Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. 13:06 - May 14 with 105751 viewsomarjack

LAST UPDATE: (1 September 2018) (worst case scenario)

-Alfie Mawson:15 £ (done)

-Sam Clucas:6 £ (done)

-Roque Mesa:5.5 £ (done)

-Lukasz Fabianski:7 £ (done)

-Kyle Bartley:4 £ (done)

-Federico Fernandez:6 £ (done)

-Jordi Amat:1 £ (done)

-Andre Ayew:1.3 £ (loan) (done)

-Jordan Ayew:(loan) (done)

-Borja Baston:(loan) (done)

-Ki Sung-Yueng (contract ended)

-Leon Britton (retired)

-Angel Rangel (contract ended)

TOTAL SALES:45.8 £

Signings:

1-Bersant Celina:3 £

2-Joel Asoro:2 £

3-Barrie McKay:0.5 £

4-Declan John:0.8 £

5-Carter-Vickers:(loan)

6-CMF:(loan)

7-CF:(loan)

TOTAL:6.3 £

Net spend: - 39.5 £

-It's also worth mentioning that Graham Potter's compensation is said to be worth 8 m kronas which is worth 680.000 £

*Note:Some deals might be loans or free transfers.

Our squad should look like:

3-5-2

---------------------Bony/Asoro------------McBurnie/Narsingh------------

-----------Celina/Dhanda----------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John---------------Fer/Fulton-----------------Roberts/Naughton

---------Carter-Vickers-------Van der Hoorn---------Rodon-------

---------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder---------------------

4-3-3

------------------------------------McBurnie/Bony--------------------

--------Montero/McKay------------------------------------------Asoro/Narsingh-------

----------------------------------------Celina/Dhanda----------------------------

---------------------------Fer/Fulton--------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John--------Careter-Vickers/Rodon---------Van der Hoorn-------Roberts/Naughton

----------------------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder------------------------------------

+ other academy players like Byers ,Maric,etc could step in..and Dyer and Routledge.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 22:53]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 01:57 - May 18 with 5395 viewsKerouac

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 01:05 - May 18 by jasper_T

Yeah but you're not looking at him and thinking "I wish we could play him as a winger" are you? He's barely creative enough for a modern fullback.

I am hoping that either Ayew/Narsingh/Dhanda/Clucas is a force for us on the left wing, but if Olsson is also an option...either as a left wing-back or a left-midfielder that not only strengthens our in-game options but also reduces risk.
If we are struggling to create goals and none of the left-midfield options are making the shirt their own, or if Ayew/Narsingh are needed up front or on the right-wing... at least we would know that we can put the left on lockdown and still provide good width with an Oviedo/Olsson combo for example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 05:13 - May 18 with 5355 viewsjasper_T

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 01:57 - May 18 by Kerouac

I am hoping that either Ayew/Narsingh/Dhanda/Clucas is a force for us on the left wing, but if Olsson is also an option...either as a left wing-back or a left-midfielder that not only strengthens our in-game options but also reduces risk.
If we are struggling to create goals and none of the left-midfield options are making the shirt their own, or if Ayew/Narsingh are needed up front or on the right-wing... at least we would know that we can put the left on lockdown and still provide good width with an Oviedo/Olsson combo for example.

Dan James should be on your left wing list if you're including Dhanda (a less experienced player we don't own yet). I'd even take Routledge before trying Olsson there.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 07:35 - May 18 with 5319 viewstheloneranger

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:59 - May 18 by omarjack

During his spells in the Championship,Olsson impressed as an LB,that's his level and I hope he'll shine again. don't forget he got promoted 2 times before joining us.

"don't forget he got promoted 2 times before joining us"

Relegated 4 times from the Premier League.

He spent 5 seasons in the Premier League and relegated 4 times. The only season he wasn't relegated was the season he joined us.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 08:50 - May 18 with 5291 viewsdameedna

Mcburnie and Abraham (loan) up top with Jordan Ayew if he stays.

Midfield routs dyer narsingh carroll king fulton fer

Defence naughton roberts vdh bartley olsson

Keeper nordfelt

Core of 16 players plus 3 or 4 more signings and the rest from 23s
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:02 - May 18 with 5232 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 01:48 - May 18 by Kerouac

Re: Andre and Bony my thoughts are...

Bony.
Who will want to take Bony off our hands with the injury he has just had? I can only see any possible deal being dependent on;
- us subsidising the move (very bad for us)
or
- him proving his fitness for us in pre-season and the first handful of games (if he does that he could be exactly who we need in the Championship to both score goals and be that target man we know he can be for the young players who would benefit from playing off him).

Ayew.
Who would want to sign him after his performance since January unless;
- We practically give a £20m experienced, adaptable, International footballer away.

Now I'm not saying that won't happen, it could well happen...might even be necessary, depending on other transfer activity...but right now I think he could be persuaded to stay and play with his brother (and I think we could afford the wages for a season if we shift on the right people...I forgot to include Baston, Sanches, Abraham, Ki, Routledge, Rangel and Leon's wages being shorn from the squad on my list as well as Fabianski, Fernandez, Mawson, Amat, and Mesa).

Andre Ayew should shine in the Championship I reckon.

CB: I like your thinking
DM: Possibly, need to have a think about that one over the summer.
AM: I haven't seen enough of Bobby Reid to judge. I like Jarrod Bowen though and I fancy that Harry Wilson has something a bit special...only seen him a few times as well but he has seriously impressed me.

CF: It does depend on who leaves. If a slot was freed up I would favour a loan deal I reckon...either an exciting youngster or someone like Ings/Mitrovic/Niasse for a season would be good.

LB: I like Bryan Oviedo (always have) who has just gone down to L1 with Sunderland. He is too good to play in L1

I hope Andre and Jordan stay of course. they'd cut through those defences like butter..and with Mcburnie and maybe Wilson on loan..and with some additions to the midfield and defence and we'll be straight back up (in an ideal world)

But I believe Andre's wages are going to be too big for the Championship (as we bought him at a very desperate time which is why I don't think there was a relegation wage cut clause in his contract)

As for Oviedo..haven't seen enough of him,but I'll trust your opinion.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 11:05]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 22:28 - May 18 with 5073 viewsomarjack

Some ageing players over 30 we could look into:

-Mirallas (certainly Everton would wanna rid of him at least on loan,he's had a really good career,My only objection is him having a terrible loan spell in Greece right now)
-Markus Berg (Swedish international,he's fooling the remaining time of his career in the Arab Emirates,he's been having an immense season there though)
-Seydou Doumbia (he hasn't been cutting in Portugal with Sporting Lisbon,maybe he'd cut it at a Championship level?)
-Cignac (he's almost out of contract with Tigres and available for free,but might think the Championship is beneath him)
-Garry Hooper (we should be aiming for better)
-Blasczcykowski (probably I spelled it wrong)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 07:19 - May 19 with 4993 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:23 - May 18 by omarjack

Great insight,although,It's impossible we'll be able to keep both Andre and Bony based on their colossal wages for a Championship club.

I'd say for a CB,we could try to go for Huth or Klavan (Huth available for free,Klavan probably not needed at Liverpool since Van Dijk joined them)

for a DMF,we could perhaps go for Mo Diame?

for a playmaker (AMF/winger),Harry Wilson is a great shout,although Jarrod Bowen and Bobby Reid come close,Reid is available for free this summer.

imo we need a new CF as Bony or A.Ayew (or both) will be leaving ..I'm thinking about either getting a loan deal for someone like Mitrovic (although not likely at all as Fulham will probably snap him) or perhaps Ings/Calvert-Lewin or Niasse...or we can go for that Ispwich guy Waghorn,had a superb season,probably affordable.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 0:35]

Who on earth would buy Bony now? If he cuts his wages he'd murder this league . We need a right back , centre half, CDM , two wingers , a creative number ten and a striker should Bony leave.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:34 - May 20 with 4899 viewsomarjack

Other names we might want to look into:

-Josh Windass (Rangers player,he plays mostly an an AMF of left midfield,had a great season in Scotland,But as Gerrard is interested in Mcburnie,they'd want a swap and that'll complicate things etc..)

-Jack Marriott (plays for Peterborough in League One who failed to get promoted to the Championship,he was top scorer this season with 27 goals,he's only 23,the thing is,remember when we flooded our squad with Championship players and then ended up in the Championship? If we start buying League One players,where will we end up?)

-Krmencik (Czech player who plays for Victoria Plzen,a CF who was linked to Newcastle,probably the most profilic striker in his league)

-Bamba (his contract runs out this month with St Etienne,had a really good season in France,he's a winger,only 21 years old,was linked to Newcastle as well,since he'd be a freebie,perhaps we can try to lure him with decent wages as I think he could be great for us,even in the PL one day)

-Raphinha (had an excellent season in Portugal with Guimaraes,scoring 15 goals as a winger,he's only 20)

-Nakajima (another player who had a good season in Portugal (Portimonese),Japanese,23,a classic Playmaker,he scored 10 goals and created 12 assists)
[Post edited 20 May 2018 0:57]

Login to get fewer ads

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:42 - May 20 with 4803 viewsomarjack

It seems like I'm getting to the end of the line when it comes to suggestions. And players are only getting sh!ttier by the minute..I'll give few suggestions..although I'm not very convinced..

-Serero (DMF who plays for Vitesse,he's kind of short but with decent passing and pace)

-Florin Tanase (The hottest prospect in the Romanian league,he's only 22,a winger that scored 9 goals in 27 matches,and has 3 Romania caps)

-El Khayati (an AMF who plays for Den Haag,he played for QPR the season before that..scoring 5 in 12 matches,I'm not sure why he wasn't featured more,although he's already 29,he's had a decent campaign in the Eredivisie,scoring 8 and creating 12 assists in 32 games)

-Dwamena (Zurich CF,still only 22,scored 9 and created 8 assists last season(

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:46 - May 20 with 4800 viewsomarjack

Oh..and how about Ryan Christie?

He's had a good campaign with Aberdeen (on loan from Celtic),scored 4 and made 10 assists..he's an AMF who also prefers to play on the right,He's only 23..

It'd be a shame to get our hands on Celtic cast-offs..but times have changed..

That also reminded me of Stuart Armstrong,we were linked to him last summer..wonder if such deal could happen.

Other Celtic names to be considered..Griffith and McGregor.
[Post edited 20 May 2018 11:49]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:58 - May 21 with 4673 viewsomarjack

Other players from the Scottish Premiership we might want to look into:

-Forrest (Celtic,Right Midfielder)

-John Souttar (a 21 CB who plays for Hearts,he's impressed this season and I believe he could be a good signing for us,he's been linked with Derby,he shouldn't cost more than a couple of millions)

-Simunovic (arguably the best CB in the league,but I believe he'll be too costy for our standards right now,if we remained in the PL it'd have been a different story)

-Sviatchenko (CB who's owned by Celtic,he spent the season with Mydtjllland in Denmark on loan,my knowledge of him is limited)

-And for the most notable link..

Alfredo Morelos (This one is obvious,he's been superb this season with Rangers,the problem is why would he go to us..but in the other hand,Rangers,like all other Scottish clubs except Celtic,have serious financial trouble,and I don't think they'd resist a 12 m offer for example,would be a fabulous signing)
[Post edited 21 May 2018 0:59]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 01:40 - May 21 with 4653 viewsscottishjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:46 - May 20 by omarjack

Oh..and how about Ryan Christie?

He's had a good campaign with Aberdeen (on loan from Celtic),scored 4 and made 10 assists..he's an AMF who also prefers to play on the right,He's only 23..

It'd be a shame to get our hands on Celtic cast-offs..but times have changed..

That also reminded me of Stuart Armstrong,we were linked to him last summer..wonder if such deal could happen.

Other Celtic names to be considered..Griffith and McGregor.
[Post edited 20 May 2018 11:49]

Griffiths is the one that stands out, didn’t have a great time at Wolves, but he’s improved under Rogers a lot, and seems to have sorted himself out. (His off the pitch antics were a worry) Sadly, I reckon a couple of Prem teams might be interested...
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:19 - May 21 with 4571 viewshobo

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:58 - May 21 by omarjack

Other players from the Scottish Premiership we might want to look into:

-Forrest (Celtic,Right Midfielder)

-John Souttar (a 21 CB who plays for Hearts,he's impressed this season and I believe he could be a good signing for us,he's been linked with Derby,he shouldn't cost more than a couple of millions)

-Simunovic (arguably the best CB in the league,but I believe he'll be too costy for our standards right now,if we remained in the PL it'd have been a different story)

-Sviatchenko (CB who's owned by Celtic,he spent the season with Mydtjllland in Denmark on loan,my knowledge of him is limited)

-And for the most notable link..

Alfredo Morelos (This one is obvious,he's been superb this season with Rangers,the problem is why would he go to us..but in the other hand,Rangers,like all other Scottish clubs except Celtic,have serious financial trouble,and I don't think they'd resist a 12 m offer for example,would be a fabulous signing)
[Post edited 21 May 2018 0:59]

12m for morelos?! They signed him for 1m a year ago. 14 goals in 35 games in an awful league doesn't increase a players value 1100%
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:20 - May 21 with 4531 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:19 - May 21 by hobo

12m for morelos?! They signed him for 1m a year ago. 14 goals in 35 games in an awful league doesn't increase a players value 1100%

lol the Championship is only slightly better than that "awful league" let's face it..

Plus Morelos is only 22,and he looks like a +15 striker at a Championship level.

And I usually tend to exaggerate potential fees to make a worst case scenario.

EDIT:I just saw that it was reported that Beijing Rehne bid 11 m for him..and Rangers actually rejected the offer..wow.
[Post edited 21 May 2018 10:21]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:01 - May 21 with 4498 viewsjasper_T

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:20 - May 21 by omarjack

lol the Championship is only slightly better than that "awful league" let's face it..

Plus Morelos is only 22,and he looks like a +15 striker at a Championship level.

EDIT:I just saw that it was reported that Beijing Rehne bid 11 m for him..and Rangers actually rejected the offer..wow.

It's crazy what people report these days, isn't it.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:13 - May 21 with 4474 viewshobo

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:20 - May 21 by omarjack

Thats fair enough. Though I wouldn't be happy at all if we splashed out all that money on him. If we'd discovered him last season like Rangers did then that's a different story
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:19 - May 21 with 4459 viewsEU5Makaveli

I like the look of some of Brentford’s younger players. Ollie Watkins, Seri Canos, and Rico Henry.
Not sure how much they’d cost though
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:26 - May 21 with 4444 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:19 - May 21 by EU5Makaveli

I like the look of some of Brentford’s younger players. Ollie Watkins, Seri Canos, and Rico Henry.
Not sure how much they’d cost though

Ollie Watkins is real quality..I forgot about him for some reason.

A club with Brentford's finances would bite our hands with an 8-10 m offer.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:31 - May 21 with 4435 viewsmagicdaps10

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:26 - May 21 by omarjack

Ollie Watkins is real quality..I forgot about him for some reason.

A club with Brentford's finances would bite our hands with an 8-10 m offer.

No way will we be spending 8m in the champ.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:35 - May 21 with 4429 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:31 - May 21 by magicdaps10

We'll sell players for a decent return..(at least we should do so)

I can see us realistically spending close to 20-25 m on about 3 signings + a loan or 2..(at least we should at the very minimum do so for a genuine chance to get back up)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:42 - May 21 with 4421 viewsmajorraglan

It all depends on who the new manager is and the direction the club want to take. If it’s back to basics and trying to reestablish the type of football the club once played I would be inclined to look in Europe, Spain, Holland and Italy.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:46 - May 21 with 4416 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:42 - May 21 by majorraglan

It all depends on who the new manager is and the direction the club want to take. If it’s back to basics and trying to reestablish the type of football the club once played I would be inclined to look in Europe, Spain, Holland and Italy.

I love the Dutch prospects..very similar to the Championship in terms of quality (although Championship is more physical)..Generally,players from the Eredevisie don't cut it at a PL level but do well enough in our 2nd tier.

The clubs are always in financial trouble..you can pry their most precious possessions with modest money (except Ajax,PSV and Feyenoord perhaps),the wages are very small,we can lure players without having to offer big wages as well.
[Post edited 21 May 2018 11:47]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:47 - May 21 with 4413 viewsperplex

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 19:53 - May 14 by JACKMANANDBOY

Ahem, I've watched Ayew.

Exactly I can not see anyone offering more than 7 or 8 mill for him, maybe lower.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:43 - May 21 with 4377 viewsBadlands

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:31 - May 21 by magicdaps10

If we are going to bring in quality players we will have to IMO.
Assombalonga transferred from Forest to Middlesborough for £15 million
& Wolves paid Benfica £12 million for Costa two years ago.
Also two years ago Villa paid Fulham £12 million for Ross McCormack!!
If we intend going big we'll have to spend big.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:52 - May 21 with 4365 viewsAustinIsOurHero

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:43 - May 21 by Badlands

If we are going to bring in quality players we will have to IMO.
Assombalonga transferred from Forest to Middlesborough for £15 million
& Wolves paid Benfica £12 million for Costa two years ago.
Also two years ago Villa paid Fulham £12 million for Ross McCormack!!
If we intend going big we'll have to spend big.

You don't necessarily have to spend big if you find the right players. We've proved that in the past.

Has Assombalonga got Boro promoted? How did McCormack do at Villa?

Spending big doesn't guarantee you success. More than ever, we need to be frugal with our money.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024