Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. 13:06 - May 14 with 104762 viewsomarjack

LAST UPDATE: (1 September 2018) (worst case scenario)

-Alfie Mawson:15 £ (done)

-Sam Clucas:6 £ (done)

-Roque Mesa:5.5 £ (done)

-Lukasz Fabianski:7 £ (done)

-Kyle Bartley:4 £ (done)

-Federico Fernandez:6 £ (done)

-Jordi Amat:1 £ (done)

-Andre Ayew:1.3 £ (loan) (done)

-Jordan Ayew:(loan) (done)

-Borja Baston:(loan) (done)

-Ki Sung-Yueng (contract ended)

-Leon Britton (retired)

-Angel Rangel (contract ended)

TOTAL SALES:45.8 £

Signings:

1-Bersant Celina:3 £

2-Joel Asoro:2 £

3-Barrie McKay:0.5 £

4-Declan John:0.8 £

5-Carter-Vickers:(loan)

6-CMF:(loan)

7-CF:(loan)

TOTAL:6.3 £

Net spend: - 39.5 £

-It's also worth mentioning that Graham Potter's compensation is said to be worth 8 m kronas which is worth 680.000 £

*Note:Some deals might be loans or free transfers.

Our squad should look like:

3-5-2

---------------------Bony/Asoro------------McBurnie/Narsingh------------

-----------Celina/Dhanda----------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John---------------Fer/Fulton-----------------Roberts/Naughton

---------Carter-Vickers-------Van der Hoorn---------Rodon-------

---------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder---------------------

4-3-3

------------------------------------McBurnie/Bony--------------------

--------Montero/McKay------------------------------------------Asoro/Narsingh-------

----------------------------------------Celina/Dhanda----------------------------

---------------------------Fer/Fulton--------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John--------Careter-Vickers/Rodon---------Van der Hoorn-------Roberts/Naughton

----------------------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder------------------------------------

+ other academy players like Byers ,Maric,etc could step in..and Dyer and Routledge.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 22:53]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:23 - Jun 17 with 3385 viewssome_bloke

SWANSEA. Want Arter to leave Bournemouth and lead them back to the Prem ... shrewd idea ... bit in paper

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:26 - Jun 17 with 3375 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:21 - Jun 17 by 34dfgdf54

Sorry if a Ferdy..

Alan Nixon tweet: SWANSEA. Also chasing targets in Sweden ... Ghoddos at Potter's old club Ostersunds and striker Mrabti at Djurgaardens ... bit in paper

Normally reliable

Kerim Mrabti is considered the "Swedish Eden Hazard". sounds promising.

Although Newcastle are interested. Should cost less than 2 m according to reports.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:29 - Jun 17 with 3371 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:26 - Jun 17 by omarjack

Kerim Mrabti is considered the "Swedish Eden Hazard". sounds promising.

Although Newcastle are interested. Should cost less than 2 m according to reports.

Hope we don’t flood squad with players from over there though.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:32 - Jun 17 with 3368 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:29 - Jun 17 by 34dfgdf54

Hope we don’t flood squad with players from over there though.

True,Ghoddos and Sema maybe,but to me that's it (unless very cheap with true promise)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:39 - Jun 17 with 3348 viewsmagicdaps10

Arter would be a terrific signing. Knows the league, cracking footballer.

Mrabti is an interesting one, talented and a good age. If we can move on a lot of the deadwood then a handful of surprise packages like this lad is worth a try....will come relatively at a good price and wages.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:48 - Jun 17 with 3337 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:23 - Jun 17 by some_bloke

SWANSEA. Want Arter to leave Bournemouth and lead them back to the Prem ... shrewd idea ... bit in paper

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko

Bournemouth rejected West Ham advances in January. And Bournemouth wanted close to 15 m for him. We won't pay that. And I don't want us to on f*cking Harry Arter. We already have Sam Clucas as the "good Championship midfielder" that cost twice as much as he's worth.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:02 - Jun 17 with 3318 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:39 - Jun 17 by magicdaps10

Arter would be a terrific signing. Knows the league, cracking footballer.

Mrabti is an interesting one, talented and a good age. If we can move on a lot of the deadwood then a handful of surprise packages like this lad is worth a try....will come relatively at a good price and wages.

I’d go as far as saying I would make him Captain straight away. Would be a big signing and a big voice in the changing room.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:07 - Jun 17 with 3311 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:02 - Jun 17 by 34dfgdf54

I’d go as far as saying I would make him Captain straight away. Would be a big signing and a big voice in the changing room.

For real?

I've seen enough Bournemouth in the last 3 years to know he's not much better than Clucas or Fer (as Championship players).

With whatever fee Bournemouth will ask we can probably get a way better player from overseas.

Look at Ruben Neves for example. If we want to splash big money we need to be ambitious. Not to do a Clucas all over again. Now that we're a Championship club,spending 15 m on a flop would ruin us.

Login to get fewer ads

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:18 - Jun 17 with 3292 viewsthornabyswan

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:07 - Jun 17 by omarjack

For real?

I've seen enough Bournemouth in the last 3 years to know he's not much better than Clucas or Fer (as Championship players).

With whatever fee Bournemouth will ask we can probably get a way better player from overseas.

Look at Ruben Neves for example. If we want to splash big money we need to be ambitious. Not to do a Clucas all over again. Now that we're a Championship club,spending 15 m on a flop would ruin us.

West Ham were considering a 10 million move not seen any reports of 15 million.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a loan with Fabianski going the other way on the cheap
He is on a 4 year contract at Bournemouth why would he sign for a championship club on a permanent deal.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:45 - Jun 17 with 3269 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:07 - Jun 17 by omarjack

For real?

We are not going to be signing players in the class of Reuben Neves, we haven’t got the cash.

Arter would be the type of player Potter goes for in my opinion, good character and a leader on and off the pitch. I haven’t seen a price mentioned though, if it’s £15mill then I’d ageee with you. We simply can’t risk spending that sort of money on anyone in the Championship in my opinion.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 11:48]
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:50 - Jun 17 with 3263 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:45 - Jun 17 by 34dfgdf54

We are not going to be signing players in the class of Reuben Neves, we haven’t got the cash.

Arter would be the type of player Potter goes for in my opinion, good character and a leader on and off the pitch. I haven’t seen a price mentioned though, if it’s £15mill then I’d ageee with you. We simply can’t risk spending that sort of money on anyone in the Championship in my opinion.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 11:48]

imo the most we should spend is 8-9 m on a single signing. And it obviously has to be kind of a bargain price. Not an inflation of the player's actual value (like Clucas who's worth half of what we paid for him)

And imo this 8-9 m shouldn't be spent on Arter. It seems like nothing but constant recycling and very lazy scouting. We want this money to buy actual young quality signing (probably from a different league as we all know English clubs inflate their players values)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:15 - Jun 17 with 3190 viewsSwansea93

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/11385291/harry-arter-hints-his-futu

Not long ago he said his future may be elsewhere, this rumour may have some legs to it.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:50 - Jun 17 with 3156 viewsjasper_T

I hope not.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 07:54 - Jun 19 with 2976 viewsomarjack

It seems likely that Wolverhampton won't pursue a permanent deal for Leo Bonatini. With Raul Jimenez arriving on loan.

He was their main centre-forward last season. Scoring 12 goals which of course contributed in their superb season that saw them finishing 1st. Guaranteeing them an automatic promotion to the PL.

Bonatini is now back to his parent club Al Hillal in Saudi Arabia. Who bought him for 5 m 2 seasons ago.

The Saudis are likely to sell for around 7-8 m. Should we swoop in? or do we have a higher ambition than that?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:10 - Jun 19 with 2962 viewsomarjack

In other news. We're interested in bringing RB James Tavernier (27) from Rangers.

Although he can play as a CB. He's almost always been used a RB.

Reports are saying that Rangers would sell for as little as 3 m (even though I find that unlikely because he's one of their best performers and they've just signed Katic and Goldson for 2 m and 3 m respectively,it's not likely they would let their star defender for a fee as small as this)

Another problem is..Gerrard and his superiors will obviously use McBurnie going the other way as a bait. We'll end up with Tavernier and a couple extra millions and without a prolific striker.

Imo. I might be wrong to many. But right now the funds should not be wasted on a RB. Having Roberts and Naughton should be good for the Championship. We should focus the funds on attack and midfield creativity. And try to retain as many defenders as we can.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:36 - Jun 19 with 2917 viewsjackjackjackjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:50 - Jun 17 by omarjack

imo the most we should spend is 8-9 m on a single signing. And it obviously has to be kind of a bargain price. Not an inflation of the player's actual value (like Clucas who's worth half of what we paid for him)

And imo this 8-9 m shouldn't be spent on Arter. It seems like nothing but constant recycling and very lazy scouting. We want this money to buy actual young quality signing (probably from a different league as we all know English clubs inflate their players values)

I highly doubt we'll be paying £9m for a player, we're in the Championship. Look at previous relegated clubs, and the players they've signed, mainly loans and frees...

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:40 - Jun 19 with 2912 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:36 - Jun 19 by jackjackjackjack

I highly doubt we'll be paying £9m for a player, we're in the Championship. Look at previous relegated clubs, and the players they've signed, mainly loans and frees...

Middlesbrough bought Assombalonga for 15 m last season? and many other pricey players.

Aston Villa bought McCormack for about 11 m in the first season since relegation.

Newcastle bought Gayle for 10 m.

I'm not saying we'll do any of that..I'm just saying sometimes clubs do buy expensive signings immediately after relegation.

Plus,in today's market..9 m isn't a "big signing"..even for a Championship level it's considered a decent signing but not more. Even Huw probably knows that now.

Hell..even Nottingham Forest just smashed their transfer record for some Portuguese nobody for 13.5 m.

Times are changing.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:59 - Jun 19 with 2889 viewsomarjack

Russian club Amkar Perm was officially liquidated (I'm not sure if this is the right term of what happened) point is it ceased to exist and all of the players were released.

What caught my attention is that Bryan Idowu (Nigerian international who's a part of the World Club squad) is a free agent now..he's 26 and plays mostly as a RB (although he played as LB against Croatia 2 days ago)

I haven't seen the match. And I've never heard of the guy before..but doesn't he look like he deserves some consideration? Especially since he'll be for free.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:43 - Jun 19 with 2868 viewsjackjackjackjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:40 - Jun 19 by omarjack

Middlesbrough bought Assombalonga for 15 m last season? and many other pricey players.

Aston Villa bought McCormack for about 11 m in the first season since relegation.

Newcastle bought Gayle for 10 m.

I'm not saying we'll do any of that..I'm just saying sometimes clubs do buy expensive signings immediately after relegation.

Plus,in today's market..9 m isn't a "big signing"..even for a Championship level it's considered a decent signing but not more. Even Huw probably knows that now.

Hell..even Nottingham Forest just smashed their transfer record for some Portuguese nobody for 13.5 m.

Times are changing.

And last season Hull and Sunderland bought? We're not Middlesbrough, Aston Villa or Newcastle.

Again, I'll be surprised if we pay £9m for a player.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:28 - Jun 19 with 2831 viewsAustinIsOurHero

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:59 - Jun 19 by omarjack

Russian club Amkar Perm was officially liquidated (I'm not sure if this is the right term of what happened) point is it ceased to exist and all of the players were released.

What caught my attention is that Bryan Idowu (Nigerian international who's a part of the World Club squad) is a free agent now..he's 26 and plays mostly as a RB (although he played as LB against Croatia 2 days ago)

I haven't seen the match. And I've never heard of the guy before..but doesn't he look like he deserves some consideration? Especially since he'll be for free.

I wouldn't be looking at any Nigerian defenders out of their squad. Have looked hapless in their warm up's and their opening game.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 06:33 - Jun 20 with 2717 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:09 - Jun 11 by hobo

I honestly don't think we would've gone down with The Panther leading the line. Wouldn't have needed to re-sign Wilf either on an even heftier pay packet
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 15:10]

Makes me wince even contemplating how much we've lost on both those players. 29 from 33 after he left us? For 2 million? I think I'm going to have a lie down in a darkened room.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 07:23 - Jun 20 with 2679 viewsKerouac

Updating my previous post (sorry if this offends anyone, just like to use pre-season threads like this to order my thoughts as we go along)....

New Manager

Graham Potter (I reckon he's perfect...needs time, 2/3 seasons, and backing)

Sell

Lukasz Fabianski - £7m

Federico Fernandez - £6m...we might keep hold of him it seems, hope so.

Alfie Mawson - £25m
(should stay in the Championship with us imo, lots still to learn but there we are)

Jordi Amat - £4m
(We should try and keep him but it looks like he'll have an option in Spain and wants it)

Roque Mesa - £8m
(Would love him to stay though)

Players we actually seem to be trying to move on...

Wilfried Bony - £F*ck knows
(AEK Athens, allegedly)

Roque Mesa - £6-8m

Lukasz Fabianski - £7m

Jordan Ayew - £12m

Andre Ayew - £?

Kyle Naughton - ?

Likely Squad (based on what we know thus far)

Goalkeepers

1) Kristoffer Nordfeldt
2) Erwin Mulder

Right-back
3) Kyle Naughton
4) Connor Roberts

Left-back
5) Martin Olsson
6) ????????????

Centre-back
7)Federico Fernandez
8) Mike Van der Hoorn
9) Kyle Bartley
10) Joe Rodon / Cian Harries?

Defensive Midfield
11) Jay Fulton
12) ?????????????

Box to box Midfielder
13) Leroy Fer
14) Sam Clucas

Playmaker
15) Tom Carroll
16) ?????????????

Right-wing
17) Luciano Narsingh
18) Nathan Dyer

Left-wing
19) Ken Sema - Seems a likely transfer
20) Yann Dhanda

Striker
21) Wilfried Bony (Target man)
22) Oliver McBurnie (Poacher)
23) Saman Ghoddos (No.10/Attacking Mid) - Seems nailed on...will he play in midfield or replace outgoing Striker/s though?

Wildcards
24) Daniel James
25) George Byers
26) Steven Benda (3rd choice Keeper)

Players I think we need

1) Centre-half
Someone experienced. A leader. A calm head. A captain. (If we keep Fernandez maybe move Bartley on to accommodate this player)

2) Left-back
Again...Someone experienced. A leader. Ideally someone who could fill in at Centre-Back if required also.
If we get the right player Olsson would be freed up as an option further forward.

Newspaper links: Jordi (the Ecuadorian ex-Real Madrid youngster) ?

3) Defensive Midfielder
Someone experienced. A leader. Add to the shopping list; works his nuts off, is aggressive, does the simple things well.
Though if we can't find such a player who wants to play for us we could do a lot worse than Ethan Ampadu.

Newspaper links: Harry Arter & Ben Godfrey (Norwich City youngster)

4) Playmaker / No. 10
Someone high energy, young and hungry. Someone who can get among the goals, someone who takes risks, someone who is cocky/arrogant and lives for shutting up critics mouths.
Harry Wilson on loan?

Newspaper Links: Kerim Mrabti the Swedish "Eden Hazard".

Players we seem to be signing (according to the media at least)

5) Right-Back (Kyle Naughton replacement?)
Rangers' versatile 26yr old, James Tavernier

6) Left-wingers
Two of them! Ken Sema and Yann Dhanda

7) Right-Winger
Will Huw swoop for Albert Adomah after what seems like 8 years of following him around forlornly.

8) Striker
Potter seems to be hoping to move on Bony and the Ayews and replace with one Saman Ghoddos from his old club Ostersunds

Players we have actually signed

...ummm

Players we have actually sold/released

1) Ki Seung-Yeung - £0
2) Angel Rangel - £0
3) Leon Britton - £0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:16 - Jun 21 with 2549 viewsSwansea93

Danny ings apparently been told he can leave Liverpool, he'd be a terrific signing for us in the Championship, him and McBurnie up front.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:27 - Jun 21 with 2511 viewsalbert_munich

Warmly warm world cup soccer world in russia, my subscription television station just broadcast broadcast delay ... curious with the latest news of the world cup in Russia ... finally there is a solution .... I'm streaming in https://worldcup2018.streamingvfhd.schule/
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:35 - Jun 21 with 2497 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:16 - Jun 21 by Swansea93

Danny ings apparently been told he can leave Liverpool, he'd be a terrific signing for us in the Championship, him and McBurnie up front.

He gets injured if you blow on him. Avoid at any cost imo. His wages will be too huge and he'll be constantly unfit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024