Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next realistic manager? 22:03 - May 13 with 13326 viewsSwansea93

Coleman and Potter favourites on SkyBet with Laudrup 6/1.

You can get Laudrup @ 33/1 with Paddy Power.

Who do you want to come in realistically?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Next realistic manager? on 22:24 - May 14 with 2494 viewsmonmouth

Next realistic manager? on 22:19 - May 14 by ItchySphincter

CC is not to blame. Could have done better, debatable, but it’s a sh!t sandwich whichever way you slice it.

Give him next season, if he consolidates and shows promise it’s the best we can hope for. Any new appointment is another stab in the dark.

To be fair he'd probably at least keep us up, which is probably the main target in the overall state we have got ourselves in on and off the field.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Next realistic manager? on 22:55 - May 14 with 2429 viewsDippy

Next realistic manager? on 22:13 - May 14 by STID2017

Turn down the best ?
Do you honestly believe that any top (or not so top) managers will be queuing at our door waiting for the chance to join our disaster of a club ATM .
I could just imagine the interview :
Do I get to choose who comes and goes - no I (Jenkins) do that
What will my budget be ? - depends whose available for around £ 5 million.
Do I get to keep my top players - sorry, wevhavevto sell those to balance the books
What do I actually get to manage ? - how are with a kettle ?

Far more attractive propositions around than us.
Be realistic - even Neil Warnock would have to think hard about coming here.
Trouble is, we feel we are entitled to a gifted manager, rather than a run of the mill one - why ? Because we are Swansea City ?
Sorry but that ship has sailed

I don't know where you're off mate.. we have 120 million windfall in 3 years..

30 million wage bill
120 million windfall
30 million commercial revenue in 3 years

150 million we're going to receive in 3 years.. that's almost nailed on.

Poll: Cooper Out

Next realistic manager? on 22:57 - May 14 with 2421 viewsDJack

Next realistic manager? on 22:19 - May 14 by ItchySphincter

CC is not to blame. Could have done better, debatable, but it’s a sh!t sandwich whichever way you slice it.

Give him next season, if he consolidates and shows promise it’s the best we can hope for. Any new appointment is another stab in the dark.

Colour me surprised. I'd have thought that you would want him gone after the last 1/2 dozen games, performance wise.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Next realistic manager? on 22:59 - May 14 with 2416 viewsjasper_T

Handing Carvalhal a contract after the last few months of complete capitulation would be criminal.
Next realistic manager? on 23:13 - May 14 with 2381 viewsAmbergambler

Next realistic manager? on 09:03 - May 14 by pembsjack

Wouldn't be surprised d if it's Carlos but which ever underwhelming manager we choose, I wouldn't be surprised if he squeezes Leon onto to management team in the hope the fans put their anger to one side

I think we need a new everything - manager, team (apart from Fabs), and owners.
Next realistic manager? on 23:15 - May 14 with 2377 viewsswanaway

Next realistic manager? on 09:46 - May 14 by STID2017

Agree stability is the aim next season
However I don't think he knows his players as well as we believe, I don't think he'd make the right choices in signings and he hasn't got intelligent support from a DOF who actually knows what he's doing.
I'd get someone in the mould of Mick McCarthy in.
Needs to be hard and ruthless

I live in Ipswich and Town fans hated McCarthy with a passion.
Next realistic manager? on 23:44 - May 14 with 2331 viewsmajorraglan

Next realistic manager? on 22:55 - May 14 by Dippy

30 million wage bill
120 million windfall

There is no windfall, information out there on line shows that for 2016/17 season Swansea City had a wage bill of £92m. It was around 11th or 12th highest. Huddersfield, Brighton and Burnley had wage bills of around £11, £11m and £33m.

I
The reason parachute payments were introduced was to help clubs make the transition from the PL to the Championship without immediately encountering financial difficulties. There are potentially some serious issues ahead re balancing the books unless there are relegation clauses in the players contracts.
Next realistic manager? on 23:48 - May 14 with 2321 viewshobo

Next realistic manager? on 23:44 - May 14 by majorraglan

There is no windfall, information out there on line shows that for 2016/17 season Swansea City had a wage bill of £92m. It was around 11th or 12th highest. Huddersfield, Brighton and Burnley had wage bills of around £11, £11m and £33m.

I
The reason parachute payments were introduced was to help clubs make the transition from the PL to the Championship without immediately encountering financial difficulties. There are potentially some serious issues ahead re balancing the books unless there are relegation clauses in the players contracts.

We have relegation clauses. Always have done. That wage bill will be cut massively
Login to get fewer ads

Next realistic manager? on 00:05 - May 15 with 2292 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Next realistic manager? on 23:48 - May 14 by hobo

We have relegation clauses. Always have done. That wage bill will be cut massively

It's why some of the useless cnts like ki have b*ggered off already. Naughton has put in a transfer request too. I wonder who will be next ?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Next realistic manager? on 00:05 - May 15 with 2292 viewsmajorraglan

Next realistic manager? on 23:48 - May 14 by hobo

Let’s hope so. I seem to recall the club had stopped using them -I hope I am mistaken.
Next realistic manager? on 00:23 - May 15 with 2266 viewsmajorraglan

According to the media it looks like Sam Allardyce is being lined up for the axe and Everton are looking to bring in Marco Silva.

Allardyce could probably rebuild the team with a view to having a tilt at promotion, but I don’t think he would be popular with the fans. I don’t think it would bother the owners though if he could deliver PL football and the money that goes with it.
Next realistic manager? on 00:35 - May 15 with 2258 viewsa_Swanderful_life

Next realistic manager? on 09:34 - May 14 by WarwickHunt

Not to mention two dreadful wing backs...

what about Kenny jacket? he never gets the praise he deserves and as assistant leon to make sure we maintain the Swansea way.
it doesn't have to be a choice between coleman (up and at them) and carlos (the joker who turned into a clown). that's like being given the choice of a night of painful diarrhea or a night with a Cardiff girl while her family watch Jeremy kyle in the same room.
carlos did well but his bottle went and bringing out stats hes better than clement shows hes a fool.
I don't think the americans will ever understand the Swansea way, they have investors to repay and having replaced premiere league with championship, stage 2 will be to replace championship with league 1 players, while pocketing the transfer fees and parachute payments.
Next realistic manager? on 02:36 - May 15 with 2214 viewsSwan91

Martinez (not likely)
Laudrup (would be interesting)
or Carlos (with a better recruitment) only if we can't get any of the managers above to help us. and if he doesn't play 3 cb's and goes to a similar way to how we used to play (which could be possible if we sell players and bring in new players who fit the system)

definitely not Coleman

the only way I would want a new manager to come in... is if he is known to play similar to the swansea way.. there is a big risk of getting a new manager in.. because we really need to go back to the PL as fast as possible.
Next realistic manager? on 22:35 - May 16 with 2011 viewsSwansea93

Coleman 7/4

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Next realistic manager? on 22:41 - May 16 with 1981 viewsmonmouth

If we appoint someone like Coleman, we know that the club is finished.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Next realistic manager? on 23:20 - May 16 with 1890 viewsmajorraglan

With Arsenal, Everton, West Ham along with West Brom (potentially) in the Championship looking at a new manager there is likely to be movement in the food chain. Arsenal will have a top manager from somewhere which will create a ripple effect and the impact will be felt wider across the leagues.

Swansea have moved away from its footballing philosophy and I am not sure which way things will go, as I believe the owners will take a pragmatic approach to try and regain the PL spot. They may take a risk, but they may go for “tried and trusted.”

Anybody thing they would go for Nigel Pearson?
Next realistic manager? on 01:03 - May 17 with 1751 viewsJonathans_coat

Next realistic manager? on 22:41 - May 16 by monmouth

Sorry but for me Cookie is a failed manager.

His only real successful spell was with Wales (and fair play it was an amazing run). But even then it started awfully and after the great period over the Euro 2016 qualifying and tournament, fell away badly.

As a club manager he did sort of okay initially with Fulham, but since then it’s been one disaster after another.
Next realistic manager? on 01:06 - May 17 with 1748 viewsomarjack

Paul Hartley?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Next realistic manager? on 01:40 - May 17 with 1720 viewsLoyal

Next realistic manager? on 01:06 - May 17 by omarjack

Paul Hartley?

Fly fishing ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Next realistic manager? on 04:36 - May 17 with 1674 viewsE20Jack

Potter is the man I want here, fresh ideas, nice record and could be another Brendan. We need some life and some youth in the dugout.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Next realistic manager? on 06:30 - May 17 with 1618 viewsSTID2017

Next realistic manager? on 22:55 - May 14 by Dippy

30 million wage bill
120 million windfall

Seems that the last few years have shown you nothing.
I don't imagine for one second that we are going to have a huge budget to spend on players.
Any new manager is going to be a good wheeler dealer, able to sell high and buy cheap.
It seems each time we need a new manager, people on here (and elsewhere) laugh or moan and say "We don't want them here"
Big Sam, Moyes, Warnock, Pearson have all done well for their respective clubs recently, all IMO would have kept us up, but they wouldn't be wanted here (not that they'd come, apart from maybe Pearson)

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Next realistic manager? on 06:40 - May 17 with 1609 viewsraynor94

Next realistic manager? on 22:41 - May 16 by monmouth

If we appoint Coleman my st is up for sale, it will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt Jenkins has totally lost his marbles

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Next realistic manager? on 07:22 - May 17 with 1543 viewsSTID2017

Next realistic manager? on 06:40 - May 17 by raynor94

If we appoint Coleman my st is up for sale, it will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt Jenkins has totally lost his marbles

I agree.
Of all the managers available, he would be by far the worst choice.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Next realistic manager? on 07:47 - May 17 with 1487 viewsbuilthjack

Next realistic manager? on 04:36 - May 17 by E20Jack

Potter is the man I want here, fresh ideas, nice record and could be another Brendan. We need some life and some youth in the dugout.

Would he bring his assistant, Billy Reid in with him? Swansea wanted Billy as Manager 8 or 9 years ago.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Next realistic manager? on 07:56 - May 17 with 1459 viewsmagicdaps10

I agree with E20 here, Graham Potter for me.

He was never going to get the gig in the Prem but the champ is perfect for him. Done wonders in Sweden and will know and be happy working within the market we are in.

Young, ambitious and likes his team to play football but also likes them to put a shift in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024