Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. 13:06 - May 14 with 105712 viewsomarjack

LAST UPDATE: (1 September 2018) (worst case scenario)

-Alfie Mawson:15 £ (done)

-Sam Clucas:6 £ (done)

-Roque Mesa:5.5 £ (done)

-Lukasz Fabianski:7 £ (done)

-Kyle Bartley:4 £ (done)

-Federico Fernandez:6 £ (done)

-Jordi Amat:1 £ (done)

-Andre Ayew:1.3 £ (loan) (done)

-Jordan Ayew:(loan) (done)

-Borja Baston:(loan) (done)

-Ki Sung-Yueng (contract ended)

-Leon Britton (retired)

-Angel Rangel (contract ended)

TOTAL SALES:45.8 £

Signings:

1-Bersant Celina:3 £

2-Joel Asoro:2 £

3-Barrie McKay:0.5 £

4-Declan John:0.8 £

5-Carter-Vickers:(loan)

6-CMF:(loan)

7-CF:(loan)

TOTAL:6.3 £

Net spend: - 39.5 £

-It's also worth mentioning that Graham Potter's compensation is said to be worth 8 m kronas which is worth 680.000 £

*Note:Some deals might be loans or free transfers.

Our squad should look like:

3-5-2

---------------------Bony/Asoro------------McBurnie/Narsingh------------

-----------Celina/Dhanda----------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John---------------Fer/Fulton-----------------Roberts/Naughton

---------Carter-Vickers-------Van der Hoorn---------Rodon-------

---------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder---------------------

4-3-3

------------------------------------McBurnie/Bony--------------------

--------Montero/McKay------------------------------------------Asoro/Narsingh-------

----------------------------------------Celina/Dhanda----------------------------

---------------------------Fer/Fulton--------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John--------Careter-Vickers/Rodon---------Van der Hoorn-------Roberts/Naughton

----------------------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder------------------------------------

+ other academy players like Byers ,Maric,etc could step in..and Dyer and Routledge.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 22:53]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:14 - Jul 26 with 3016 viewsJango

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:58 - Jul 26 by awayjack

I guess if £3m for wages helps a club get to the PL but I don't think he's ever been in a promoted team?

Problem paying that for him is he’s no good at premier league level. Get promoted and you’ve got a below average prem player who’s one of your top earners. I’d hate to see us go down that route.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:54 - Jul 26 with 2965 viewsomarjack

I don't know if we were ever really interested or not. But Ben Godfrey signed a new deal with Norwich. Well..thank f*ck.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:22 - Jul 26 with 2841 viewscwm02

In the game against Eibar. Joel Asoro wasn't on the bench, I'm hoping that is not the case.

Potter wants to play possession football but the midfield isn't there for that at the moment so he should be looking for a holding playmaker in CM to help Potter's philosophy. Not only that but we don't have a leader on the pitch. Should Amat be captain?

Where are the aggressive midfielders, the out and out no nonsense goalscorers?

Burnley and Swansea are in talks for Alfie Mawson, but there continues to be interest from elsewhere https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-locked-t
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 18:24]
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 22:22 - Jul 28 with 2652 viewsmagicdaps10

Linked witht Centre back Ermin Bicakcic.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 22:28 - Jul 28 with 2645 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 22:22 - Jul 28 by magicdaps10

Linked witht Centre back Ermin Bicakcic.

Another Balkan war refugee. That's nice.

He has a Poor injury record. That's simply a deal breaker for me. Even before knowing anything about the player and his ability.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:13 - Jul 28 with 2602 viewsSwansea93

According to Alan Nixon there's one player on his way to us and possibly another to follow.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:41 - Jul 29 with 2459 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:13 - Jul 28 by Swansea93

According to Alan Nixon there's one player on his way to us and possibly another to follow.

Barrie McKay close and keen on Nmecha on loan from City, whoever he is.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:43 - Jul 29 with 2456 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Nmecha is a young striker from city. Crazy how once again we are planning to go into the season without another left back
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:14]
Login to get fewer ads

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:45 - Jul 29 with 2451 viewsraynor94

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:41 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

Barrie McKay close and keen on Nmecha on loan from City, whoever he is.

Good bit of business if we get McKay for the reported £500.000

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:18 - Jul 29 with 2406 viewsJango

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:43 - Jul 29 by exiledinenglandjack

Nmecha is a young striker from city. Crazy how once again we are planning to go into the season without another left back
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:14]

I seen that Nmecha in city’s Friendly against Bayern last night. Looks a beast of a kid. Hit the post first half and scored 2nd half. I’d say on what I witnessed he’s far more suited to the lone striker role than Tammy was for us last year. Wouldn’t object to a few loan signings of this calibre as long as we get 1 or 2 experienced players in also.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:59 - Jul 29 with 2363 viewsawayjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:18 - Jul 29 by Jango

I seen that Nmecha in city’s Friendly against Bayern last night. Looks a beast of a kid. Hit the post first half and scored 2nd half. I’d say on what I witnessed he’s far more suited to the lone striker role than Tammy was for us last year. Wouldn’t object to a few loan signings of this calibre as long as we get 1 or 2 experienced players in also.

The transfer plan was always to use the loan market. Shame we didn't get Wilson but if we get Carter-Vickers (Spurs CB), Ampadu (Chelsea DM) and this lad as striker, and only lose a couple more (Mawson / J Ayew for £35m) current squad, we should compete.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:34 - Jul 29 with 2308 views34dfgdf54

Clucas deal to Burnley currently stalled due to personal terms. Looks like we want to offload.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:44 - Jul 29 with 2297 viewsawayjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:34 - Jul 29 by 34dfgdf54

Clucas deal to Burnley currently stalled due to personal terms. Looks like we want to offload.

Our record of getting multiple deals done is poor. As Board priority is selling the risk is as we get deals finalised for Clucas, Jordan and Mawson we won't have enough time left to bring in the cheaper replacements / loanees.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:59 - Jul 29 with 2271 viewsBadlands

http://the72.co.uk/111570/swansea-city-set-sign-nottingham-forest-winger-cut-pri

Barrie McKay
'The 23-year-old winger is set to make the switch to the Welsh side for a fee of around £500,000. He was linked with a move to Greek side Olympiakos earlier in the transfer window but looks to be staying in the Championship now.'

From an original report in The Scum

(5 goals and 7 assists from 28 games with Forest last season & 6/11 from 48 for Rangers the season before.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:48 - Jul 29 with 2188 viewsawayjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:59 - Jul 29 by Badlands

http://the72.co.uk/111570/swansea-city-set-sign-nottingham-forest-winger-cut-pri

Barrie McKay
'The 23-year-old winger is set to make the switch to the Welsh side for a fee of around £500,000. He was linked with a move to Greek side Olympiakos earlier in the transfer window but looks to be staying in the Championship now.'

From an original report in The Scum

(5 goals and 7 assists from 28 games with Forest last season & 6/11 from 48 for Rangers the season before.)

We seem to have plenty of wingers but no strikers or CM. Maybe we're clearing out Routs, Dyer, Montero and Narsingh.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:00 - Jul 29 with 2136 viewsomarjack

Apparently, We demanded 10 m for Fernandez from Newcastle and they were priced out.

Good job for once from the board. Not accepting this loan deal sh!t.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:13 - Jul 29 with 2116 viewsBadlands

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:48 - Jul 29 by awayjack

We seem to have plenty of wingers but no strikers or CM. Maybe we're clearing out Routs, Dyer, Montero and Narsingh.

We are trying to off-load Narsingh.
Potter is talking about working differently with Montero to get the best out of him and avoiding more injury.
Dyer is definitely staying and Routledge will be used as backup for the wingers and as it stands, Carroll.
I can't see much point in bringing in wingers to supply crosses if we have no one getting to them.
If we keep Bony and he gets fit to play then we'll score.
The alternative is Potter will use wingers as two false 10s as Rodgers did with Sinclair and Borini.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:38 - Jul 29 with 2066 viewsHeadmaster

Not sure how reliable this is, but it looks like Chirivella has opted for Rosenborg over us despite us apparently putting in a higher bid.

[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 15:38]
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:44 - Jul 29 with 2050 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:38 - Jul 29 by Headmaster

Not sure how reliable this is, but it looks like Chirivella has opted for Rosenborg over us despite us apparently putting in a higher bid.

I suppose they've got CL /EL football? If they haven't it makes us look like a leper colony. Top flight football but Norway?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:51 - Jul 29 with 2030 viewsHeadmaster

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:44 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

I suppose they've got CL /EL football? If they haven't it makes us look like a leper colony. Top flight football but Norway?

They got beat by Celtic 3-1 in the Champions League qualifying phase. Will play them again August 1st.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:28 - Jul 29 with 1949 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:38 - Jul 29 by Headmaster

From bad to worse.

From Celina and Chirivella to a f*cking 500 k nobody from Forest..and that Yeovil RB bloke..ffs I'm starting to get frustrated for real. Nobody of any real worth wants to come here. Huw is like a f*cking scarecrow.

I mean Norwegian football is League One level at best..And I'm sure wages are even less than what we should be able to afford in the Championship..how do we f*ck things up the way we do?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 17:29]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 19:25 - Jul 29 with 1863 viewsBadlands

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:28 - Jul 29 by omarjack

From bad to worse.

From Celina and Chirivella to a f*cking 500 k nobody from Forest..and that Yeovil RB bloke..ffs I'm starting to get frustrated for real. Nobody of any real worth wants to come here. Huw is like a f*cking scarecrow.

I mean Norwegian football is League One level at best..And I'm sure wages are even less than what we should be able to afford in the Championship..how do we f*ck things up the way we do?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 17:29]

could it be our recent history with loans and Spanish players?
Abraham
Sanches
Mesa
Borja

And Rosenborg are in the Champions' League.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 23:16 - Jul 29 with 1775 viewsKerouac

...TICK, TOCK

New Manager

Graham Potter (I reckon he's perfect...needs time, 2/3 seasons, and backing)

Players we actually seem to be trying to move on...

Alfie Mawson - £20 - 25m (Fulham, West Ham or Burnley)

Wilfried Bony - £F*ck knows
(AEK Athens or Besiktas, allegedly) ?

Jordan Ayew - £12m? (Fulham, Celtic etc.)

Kyle Naughton - ? (Celtic)

Luciano Narsingh - £?

Fede Fernandez - £6 - £10m? (Newcastle, FC Krasnodar)

Sam Clucas - £12m? (Burnley)

Likely Squad (based on what we know thus far)

Goalkeepers

1) Kristoffer Nordfeldt - Senior Player
2) Erwin Mulder - (Senior Player but clearly a back-up...on low wages)

Right-back
3) Kyle Naughton (?) - Senior Player
4) Connor Roberts

Left-back
5) Martin Olsson - Senior Player
6) Jordi Govea Merlin

Centre-back
7) Jordi Amat (?) - Senior Player
8) Mike Van der Hoorn - Senior Player
9) Fede Fernandez (?) - Senior Player
10) Joe Rodon / Cian Harries?

Defensive Midfield
11) Jay Fulton
12) Sam Clucas (?) - Senior Player

Box to box Midfielder
13) Leroy Fer (?) - Senior Player
14) Matt Grimes(?)

Playmaker
15) Tom Carroll - Senior Player
16) Wayne Routledge (Bloody hell!) - Senior Player

Right-wing
17) Luciano Narsingh (?) - Senior Player
18) Nathan Dyer - Senior Player

Left-wing
19) Jefferson Montero (?) - Senior Player
20) Yann Dhanda

Striker
21) Wilfried Bony ? (Target man) - Senior Player
22) Oliver McBurnie (Poacher)
23) Joel Asoro

Wildcards
24) Daniel James
25) George Byers
26) Steven Benda (3rd choice Keeper)

Players I think we need

1) Centre-half
Someone experienced. A leader. A calm head. A captain. (This position now appears to be URGENTLY required...the only senior centre-half we can be sure is intending to stay is Mike van der Hoorn).

I now reckon we will need to sign 2 centre-halves by the end of the transfer window.

Newspaper links: Scott McKenna (£3.5m...good player but only 21. We would need 1 more experienced centre-back if both Mawson and Amat leaves)
Now linked with Danny Amartey (Leicester City) too, who can fill in at CB

2) Defensive Midfielder
Someone experienced. A leader. Add to the shopping list; works his nuts off, is aggressive, does the simple things well.
Though if we can't find such a player who wants to play for us we could do a lot worse than Ethan Ampadu.

Newspaper links: Harry Arter
Now linked with Danny Amartey (Leicester City) too, who can fill in at DM

3) Playmaker / No. 10
Someone high energy, young and hungry. Someone who can get among the goals, someone who takes risks, someone who is cocky/arrogant and lives for shutting up critics mouths.
A young Prem player on loan?

Newspaper Links: Kerim Mrabti the Swedish "Eden Hazard".
19th July - Bersant Celina is being linked with us now, for £4m.

4) Striker / Target Man
Someone to replace Bony.

Sam Vokes was a good shout actually Omar, he'd be effective.
29th July - Lukas Nmecha now linked.

Players we seem to be signing (according to the media at least)

1) Right-Back
Tom James is apparently waiting on us shifting some millionaires so we can bring him in for £350k.

2) Right-Back / DM / CB
Now linked with Danny Amartey (Leicester City) too, who can fill in at CB & DM.

3) Left-winger

Signed ex-Liverpool youngster Yann Dhanda already and Potter is on record stating that he hopes to revive Montero's Swansea career...and of course, there's always Routs...yet we are still being heavily linked in the media with 2 more;
- Bersant Celina (plays AM also) for £5m ish
- Barrie McKay (plays ST also) for £500k.

4) Right-Winger
Will Huw swoop for Albert Adomah after what seems like 8 years of following him around forlornly?

16th July - Following Bartley's departure to West Brom there emerges a story in the press (possibly planted by an agent) linking us with the Baggies' Matt Phillips.
IMO Phillips is exactly the type of player we need...not holding my breath on this one though.

5) Striker
Potter seems to be hoping to move on Bony and the Ayews and replace with one Saman Ghoddos( from his old club Ostersunds).
Also linked with Britt Assombalonga but that is unlikely, as he will cost decent money, Mbaye Diagne and now Lukas Nmecha (Man City youngster).

Already signed Swedish youngster Joel Asoro (although he may have been bought to play on the right-wing predominantly).

Players we have actually signed = £2-3m + 1 x senior player wage

1) Jordi Govea Merlin (U23?)
2) Yann Dhanda (U23?)
3) Joel Asoro - £2m

Players we have actually sold/released/Loaned = £18m + 8 x senior player wages

1) Ki Seung-Yeung - £0 (Newcastle Utd.)
2) Angel Rangel - £0
3) Leon Britton - £0
4) Roque Mesa - £7m (Sevilla)
5) Lukazs Fabianski - £7m (West Ham)
6) Adam King - LOANED (to Peterborough)
7) Kyle Bartley - £4m (Could be £6m if West Brom get promoted)
8) Borja Baston - LOANED (to Alaves)
9) Andre Ayew - LOANED (to Fenerbache)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:15 - Jul 30 with 1724 viewsomarjack

So..

It's looking like the OP post is rather optimistic. And I'm starting to believe we're really in the sh!t.

The current squad will finish between 12th-17th place imo..And without serious investment we'll be stuck in limbo just like Hull and Norwich etc. And unfortunately that's how it's looking. Sometimes it's the stingy board's fault..sometimes it's because we're not an interesting prospect for players. And if what's been reported is true, That Chirivella rejected us for the Norwegian league then you can see how unappealing we've become..As if very few would want to join this sh!thouse of a situation we're in.

Who knows about Celina..I don't think we'll manage it personally. He'll be snapped by a less shambolic club. Ghoddos? Forestieri? Dream on..

The window will probably look like this..

-Joel Asoro:2 m

-Tom James:0.35 m

-Barrie McKay:0.5 m

-CB: probably a loan deal for some youngster..someone here mentioned we're seriously in negotiations to sign Cameron Carter-Vickers.

-CF: it's looking like we want to sign one on loan..like Lukas Nmecha..but since there are other suitors we'll probably miss out on him. And we'll chase a worse option..then end up with a panic buy of some useless League One striker..I'm thinking Tom Bradshow from Barnsley or someone terrible player like that f*ck forbids.

As for CMF?..who the f*ck knows..probably the board will think Carroll, Grimes, Fulton, Maric are decent options until Fer and Clucas come back..if Clucas doesn't get sold of course.

And that'd be pretty much it..Total spent: 2.85 m

Well maybe I'm overly pessimistic..But we're not seeing any glimpses of hope.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 0:17]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:20 - Jul 30 with 1716 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:15 - Jul 30 by omarjack

So..

It's looking like the OP post is rather optimistic. And I'm starting to believe we're really in the sh!t.

The current squad will finish between 12th-17th place imo..And without serious investment we'll be stuck in limbo just like Hull and Norwich etc. And unfortunately that's how it's looking. Sometimes it's the stingy board's fault..sometimes it's because we're not an interesting prospect for players. And if what's been reported is true, That Chirivella rejected us for the Norwegian league then you can see how unappealing we've become..As if very few would want to join this sh!thouse of a situation we're in.

Who knows about Celina..I don't think we'll manage it personally. He'll be snapped by a less shambolic club. Ghoddos? Forestieri? Dream on..

The window will probably look like this..

-Joel Asoro:2 m

-Tom James:0.35 m

-Barrie McKay:0.5 m

-CB: probably a loan deal for some youngster..someone here mentioned we're seriously in negotiations to sign Cameron Carter-Vickers.

-CF: it's looking like we want to sign one on loan..like Lukas Nmecha..but since there are other suitors we'll probably miss out on him. And we'll chase a worse option..then end up with a panic buy of some useless League One striker..I'm thinking Tom Bradshow from Barnsley or someone terrible player like that f*ck forbids.

As for CMF?..who the f*ck knows..probably the board will think Carroll, Grimes, Fulton, Maric are decent options until Fer and Clucas come back..if Clucas doesn't get sold of course.

And that'd be pretty much it..Total spent: 2.85 m

Well maybe I'm overly pessimistic..But we're not seeing any glimpses of hope.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 0:17]

You should have put this on your "doom mongers" thread

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024