Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owners next step.. 12:12 - May 14 with 1832 views34dfgdf54

What would be the plan now? I don't want replies like "take the parachute payments", because they can't do it.

I remember Phil saying last year when it looked like we were down, it would be within their best interests for us to make a big challenge on coming straight back up. What else can they do to save their investment? We have hardly any assets here on the playing staff, Mawson at £20m? Few others for £5-6m, nothing to make up for costs involved in relegation.
Owners next step.. on 12:17 - May 14 with 1819 viewsomarjack

we'll sell enough players for around 50 m and use about 20-25 m (including loans) on new signings and use the rest to lessen the shock.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Owners next step.. on 12:25 - May 14 with 1778 viewsswanjackal

I'd say a priority would be to offload anyone north of £30k a week, although I doubt there will be many takers for some of those players, especially when we could not even get teams to pay full wages for players on loan when Prem players, let alone those in the Championship.

The wage bill has to be their first priority. Sell what they can, and then look to reduce through loans. But as said, I don't see a lot of players generating interest (Mawson (solely on hype)and Fabianski aside). Andre Ayew and Bony have to be priority one on moving on, and hopefully someone will take a punt on past reputation.

I personally don't think the Swans will struggle next year with the base squad we would be left with, although creativity has to be addressed.

My concerns with the drop, have been the same ones since we decided to give Michu that huge wage rise mid season, that wages would cripple a small club like ours if we were to go down. Still stands to this day, and that is why I hope the staff wages drastically drop over the next couple of seasons, as I don't see the club having great prospects at long term survival unless they do. I shudder at the thought of the state of the accounts every time they are released. I have zero confidence that Jenkins, and holdovers, who got us into the position (even before the takeover, which they almost forced to be a necessity due to poor financial management), could get us back to a semi balanced state.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Owners next step.. on 12:27 - May 14 with 1769 viewsomarjack

Owners next step.. on 12:25 - May 14 by swanjackal

I'd say a priority would be to offload anyone north of £30k a week, although I doubt there will be many takers for some of those players, especially when we could not even get teams to pay full wages for players on loan when Prem players, let alone those in the Championship.

The wage bill has to be their first priority. Sell what they can, and then look to reduce through loans. But as said, I don't see a lot of players generating interest (Mawson (solely on hype)and Fabianski aside). Andre Ayew and Bony have to be priority one on moving on, and hopefully someone will take a punt on past reputation.

I personally don't think the Swans will struggle next year with the base squad we would be left with, although creativity has to be addressed.

My concerns with the drop, have been the same ones since we decided to give Michu that huge wage rise mid season, that wages would cripple a small club like ours if we were to go down. Still stands to this day, and that is why I hope the staff wages drastically drop over the next couple of seasons, as I don't see the club having great prospects at long term survival unless they do. I shudder at the thought of the state of the accounts every time they are released. I have zero confidence that Jenkins, and holdovers, who got us into the position (even before the takeover, which they almost forced to be a necessity due to poor financial management), could get us back to a semi balanced state.

Most of our players who would stay (Naughton,Olsson,Carroll,Dyer,Clucas etc) have significant relegation clauses that will drop their wages 40-50% as well.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Owners next step.. on 12:28 - May 14 with 1754 viewsHighjack

I would hope their next step is off one of those planks over shark infested waters but we can't have everything in life.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Owners next step.. on 12:28 - May 14 with 1750 viewsProfessor

They can't, despite what may be claimed, take the payments. Given the stadium lease then the option of a quick return would be more sensible. The other choice is to trim down and become Ipswichesque Championship Perennials.

I have no doubt there will be multiple exits (whether or not we want to keep the individual) that should reduce wage costs. Recruitment has to be right starting with the manager. We could use some more experience in the team (hence the Williams return mooted elsewhere is not so crazy). We need a striker who scores We need recruitment that will include loanees who will make a difference. Tammy did OK at times but Renato was, sadly, a disaster. Finally we need a dog or two. We have a powder puff midfield. Andy King was the nearest we have to a championship-type player.
Owners next step.. on 12:30 - May 14 with 1742 viewsPaulNich0801

Owners next step.. on 12:17 - May 14 by omarjack

we'll sell enough players for around 50 m and use about 20-25 m (including loans) on new signings and use the rest to lessen the shock.

If you think that I believe you are sadly mistaken.

We will still have to pay the dross we can't sell and there will be a few of those and they won't want to make any effort in the Championship as they won't want to be there. Next season will be all about the owners minimising their outgoings just as Tan did with the vermin. Even this season when the vermin got promoted it was on a shoestring budget and achieved because of the Warnock factor only. Where we going to find a Warnock?

We could well do a Sunderland.
Owners next step.. on 12:31 - May 14 with 1724 viewsswan65split

parachute payments
Owners next step.. on 12:34 - May 14 with 1714 viewsTom1912

Owners next step.. on 12:27 - May 14 by omarjack

Most of our players who would stay (Naughton,Olsson,Carroll,Dyer,Clucas etc) have significant relegation clauses that will drop their wages 40-50% as well.

When we first came up, the standard clause was 33%.

Hopefully they increased that in recent years to match the exponential rise in wages though.
Login to get fewer ads

Owners next step.. on 12:35 - May 14 with 1706 viewsswanjackal

Owners next step.. on 12:31 - May 14 by swan65split

parachute payments

To be fair, I'd trust Emile Cilliers more with the "parachutes" than our current board.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Owners next step.. on 12:36 - May 14 with 1698 viewsBobby_Fischer

Risca, did you support us before the PL?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Owners next step.. on 12:41 - May 14 with 1676 viewsTaliesin

They'll sell anything they can get £5mill+ for and will replace almost entirely from the U23 squad and will accept relegations to wherever that team will take us.

The Fairwood and Landore facilities will be woulnd down and sold

They will stay for as long as it is profitable to do so stripping everything they can as they go.

The good news is that the Trust will hopefully be able to buy the husk - hopefully before we hit the conference
Owners next step.. on 12:45 - May 14 with 1658 views34dfgdf54

Owners next step.. on 12:36 - May 14 by Bobby_Fischer

Risca, did you support us before the PL?

Yes long before and if you ever fancy meeting up to share stories of times past then lets do it fella.
Owners next step.. on 12:46 - May 14 with 1656 viewsPaulNich0801

Owners next step.. on 12:41 - May 14 by Taliesin

They'll sell anything they can get £5mill+ for and will replace almost entirely from the U23 squad and will accept relegations to wherever that team will take us.

They will stay for as long as it is profitable to do so stripping everything they can as they go.

The good news is that the Trust will hopefully be able to buy the husk - hopefully before we hit the conference

A bit of a tongue in cheek of a post I suspect but scaringly probably near to the truth!!
Owners next step.. on 12:48 - May 14 with 1632 viewsTaliesin

Owners next step.. on 12:46 - May 14 by PaulNich0801

A bit of a tongue in cheek of a post I suspect but scaringly probably near to the truth!!

Actually, not too tongue in cheek.

I've always been a glass half full kind of guy
Owners next step.. on 12:49 - May 14 with 1622 viewsBobby_Fischer

Owners next step.. on 12:45 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

Yes long before and if you ever fancy meeting up to share stories of times past then lets do it fella.

I have family in New Tredegar? I'm in Madrid for a few days tomorrow but will happily have a beer in Risca, no malice intended?
[Post edited 14 May 2018 12:51]

Owners next step.. on 12:50 - May 14 with 1605 views34dfgdf54

Owners next step.. on 12:49 - May 14 by Bobby_Fischer

I have family in New Tredegar? I'm in Madrid for a few days tomorrow but will happily have a beer in Risca, no malice intended?
[Post edited 14 May 2018 12:51]

Pop on down for a pint any time.

Edit - Just seen your post, just gimme a shout when your about.
[Post edited 14 May 2018 12:55]
Owners next step.. on 12:54 - May 14 with 1578 viewsProfessor

Owners next step.. on 12:41 - May 14 by Taliesin

There is no one to buy them-the University co-own Fairwood. Who would buy Landore?

You can only sell if you have a buyer. They are assets only for a sports team.
Owners next step.. on 12:55 - May 14 with 1565 viewsBobby_Fischer

Owners next step.. on 12:50 - May 14 by 34dfgdf54

Pop on down for a pint any time.

Edit - Just seen your post, just gimme a shout when your about.
[Post edited 14 May 2018 12:55]

Halfway, The Coach in Brigend?

Owners next step.. on 12:55 - May 14 with 1553 views34dfgdf54

Owners next step.. on 12:55 - May 14 by Bobby_Fischer

Halfway, The Coach in Brigend?

Never been there but i'll have a gander.
Owners next step.. on 12:57 - May 14 with 1534 viewsBobby_Fischer

Its nice!

Owners next step.. on 12:59 - May 14 with 1522 viewsTaliesin

Owners next step.. on 12:54 - May 14 by Professor

There is no one to buy them-the University co-own Fairwood. Who would buy Landore?

You can only sell if you have a buyer. They are assets only for a sports team.

Then they withdraw financial support from Fairwood as far as they are able and mothball Landore whilst trying to sell the site for whatever they can get.
Owners next step.. on 14:01 - May 14 with 1401 viewsProfessor

Owners next step.. on 12:59 - May 14 by Taliesin

Then they withdraw financial support from Fairwood as far as they are able and mothball Landore whilst trying to sell the site for whatever they can get.

I would doubt the University would allow it-even Swansea ( a small uni) has a turnover near 300 million a year and is running at a 20-40 million annual surplus. They have big financial muscle these days.
Owners next step.. on 14:06 - May 14 with 1375 viewsLoyal

They cant take all they parachute payments, but they can take some. There are ways round it of course, they can asset strip by selling tools like Fernandez, pretend they are reinvesting, which they won't and because there's too many cnts in our support nothing will be done, just the minority.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Owners next step.. on 15:04 - May 14 with 1245 viewsKilkennyjack

According to the walesonline site, the difference is between this seasons £97m and next seasons parachute enhanced at £53m.
Thats a lot of cuts.
And before any debt is addressed (ready for a sale ?).

It gets far worse then season by season...unless we do bounce back.

Beware of the Risen People

Owners next step.. on 16:07 - May 14 with 1098 viewsBobby_Fischer

Owners next step.. on 14:06 - May 14 by Loyal

They cant take all they parachute payments, but they can take some. There are ways round it of course, they can asset strip by selling tools like Fernandez, pretend they are reinvesting, which they won't and because there's too many cnts in our support nothing will be done, just the minority.

Oh f*ck off you dwarf.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024