Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. 13:06 - May 14 with 106270 viewsomarjack

LAST UPDATE: (1 September 2018) (worst case scenario)

-Alfie Mawson:15 £ (done)

-Sam Clucas:6 £ (done)

-Roque Mesa:5.5 £ (done)

-Lukasz Fabianski:7 £ (done)

-Kyle Bartley:4 £ (done)

-Federico Fernandez:6 £ (done)

-Jordi Amat:1 £ (done)

-Andre Ayew:1.3 £ (loan) (done)

-Jordan Ayew:(loan) (done)

-Borja Baston:(loan) (done)

-Ki Sung-Yueng (contract ended)

-Leon Britton (retired)

-Angel Rangel (contract ended)

TOTAL SALES:45.8 £

Signings:

1-Bersant Celina:3 £

2-Joel Asoro:2 £

3-Barrie McKay:0.5 £

4-Declan John:0.8 £

5-Carter-Vickers:(loan)

6-CMF:(loan)

7-CF:(loan)

TOTAL:6.3 £

Net spend: - 39.5 £

-It's also worth mentioning that Graham Potter's compensation is said to be worth 8 m kronas which is worth 680.000 £

*Note:Some deals might be loans or free transfers.

Our squad should look like:

3-5-2

---------------------Bony/Asoro------------McBurnie/Narsingh------------

-----------Celina/Dhanda----------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John---------------Fer/Fulton-----------------Roberts/Naughton

---------Carter-Vickers-------Van der Hoorn---------Rodon-------

---------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder---------------------

4-3-3

------------------------------------McBurnie/Bony--------------------

--------Montero/McKay------------------------------------------Asoro/Narsingh-------

----------------------------------------Celina/Dhanda----------------------------

---------------------------Fer/Fulton--------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John--------Careter-Vickers/Rodon---------Van der Hoorn-------Roberts/Naughton

----------------------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder------------------------------------

+ other academy players like Byers ,Maric,etc could step in..and Dyer and Routledge.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 22:53]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:23 - Jul 30 with 2691 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:15 - Jul 30 by omarjack

So..

It's looking like the OP post is rather optimistic. And I'm starting to believe we're really in the sh!t.

The current squad will finish between 12th-17th place imo..And without serious investment we'll be stuck in limbo just like Hull and Norwich etc. And unfortunately that's how it's looking. Sometimes it's the stingy board's fault..sometimes it's because we're not an interesting prospect for players. And if what's been reported is true, That Chirivella rejected us for the Norwegian league then you can see how unappealing we've become..As if very few would want to join this sh!thouse of a situation we're in.

Who knows about Celina..I don't think we'll manage it personally. He'll be snapped by a less shambolic club. Ghoddos? Forestieri? Dream on..

The window will probably look like this..

-Joel Asoro:2 m

-Tom James:0.35 m

-Barrie McKay:0.5 m

-CB: probably a loan deal for some youngster..someone here mentioned we're seriously in negotiations to sign Cameron Carter-Vickers.

-CF: it's looking like we want to sign one on loan..like Lukas Nmecha..but since there are other suitors we'll probably miss out on him. And we'll chase a worse option..then end up with a panic buy of some useless League One striker..I'm thinking Tom Bradshow from Barnsley or someone terrible player like that f*ck forbids.

As for CMF?..who the f*ck knows..probably the board will think Carroll, Grimes, Fulton, Maric are decent options until Fer and Clucas come back..if Clucas doesn't get sold of course.

And that'd be pretty much it..Total spent: 2.85 m

Well maybe I'm overly pessimistic..But we're not seeing any glimpses of hope.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 0:17]

Contact the Res .He's already said we have the core of a competitive championship side. He'll turn your frown upside down....

Typo edited
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 0:59]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:26 - Jul 30 with 2691 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:20 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

You should have put this on your "doom mongers" thread

Haha..I'm aware of the irony of it all. SCFC always make me bipolar and conflicted.

But the clock is ticking..our targets are being snapped by other clubs or the links turn out to be made up by Journos. And the current squad has too many glaring flaws you wonder how we'll fix most of them in a matter of few days.

My only optimism comes from the fact that most Championship clubs have squads that are as bad if not a bit worse..at least on paper..which might help us compete a bit maybe? The very least not to be in a serious relegation battle. But after the parachute payments run out..we're f*cked of course.

UNLESS

We get some really good transfers in..Fer, Clucas and Bony snap out of injuries and perform really well..but as I said..the clock is ticking.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:28 - Jul 30 with 2685 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:23 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Contact the Res .He's already said we have the core of a competitive championship side. He'll turn your frown upside down....

Typo edited
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 0:59]

Yes we have the core to compete..but there are glaring deficiencies to be addressed. No?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 01:01 - Jul 30 with 2643 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:28 - Jul 30 by omarjack

Yes we have the core to compete..but there are glaring deficiencies to be addressed. No?

I was being sarcastic

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:11 - Jul 30 with 2454 viewsomarjack

Is the window starting to take actual shape?

-Scott McKenna?:3.5 £

-Bersant Celina:3 £

-Joel Asoro:2 £

-Barrie Mckay:0.5 £

-Tom James:0.35 £

-Lukas Nmecha:(loan)

-Mystery CMF?: (loan)???

-Yan Dhanda:free (I included him because I think he'll crack the senior squad soon enough)
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 11:13]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:35 - Jul 30 with 2421 viewsBadlands

The loan market is available until the end of August as are transfers to most of he rest of Europe.
I'd expect at least three if not four players to come in on loan and five to leave either sold or loaned - Mawson, Fede, Narsingh, Lucas and Bony with Nordfeldt as an outside bet if we bring in an experienced keeper which given his pre-season performances we may need.)

Also
Fede must be worth £10 million if Ash (2 years older) went for £12.
Has anyone made a serious offer for Mawson at anything like our asking price? Rumours seem to be more in-keeping with touting a player rather than actually selling one.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 13:57]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:38 - Jul 30 with 2411 viewsSwansea93

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:35 - Jul 30 by Badlands

The loan market is available until the end of August as are transfers to most of he rest of Europe.
I'd expect at least three if not four players to come in on loan and five to leave either sold or loaned - Mawson, Fede, Narsingh, Lucas and Bony with Nordfeldt as an outside bet if we bring in an experienced keeper which given his pre-season performances we may need.)

Also
Has anyone made a serious offer for Mawson at anything like our asking price? Rumours seem to be more in-keeping with touting a player rather than actually selling one.

Mawson on the verge of joining Fulham for 20M plus 5M add ons.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:12 - Jul 30 with 2370 viewsBadlands

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:38 - Jul 30 by Swansea93

Mawson on the verge of joining Fulham for 20M plus 5M add ons.

I hope so and soon.
And if we can mug Fulham for that kind of money all the better.

Login to get fewer ads

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:19 - Jul 30 with 2360 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:12 - Jul 30 by Badlands

I hope so and soon.
And if we can mug Fulham for that kind of money all the better.

Great deal for us..as for them, They could have landed Fernandez for half of the money and got themselves a CB that's about as good.

But being English huh?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:36 - Jul 30 with 2334 viewsexiledinenglandjack

According to Sky Pablo Hernandez is facing an uncertain future at the club. Well i'd be pretty uncertain if i left the clubs years ago too!

MAWSON-FULHAM TALKS ONGOING

Some more Swansea news as we understand talks continue over the transfer of defender Alfie Mawson to Fulham.

Discussions are at an advanced stage over a deal expected to be worth a total of £20m.

Kyle Naughton, Pablo Hernandez and Jordan Ayew also face uncertain futures at the Swans with less than two weeks left of the transfer window remaining.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:32 - Jul 30 with 2276 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:35 - Jul 30 by Badlands

Also

August??

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:58 - Jul 30 with 2234 viewsBadlands

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:32 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

August??

Appreciated
and corrected.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:48 - Jul 30 with 2153 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:58 - Jul 30 by Badlands

Appreciated
and corrected.

That's a relief.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 16:01 - Jul 30 with 2117 viewsmagicdaps10

So it looks like we are bring in Mckay and Celina and losing Mawson, if we can offload Naughton, Ayew and Fernandez, we are left with.

Nordfellt, Mulder

Roberts, Olsson, Govea

Amat, Vdh,

Carroll, Fulton, Clucas, Grimes, Fer, Celina

Dyer, Routledge, Montero, Narsingh, Mckay

Bony, McBurnie, Asoro

Personally I then see the need for

1xRb
2xCb
2xCm

One thing that stands out that we are missing is a leader or 2, experience in with those youngsters especially at the back.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 16:24 - Jul 30 with 2081 viewsSwansea93

Celina has signed his contract.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdvarCelina/status/1023949395275001856/photo/1

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:21 - Jul 30 with 2016 views34dfgdf54

We are leading the race for Nmecha according to a Man City fanzine account on twitter. No idea how reliable.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:22 - Jul 30 with 2010 viewsLeonWasGod

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 16:24 - Jul 30 by Swansea93

Celina has signed his contract.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdvarCelina/status/1023949395275001856/photo/1

I think that's good. Had a reputation last season for talent but going missing for spells too. But that was playing under Mick McCarthy's hoofball. May suit us better under Potter. Here's hoping.

Welcome Bersant - massive Swans fan too.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:23 - Jul 30 with 2008 viewsawayjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 16:01 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

So it looks like we are bring in Mckay and Celina and losing Mawson, if we can offload Naughton, Ayew and Fernandez, we are left with.

Nordfellt, Mulder

Roberts, Olsson, Govea

Amat, Vdh,

Bony, McBurnie, Asoro

1xRb
2xCb
2xCm

One thing that stands out that we are missing is a leader or 2, experience in with those youngsters especially at the back.

Agree with this but we'll need another striker to start season / cover if Bony doesn't fully recover. NMecha bloke would fit the bill.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:27 - Jul 30 with 1991 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 16:01 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

Nordfellt, Mulder

Roberts, Olsson, Govea

Amat, Vdh,

Bony, McBurnie, Asoro

1xRb
2xCb
2xCm

Asoro will be used as a winger, his preferred position.

Him, Montero, McKay, Narsingh and Dyer will rotate on the wings I reckon, especially Jeff who will be upsed sparingly due to his fitness issues.

Routs will be cover at 10 imo. We can do a lot worse.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:53 - Jul 30 with 1940 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:27 - Jul 30 by 34dfgdf54

Asoro will be used as a winger, his preferred position.

Him, Montero, McKay, Narsingh and Dyer will rotate on the wings I reckon, especially Jeff who will be upsed sparingly due to his fitness issues.

Routs will be cover at 10 imo. We can do a lot worse.

I think Narsingh will seal a Fenerbahce loan before September.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:55 - Jul 30 with 1932 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:53 - Jul 30 by omarjack

I think Narsingh will seal a Fenerbahce loan before September.

Possibly. I’d hope we could keep him, but we probably will need to clear wages.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:04 - Jul 30 with 1891 viewsJango

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 17:55 - Jul 30 by 34dfgdf54

Possibly. I’d hope we could keep him, but we probably will need to clear wages.

Not sure if it’s been posted but Blackburn have completed the loan signing of Chelsea striker Kasey Palmer. Hopefully that leaves us in pole position for the Man City kid.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:06 - Jul 30 with 1888 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:04 - Jul 30 by Jango

Not sure if it’s been posted but Blackburn have completed the loan signing of Chelsea striker Kasey Palmer. Hopefully that leaves us in pole position for the Man City kid.

Nmecha would be great, Even though I dislike loan deals. But sometimes we have to do with what we can.

I believe Nmecha's confirmation is a matter of time.

Anyway..Kasey Palmer is an attacking midfielder so signing him doesn't mean they won't go for Nmecha. But still I believe we're in a better position to get him.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 18:09]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:06 - Jul 30 with 1888 views34dfgdf54

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:04 - Jul 30 by Jango

Nah haven’t seen that. Good news.

Man City fans on twitter tipping Nmecha for top goal scorer in Championship. They obviously have no idea about the Championship, but it’s good to hear he’s so well thought of at a club with the talent they have.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:09 - Jul 30 with 1877 viewsJango

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 18:06 - Jul 30 by 34dfgdf54

Nah haven’t seen that. Good news.

Man City fans on twitter tipping Nmecha for top goal scorer in Championship. They obviously have no idea about the Championship, but it’s good to hear he’s so well thought of at a club with the talent they have.

​​Chelsea have ​confirmed that 21-year-old striker Kasey Palmer has joined Championship side ​Blackburn Rovers on a season-long loan deal.

Palmer will stay at Ewood Park until the end of the season as he prepares to join his third different loan club at the age of just 21.

Blackburn could well be after both but hopefully it gives us the edge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024