Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. 13:06 - May 14 with 105614 viewsomarjack

LAST UPDATE: (1 September 2018) (worst case scenario)

-Alfie Mawson:15 £ (done)

-Sam Clucas:6 £ (done)

-Roque Mesa:5.5 £ (done)

-Lukasz Fabianski:7 £ (done)

-Kyle Bartley:4 £ (done)

-Federico Fernandez:6 £ (done)

-Jordi Amat:1 £ (done)

-Andre Ayew:1.3 £ (loan) (done)

-Jordan Ayew:(loan) (done)

-Borja Baston:(loan) (done)

-Ki Sung-Yueng (contract ended)

-Leon Britton (retired)

-Angel Rangel (contract ended)

TOTAL SALES:45.8 £

Signings:

1-Bersant Celina:3 £

2-Joel Asoro:2 £

3-Barrie McKay:0.5 £

4-Declan John:0.8 £

5-Carter-Vickers:(loan)

6-CMF:(loan)

7-CF:(loan)

TOTAL:6.3 £

Net spend: - 39.5 £

-It's also worth mentioning that Graham Potter's compensation is said to be worth 8 m kronas which is worth 680.000 £

*Note:Some deals might be loans or free transfers.

Our squad should look like:

3-5-2

---------------------Bony/Asoro------------McBurnie/Narsingh------------

-----------Celina/Dhanda----------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John---------------Fer/Fulton-----------------Roberts/Naughton

---------Carter-Vickers-------Van der Hoorn---------Rodon-------

---------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder---------------------

4-3-3

------------------------------------McBurnie/Bony--------------------

--------Montero/McKay------------------------------------------Asoro/Narsingh-------

----------------------------------------Celina/Dhanda----------------------------

---------------------------Fer/Fulton--------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John--------Careter-Vickers/Rodon---------Van der Hoorn-------Roberts/Naughton

----------------------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder------------------------------------

+ other academy players like Byers ,Maric,etc could step in..and Dyer and Routledge.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 22:53]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:29 - Jul 16 with 4824 viewsBadlands

https://www.kickoff.co.uk/86664/swansea-citys-stunning-move-for-star-premier-lea

Matt Phillips from West From being mentioned.

(Legs or just because we off-loaded Bartley to them?)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:45 - Jul 16 with 4799 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:29 - Jul 16 by Badlands

https://www.kickoff.co.uk/86664/swansea-citys-stunning-move-for-star-premier-lea

Matt Phillips from West From being mentioned.

(Legs or just because we off-loaded Bartley to them?)

Would be an immense signing, but never going to happen.

WalesOnline reporting Cardiff are in for him which would seem more likely.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 20:56 - Jul 16 with 4684 viewsomarjack

Matt Phillips an Immense signing? lol I don't think any of you have ever seen him play.

WBA fans think he's the worst player they have..Well after Robson-Kanu of course. And West Brom have many, many terrible footballers among their ranks like McClean and Nyom so they're used to it..(kind of like us) and they wouldn't really call anybody sh!t unless they actually are.

Phillips can't do one on ones. His passing is ok but not good enough. The worst thing about him is his dedication. He makes Jordan Ayew look like Britton in his loyalty and caring for the club he plays for.

His championship record: 22 goals and 17 assists in 132 matches.

PL record..11 goals and 21 assists in 109 matches.

Very poor. And he'd cost 11 m or so? F*ck me..We can't afford sh!t players for such prices..it'll literally be the end of the club.

Why can't we expand our way of thinking. Stop with the random Spanish/Scottish/Championship links as clearly it hasn't worked out in a long, long time.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 21:16 - Jul 16 with 4657 viewsomarjack

If Burnley want Clucas. Maybe we can do a nice exchange thingy. 9 m + Sam Vokes. He has a terrific championship scoring record..And for 9 m we can buy twice the player Sam Clucas has been for us ffs.

Plus, With Chris Wood, Barnes and reportedly Jay Rodriguez being close to joining. Sam Vokes won't get any playtime over there anymore. It's perfect for all sides involved.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:59 - Jul 17 with 4552 viewsKerouac

New link on the internet (for what it's worth)...Mbaye Diagne?
No, me neither.
If he comes hopefully it's because Potter has identified him.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/07/blogs/swansea-will-be-clear-promotion-favourite
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 14:59]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:39 - Jul 17 with 4506 viewsawayjack

See Wilson one of our loan targets gone to Derby. Draw of Lampard allegedly. Shame decent player shown he can score and create at this level.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:42 - Jul 17 with 4503 viewsKerouac

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:39 - Jul 17 by awayjack

See Wilson one of our loan targets gone to Derby. Draw of Lampard allegedly. Shame decent player shown he can score and create at this level.

Gutted about that one.
I haven't been so impressed by a Wales player since Bale.
He has got 'it'.

TBH, I don't understand that decision by him/his people....Frank Lampard Vs an experienced proven coach like Potter.
No brainer for me.

Playing for the Swans would have raised his profile in Wales too.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 19:28 - Jul 17 with 4454 viewsBadlands

Wilson has shown he has no ambition - staying close to home rather than going somewhere he'll progress.
TBH if he's being loaned out it suggests he's not making the progress the club wants.

Login to get fewer ads

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 19:48 - Jul 17 with 4437 viewsjasper_T

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 19:28 - Jul 17 by Badlands

Wilson has shown he has no ambition - staying close to home rather than going somewhere he'll progress.
TBH if he's being loaned out it suggests he's not making the progress the club wants.

Derby are a decent side who haven't been ransacked too badly yet despite their financial issues.

He's missed a few years due to injuries and being stuck in a difficult academy so another full season in the Championship will be excellent for his development.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 21:35 - Jul 17 with 4381 viewsawayjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 19:28 - Jul 17 by Badlands

He scored 7 goals in 12 matches for Hull last year - lad may rip the Championship up. I don't see a season on loan lacking ambition - wants to play and prove himself. Shame it'll be with one of our rivals.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 21:36]
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:21 - Jul 17 with 4331 viewsomarjack

Derby announced Harry Wilson and Mason Mount on the same day..f*ck me but if they keep Vydra..those 3 will have 45-50 goals between them next season.

We should have signed one of them at least.

Ben Woodburn? Not sure about him. Never been tried so far.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:50 - Jul 18 with 4302 viewsKerouac

...and now Clucas?

New Manager

Graham Potter (I reckon he's perfect...needs time, 2/3 seasons, and backing)

Sell?

Alfie Mawson - £25m
(should stay in the Championship with us imo, lots still to learn but there we are)

Jordi Amat - £4m
(We should try and keep him but it looks like he'll have an option in Spain and wants it)

Fede Fernandez - £6m
Wants to play at a higher level to get back into the Argentine squad. Openly courting suitors.

Jefferson Montero - £?
He has to go now. Zero contribution for the money.

Borja Baston - £LOANED to Alaves as it has turned out(!)
One of the most bizarre transfers in our history. Cost £15m, doesn't play. Has got to the point where I forget he is even our player. Scandalous.

Players we actually seem to be trying to move on...

Wilfried Bony - £F*ck knows
(AEK Athens or Besiktas, allegedly) ?

Jordan Ayew - £12m?

Kyle Naughton - ?

Luciano Narsingh - £?

Borja Baston - Loan to Spain (Alaves)

Fede Fernandez - £6m?

Sam Clucas - £12m?

Likely Squad (based on what we know thus far)

Goalkeepers

1) Kristoffer Nordfeldt - Senior Player
2) Erwin Mulder - (Senior Player but clearly a back-up...on low wages)

Right-back
3) Kyle Naughton (?) - Senior Player
4) Connor Roberts

Left-back
5) Martin Olsson - Senior Player
6) Jordi Govea Merlin

Centre-back
7) Jordi Amat (?) - Senior Player
8) Mike Van der Hoorn - Senior Player
9) Alfie Mawson (?) - Senior Player
10) Joe Rodon / Cian Harries?

Defensive Midfield
11) Jay Fulton
12) Sam Clucas (?) - Senior Player

Box to box Midfielder
13) Leroy Fer (?) - Senior Player
14) Matt Grimes(?)

Playmaker
15) Tom Carroll - Senior Player
16) Wayne Routledge (Bloody hell!) - Senior Player

Right-wing
17) Luciano Narsingh (?) - Senior Player
18) Nathan Dyer - Senior Player

Left-wing
19) Jefferson Montero (?) - Senior Player
20) Yann Dhanda

Striker
21) Wilfried Bony ? (Target man) - Senior Player
22) Oliver McBurnie (Poacher)
23) Joel Asoro

Wildcards
24) Daniel James
25) George Byers
26) Steven Benda (3rd choice Keeper)

Players I think we need

1) Centre-half
Someone experienced. A leader. A calm head. A captain. (This position now appears to be URGENTLY required...the only senior centre-half we can be sure is intending to stay is Mike van der Hoorn).

I now reckon we will need to sign 2 centre-halves by the end of the transfer window.

Newspaper links: Scott McKenna (£2m...good player but only 21. We would need 1 more experienced centre-back if both Mawson and Amat leaves)
Now linked with Danny Amartey (Leicester City) too, who can fill in at CB

2) Defensive Midfielder
Someone experienced. A leader. Add to the shopping list; works his nuts off, is aggressive, does the simple things well.
Though if we can't find such a player who wants to play for us we could do a lot worse than Ethan Ampadu.

Newspaper links: Harry Arter & Ben Godfrey (Norwich City youngster)
Now linked with Danny Amartey (Leicester City) too, who can fill in at DM

3) Playmaker / No. 10
Someone high energy, young and hungry. Someone who can get among the goals, someone who takes risks, someone who is cocky/arrogant and lives for shutting up critics mouths.
A young Prem player on loan?

Newspaper Links: Kerim Mrabti the Swedish "Eden Hazard".
19th July - Bersant Celina is being linked with us now, for £4m.

4) Striker / Target Man
Someone to replace Bony.

Sam Vokes was a good shout actually Omar, he'd be effective.

Players we seem to be signing (according to the media at least)

1) Defensive Midfielder
Apparently we want a youngster called Emmanuel Banda...I'm f*cked if I know! Hope he is good.

2) Right-Back / DM / CB
Now linked with Danny Amartey (Leicester City) too, who can fill in at CB & DM.

3) Left-winger

Signed ex-Liverpool youngster Yann Dhanda.

4) Right-Winger
Will Huw swoop for Albert Adomah after what seems like 8 years of following him around forlornly?

16th July - Following Bartley's departure to West Brom there emerges a story in the press (possibly planted by an agent) linking us with the Baggies' Matt Phillips.
IMO Phillips is exactly the type of player we need...not holding my breath on this one though.

5) Striker
Potter seems to be hoping to move on Bony and the Ayews and replace with one Saman Ghoddos( from his old club Ostersunds).
Also linked with Britt Assombalonga but that is unlikely, as he will cost decent money, and Mbaye Diagne.

Already signed Swedish youngster Joel Asoro (although he may have been bought to play on the right-wing predominantly).

Players we have actually signed = £2-3m + 1 x senior player wage

1) Jordi Govea Merlin (U23?)
2) Yann Dhanda (U23?)
3) Joel Asoro - £2m

Players we have actually sold/released/Loaned = £18m + 8 x senior player wages

1) Ki Seung-Yeung - £0 (Newcastle Utd.)
2) Angel Rangel - £0
3) Leon Britton - £0
4) Roque Mesa - £7m (Sevilla)
5) Lukazs Fabianski - £7m (West Ham)
6) Adam King - LOANED (to Peterborough)
7) Kyle Bartley - £4m (Could be £6m if West Brom get promoted)
8) Andre Ayew - LOANED (to Besiktas)
9) Borja Baston - LOANED (to Alaves)
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 19:10]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:51 - Jul 18 with 4299 viewsKerouac

It's getting desperate now.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:53 - Jul 18 with 4210 viewsomarjack

Now that Clucas seem to be leaving. Who would we replace him with? Although it's still not a done deal we can already discuss it.

Budget? 5 m max. The rest of the money will be slurped as expected.

The player will probably be a defensive minded central midfielder. Some options:

-Daniel Amartey:I've no clue. Are we looking into a loan deal? Are we even interested at all?

-Jack Rodwell/Jack Colback:Rumour classified under Horror.

-Ryan Woods:Brentford are known to be c*nts when it comes to transfer negotiations.

-Michael Ngadeu Ngadjui:Sounds reasonable. Pulis wanted him at WBA. Strong fellow. Within budget. Can play CB.

-Rani Khedira:Well his brother is like a big deal. F*ck if I know.

-Andy King:lol would it be so bad?

-Matteo Guendouzi:Latest Arsenal acquisition. Maybe we can get him on loan. Seem promising.

-Hamza Chodhury:Decent Leicester academy prospect. Loan deal maybe?

-Ethan Ampadu:I think he can play DMF. why not?

Any suggestions?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:37 - Jul 19 with 4134 viewsEU5Makaveli

Danny Ward to Leicester- £12million, done.
Another touted transfer (loan) target going somewhere else, at £12 million though we never had a chance
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:40 - Jul 19 with 4123 viewsEU5Makaveli

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:53 - Jul 18 by omarjack

Now that Clucas seem to be leaving. Who would we replace him with? Although it's still not a done deal we can already discuss it.

Budget? 5 m max. The rest of the money will be slurped as expected.

The player will probably be a defensive minded central midfielder. Some options:

-Daniel Amartey:I've no clue. Are we looking into a loan deal? Are we even interested at all?

-Jack Rodwell/Jack Colback:Rumour classified under Horror.

-Ryan Woods:Brentford are known to be c*nts when it comes to transfer negotiations.

-Michael Ngadeu Ngadjui:Sounds reasonable. Pulis wanted him at WBA. Strong fellow. Within budget. Can play CB.

-Rani Khedira:Well his brother is like a big deal. F*ck if I know.

-Andy King:lol would it be so bad?

-Matteo Guendouzi:Latest Arsenal acquisition. Maybe we can get him on loan. Seem promising.

-Hamza Chodhury:Decent Leicester academy prospect. Loan deal maybe?

-Ethan Ampadu:I think he can play DMF. why not?

Any suggestions?

Sky sports reporting that Burnley won't be signing Clucas - for now anyway.

"The Clarets have also been linked with a move for Swansea midfielder Sam Clucas, but Sky Sports News understands a deal is not currently being pursued."
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:46 - Jul 19 with 4120 viewscwm02

It is all well & good selling these players but without replacements we are heading for League 1. I know our relegation means it is going to be tough signing players but we've signed quality players under Rodgers before so it can happen.

Also Matt Phillips of all people we are linked to? We have enough wingers (Montero, Narsingh, D.James etc.) as it is and he is garbage too. We need to sign a CB (if Mawson & Fernandez is leaving), CM's (since Britton has retired, sold Mesa & Ki, selling Clucas, A.King and Sanches both returned to their clubs), another ST (Bony & A.Ayew should leave) and Full-backs.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:47 - Jul 19 with 4115 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:40 - Jul 19 by EU5Makaveli

"The Clarets have also been linked with a move for Swansea midfielder Sam Clucas, but Sky Sports News understands a deal is not currently being pursued."

I'm happy with that.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:48 - Jul 19 with 4112 viewsjasper_T

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:40 - Jul 19 by EU5Makaveli

Hopefully we can find some other mugs willing to take him.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:26 - Jul 19 with 4004 viewsJango

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:48 - Jul 19 by jasper_T

Hopefully we can find some other mugs willing to take him.

If clucas does stay I have the feeling we’ll see a totally different more confident player under potter. I thought clement ruined his confidence the way he was used when he first arrived and never really recovered. He wasn’t the only player clement managed terribly either. We need players like clucas if we are to be a threat this year.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:32 - Jul 19 with 3999 viewsBadlands

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:26 - Jul 19 by Jango

If clucas does stay I have the feeling we’ll see a totally different more confident player under potter. I thought clement ruined his confidence the way he was used when he first arrived and never really recovered. He wasn’t the only player clement managed terribly either. We need players like clucas if we are to be a threat this year.

All Clucas need to do was make a bit of an effort - he didn't.
I'd rather see Sanches and Mesa back than keep Clucas.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:16 - Jul 19 with 3951 viewsJango

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:32 - Jul 19 by Badlands

All Clucas need to do was make a bit of an effort - he didn't.
I'd rather see Sanches and Mesa back than keep Clucas.

3 players who clement handled terrible in my opinion. 2 are no longer here though so pointless talking about them. Clucas I’m sure will be an asset in a potter team.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:00 - Jul 19 with 3897 viewsomarjack

Well..nothing is happening.

16 days until season starts

21 days until transfer window closes

The squad is in an utter mess. Many players are waiting for an exit. No major incomings..only uncertainty.

The pre-season tour starts soon and the squad is not even remotely ready.

Was relegation a wake up call for the morons in charge? lol what am I even insinuating here. Same sh!t..different smell.

Will the sh!tbags invest properly for a serious promotion campaign? Or will they Sunderland it? Or half ass it like what Hull do best? That's how it's looking.

A sh!tstorm is blowing through the Liberty stadium.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 18:01]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:08 - Jul 19 with 3880 viewsthornabyswan

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:47 - Jul 19 by 34dfgdf54

I'm happy with that.

That's code for sold on the last day with no time to replace

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:23 - Jul 19 with 3857 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:08 - Jul 19 by thornabyswan

That's code for sold on the last day with no time to replace

With the versatility of Fulton, Grimes and Maric who needs a replacement? F*ck my eyes.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024