Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. 13:06 - May 14 with 106181 viewsomarjack

LAST UPDATE: (1 September 2018) (worst case scenario)

-Alfie Mawson:15 £ (done)

-Sam Clucas:6 £ (done)

-Roque Mesa:5.5 £ (done)

-Lukasz Fabianski:7 £ (done)

-Kyle Bartley:4 £ (done)

-Federico Fernandez:6 £ (done)

-Jordi Amat:1 £ (done)

-Andre Ayew:1.3 £ (loan) (done)

-Jordan Ayew:(loan) (done)

-Borja Baston:(loan) (done)

-Ki Sung-Yueng (contract ended)

-Leon Britton (retired)

-Angel Rangel (contract ended)

TOTAL SALES:45.8 £

Signings:

1-Bersant Celina:3 £

2-Joel Asoro:2 £

3-Barrie McKay:0.5 £

4-Declan John:0.8 £

5-Carter-Vickers:(loan)

6-CMF:(loan)

7-CF:(loan)

TOTAL:6.3 £

Net spend: - 39.5 £

-It's also worth mentioning that Graham Potter's compensation is said to be worth 8 m kronas which is worth 680.000 £

*Note:Some deals might be loans or free transfers.

Our squad should look like:

3-5-2

---------------------Bony/Asoro------------McBurnie/Narsingh------------

-----------Celina/Dhanda----------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John---------------Fer/Fulton-----------------Roberts/Naughton

---------Carter-Vickers-------Van der Hoorn---------Rodon-------

---------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder---------------------

4-3-3

------------------------------------McBurnie/Bony--------------------

--------Montero/McKay------------------------------------------Asoro/Narsingh-------

----------------------------------------Celina/Dhanda----------------------------

---------------------------Fer/Fulton--------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John--------Careter-Vickers/Rodon---------Van der Hoorn-------Roberts/Naughton

----------------------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder------------------------------------

+ other academy players like Byers ,Maric,etc could step in..and Dyer and Routledge.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 22:53]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:36 - Jun 21 with 3509 viewsjasper_T

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:16 - Jun 21 by Swansea93

Danny ings apparently been told he can leave Liverpool, he'd be a terrific signing for us in the Championship, him and McBurnie up front.

Him and Bony would cover 1/3 of a season, what do we do for the rest of it?
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:19 - Jun 24 with 3332 viewsomarjack

World Cup potential players:

I've made a lovely list of players from the world cup who are within budget and would be a good fit for the Championship..

Iceland:

-Bjarnason:I've always like this guy whenever I see him,hard working and gets himself in good places specially from flanks. Aston Villa are in financial sh!t which means we could possibly swoop in. Problem is he's already 30.

-Gunnarson:A Viking like warrior who likes to do throw ins as if he's launching the hammer of Thor himself. Most of you lot wouldn't want a Cardiff player hanging around here but tbh I don't give a sh!t about that. He's be a good asset for us in midfield. Strong and experienced.

Tunisia:

-Dylan Bronn:We're linked to him,A lovely CB who could very much impress at our "next level"..he's only 23 and learning. Might be a little bit too costy for our standards though.

-Yohan Benalouane:Experience and leadership. Leicester would certainly want to offload for very cheap. But wages could be a real stump.

Nigeria:

-Troost-Ekong:I'm impressed with Nigeria,they're physical with pace and energy and could very much cut it in the championship. And Troost-Ekong their CB has caught my eyes. He plays with Bursaspor in Turkey and would see a move with us as an improvement no doubt. Could cost around 5 m though.

-Bryan Idowu:RB..His Russian club Amkar Perm was liquidated therefore all players were released. Could be a very good freebie to challenge Olsson.

Iran:

-Ghoddos:We've talked enough about him.

-Beiranvand:A lovely GK who could very much be Nordfeldt's replacement should he leave.

Sweden:

-Marcus Berg:Had a superb season in the UAE despite being 31. An obstacle would be his enormous Arab wages.

-Isaac Thelin: Was one of the top goalscorers in the Belgian league last season which earned him a call to the World Cup. Might cost around 6-7 m though. Still young and can only improve.

-Albin Ekdal:A tidy midfielder who plays for Hamburg who were relegated to the Bundesliga 2. His wages might be troublesome. Although I think he was impressive.

-Claesson:I rate him. Although he might think the Championship is a bit beneath him as he plays fro Krasnodar in Russia.

-Helander:I like this guy since I saw him playing for Bologna. Reminds me a bit of VDH.

Poland:

-Pazdan:An experienced CB who plays for Legia Warczawa..he's 30. Perhaps not the best moment to talk about Poland's defence after the thrashing they've received from Colombia.

-Grosicki:Hull are keen to sell. I kind of like him. He's done well in the Championship too.

Australia:

-Trent Sainsbury:Aston Villa are keen on the CB. I think he's ok. Not really a remarkable prospect.

Egypt:

-Amr Warda:He's not that good or anything. But hard working and had a great season in Greece playing for Artimitos or whatever the hell it's called as I'm not bothered to google it.

Japan:

-Gen Shoji:A good CB.

[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 8:41]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:41 - Jun 26 with 3242 viewsomarjack

We've been linked with Zinho Gano,a 24 years old CF who plays for Oostende in Belgium.

The Belgian club wants to offload Gano off their wage bill and they're willing to let their most precious player for 2.2 m only (2.5 m euros)

His scoring record is decent. Last term he scored 12 goals in 34 league games (play offs included)

The season before that he scored 11 goals in 36 league matches.

Before that he scored 10 goals in 34.

He's been very consistent and injury free as well. He could be a very good CF back-up if we decide not to pursue Kerim Mrabti.

Although Swansea are facing direct competition from Stoke for his signature.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:27 - Jun 26 with 3199 viewsmagicdaps10

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:41 - Jun 26 by omarjack

We've been linked with Zinho Gano,a 24 years old CF who plays for Oostende in Belgium.

The Belgian club wants to offload Gano off their wage bill and they're willing to let their most precious player for 2.2 m only (2.5 m euros)

His scoring record is decent. Last term he scored 12 goals in 34 league games (play offs included)

The season before that he scored 11 goals in 36 league matches.

Before that he scored 10 goals in 34.

He's been very consistent and injury free as well. He could be a very good CF back-up if we decide not to pursue Kerim Mrabti.

Although Swansea are facing direct competition from Stoke for his signature.

Mrabti is not a centre forward mind. Some sites have him down as a centre forward but he is certainly an attacking midfielder who can play across that front 3.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:03 - Jun 26 with 3112 viewsthornabyswan

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:27 - Jun 26 by magicdaps10

Mrabti is not a centre forward mind. Some sites have him down as a centre forward but he is certainly an attacking midfielder who can play across that front 3.

Fenerbahce want Narsingh reports Wales on line.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 21:22 - Jun 26 with 3025 viewssdh1412

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:36 - Jun 21 by jasper_T

Him and Bony would cover 1/3 of a season, what do we do for the rest of it?

And just how would we afford his wages ?
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 21:25 - Jun 26 with 3019 views34dfgdf54

Kenji Gorre has just announced he’s leaving. Not sure where.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:29 - Jun 26 with 2987 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:03 - Jun 26 by thornabyswan

Fenerbahce want Narsingh reports Wales on line.

Bad news..

I'm just starting to warm up to the idea of having him in the squad for the next season as I think he could really be a good,pacy option from the wings.

And The Turks want a loan deal with an option to buy for 5 m euros in 2019/2020..Terrible for us really. Problem is he might be persuaded to an Istanbul move as they're likely to offer him close to double what we can offer him after relegation clause deduction.

Login to get fewer ads

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:43 - Jun 26 with 2973 viewsomarjack

El Arbi Hillel Soudani..Algerian international. 30 years old.

Arguably the best player in the Croatian league (plays for Dinamo Zagreb) for many years now. Plays mainly as a RW although could play on the left and as a CF as well.

He averages more than 15 goals and about 10 assists per 30 matches.

Apparently he's very close to join Nottingham Forrest who are building up for a serious promotion push this season. The Croats are willing to sell for around 3 m which is a very convincing price.

AlthoughI think it's too late to swoop in now as Nottingham will probably announce him within the next 2 weeks or so..i still mentioned him because I have too much time on my hands..

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:46 - Jun 26 with 2970 viewsmajorraglan

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:29 - Jun 26 by omarjack

Bad news..

I'm just starting to warm up to the idea of having him in the squad for the next season as I think he could really be a good,pacy option from the wings.

And The Turks want a loan deal with an option to buy for 5 m euros in 2019/2020..Terrible for us really. Problem is he might be persuaded to an Istanbul move as they're likely to offer him close to double what we can offer him after relegation clause deduction.

I think he could do a good job in the Championship, sadly the balance sheet is a higher priority and it’s going to be a case of kerching! At the very last a seasons wages off the payroll, if he does a good job out there then maybe the club will recoup its money. Kerching!
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 23:48]
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:52 - Jun 26 with 2957 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:19 - Jun 24 by omarjack

World Cup potential players:

I've made a lovely list of players from the world cup who are within budget and would be a good fit for the Championship..

Iceland:

-Bjarnason:I've always like this guy whenever I see him,hard working and gets himself in good places specially from flanks. Aston Villa are in financial sh!t which means we could possibly swoop in. Problem is he's already 30.

-Gunnarson:A Viking like warrior who likes to do throw ins as if he's launching the hammer of Thor himself. Most of you lot wouldn't want a Cardiff player hanging around here but tbh I don't give a sh!t about that. He's be a good asset for us in midfield. Strong and experienced.

Tunisia:

-Dylan Bronn:We're linked to him,A lovely CB who could very much impress at our "next level"..he's only 23 and learning. Might be a little bit too costy for our standards though.

-Yohan Benalouane:Experience and leadership. Leicester would certainly want to offload for very cheap. But wages could be a real stump.

Nigeria:

-Troost-Ekong:I'm impressed with Nigeria,they're physical with pace and energy and could very much cut it in the championship. And Troost-Ekong their CB has caught my eyes. He plays with Bursaspor in Turkey and would see a move with us as an improvement no doubt. Could cost around 5 m though.

-Bryan Idowu:RB..His Russian club Amkar Perm was liquidated therefore all players were released. Could be a very good freebie to challenge Olsson.

Iran:

-Ghoddos:We've talked enough about him.

-Beiranvand:A lovely GK who could very much be Nordfeldt's replacement should he leave.

Sweden:

-Marcus Berg:Had a superb season in the UAE despite being 31. An obstacle would be his enormous Arab wages.

-Isaac Thelin: Was one of the top goalscorers in the Belgian league last season which earned him a call to the World Cup. Might cost around 6-7 m though. Still young and can only improve.

-Albin Ekdal:A tidy midfielder who plays for Hamburg who were relegated to the Bundesliga 2. His wages might be troublesome. Although I think he was impressive.

-Claesson:I rate him. Although he might think the Championship is a bit beneath him as he plays fro Krasnodar in Russia.

-Helander:I like this guy since I saw him playing for Bologna. Reminds me a bit of VDH.

Poland:

-Pazdan:An experienced CB who plays for Legia Warczawa..he's 30. Perhaps not the best moment to talk about Poland's defence after the thrashing they've received from Colombia.

-Grosicki:Hull are keen to sell. I kind of like him. He's done well in the Championship too.

Australia:

-Trent Sainsbury:Aston Villa are keen on the CB. I think he's ok. Not really a remarkable prospect.

Egypt:

-Amr Warda:He's not that good or anything. But hard working and had a great season in Greece playing for Artimitos or whatever the hell it's called as I'm not bothered to google it.

Japan:

-Gen Shoji:A good CB.

[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 8:41]

Omar - forgive me but we're you formerly Nirvana on here? Someone else maybe??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:12 - Jun 28 with 2854 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:52 - Jun 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Omar - forgive me but we're you formerly Nirvana on here? Someone else maybe??

No.

This has been my only account on this forum.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:15 - Jun 28 with 2853 viewsomarjack

Done Deals update: (senior squad only)

Incoming:

F*ck all..

TOTAL:F*ck all multiplied by zero.

Outgoings:

-Lukasz Fabianksi:7 £ (West Ham)
-Roque Mesa:5.5 £ (Sevilla)
-Ki Sung Yueng:free transfer
-Angel Rangel:free transfer
-Leon Britton:retired

TOTAL:12.5 £

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:57 - Jun 28 with 2785 viewsomarjack

What we assessed so far:

A-An immediate need for 2 playmakers who can also play as wingers: (total price:12 £)

Top targets:

1-Saman Ghoddos:The most likely transfer to happen,could play as a number 10,as well as a winger. Although he plays mainly as CF..probably cost:5-6 £

2-Hany Mukhtar:23 years old AMF who plays for Brondby in Denmark,He's been superb with his club playing mainly as a number 10 from the centre,although he can play on the wings as well. Superb talent for the championship no doubt. probably cost:7-8 £

3-Harry Wilson:We all saw what he could do at Hull when given the chance,great prospect. probable cost:loan deal

4-Brandley Kuwas:plays for Heracles Almelo,a lively,unselfish winger who keeps providing assists,pacy and would make a really good addition. probable cost:6-7 £

5-Arber Zeneli:Heereneven winger,Kosovar international,23,plays mostly a LW. a decent talent that shouldn't cost more than 6 £

6-Kamil Grosicki:although he's approaching 30,he seems like somehow a safe,experienced choice. Hull would sell for around 6-7 £

7-Bryan Linssen:he's been terrific for Vitesse this season scoring more than 15 goals as a winger. probable cost: 6-7 £

8-Amr Warda:Egypt international,one of the best players on the field after Salah. probably cost: 4 £

9-Lazar Markovic:very risky,yet..he's only 23,fit and at one point he was poised to be world class..but his career went down hill because of lack of confidence. Maybe a Swansea move would restore him. Liverpool would bite any club's hands off with a 6-7 £ offer.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:02 - Jun 28 with 2780 viewsomarjack

We almost certainly need 2 CBs as well. both would cost 5 £ or less.

potentials:

1-Filip Helander:The towering Bologna Swedish international would cost close to 3 £

2-Andreas Bjelland:Brentford's powerful CB is available for free.

3-Matt Miazga:Chelsea's youngster impressed with Vitesse last season,a loan deal.

4-Ethan Ampadu:another impressive Chelsea youngster to be considered on loan.

5-Yohan Benalouane:not a very inspired choice,but he's experienced,And Leicester would let him go for a minimal fee.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:08 - Jun 28 with 2771 viewsomarjack

Squad players: (2 players needed at a total price of 4 £)

Potential targets:

1-Ken Sema:Ostersunds LWB..potential price:1-2 £

2-Hosam Aiesh:Ostersunds RWB..potential price:1 £

3-Kerim Mrabti:Djurgarden CF..potential cost:1-2 £

4-Zinho Gano:Oostende CF..potential price:2-3 £
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 14:09]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 01:17 - Jun 30 with 2685 viewsomarjack

Arsenal just released (or failed to tie down) quite a few academy players and some fans are angry because some of them have good potential.

From what I've seen and heard..The one player that stands out the most is the U23 Romanian international Vlad Dragomir,19 who plays mostly as AMF but can also play as well as RM..could also get a bit further to be a traditional winger.

Arsenal wanted to give him a new contract but he refused so he can get more opportunities. And the Championship is the perfect place for that.

Dragomir scored 6 goals in 20 appearances in the Premier League 2 last season. Which helped Arsenal win the title.

I don't see why can't we take a serious look.. He's impressed enough for his age..plays in a position where we really need reinforcements..plus it's very low risk being a freebie.

Obviously a deal like that should come as an addition. And not as a senior signing to be expected to be a starter or even enter the senior team immediately. Still I'd say it'd be a decent coup.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 1:20]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 01:36 - Jun 30 with 2672 viewsomarjack

Borja Iglesias. 25 years old CF Who plays for Celta Vigo in La Liga.

He's been really good last season on loan with Real Zaragoza scoring 22 goals in 39 matches.

Celta want close to 7 m for him which I think could be negotiated down to 5 m.

But in the other hand..we already have a Borja who's 25 and plays as CF and impressed in Spain. umm.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:50 - Jul 1 with 2570 viewsomarjack

Brentford announced that Andreas Bjelland will not sign a new deal with the club and he's released and clearly available for free.

I've already mentioned Bjelland here before. who is he?

A towering Danish international (28 caps) who plays as CB (can also play as LB),He's 29 and experienced and I'd say he'd make a really good addition to the squad. At least as a new back-up.

The only problem is his terrible injury record. in seasons 12/13 and 15/16 (with Twente and Brentford) he missed them entirely due to injuries and OP. And on his good seasons he usually plays for around 60-70% of the matches for the club. Which obviously means he's such a wild card.

But in the other hand he's available for free. And he won't be expected to be a starter anyway. He might be worth it imo.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:04 - Jul 1 with 2534 views34dfgdf54

I’d expect to see some movement from today. Doesn’t the first lot of parachute payment come through on July 1st? Should ease cash flow issues some what.

Also - how come we never announced Jordi from Real Madrid? He’s on squad list and that Alan Nixon said he had signed, work permit I'm assuming?
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:52 - Jul 1 with 2490 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:04 - Jul 1 by 34dfgdf54

I’d expect to see some movement from today. Doesn’t the first lot of parachute payment come through on July 1st? Should ease cash flow issues some what.

Also - how come we never announced Jordi from Real Madrid? He’s on squad list and that Alan Nixon said he had signed, work permit I'm assuming?

Not only parachute payments..But also the very anticipated relegation clause deductions start today. Most wages are severely cut by 40-50%.

As for Jordi..I don't think he needs a special work permit as there are rules for players under 20 that ease the rules for clubs to seal transfers for non-EU players. I might be wrong though.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:00 - Jul 1 with 2453 viewsomarjack

Wingers:

-Christian Fassnacht:Plays for Young Boys in Switzerland who won the local league,ending Basel's monopoly. Fassnacht has been terrific..scoring 11 goals and 8 assists in 34 matches.
The season before that he scored 10 goals for his former side Thun. He's only 24,can play equally on both wings and can play as AMF as well as CF. Good injury record. Likely to cost 6-7 m.

-Albert Gudmundsson:PSV academy prospect..you can tell his from Iceland because of the name,He was part of Iceland's World Cup squad. He's only 21. Last season with PSV 2 who plays for the 2nd tier in the Netherlands..he scored 8 and assisted 9 goals in 15 games only. He also played 9 games at a senior level and assisted 3 goals. He plays mostly as RW. Although can play left and centre as well.
Our next Gylfi Sigurroson?

other names I'm too tired to elaborate on: (some aren't meant as starters but rather replacements for Routledge for example)

-Nill De Pauw:28,Zulte Waregen (struggled a bit) est cost:2-3 m?
-Nicolas Moumi Ngamaleu:23,Young Boys (3 goals,3 assists in 25,won the league)
-Eric Ocansey,20,Eupen (6 goals in 28) est cost:6 m
-Nana Ampomah,22,Waasl-Beveren (7 goals in 30) est cost:5 m (Genk,Besiktas interested)
-Mikkel Duelund.21.Midjylland (7 goals,6 assists in 19 matches) est cost:4-5 m
-Takashi Usamli,26,Augsburg (spent season with Dusseldorf,8 goals) est cost:4 m?
-Tarik Elyounoussi,20,Solna (I'd say he struggled a bit the last 2 seasons but he's decent) est cost:2 m

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:35 - Jul 2 with 2332 viewsthornabyswan

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:00 - Jul 1 by omarjack

Wingers:

-Christian Fassnacht:Plays for Young Boys in Switzerland who won the local league,ending Basel's monopoly. Fassnacht has been terrific..scoring 11 goals and 8 assists in 34 matches.
The season before that he scored 10 goals for his former side Thun. He's only 24,can play equally on both wings and can play as AMF as well as CF. Good injury record. Likely to cost 6-7 m.

-Albert Gudmundsson:PSV academy prospect..you can tell his from Iceland because of the name,He was part of Iceland's World Cup squad. He's only 21. Last season with PSV 2 who plays for the 2nd tier in the Netherlands..he scored 8 and assisted 9 goals in 15 games only. He also played 9 games at a senior level and assisted 3 goals. He plays mostly as RW. Although can play left and centre as well.
Our next Gylfi Sigurroson?

other names I'm too tired to elaborate on: (some aren't meant as starters but rather replacements for Routledge for example)

-Nill De Pauw:28,Zulte Waregen (struggled a bit) est cost:2-3 m?
-Nicolas Moumi Ngamaleu:23,Young Boys (3 goals,3 assists in 25,won the league)
-Eric Ocansey,20,Eupen (6 goals in 28) est cost:6 m
-Nana Ampomah,22,Waasl-Beveren (7 goals in 30) est cost:5 m (Genk,Besiktas interested)
-Mikkel Duelund.21.Midjylland (7 goals,6 assists in 19 matches) est cost:4-5 m
-Takashi Usamli,26,Augsburg (spent season with Dusseldorf,8 goals) est cost:4 m?
-Tarik Elyounoussi,20,Solna (I'd say he struggled a bit the last 2 seasons but he's decent) est cost:2 m

If we were looking for a keeper could do a lot worse than Ochoa the Mexican keeper.
Plays for Standard Liege and has only 1 year remaining on his contract.
Valued at 3 million Euro I watched all 4 Mexico games and looked a quality keeper.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:52 - Jul 2 with 2310 viewsBadlands

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:35 - Jul 2 by thornabyswan

If we were looking for a keeper could do a lot worse than Ochoa the Mexican keeper.
Plays for Standard Liege and has only 1 year remaining on his contract.
Valued at 3 million Euro I watched all 4 Mexico games and looked a quality keeper.

Much depends on how many players Potter wants to get rid of
a) for financial
b) quality.

Reading some comments would suggest no player n the squad who is affordable is good enough.
But I think quite a few of us are claiming we should get rid of players we don't like and bring in players who are no better.

I would try to keep (being realistic about pay and finances)
Nordfeldt, Roberts, Naughton, Fede, Bartley, van der Hoorn, Fer, Dyer, Carroll, Routledge, Olsson, Mulder, McBurnie, Amat, Andre, Borja.
Of those it is possible/proabable Nordfeldt, Amat, Bartley, Andre & Borja will leave.
That leaves 12 players who realistically could play first team football.

At least 10 players need to come in.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:50 - Jul 2 with 2231 viewsKerouac

Updating my previous post (sorry if this offends anyone, just like to use pre-season threads like this to order my thoughts as we go along)....

New Manager

Graham Potter (I reckon he's perfect...needs time, 2/3 seasons, and backing)

Sell

Lukasz Fabianski - £7m

Federico Fernandez - £6m...we might keep hold of him it seems, hope so.

Alfie Mawson - £25m
(should stay in the Championship with us imo, lots still to learn but there we are)

Jordi Amat - £4m
(We should try and keep him but it looks like he'll have an option in Spain and wants it)

Roque Mesa - £8m
(Would love him to stay though)

Jefferson Montero - £?
He has to go now. Zero contribution for the money.

Borja Baston - £?
One of the most bizarre transfers in our history. Cost £15m, doesn't play. Has got to the point where I forget he is even our player. Scandalous.

Players we actually seem to be trying to move on...

Wilfried Bony - £F*ck knows
(AEK Athens or Besiktas, allegedly)

Jordan Ayew - £12m

Andre Ayew - £LOAN to Besiktas?!?

Kyle Naughton - ?

Luciano Narsingh - £?

Kyle Bartley - £4m(!?!?...if 3 of our rivals want him we have got to get a bigger transfer fee than that)

Likely Squad (based on what we know thus far)

Goalkeepers

1) Kristoffer Nordfeldt
2) Erwin Mulder

Right-back
3) Kyle Naughton
4) Connor Roberts

Left-back
5) Martin Olsson
6) Jordi Govea Merlin (?)

Centre-back
7)Federico Fernandez
8) Mike Van der Hoorn
9) Kyle Bartley
10) Alfie Mawson / Joe Rodon / Cian Harries?

Defensive Midfield
11) Jay Fulton
12) Emmanuel Banda (?)

Box to box Midfielder
13) Leroy Fer
14) Sam Clucas

Playmaker
15) Tom Carroll
16) ?????????????

Right-wing
17) ????????????
18) Nathan Dyer

Left-wing
19) Jefferson Montero
20) Yann Dhanda

Striker
21) Wilfried Bony (Target man)
22) Oliver McBurnie (Poacher)
23) Saman Ghoddos (?) (No.10/Attacking Mid) - Seems nailed on...will he play in midfield or replace outgoing Striker/s though?
24) Borja Baston

Wildcards
25) Daniel James
26) George Byers
27) Steven Benda (3rd choice Keeper)

Players I think we need

1) Centre-half
Someone experienced. A leader. A calm head. A captain. (If we keep Fernandez maybe move Bartley on to accommodate this player)

2) Left-back
Again...Someone experienced. A leader. Ideally someone who could fill in at Centre-Back if required also.
If we get the right player Olsson would be freed up as an option further forward.

3) Defensive Midfielder
Someone experienced. A leader. Add to the shopping list; works his nuts off, is aggressive, does the simple things well.
Though if we can't find such a player who wants to play for us we could do a lot worse than Ethan Ampadu.

Newspaper links: Harry Arter & Ben Godfrey (Norwich City youngster)

4) Playmaker / No. 10
Someone high energy, young and hungry. Someone who can get among the goals, someone who takes risks, someone who is cocky/arrogant and lives for shutting up critics mouths.
Harry Wilson on loan?

Newspaper Links: Kerim Mrabti the Swedish "Eden Hazard".

Players we seem to be signing (according to the media at least)

1) Right-Back (Kyle Naughton replacement?)
Rangers' versatile 26yr old, James Tavernier

2) Left-back
Ex-Real Madrid, Ecuadorian, youngster Jordi Govea Merlin

3) Defensive Midfielder
Emmanuel Banda...I'm f*cked if I know! Hope he is good.

4) Left-wingers
Two of them! Ken Sema and Yann Dhanda

5) Right-Winger
Will Huw swoop for Albert Adomah after what seems like 8 years of following him around forlornly.

6) Striker
Potter seems to be hoping to move on Bony and the Ayews and replace with one Saman Ghoddos from his old club Ostersunds

Players we have actually signed

1) Jordi Govea Merlin (U23?)
2) Yann Dhanda (U23?)

Players we have actually sold/released/Loaned

1) Ki Seung-Yeung - £0 (Newcastle Utd.)
2) Angel Rangel - £0
3) Leon Britton - £0
4) Roque Mesa - £7m (Sevilla)
5) Lukazs Fabianski - £7m (West Ham)
6) Adam King - LOANED (to Peterborough)
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 12:41]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024