Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 Positives about being relegated 17:24 - May 13 with 4749 viewsGlyn1

It's not the end of the world. If, when we were promoted, we'd been offered seven seasons we would have grabbed it with both hands.

1. We'll win more than the 8 matches that we did this season. Travelling a couple of hundred miles to a match we knew we would lose (and back again afterwards) was never pleasant. Now for one season at least we'll be the big boys.
2. It will give opportunities for the reserves to break through.
3. Playing 46 matches rather than 38 gives an extra 12 hours of game time to cheer the Swans.
4. Bristol City is now our nearest rival instead of West Brom ... less travelling.
5. Er ... London Lisa will now be able to stroll to the Fulham ground and me to Brentford, both nice clubs.
6. We'll get to see Routledge and Dyer for another season. Thanks to jackfath for suggesting this.
7. ....... OK, I've got nothing. Any ideas?
[Post edited 13 May 2018 20:49]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

10 Positives about being relegated on 18:27 - May 13 with 1707 viewsjackharris

Oi Glyn1,Bloody Ferdy...

https://planetswans.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/223512/the-official-positive-jackhar

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

10 Positives about being relegated on 20:56 - May 13 with 1599 viewsGlyn1

10 Positives about being relegated on 17:26 - May 13 by moonie

More Northern games though.

Blackpool overnighter for Prearon and Blackburn fixtures

Stay over in Blackpool for a Blackburn match? I would never have thought of that.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

10 Positives about being relegated on 21:27 - May 13 with 1573 viewslondontaffia

We’ll be the biggest club in the championship by a country mile! No longer a small fish in a big pond, we’ll be the pike in with a load of carp! It’s gonna be amazing....

Except maybe Villa....

And maybe Leeds.....

Sheffield Wednesday aren’t as big as us anymore are they?

Boro/Derby - we are definitely bigger and better, right?

Poll: How loyal are you really?

10 Positives about being relegated on 21:32 - May 13 with 1560 viewsSwansea93

We get to see Monk and Clement again?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

10 Positives about being relegated on 22:34 - May 13 with 1524 viewsTummer_from_Texas

For PL fantasy football players, no moral conundrum of having to start players in your lineup when they face the Swans.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

10 Positives about being relegated on 22:38 - May 13 with 1512 viewsLoyal

10 Positives about being relegated on 18:01 - May 13 by Joe_bradshaw

An extra 12 hours of game time?

Just as I was starting to feel a bit better you have to hit me with that.

Is there no end to my suffering?

Took us well over that to score 1 goal this season 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

10 Positives about being relegated on 22:50 - May 13 with 1486 viewsswanforthemoney

There will be fewer postings complaining about so-called plastics.

I stand in the North Stand

10 Positives about being relegated on 22:52 - May 13 with 1478 viewsswanforthemoney

10 Positives about being relegated on 21:27 - May 13 by londontaffia

We’ll be the biggest club in the championship by a country mile! No longer a small fish in a big pond, we’ll be the pike in with a load of carp! It’s gonna be amazing....

Except maybe Villa....

And maybe Leeds.....

Sheffield Wednesday aren’t as big as us anymore are they?

Boro/Derby - we are definitely bigger and better, right?

Yes and Forest only won two European Cups. Tiny club.

I stand in the North Stand

Login to get fewer ads

10 Positives about being relegated on 22:54 - May 13 with 1468 viewsshenleymun

Is there a £20 away ticket policy in the Championship?

Just typical if we end up paying more at Preston than at Man U. Mind you if we get promoted there again, it will be worth whatever it costs...
10 Positives about being relegated on 10:45 - May 14 with 1379 viewsSoberBaker

No more electronic advertising hoardings.

Not only that, we can sell them to the vermin for a couple of shillings.

Win win

AMOW

10 Positives about being relegated on 10:53 - May 14 with 1369 viewsLeonWasGod

10 Positives about being relegated on 17:45 - May 13 by pencoedjack

Happy for you but personally trips to Norwich & Ipswich are the worst

I’m saying I won’t do either again but we will probably clinch promotion mid April at one # positive

On the plus side, Ipswich away was the only time Beattie looked like repaying some of his transfer fee. We did well against them last time we were matched up in the Chumpionship. And it's easier to get to than Norwich (relatively). And Norwich had Grant Holt - another reason to not like them.
10 Positives about being relegated on 11:07 - May 14 with 1347 viewspencoedjack

10 Positives about being relegated on 18:06 - May 13 by Cooperman

Aye, one of those games coincided with my wife’s birthday and she didn’t appreciate 12 hours in a car as one of her presents.

Very ungrateful of her Coops
10 Positives about being relegated on 11:08 - May 14 with 1347 viewsWxmJax

Been looking at ticket prices, possibly £45 plus for Wednesday/Leeds so won't be going there then. Thankfully Derby, Preston and Forest are all in the mid £20's, hell of a price difference.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

10 Positives about being relegated on 11:16 - May 14 with 1325 viewspencoedjack

10 Positives about being relegated on 11:08 - May 14 by WxmJax

Been looking at ticket prices, possibly £45 plus for Wednesday/Leeds so won't be going there then. Thankfully Derby, Preston and Forest are all in the mid £20's, hell of a price difference.

A forward thinking newly relegated club might say we will keep the 20 is plenty offer & subsidies supporters.

I live in hope
10 Positives about being relegated on 11:18 - May 14 with 1319 viewsJack11

No homemade signs asking for [insert player] shirt/boots/jockstrap
10 Positives about being relegated on 11:25 - May 14 with 1299 viewsgrfn

10 Positives about being relegated on 22:34 - May 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

For PL fantasy football players, no moral conundrum of having to start players in your lineup when they face the Swans.

This!
I came second in our friends league because i always rotated Salahs, Sterlings and Lukakus of FPL world when they were about to face Swansea, i never wanted to jinx it.

From my perspective:
I'm probably a plastic in the eyes of 90% of you, as i only follow Swans for about 4-5 years, but thats why i'm kinda excited now, after being depressed during whole last week.
As you can calculate, i got into Swansea during around that 2013-2014 campaign, and since them we lost most of the games we played, so i never really experienced the season where we are favorites, where we are the big boys. I dont take finishing TOP6 next season for granted, but there is a fine chance we can do it.

Also i dont think that in Championship we would take beatings like this 5-0 from City, when we had like 18% of possession. During that game I got convinced, that we just simply doesn't belong there, who enjoyed that kind of game, without even remotely acting like we can compete?

I'm excited for new season and with a bit of luck and good decisions we may average more that one goal per game, something we were not even remotely close to this season...
10 Positives about being relegated on 11:29 - May 14 with 1294 viewsomarjack

10 Positives about being relegated on 11:25 - May 14 by grfn

This!
I came second in our friends league because i always rotated Salahs, Sterlings and Lukakus of FPL world when they were about to face Swansea, i never wanted to jinx it.

From my perspective:
I'm probably a plastic in the eyes of 90% of you, as i only follow Swans for about 4-5 years, but thats why i'm kinda excited now, after being depressed during whole last week.
As you can calculate, i got into Swansea during around that 2013-2014 campaign, and since them we lost most of the games we played, so i never really experienced the season where we are favorites, where we are the big boys. I dont take finishing TOP6 next season for granted, but there is a fine chance we can do it.

Also i dont think that in Championship we would take beatings like this 5-0 from City, when we had like 18% of possession. During that game I got convinced, that we just simply doesn't belong there, who enjoyed that kind of game, without even remotely acting like we can compete?

I'm excited for new season and with a bit of luck and good decisions we may average more that one goal per game, something we were not even remotely close to this season...

You're not a plastic :)
Better to be a jack later..than never.

you're plastic if you don't support them in the Champs though.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

10 Positives about being relegated on 11:30 - May 14 with 1290 viewsJack11

Not a plastic - you can’t help when you were born, when you moved to the city, when a mate introduced you to it etc. I moved here 12 years ago, was taken to a match by a colleague and make no apologies for supporting the Swans since that point and can count on one hand how many Home matches I’ve missed in that period. Good on you!
10 Positives about being relegated on 11:59 - May 14 with 1267 viewsWarwickHunt

10 Positives about being relegated on 18:05 - May 13 by Jackfath

We get to see Dyer and Routledge for another season.

We would have done anyway...
10 Positives about being relegated on 12:23 - May 14 with 1232 viewsBeezer

10 Positives about being relegated on 11:25 - May 14 by grfn

This!

From my perspective:

I'm just a footy fan and go to my nearest ground which happens to be Cardiff half a dozen times a season. I've always supported Welsh clubs over English, anyway the positives I can see are something realistic to aim for in the Championship i.e top six, no poncy overpaid mercenaries, a chance to clear out and build afresh and each game is winnable. Good luck to you all, the championship is not as bad as you think.
10 Positives about being relegated on 13:20 - May 14 with 1200 viewsTaliesin

Surprized so many expect us to bounce straight back up because we'll be the big boys.
1. We still won't be the big boys
2. we're far more likely to do a Sunderland and be in league one for 19/20 where we will be one of the bigger clubs - at least we'll be the empty shell of a bigger club

One positive is that we won't see Tammy fckin Abraham - although he'll probably be available from Barnet or somewher by the time we hit league 2 in 21/22
10 Positives about being relegated on 13:41 - May 14 with 1179 viewsmoonie

10 Positives about being relegated on 20:56 - May 13 by Glyn1

Stay over in Blackpool for a Blackburn match? I would never have thought of that.

Straight down 66 on to 55.

It's down at heel but Blackpool saw very good turn outs from Swansea fans .

Great fans there too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024