Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. 13:06 - May 14 with 105717 viewsomarjack

LAST UPDATE: (1 September 2018) (worst case scenario)

-Alfie Mawson:15 £ (done)

-Sam Clucas:6 £ (done)

-Roque Mesa:5.5 £ (done)

-Lukasz Fabianski:7 £ (done)

-Kyle Bartley:4 £ (done)

-Federico Fernandez:6 £ (done)

-Jordi Amat:1 £ (done)

-Andre Ayew:1.3 £ (loan) (done)

-Jordan Ayew:(loan) (done)

-Borja Baston:(loan) (done)

-Ki Sung-Yueng (contract ended)

-Leon Britton (retired)

-Angel Rangel (contract ended)

TOTAL SALES:45.8 £

Signings:

1-Bersant Celina:3 £

2-Joel Asoro:2 £

3-Barrie McKay:0.5 £

4-Declan John:0.8 £

5-Carter-Vickers:(loan)

6-CMF:(loan)

7-CF:(loan)

TOTAL:6.3 £

Net spend: - 39.5 £

-It's also worth mentioning that Graham Potter's compensation is said to be worth 8 m kronas which is worth 680.000 £

*Note:Some deals might be loans or free transfers.

Our squad should look like:

3-5-2

---------------------Bony/Asoro------------McBurnie/Narsingh------------

-----------Celina/Dhanda----------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John---------------Fer/Fulton-----------------Roberts/Naughton

---------Carter-Vickers-------Van der Hoorn---------Rodon-------

---------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder---------------------

4-3-3

------------------------------------McBurnie/Bony--------------------

--------Montero/McKay------------------------------------------Asoro/Narsingh-------

----------------------------------------Celina/Dhanda----------------------------

---------------------------Fer/Fulton--------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John--------Careter-Vickers/Rodon---------Van der Hoorn-------Roberts/Naughton

----------------------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder------------------------------------

+ other academy players like Byers ,Maric,etc could step in..and Dyer and Routledge.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 22:53]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:20 - Jul 24 with 2864 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:13 - Jul 24 by omarjack

Now HITC claim that we're eyeing Perdo Chirivella from Liverpool's academy along with Nottingham Forest. Liverpool are willing to do business with a 5 m.

Never heard of him. Went into 2 loans to the Eredivisie. Not sure how he's done. He plays as CMF/DMF.

Not that there is a point in repeating what HITC claims. Probably they did the math "Swansea are in it for academy players from the top 6 clubs..They like Spaniards..woah! Pedro Chirivella fits the bill! Let's just write another useless article again and claim Nottingham are also in it to create drama!"

I'm sorry HITC..Chirivella is not Portuguese enough for Nottingham Forest's taste.

WalesOnline reporting this too. £5m which seems very heavy.

No idea if he's any good or not. If it wasn't clear already what our transfer policy would be this summer, then it is now if this materialises.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 16:16 - Jul 24 with 2752 viewsandypitt56

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:20 - Jul 24 by 34dfgdf54

WalesOnline reporting this too. £5m which seems very heavy.

No idea if he's any good or not. If it wasn't clear already what our transfer policy would be this summer, then it is now if this materialises.

Seems to have gone quite with regards to the Celina lad from City. Anyone heard anything more on that? Jordan Ayew has been linked with Leicester, Andre almost certainly off to fenerbace.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 16:46 - Jul 24 with 2717 viewsawayjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 16:16 - Jul 24 by andypitt56

Seems to have gone quite with regards to the Celina lad from City. Anyone heard anything more on that? Jordan Ayew has been linked with Leicester, Andre almost certainly off to fenerbace.

Huw switched the 'buying players' fax off and left the 'selling players' fax on. It does seem to take us an age to get players over the line. Not sure if it's we're broke until we sell more players or just general incompetence of Board.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:51 - Jul 24 with 2667 viewsjasper_T

From Alan Nixon tonight:

Andre Ayew to Turkey is on.
Jordan's being paraded around in front of everyone with no real interest.
Clucas to Burnley is hitting problem after problem (because he's a whiny primadonna).
Chinchilla is realistic, Liverpool want a sale not a loan
Forestieri's wages and transfer fee make it very unlikely
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 20:58 - Jul 24 with 2587 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:51 - Jul 24 by jasper_T

From Alan Nixon tonight:

Clucas to Burnley is hitting problem after problem (because he's a whiny primadonna).

Getting rid of Clucas would be a really bad decision at this stage.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:30 - Jul 25 with 2479 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:51 - Jul 24 by jasper_T

From Alan Nixon tonight:

4 to 5 clubs have shown interest in Jordan. What's the hold up exactly? And if these clubs aren't really interested then why do they keep circling him? They want us to reduce the asking price maybe? They think 8 m is all he's worth?

And What's holding up Clucas to Burnley? I don't get it. I assume he wants the move. They'll pay him more than what we are after relegation deduction. Both clubs seem to be in accord to the proposed fee.

Or am I missing something?

Chirivella. I think 5 m is too steep. If we go for him I hope he proves his worth and prove me wrong.

As for Forestieri. What did we expect? Why would we show interest if we know his wages and fee will be too much to handle?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 8:58]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:21 - Jul 25 with 2447 viewsjasper_T

You're making the mistake of assuming that everything you see in print is true. We're not necessarily in for Forestieri, 4 or 5 clubs aren't necessarily circling Jordan with wallets outstretched... These things might just be being reported by various journos who are guessing, inventing clickbait, or working on agent instructions or whatever.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:38 - Jul 25 with 2421 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:21 - Jul 25 by jasper_T

You're making the mistake of assuming that everything you see in print is true. We're not necessarily in for Forestieri, 4 or 5 clubs aren't necessarily circling Jordan with wallets outstretched... These things might just be being reported by various journos who are guessing, inventing clickbait, or working on agent instructions or whatever.

Well..As a person who follows up the transfer window closely. Not only for Swansea but for major leagues as well. I can safely say that two thirds of Journo talk comes out accurate in the end. Strange but true. Sometimes I wonder who keeps releasing these very detailed negotiations, Which some of are not to be believed at first, only to find out weeks later that all was true and the transfer actually goes through.

They've been pumping up Ronaldo's move to Juve 2 weeks before or so. None of us believed it. At least I didn't. But here we are.

I'm not saying we're actually going to bid for Forestieri for example. That sounds suspicious to me although you never know. But..for example..Fulham did bid for Jordan Ayew.

When I bring up links and potential signings here I don't treat it as facts. But mostly there is no smoke without a fire.

Also it really depends on the source. Some sources are worth nothing.

Best sources worldwide are Gianluca Di Marzio (although he occupies mostly of Italian transfers which doesn't concern us much)

Then the Mirror, Daily Mail (shocking I know, But their transfer talk is usually reliable and England focused which is great)

And for confirmation..I look at no other than Transfermarkt.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 10:41]

Login to get fewer ads

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:56 - Jul 25 with 2388 viewsJango

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:38 - Jul 25 by omarjack

Well..As a person who follows up the transfer window closely. Not only for Swansea but for major leagues as well. I can safely say that two thirds of Journo talk comes out accurate in the end. Strange but true. Sometimes I wonder who keeps releasing these very detailed negotiations, Which some of are not to be believed at first, only to find out weeks later that all was true and the transfer actually goes through.

They've been pumping up Ronaldo's move to Juve 2 weeks before or so. None of us believed it. At least I didn't. But here we are.

I'm not saying we're actually going to bid for Forestieri for example. That sounds suspicious to me although you never know. But..for example..Fulham did bid for Jordan Ayew.

When I bring up links and potential signings here I don't treat it as facts. But mostly there is no smoke without a fire.

Also it really depends on the source. Some sources are worth nothing.

Best sources worldwide are Gianluca Di Marzio (although he occupies mostly of Italian transfers which doesn't concern us much)

Then the Mirror, Daily Mail (shocking I know, But their transfer talk is usually reliable and England focused which is great)

And for confirmation..I look at no other than Transfermarkt.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 10:41]

If 2/3s of journo talk came out accurate swans would have 90 players on the books, Man U, Man City etc would have hundreds in the first team. 90%+ of rumours in the media are fabricated and mostly regurgitated bullshit
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:10 - Jul 25 with 2379 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:56 - Jul 25 by Jango

If 2/3s of journo talk came out accurate swans would have 90 players on the books, Man U, Man City etc would have hundreds in the first team. 90%+ of rumours in the media are fabricated and mostly regurgitated bullshit

Most Journo talk is about enquiries, rejected bids and deals that fall through. And some of course are BS stories.

As an example, Why do you think Man City were linked to many CMF exactly? it doesn't mean they'll sign them all no? They only want one but there are complications.

They were interested in Fred, they changed their minds and he ended up with Utd. They were interested in Jorginho but Chelsea hijacked the deal in the last day. Now they're interested in Alcantara, Who knows how this will pan out.

My point is..ALL of these links were correct. Guardiola 2 days ago was asked about Jorginho and he confirmed what all the papers were talking about.

Clubs in general fight over players like cats over a dead mouse. They move on from a target to a target until something sticks. Which explains why every club is linked to many players who play in the same positions although they only want to sign one of them probably.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:15 - Jul 25 with 2360 viewsLoyal

The swans greed 4 contracts in principle last summer. None completed.
Before that i cite kenwynne Jones.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:27 - Jul 26 with 2222 viewsomarjack

So...

Hypothetically, How would you feel about this window if it went like this.

-Fernando Forestieri (28) (CF/SS) : 7 £

-Pedro Chirivella (21) (DMF/CMF) : 5 £

-Bersant Celina (21) (AMF/LW) : 4 £

-Scott McKenna (21) (CB) : 4 £

-Joel Asoro (19) (RW/CF) : 2 £

-Tom James (22) (RB) : 0.35 £
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 0:34]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:35 - Jul 26 with 2214 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:27 - Jul 26 by omarjack

So...

Add Ollie Norwood to that and yes please. And Vidra instead of Forestieri but if not he'd be acceptable

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 06:21 - Jul 26 with 2144 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:27 - Jul 26 by omarjack

So...

Someone more experienced than Chrivella I’m hoping for that position.

Midfield desperately needs it.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 06:55 - Jul 26 with 2116 viewsthornabyswan

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:35 - Jul 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Add Ollie Norwood to that and yes please. And Vidra instead of Forestieri but if not he'd be acceptable

Yes that looks ok can't see us spending 7m on a striker.
10 million max spend I think in total.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:06 - Jul 26 with 2076 viewsawayjack

So...

That's decent list but no way we'll spend £22m+ on players. Expect closer to £10m and 2-3 loanees.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:40 - Jul 26 with 2010 viewsomarjack

Updates on Saman Ghoddos.

He's been doing wonders in Sweden. Scoring 8 goals in 12 league appearances so far.

He rejected the Chinese league. So that's behind us.

Ostersunds's chairman Kindberg said after a reported interest from 2 unnamed English (Welsh?) clubs and interest from 3 French sides (Bordeaux, Rennes and Amiens)..The latter actually submitted an actual offer according to Kindberg.

"Negotiations are ongoing but we do not feel stressed. It is important to keep calm in such situations. It is difficult to say whether or when a transition is completed"

When Ghoddos was asked about his situation he said:

"I cannot guarantee that I will play for ÖFK this Saturday"

So his saga is very close to finishing. But are we one of those 2 "English" clubs? It'd make sense for us to be interested with Potter's connection and all. He's not likely to cost more than 6-7 m which is payable imo.

Although Bordeaux looks like the most prolific club that's interested so if they really want him they'll probably get him.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:52 - Jul 26 with 1992 viewsSwansea93

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:40 - Jul 26 by omarjack

Updates on Saman Ghoddos.

He's been doing wonders in Sweden. Scoring 8 goals in 12 league appearances so far.

He rejected the Chinese league. So that's behind us.

Ostersunds's chairman Kindberg said after a reported interest from 2 unnamed English (Welsh?) clubs and interest from 3 French sides (Bordeaux, Rennes and Amiens)..The latter actually submitted an actual offer according to Kindberg.

"Negotiations are ongoing but we do not feel stressed. It is important to keep calm in such situations. It is difficult to say whether or when a transition is completed"

When Ghoddos was asked about his situation he said:

"I cannot guarantee that I will play for ÖFK this Saturday"

So his saga is very close to finishing. But are we one of those 2 "English" clubs? It'd make sense for us to be interested with Potter's connection and all. He's not likely to cost more than 6-7 m which is payable imo.

Although Bordeaux looks like the most prolific club that's interested so if they really want him they'll probably get him.

You'd think he'd come here if we are actually interested, he's rated 1.5M online would be a good singing imo and with Andre leaving this may speed the transfer up.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:01 - Jul 26 with 1983 viewsjasper_T

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:35 - Jul 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Vydra wants £60k a week.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:01 - Jul 26 with 1982 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:52 - Jul 26 by Swansea93

You'd think he'd come here if we are actually interested, he's rated 1.5M online would be a good singing imo and with Andre leaving this may speed the transfer up.

Transfermarkt undervalues players from many leagues. It's my favourite football site but it has it flaws.

Ghoddos is listed as the highest valued player in that league. Surely he's worth more than 1.5 m.

But that doesn't change the fact we can still afford him imo.

But with French 1s tier clubs interested. And at least another English club (might be a Premier League side) then our chances are not so good.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:03 - Jul 26 with 1972 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:01 - Jul 26 by jasper_T

Vydra wants £60k a week.

Then Vydra should move to another league.

But he's not good enough for the PL. Surely not good enough for top clubs in Italy or Spain or France who can afford his wage demands.

His only option is to stop being stupid and accept 30 k/week which is all he's worth in term of wages.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:28 - Jul 26 with 1947 viewsSwansea93

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:01 - Jul 26 by omarjack

Transfermarkt undervalues players from many leagues. It's my favourite football site but it has it flaws.

Ghoddos is listed as the highest valued player in that league. Surely he's worth more than 1.5 m.

But that doesn't change the fact we can still afford him imo.

But with French 1s tier clubs interested. And at least another English club (might be a Premier League side) then our chances are not so good.

Good point, how much was Sema rated because he went for just 1M.

I'm hoping we were waiting to move on Ayew before moving in for Ghoddos that's why he hasn't moved yet, but Bordeaux just lost Malcom so Ghoddos could replace him.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:44 - Jul 26 with 1888 viewsawayjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:01 - Jul 26 by jasper_T

Vydra wants £60k a week.

That mad even in current market. Why doesn't he move to PL?
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:49 - Jul 26 with 1882 viewsjasper_T

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:44 - Jul 26 by awayjack

That mad even in current market. Why doesn't he move to PL?

He's become one of those specialist Championship strikers that the clubs looking to gamble on an expensive promotion campaign try to poach. Demand for quality strikers that are willing to play in this division outstrips supply. He and his agent can (try to) charge a premium.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:58 - Jul 26 with 1865 viewsawayjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:49 - Jul 26 by jasper_T

He's become one of those specialist Championship strikers that the clubs looking to gamble on an expensive promotion campaign try to poach. Demand for quality strikers that are willing to play in this division outstrips supply. He and his agent can (try to) charge a premium.

I guess if £3m for wages helps a club get to the PL but I don't think he's ever been in a promoted team?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024