Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next realistic manager? 22:03 - May 13 with 13348 viewsSwansea93

Coleman and Potter favourites on SkyBet with Laudrup 6/1.

You can get Laudrup @ 33/1 with Paddy Power.

Who do you want to come in realistically?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Next realistic manager? on 09:43 - May 14 with 2714 viewsShaky

Next realistic manager? on 09:33 - May 14 by jasper_T

He doesn't seem to know what to do with the squad, and it's going to be very different come August anyway.

He's not got a good reputation for signings. Wednesday fans tend to feel he wasted a lot of money and made their squad worse over time.

Knowing the league isn't a unique quality. We really need to be taking this chance to walk away without having to pay compensation for a change.

Think I all depends on the priorities.

If the objective is to try to bounce straight back then he is not the right man.

However, in my view the best plan is to get rid of all the deadwood, bring wages sharply under control, then have ample funds to invest for next year and the year after. Targeting promotion in '20 or '21.

On that basis I don't think you can really afford to wait until a new manager is installed and the players have been back from their holidays for a few weeks so he can take a good look at them, before starting to off-load.

There just isn't time for that.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Next realistic manager? on 09:46 - May 14 with 2691 viewsSTID2017

Next realistic manager? on 09:43 - May 14 by Shaky

If the objective is to try to bounce straight back then he is not the right man.

However, in my view the best plan is to get rid of all the deadwood, bring wages sharply under control, then have ample funds to invest for next year and the year after. Targeting promotion in '20 or '21.

On that basis I don't think you can really afford to wait until a new manager is installed and the players have been back from their holidays for a few weeks so he can take a good look at them, before starting to off-load.

Agree stability is the aim next season
However I don't think he knows his players as well as we believe, I don't think he'd make the right choices in signings and he hasn't got intelligent support from a DOF who actually knows what he's doing.
I'd get someone in the mould of Mick McCarthy in.
Needs to be hard and ruthless

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Next realistic manager? on 09:50 - May 14 with 2692 viewsjasper_T

Does Carlos strike you as a man with a plan at the moment, though?

Our outgoings are going to depend far more on the players, their agents, and other clubs than who our manager wants to see stay/go. Hopefully Kaplan & Levein accept the first dozen offers that come their way and get as many out the door as possible.
Next realistic manager? on 09:57 - May 14 with 2664 viewsShaky

Next realistic manager? on 09:50 - May 14 by jasper_T

Does Carlos strike you as a man with a plan at the moment, though?

Our outgoings are going to depend far more on the players, their agents, and other clubs than who our manager wants to see stay/go. Hopefully Kaplan & Levein accept the first dozen offers that come their way and get as many out the door as possible.

To be honest i haven't been following his utterances in any particular detail.

However, he was parachuted in with the side in a pretty hopeless situation. Given the ensuing seat of the pants rescue mission and his inability to actually do anything about the make-up of the squad, I find it hard to fault him for a lack of planning at this stage.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Next realistic manager? on 10:06 - May 14 with 2632 viewsJango

Next realistic manager? on 09:46 - May 14 by STID2017

However I don't think he knows his players as well as we believe, I don't think he'd make the right choices in signings and he hasn't got intelligent support from a DOF who actually knows what he's doing.

Mick McCarthy is an awful manager. We never needed ruthless mouthy idiots before. We need a tactical genius who commands respect from the players. I can see Toshack and Britton having a big role tho.
Next realistic manager? on 10:13 - May 14 with 2614 viewsymaohyd

Due to working away regularly haven't had a season for a few years.

That's changed now and am in a position to get a season again.

If Carlos is in charge i won't though. He has done a reasonable job, however him staying will represent that the club is in a complete mess.

Jenkins goes, new structure put in place, new manager, recruitment sorted i'll be there.

Sadly i don't think the Americans have a clue and worst of all are looking to Jenkins for guidance.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Next realistic manager? on 10:26 - May 14 with 2576 viewspembsjack

After reading what shef weds fans have to say about Carlos, if you think we are going to change and take the championship by storm with attacking football, your mistaken.
Next realistic manager? on 12:42 - May 14 with 2502 viewsPaulNich0801

Realistic and very sensible post.
Login to get fewer ads

Next realistic manager? on 16:56 - May 14 with 2345 viewsSTID2017

Next realistic manager? on 10:06 - May 14 by Jango

Mick McCarthy is an awful manager. We never needed ruthless mouthy idiots before. We need a tactical genius who commands respect from the players. I can see Toshack and Britton having a big role tho.

We need a manager with the gumption to stand up to HJ or whoever and say what players they need and make sure they get them, not an inferior alternative.
No more yes men please.

Next realistic manager? on 17:08 - May 14 with 2314 viewslondonlisa2001

Next realistic manager? on 09:57 - May 14 by Shaky

To be honest i haven't been following his utterances in any particular detail.

However, he was parachuted in with the side in a pretty hopeless situation. Given the ensuing seat of the pants rescue mission and his inability to actually do anything about the make-up of the squad, I find it hard to fault him for a lack of planning at this stage.

He had a transfer window remember. The decisions made then were his.
Next realistic manager? on 17:17 - May 14 with 2274 viewsFireboy2

Ive heard that lee johnson the bristol city manager waa in the directors box yesterday

Id have him in a flash
Next realistic manager? on 17:20 - May 14 with 2253 viewsmoonie

A new chairman is is actually moe crucial as Jenkins clearly acts as poison and he needs lancing .

New manager needs to be brave ,bold and focused

Bilic for me ,all day lon
Next realistic manager? on 17:21 - May 14 with 2246 viewsDippy

Next realistic manager? on 09:46 - May 14 by STID2017

Yeah.. get average mick in.. he'll take us back to the promise land..

What are you all drinking..

If anyone, it's John Toshack.. don't know if age is on his side.. and whether his eyes are still up to it.. but he knows what players to look for.. because he's been at the pinnacle of football.

Poll: Cooper Out

Next realistic manager? on 17:25 - May 14 with 2232 viewsjackjackjackjack

Next realistic manager? on 17:21 - May 14 by Dippy

Yeah.. get average mick in.. he'll take us back to the promise land..

What are you all drinking..

If anyone, it's John Toshack.. don't know if age is on his side.. and whether his eyes are still up to it.. but he knows what players to look for.. because he's been at the pinnacle of football.

We're not "at the pinnacle of football", we're in the Championship. We need a manager who knows the league, to get us out.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Next realistic manager? on 17:27 - May 14 with 2213 viewsjasper_T

Next realistic manager? on 17:25 - May 14 by jackjackjackjack

We're not "at the pinnacle of football", we're in the Championship. We need a manager who knows the league, to get us out.

Most exciting league in the world, mate.
Next realistic manager? on 17:29 - May 14 with 2203 viewsDippy

Next realistic manager? on 17:25 - May 14 by jackjackjackjack

Jesus.. nah.. let's turn down the best, and get in Neil Warnock & Magic Mick.. because they know the league..

What an average view..

Wolves won the league without breaking sweat..

World Class manager in.. f*cking romped the league..

Next realistic manager? on 17:33 - May 14 with 2196 viewsjackjackjackjack

Next realistic manager? on 17:29 - May 14 by Dippy

Jesus.. nah.. let's turn down the best, and get in Neil Warnock & Magic Mick.. because they know the league..

What an average view..

How much did Wolves spend on transfers?

How much are we likely to spend on transfers?

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Next realistic manager? on 17:43 - May 14 with 2154 viewsDippy

Next realistic manager? on 17:33 - May 14 by jackjackjackjack

How much did Wolves spend on transfers?

How much are we likely to spend on transfers?

About 35 million all together..

Our wage bill is now around 30 million with a 53 million windfall and player sales..

Sell Mawson for 20-30 million

Next realistic manager? on 18:40 - May 14 with 2090 views34dfgdf54

Just listened to Lee Johnson on BBC Bristol, was on from 6. Didn’t sound like he was leaving. Putting his plan together tomorrow with Bristol City Chairman whose very ambitious etc.

Was he deffo at the game? Not seen no one mention on here, but few people on twitter saying he was 100% in directors box
Next realistic manager? on 18:47 - May 14 with 2059 viewsShaky

Next realistic manager? on 17:08 - May 14 by londonlisa2001

He had a transfer window remember. The decisions made then were his.

Carlos came up with the bright idea of signing Andre Ayew for £20 million?

Sorry but I find that hard to believe.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Next realistic manager? on 19:07 - May 14 with 2013 viewsYossarian

Next realistic manager? on 08:23 - May 14 by PawelAbbott

I’d bring in Marco Silva. He is available but could probably get a Premiership job

Good shout- but apparently thy went back to Carlos when someone 5heyd been counting on told them No.
I think we need to face up to the fact that the reputation of this club is now toxic. Seven managers in three years.... who would want it other than the desperate or stupid?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Next realistic manager? on 19:42 - May 14 with 1958 viewsmonmouth

Next realistic manager? on 18:40 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

Just listened to Lee Johnson on BBC Bristol, was on from 6. Didn’t sound like he was leaving. Putting his plan together tomorrow with Bristol City Chairman whose very ambitious etc.

Was he deffo at the game? Not seen no one mention on here, but few people on twitter saying he was 100% in directors box

I think we’ve got to accept that we are not a particularly attractive proposition anymore, certainly not compared to Brizzle City under Lansdown or Fulham, or for Silva. We have to find someone more innovative than that. Christ knows how, but we do. And not a number 2 from a club with superb players like Clement neither. It has to be someone that can really coach players to get better at playing football and not just another ‘shape’ Badgetw*t.

We’re pretty much f*cked actually. Maybe shithouse Carvalhal is the best we can do while we try and get our act together.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Next realistic manager? on 19:55 - May 14 with 1922 viewscentrestandswan

"Ive heard that lee johnson the bristol city manager was in the directors box yesterday ."

Probably looking to see if Bambi has improved since his last stint at the Gate.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Next realistic manager? on 22:13 - May 14 with 1771 viewsSTID2017

Next realistic manager? on 17:29 - May 14 by Dippy

What an average view..

Turn down the best ?
Do you honestly believe that any top (or not so top) managers will be queuing at our door waiting for the chance to join our disaster of a club ATM .
I could just imagine the interview :
Do I get to choose who comes and goes - no I (Jenkins) do that
What will my budget be ? - depends whose available for around £ 5 million.
Do I get to keep my top players - sorry, wevhavevto sell those to balance the books
What do I actually get to manage ? - how are with a kettle ?

Far more attractive propositions around than us.
Be realistic - even Neil Warnock would have to think hard about coming here.
Trouble is, we feel we are entitled to a gifted manager, rather than a run of the mill one - why ? Because we are Swansea City ?
Sorry but that ship has sailed

Next realistic manager? on 22:19 - May 14 with 1743 viewsItchySphincter

CC is not to blame. Could have done better, debatable, but it’s a sh!t sandwich whichever way you slice it.

Give him next season, if he consolidates and shows promise it’s the best we can hope for. Any new appointment is another stab in the dark.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024