during the summer there will be many accidents,I saw about 4 close calls today these idiots will only have themselves to blame when they get smashed.
[Post edited 13 May 2018 14:21]
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 11:55 - May 15 with 2851 viewsBatterseajack

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 20:48 - May 14 by HCMC

Which is split in two you thick tw@t.

Another who is easily confused.
[Post edited 14 May 2018 20:49]

Confused? Thick? Are you saying its not a shared use path?
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 16:34 - May 15 with 2807 viewsFlashberryjack

Cyclists riding on the pavement is just as dull as pedestrians walking in the bike lane.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 17:23 - May 15 with 2789 viewsBatterseajack

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 16:34 - May 15 by Flashberryjack

Cyclists riding on the pavement is just as dull as pedestrians walking in the bike lane.

Bingo
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 17:50 - May 15 with 2779 viewsHCMC

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 16:34 - May 15 by Flashberryjack

Exactly thank god we have someone not easily confused.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 17:50]
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:18 - May 15 with 2741 viewsBanosswan

How about cyclists on the road when there's a cycle path?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:20 - May 15 with 2738 viewsJackfath

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:18 - May 15 by Banosswan

How about cyclists on the road when there's a cycle path?

No issue.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:36 - May 15 with 2725 viewsBanosswan

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:20 - May 15 by Jackfath

No issue.

Not talking about proper cyclists doing more than 16mph. The new converts tootling along at 9.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 23:35 - May 15 with 2694 viewsDJack

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:36 - May 15 by Banosswan

Not talking about proper cyclists doing more than 16mph. The new converts tootling along at 9.

Run them over...job done.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 23:48 - May 15 with 2679 viewslifelong

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 23:35 - May 15 by DJack

Run them over...job done.

Very dangerous, especially for people who are walking with young children, I’m surprised there are not more serious incidents there.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 00:06 - May 16 with 2666 viewsDJack

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 23:48 - May 15 by lifelong

Very dangerous, especially for people who are walking with young children, I’m surprised there are not more serious incidents there.

I agree.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 07:37 - May 16 with 2615 viewsDDCH

I love cycling on the prom, but have to agree that some users have a borderline death wish, coupled with an attitude. The worst culprits are people with dogs. Nearly came off a few weeks back with a woman with three rat type dogs who decided to lunge at me barking. Managed to avoid hitting them and not even an apology, plus she was on the bike side.

I have a hybrid flat bar bike, and agree that the drop handle roadies with their stupid shoes attached to their pedals and dressed in skin tight lycra looking like a magic marker should move to the road. They are too busy trying to beat other strava users sectional times, rather than just enjoy the prom in a safe way.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 08:23 - May 16 with 2602 viewsmoonie

That prom path would be ridiculed by serious cyclists who know full well where to test themselves .

Swansea prom is not the place to strap into cleats and go for it.

It's a pleasant jaunt and no more than that .No sweat is broken .

There is a hatred,however,towards cyclists in this country not seen on the continent .

My own hate is horses on the roads . They simply should not be on town or city roads
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 08:52 - May 16 with 2594 viewscsf

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 07:37 - May 16 by DDCH

I love cycling on the prom, but have to agree that some users have a borderline death wish, coupled with an attitude. The worst culprits are people with dogs. Nearly came off a few weeks back with a woman with three rat type dogs who decided to lunge at me barking. Managed to avoid hitting them and not even an apology, plus she was on the bike side.

I have a hybrid flat bar bike, and agree that the drop handle roadies with their stupid shoes attached to their pedals and dressed in skin tight lycra looking like a magic marker should move to the road. They are too busy trying to beat other strava users sectional times, rather than just enjoy the prom in a safe way.

A few years back I fell off my bike quite badly, all my own fault. The same day another cyclist came in with the same injusries as me, he'd been on the cycle path riding to work I believe and a dog ran out in front him, broken collar bone was the result I think.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 09:42 - May 16 with 2581 viewsPapaLazarou

You shouldn't really be building up any sort of pace whereby you could come off and injure yourself on the prom. But I have to agree that it's a mix of mental cyclists on road bikes with those stupid strap-in shoes, and inconsiderate families and dog walkers taking up both lanes that cause the issues.

A much nicer cycle can be had going up from Blackpill towards Gowerton, stopping off in the Railway in Killay for light refreshments.

Either that, or cycling along Route 43 from the Marina to the Pontardawe Inn. Happy cycling!
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 12:19 - May 16 with 2559 viewsWandererJack

I cycle this route frequently and it is astonishing how many people are simply unaware they're on the wrong side.

The worst is when someone is walking in the walk lane and their dog is the other side of the bike lane with their lead stretching the width of the path.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 12:19]
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:53 - May 16 with 2496 viewsHCMC

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 12:19 - May 16 by WandererJack

I cycle this route frequently and it is astonishing how many people are simply unaware they're on the wrong side.

The worst is when someone is walking in the walk lane and their dog is the other side of the bike lane with their lead stretching the width of the path.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 12:19]

I saw that a few times last week.

Total fecking morons.
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 17:37 - May 17 with 2423 viewsPrivate_Partz

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 21:53 - May 16 by HCMC

I saw that a few times last week.

Total fecking morons.

Very interesting thread. I have used the cycle tracks for years and it is only holiday time and rare sunny days that there are any problems. The lycra brigade are a pain and are giving us decent cyclists a bad name.
Cycle paths are essential though. They have saved countless lives.
The problem is we have a massive increase in cycling yet LA cuts mean we have virally no improvement or development of suitable paths .
They should start by doubling the width of existing tracks. Then developed the 'quick wins' so more cyclists have acess to cycle tracks.
The payback is a healthier nation and less pressure on roads and public transport.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 17:48 - May 17 with 2417 viewsJackfath

I often cycle and walk on these routes.

I often have to slow or stop. It's part of being a member of society and learning to get along with other. Tolerance. Some people are just so angry.

I suggest everyone just relaxes and the whole world would be a far more pleasant place for all.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 22:32 - May 17 with 2373 viewsdickythorpe

Wise.words.fath. Everyone out for themselves though nowadays. No personalities or.characters out there..selfish and greedy all around us
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 08:00 - May 18 with 2341 viewssquarebear

It would be great if path users kept to their own sides, of course. Equally it would be great if cyclists learned to sound their bells when approaching other path-users at speed. It’s unnerving when cyclists fly past your shoulder at circa 15 mph .
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 22:53 - May 20 with 2265 viewsmax936

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 07:37 - May 16 by DDCH

Loads out yesterday kitted out for the Tour de France and thinking they were taking part in some time trial, dangerous as fuk IMO

I had a nice leisurely ride, except my Mrs hadn't ridden a bike properly for 40yrs and couldn't get comfortable with the gears or seating position, she wanted to be able to plant her feet flat on the floor when stopped so I lowered the seat to enable her to do so, then her thighs were hurting and I said its not helping with the seat being so low, ended up altering the seat about half a dozen times, then we had gear issues she couldn't get to grips with trying to keep in the right gear to keep the chain straight,

I let her go on whilst I kept a uni cyclist company, turns out that he's a test rider for Yamaha motorcycles and writes articles for the bikes, he wasn't a youngster either, great taking to him, he's off to the TT later this week to compete in the Classic's race and said to me that every motorcyclist enthusiast should go to at least on TT event to sample it all, I've never really fancied it. but I may think about now after talking to that chap, very knowledgeable chap fair play.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 09:14 - May 21 with 2208 viewsmoonie

Max.
He s right.
Get the feck over there .
I used to stay in Ramsey and watch from Rhencullen,Gooseneck and Hillberry .

You have to plan where to watch as ,in some places,they will be a blur. In others ,like Ramsey hairpin, you ll be right close and almost see the whites of their eyes as they crawl around you. It's evocative stuff.

If you go up to the Mountain areas,like the Bunglaow, you ll see them coming for miles .Its an awesome sight .however ,the weather is unpredictable and it's very exposed. Think Pen Y Fan ..

You ll meet countless people from all over the world and will always be making new friends. Locals welcome you with open arms. Great people .

Mad Sunday? I did that but wouldn't advise it at all.

Stay in a bar and watch m.

You can also go from Heysham if you re scared of being robbed,raped or beaten up in Liverpool
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 09:14 - May 21 with 2208 viewsmoonie

Max.
He s right.
Get the feck over there .
I used to stay in Ramsey and watch from Rhencullen,Gooseneck and Hillberry .

You have to plan where to watch as ,in some places,they will be a blur. In others ,like Ramsey hairpin, you ll be right close and almost see the whites of their eyes as they crawl around you. It's evocative stuff.

If you go up to the Mountain areas,like the Bunglaow, you ll see them coming for miles .Its an awesome sight .however ,the weather is unpredictable and it's very exposed. Think Pen Y Fan ..

You ll meet countless people from all over the world and will always be making new friends. Locals welcome you with open arms. Great people .

Mad Sunday? I did that but wouldn't advise it at all.

Stay in a bar and watch m.

You can also go from Heysham if you re scared of being robbed,raped or beaten up in Liverpool

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 09:51 - May 21 with 2192 viewsWanderer

There's a Queen song here somewhere...
Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 18:15 - May 21 with 2146 viewsmax936

Idiots walking in the bike lane. on 09:51 - May 21 by Wanderer

There's a Queen song here somewhere...

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024