Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. 13:06 - May 14 with 104753 viewsomarjack

LAST UPDATE: (1 September 2018) (worst case scenario)

-Alfie Mawson:15 £ (done)

-Sam Clucas:6 £ (done)

-Roque Mesa:5.5 £ (done)

-Lukasz Fabianski:7 £ (done)

-Kyle Bartley:4 £ (done)

-Federico Fernandez:6 £ (done)

-Jordi Amat:1 £ (done)

-Andre Ayew:1.3 £ (loan) (done)

-Jordan Ayew:(loan) (done)

-Borja Baston:(loan) (done)

-Ki Sung-Yueng (contract ended)

-Leon Britton (retired)

-Angel Rangel (contract ended)

TOTAL SALES:45.8 £

Signings:

1-Bersant Celina:3 £

2-Joel Asoro:2 £

3-Barrie McKay:0.5 £

4-Declan John:0.8 £

5-Carter-Vickers:(loan)

6-CMF:(loan)

7-CF:(loan)

TOTAL:6.3 £

Net spend: - 39.5 £

-It's also worth mentioning that Graham Potter's compensation is said to be worth 8 m kronas which is worth 680.000 £

*Note:Some deals might be loans or free transfers.

Our squad should look like:

3-5-2

---------------------Bony/Asoro------------McBurnie/Narsingh------------

-----------Celina/Dhanda----------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John---------------Fer/Fulton-----------------Roberts/Naughton

---------Carter-Vickers-------Van der Hoorn---------Rodon-------

---------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder---------------------

4-3-3

------------------------------------McBurnie/Bony--------------------

--------Montero/McKay------------------------------------------Asoro/Narsingh-------

----------------------------------------Celina/Dhanda----------------------------

---------------------------Fer/Fulton--------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John--------Careter-Vickers/Rodon---------Van der Hoorn-------Roberts/Naughton

----------------------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder------------------------------------

+ other academy players like Byers ,Maric,etc could step in..and Dyer and Routledge.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 22:53]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 14:22 - May 21 with 4947 viewsomarjack

More CFs to consider:

-Adrian Lopez (30 years old Porto player,we were linked with him in the summer,spent the season on loan with Deportivo La Coruna in an awful campaign that saw them relegated,despite scoring 9 goals for them,could be really good for the Championship and I can't see Porto demanding more than 3-4 m for him as they wanna get rid of him)

-Jordan Hugill (West Ham panic-bought him last Deadline Day for 8 m after impressing with Preston (8 goals in 27 matches),he's featured only 3 times for them since,I'm sure they'd want to get rid of him,we might take him on loan on they'll accept an amount similar to what they paid for him)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:48 - May 21 with 4906 viewsBadlands

We could get McBurnie and Borja back with a fit Bony fit.
Their at the right level to excel and are cheaper and more deadly than many being mentioned.

More money for quality in midfield speed on the wings.

Would Mesa hack it in the Championship?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 16:01 - May 21 with 4890 viewsLegend83

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:48 - May 21 by Badlands

We could get McBurnie and Borja back with a fit Bony fit.
Their at the right level to excel and are cheaper and more deadly than many being mentioned.

More money for quality in midfield speed on the wings.

Would Mesa hack it in the Championship?

Mesa is gone.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 20:38 - May 21 with 4826 viewscastlejack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 16:14 - May 14 by Jango

No chance king would cost £5m. And if he did we wouldn’t pay it.

We paid triple for Clueless so don’t rule it out....

Although I did hear that King would prefer to stay at Leicester

Poll: Next Swans manager

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:58 - May 22 with 4706 viewsBadlands

I'd like to get a manger in first.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 19:54 - May 22 with 4649 viewsThurrockJack92

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:58 - May 22 by Badlands

I'd like to get a manger in first.

We'll certainly need Jesus to get us out of this situation.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:22 - May 23 with 4583 viewsmajorraglan

Just read on the BBC that Man U are looking at options to offload Anthony Martial to a European team as they don’t want to sell him to a rival, but his wages of £65,000 per week are too much for a significant number of European teams including Napoli which surprised me. So I did some quick digging and average wages in the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1 are much lower than the PL, 3of the 4 have average wages of less than 50% of the PL. If the club is looking at cost cutting whilst still improving the quality of its playing squad, then looking overseas and at the youngsters is the way forward especially if the club is keen to reestablish it’s previous playing style. The club just needs to focus its scouting activities due south instead of north towards Falkirk.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:49 - May 23 with 4521 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 00:22 - May 23 by majorraglan

Just read on the BBC that Man U are looking at options to offload Anthony Martial to a European team as they don’t want to sell him to a rival, but his wages of £65,000 per week are too much for a significant number of European teams including Napoli which surprised me. So I did some quick digging and average wages in the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1 are much lower than the PL, 3of the 4 have average wages of less than 50% of the PL. If the club is looking at cost cutting whilst still improving the quality of its playing squad, then looking overseas and at the youngsters is the way forward especially if the club is keen to reestablish it’s previous playing style. The club just needs to focus its scouting activities due south instead of north towards Falkirk.

Very true.

Even Championship wages are more attractive than most other leagues outside of the Top 5 leagues with the exception of the top teams in Turkey,Russia and China perhaps (Top Championship clubs can even afford better wages than lower table clubs in the major league in Italy,France and Spain etc for example)

Point is,looking into the foreign leagues for talent is obviously the way to go, The EFL is certainly not the only source of talent that's available,Swansea can take advantage of the tight finances of foreign leagues like the Netherlands,Belgium,Switzerland etc..even outside of Europe..These clubs always find themselves in financial trouble. And for the next 2 years we'll have substantial parachute payments that will make us stand out among other Championship teams (along with Stoke and WBA though)..we need to take advantage of that,And not to overspend on local talent due to lazy uninspired scouting.

To set up a decent scouting network might be somehow costy..but it sure as hell beats splashing 15 m on f*cking Clucas while we could have used this money to buy real quality from Holland or elsewhere.

Login to get fewer ads

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:37 - May 24 with 4425 viewsomarjack

The club will probably have to get a player on a free transfer..I'm going to suggest few more players with contracts that run out next week.

-Keisuke Honda (I've always liked him as he's been one of the best AC Milan players in the past. Now he's playing with Pachuca in Mexico at the age of 31. And it seems like he's had a good campaign with them. Maybe we can consider a 1 year deal?)

-Ivan Strinic (He's been a Napoli LB,clearly behind Ghoulam in the picking order, He spent last season with Sampdoria,he might renew with them. But if he doesn't,we might look into him to contend with Olsson? Not a priority right now)

-Bakary Sako (The Crystal Palace one,he scored 3 vital goals last season in 16 appearances in the PL,I honestly think this could be a reasonable deal for us in case Narsingh leaves,but his injury record is worrying)

-James Collins (West Ham Welsh veteran CB was officially released last night,never liked him but might do a job at a Championship level,realistic deal being Welsh and free with low expectations)

-Chico (you know how much we love our former players)

-Ron Vlaar (umm..)

-Joel Ward and Martin Kelly (2 Palace RBs available for now,would one of them be an upgrade over either Naughton or Roberts? Not sure of that)

-Adam Maher (It's that PSV AMF we were linked with once,his career started well,but I don't know what happened to him as he's become gash)

-Alessio Cerci (An Atletico Madrid star at one point,spent last season at relegated Hellas Verona,probably a wrong move)

-Teemu Pukki (Finnish international who plays for Brondby in Denmark,one of the best players in the league,could be a decent Mcburnie back-up)

FREE AGENTS:

-Wollsheid (CB who played for Leverkusen and Stoke,things didn't work out for him at Stoke but might be a decent back up for VDH and Bartley? not likely)

-Alex Song (yeah he's still around)

-Stephane M'bia (remember him at Sevilla? well now he's a free agent,after a spell at China he's back in the market,could be a good DMF for us)

-Samir Nasri (lol I know,I know..he's been banned by the FIFA for 6 months for "doping violations over drip treatment",but his ban ends around the time the new season starts,he's still 30,but his 2 spells after Man City at Sevilla and Alanyaspor in Turkey have been failures..but you never know,we might rekindle his career once again)
[Post edited 24 May 2018 11:40]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:35 - May 25 with 4299 viewsomarjack

Apparently,We're being linked with Glen Kamara,a 22 Finnish international DMF who plays for Dundee and who is an Arsenal academy product,But likely to face competition from Rangers,Celtic and Derby for his signature.

Dundee's boss said that it'll take "serious cash" to be sold..not sure how much does he consider "serious cash" to be.

I've never heard of the guy before now..but if Celtic want him he can't be that bad for a Championship level..

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:53 - May 25 with 4279 viewsomarjack

It also seems like Graham Potter will be keen on bringing a couple of players with him from Ostersunds (which is somehow a let down)

In my opinion if we bring in any players from there it should be out of these:

-Saman Ghoddos (Iranian international,24 years old CF,he's been their best player going forward,he's Ostersunds's record transfer when they bought him for about 50 k only,apparently linked to Celta Vigo as well)

-Tom Pettersson (a towering 28 years old CB,can see him as a decent back up to VDH and Bartley maybe,he can also play at LB)

-Papagiannopoulos (Swede international CB from Greek descent,his partnership with Pettersson at the back has been impressive)

-Ken Sema (plays at LM kind of like Clucas)
[Post edited 25 May 2018 12:47]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:10 - May 25 with 4261 viewsscottishjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:35 - May 25 by omarjack

Apparently,We're being linked with Glen Kamara,a 22 Finnish international DMF who plays for Dundee and who is an Arsenal academy product,But likely to face competition from Rangers,Celtic and Derby for his signature.

Dundee's boss said that it'll take "serious cash" to be sold..not sure how much does he consider "serious cash" to be.

I've never heard of the guy before now..but if Celtic want him he can't be that bad for a Championship level..

Serious cash in the case of Dundee would be a couple of hundred thousand? One year left on his contract, so probably a case of trying to start clubs bidding the price up...
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:30 - May 25 with 4237 viewskarnataka

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:49 - May 23 by omarjack

Very true.

Even Championship wages are more attractive than most other leagues outside of the Top 5 leagues with the exception of the top teams in Turkey,Russia and China perhaps (Top Championship clubs can even afford better wages than lower table clubs in the major league in Italy,France and Spain etc for example)

Point is,looking into the foreign leagues for talent is obviously the way to go, The EFL is certainly not the only source of talent that's available,Swansea can take advantage of the tight finances of foreign leagues like the Netherlands,Belgium,Switzerland etc..even outside of Europe..These clubs always find themselves in financial trouble. And for the next 2 years we'll have substantial parachute payments that will make us stand out among other Championship teams (along with Stoke and WBA though)..we need to take advantage of that,And not to overspend on local talent due to lazy uninspired scouting.

To set up a decent scouting network might be somehow costy..but it sure as hell beats splashing 15 m on f*cking Clucas while we could have used this money to buy real quality from Holland or elsewhere.

Are the rules on signing players from Europe likely to change when we've finally left the EU? I remember the days when a player had to have been selected for a certain percentage of internationals before he could get a UK work permit which made it difficult to pick up youngsters or non-internationals.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:34 - May 25 with 4233 viewsAustinIsOurHero

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:10 - May 25 by scottishjack

Serious cash in the case of Dundee would be a couple of hundred thousand? One year left on his contract, so probably a case of trying to start clubs bidding the price up...

Doubt it. Someone offered several million for Caulker from them & they rejected it.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:12 - May 25 with 4205 viewsscottishjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:34 - May 25 by AustinIsOurHero

Doubt it. Someone offered several million for Caulker from them & they rejected it.

I think one of the Scandinavian clubs offered 1.5m for Caulker, but reading between the lines, Caulker didn’t fancy it.

In this case, I really think that Caulker is still fighting his well publicised demons, and a club like Dundee is a place where there is less pressure on him, he can enjoy his football and keep somewhat out of the limelight. Quite a drop from a potential future England captain to Dens Park, but if it’s helped him then good luck to him.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:41 - May 27 with 4049 viewsomarjack

Players from 2nd tier teams in Europe (some of them might have promoted) (only players owned by their clubs are included and loans are excluded)

-Umut Bozok (Turkish 21 years old CF who plays for Neims in France,his 24 goals in 35 matches helped his team gain promotion to Ligue 1 next season,Leicester are interested)

-Gonzalo Melero (24 years old AMF who plays for Huesca that gained their first La Liga promotion in their history,with his 16 goals)

-Mateo Cassierra (he's been demoted to Ajax U21 that plays in The Netherlands's 2nd tier,he hasn't impressed with the senior team since they bought him from Deportivo Cali in Colombia for around 5 m. He's only 21,scored 18 goals mainly as a winger,if he keeps not getting chances at Ajax maybe we can swoop in? Problem is he's a non-EU/non international player,not sure if it's possible to sign him)

other names: (not from 2nd tier clubs)

-Kerim Mrabti (He's been dubbed as the "The next Eden Hazard" in Sweden,he's played few international games,he plays for Djurgarden in Sweden therefore Graham Potter is probably familiar with him,he's 24 years old,plays mainly as a CF,it's been reported that Newcastle already bid 1 m for his services so if we have any interest we should swoop in soon)
[Post edited 27 May 2018 10:52]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:29 - May 27 with 4009 viewsomarjack

Defensive Midfielder options:

-Ryan Woods (he's had a really good season with Brentford,he's only 24,could also play as a Right-wingback,probably cost is somewhere around 7 m)

-Christian Norgaard (24,plays for Brondby in Denmark,tall and apparently available for as little as 1 m)

-Jean-Eudes Aholou (24,plays for Strasbourg who survived relegation and remain in Ligue 1 next season,Brighton are said to be interested)

-Charles Kabore (30,plays for Krasnodar in Russia,was linked with Crystal Palace and West Brom last year,likely to cost around 3 m)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:22 - May 28 with 3897 viewsomarjack

More suggestions for Attacking Midfielders and Wingers..

-Hany Mukhtar (He's only 23,had a really good season with Brondby in Denmark,scoring 9 and creating 9 assists in 26 matches,I personally think it'd be a decent signing,he shouldn't cost more than 6 m)

-Oussama Assaidi (remember him from Liverpool and Stoke? he spent last season with Twente which ended up relegated to the Dutch's 2nd tier. He scored 6 goals in 25 matches)

-Mikhael Gordeijchuk (The Belarus international is always in the habit of scoring 15-20 goals per season with his club Borisov where he plays mostly as a winger,I've seen him play against Arsenal in the Europa League this year and I remember he scored against them -but who doesn't score against Arsenal I'd like to know-.He shouldn't cost more than 3 m)

-Amr Warda (Egyptian international,24 who plays for Saloniki in Greece,although he spent last season with Atromitos and managed to score 8 and create 7 assists in 23 games last season as a LW)

-Callum Robinson (It's that Preston LW,8 goals,7 assists last season,he's only 23)

-Mikkel Duelund (a 20 years old Danish player who plays for Midtjilland,played only 19 matches last term,scored 7 and created 6 assists,not bad)

-Sonny Kittel (25 years old German winger who plays for Bundesliga 2 side Inglostadt..despite failing to gain promotion back in the 1st tier,he's had a great season,Scoring 10 goals and creating 15 assists in 33 matches)

-Modou Barrow (lol)

-Florian Jozefoon (another impressive Brentford talent other than Ollie Watkins,scored 7 and created 7 assists last season playing mainly as a RW)
[Post edited 28 May 2018 10:37]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:16 - May 28 with 3856 viewsomarjack

Apparently,Aston Villa are keen on (more like they need to) selling Jack Grealish after failing to gain promotion to the PL..and (f*ck my eyes) we're interested along with Stoke and WBA..and Villa would want close to 20 m for him..lol whoever linked us with such move is demented. "but hey don't shoot the messenger"
[Post edited 28 May 2018 12:16]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:22 - May 28 with 3850 viewsjasper_T

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:16 - May 28 by omarjack

Apparently,Aston Villa are keen on (more like they need to) selling Jack Grealish after failing to gain promotion to the PL..and (f*ck my eyes) we're interested along with Stoke and WBA..and Villa would want close to 20 m for him..lol whoever linked us with such move is demented. "but hey don't shoot the messenger"
[Post edited 28 May 2018 12:16]

I think we can safely dismiss that kind of story out of hand. We won't be spending serious money until we've sold a lot of players, and probably not even then.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:25 - May 28 with 3845 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:22 - May 28 by jasper_T

I think we can safely dismiss that kind of story out of hand. We won't be spending serious money until we've sold a lot of players, and probably not even then.

We'll probably spend about 20 m for 4-5 players (including loans and freebies)..therefore Grealish would cost us all of our transfer budget..He's not even that good ffs..don't see the appeal and no one would buy him for more than 12 m imo.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 12:26]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:27 - May 28 with 3842 viewsjasper_T

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:25 - May 28 by omarjack

We'll probably spend about 20 m for 4-5 players (including loans and freebies)..therefore Grealish would cost us all of our transfer budget..He's not even that good ffs..don't see the appeal and no one would buy him for more than 12 m imo.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 12:26]

Where are we going to find the cash for that?
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:29 - May 28 with 3839 viewsomarjack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:27 - May 28 by jasper_T

Where are we going to find the cash for that?

By selling players of course..we can sell for up to 50-60 m (depending on who goes)..and the rest of the money that won't be used to buy players will help balancing the sheet (like how all relegated clubs do)
[Post edited 28 May 2018 12:30]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:45 - May 29 with 3714 viewsmagicdaps10

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:22 - May 28 by omarjack

More suggestions for Attacking Midfielders and Wingers..

-Hany Mukhtar (He's only 23,had a really good season with Brondby in Denmark,scoring 9 and creating 9 assists in 26 matches,I personally think it'd be a decent signing,he shouldn't cost more than 6 m)

-Oussama Assaidi (remember him from Liverpool and Stoke? he spent last season with Twente which ended up relegated to the Dutch's 2nd tier. He scored 6 goals in 25 matches)

-Mikhael Gordeijchuk (The Belarus international is always in the habit of scoring 15-20 goals per season with his club Borisov where he plays mostly as a winger,I've seen him play against Arsenal in the Europa League this year and I remember he scored against them -but who doesn't score against Arsenal I'd like to know-.He shouldn't cost more than 3 m)

-Amr Warda (Egyptian international,24 who plays for Saloniki in Greece,although he spent last season with Atromitos and managed to score 8 and create 7 assists in 23 games last season as a LW)

-Callum Robinson (It's that Preston LW,8 goals,7 assists last season,he's only 23)

-Mikkel Duelund (a 20 years old Danish player who plays for Midtjilland,played only 19 matches last term,scored 7 and created 6 assists,not bad)

-Sonny Kittel (25 years old German winger who plays for Bundesliga 2 side Inglostadt..despite failing to gain promotion back in the 1st tier,he's had a great season,Scoring 10 goals and creating 15 assists in 33 matches)

-Modou Barrow (lol)

-Florian Jozefoon (another impressive Brentford talent other than Ollie Watkins,scored 7 and created 7 assists last season playing mainly as a RW)
[Post edited 28 May 2018 10:37]

Jeez, Hany Mukhtar.

I had forgotten about him, was tipped to do great things and now seems to have found a home at Brondby......a typical Swansea signing back in the day.

I will throw in Jack Robinson, a left back out of contract at QPR.....again another player that would have been a Swansea signing back in the day

and of course, will throw in Khama Billiat

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:01 - May 29 with 3687 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Dwight Gayle.

Good Championship record (36 In 61). Has been linked before. Unlikely to get a game at Newcastle next season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024