Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. 13:06 - May 14 with 105742 viewsomarjack

LAST UPDATE: (1 September 2018) (worst case scenario)

-Alfie Mawson:15 £ (done)

-Sam Clucas:6 £ (done)

-Roque Mesa:5.5 £ (done)

-Lukasz Fabianski:7 £ (done)

-Kyle Bartley:4 £ (done)

-Federico Fernandez:6 £ (done)

-Jordi Amat:1 £ (done)

-Andre Ayew:1.3 £ (loan) (done)

-Jordan Ayew:(loan) (done)

-Borja Baston:(loan) (done)

-Ki Sung-Yueng (contract ended)

-Leon Britton (retired)

-Angel Rangel (contract ended)

TOTAL SALES:45.8 £

Signings:

1-Bersant Celina:3 £

2-Joel Asoro:2 £

3-Barrie McKay:0.5 £

4-Declan John:0.8 £

5-Carter-Vickers:(loan)

6-CMF:(loan)

7-CF:(loan)

TOTAL:6.3 £

Net spend: - 39.5 £

-It's also worth mentioning that Graham Potter's compensation is said to be worth 8 m kronas which is worth 680.000 £

*Note:Some deals might be loans or free transfers.

Our squad should look like:

3-5-2

---------------------Bony/Asoro------------McBurnie/Narsingh------------

-----------Celina/Dhanda----------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John---------------Fer/Fulton-----------------Roberts/Naughton

---------Carter-Vickers-------Van der Hoorn---------Rodon-------

---------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder---------------------

4-3-3

------------------------------------McBurnie/Bony--------------------

--------Montero/McKay------------------------------------------Asoro/Narsingh-------

----------------------------------------Celina/Dhanda----------------------------

---------------------------Fer/Fulton--------------------Carroll/Grimes--------------

Olsson/John--------Careter-Vickers/Rodon---------Van der Hoorn-------Roberts/Naughton

----------------------------------------Nordfeldt/Mulder------------------------------------

+ other academy players like Byers ,Maric,etc could step in..and Dyer and Routledge.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 22:53]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:48 - Jun 9 with 4255 viewsomarjack

Abel Hernandez

Since his switch from Palermo 4 years ago, he's spent 2 seasons in the Championship and 2 in the Premier League..

In his 2 PL seasons he managed to score only 8 goals in 52 matches..but..

In his 2 Championship seasons he scored very impressive 28 goals in 49 appearances.

But I guess you can all see the problem here...in 4 seasons made up of 168 matches..he only played 101 matches.

Last campaign he only played 10 matches! Yet he scored a phenomenal 8 goals!

What a shame..his injury record is really bad. If it wasn't the case he'd have been transfer target number one as his contract ran out, And he wants out of Hull. And I don't think he'd want a move to the PL because he's never proved his worth playing at a higher level than the Championship.

He's only 27 so that's also a positive.

Another obstacle is that many clubs want him..Leeds are said to be in advanced talk, Aston Villa,Newcastle,Wolverhampton,Nottingham Forest, Even Celtic and Galatasaray are keeping taps.

Could be a superb asset to have if he stays fit..but will he? Hull were counting on his fitness last term and we saw what happened..Should we join the sea of clubs that are lining up for his services?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:18 - Jun 10 with 4156 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:38 - Jun 6 by omarjack

Unfortunately we'll be losing Bony for free (we practically w@nkered 22 m on him and his salary with no return)

I'm certain some club would agree to pay most of his wages in Turkey/China etc to help us cut our losses)

As for Andre..someone will take him if we give a proper discount (if we sell low at around 8-10 m it'll help clubs to almost match his wages) And I'm certain many clubs in France,Italy etc could be interested..After all he is in fact a good player..just it didn't work out well for him with us this time.

The thing is..with relegation clauses Bony and Andre's salaries are not that hard to match anymore for clubs outside of the Championship..Therefore offloading them (Especially Andre) shouldn't be so hard.

I'm assuming that both do not have relegation clauses in their contracts as they both needed persuading to come back. Ayew, west Ham aside has done nothing and Bony, although willing is shot physically.

Voles may be a good shout if we're playing someone off him but I reckon there must be better targetmen out there. Would love to get the "*wardrobe" Llorente back but that won't happen.

*the res's finest hour

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:27 - Jun 10 with 4119 viewsomarjack

I haven't discussed GKs yet.

I'm not sure if we need one 100%. After all Nordfeldt could do a job. I mean he's an International heading to the World Cup.

But I guess we can discuss some options who are mostly either loans,freebies or cheapies.

-Danny Ward (Many Liverpool fans honestly think he's their best keeper. He's dying for 1st team football languishing with no chance to prove himself. Imagine how frustrating seeing the showers of sh!t from Karius and Mignolet week in, week out and still not given a proper chance. He's only 24, Welsh (if this matters) and would jump on a chance to join us without much thought.
It says we're interested. But facing competition from Norwich. Mostly a loan deal.)

-Tim Krul (He once broke the records for most saves in one match with Newcastle (27 saves). He's had a good PL career. Although he stopped being a part of Newcastle's plans after their relegation. Now he's languishing on the bench at Brighton since Matt Ryan impressed in his position. His 1 year contract ran out and now he's available for free. He's only 30 and for a GK that's not a lot.)

-Wayne Hennessey (he might still renew with Palace. But with the arrival of Guaita who's been impressive with Getafe. He might find it hard to play regularly)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:43 - Jun 10 with 4108 viewsmagicdaps10

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:27 - Jun 10 by omarjack

I haven't discussed GKs yet.

I'm not sure if we need one 100%. After all Nordfeldt could do a job. I mean he's an International heading to the World Cup.

But I guess we can discuss some options who are mostly either loans,freebies or cheapies.

-Danny Ward (Many Liverpool fans honestly think he's their best keeper. He's dying for 1st team football languishing with no chance to prove himself. Imagine how frustrating seeing the showers of sh!t from Karius and Mignolet week in, week out and still not given a proper chance. He's only 24, Welsh (if this matters) and would jump on a chance to join us without much thought.
It says we're interested. But facing competition from Norwich. Mostly a loan deal.)

-Tim Krul (He once broke the records for most saves in one match with Newcastle (27 saves). He's had a good PL career. Although he stopped being a part of Newcastle's plans after their relegation. Now he's languishing on the bench at Brighton since Matt Ryan impressed in his position. His 1 year contract ran out and now he's available for free. He's only 30 and for a GK that's not a lot.)

-Wayne Hennessey (he might still renew with Palace. But with the arrival of Guaita who's been impressive with Getafe. He might find it hard to play regularly)

Interesting one with Krul, once so highly rated and still only 30.

Others out of contract.
Sam Johnstone-Man Utd. Had a great season on loan at Villa.

Rafael Cabral-Napoli- Former Brazil int.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:51 - Jun 10 with 4103 viewsomarjack

We can also add

-Joel Robles (released by Everton)

-Paulo Gazzaniga (3rd choice keeper at Tottenham,Played only 1 match across all competitions, Premier League fixture against Crystal Palace, I've watched that match, He was IMMENSE. kept a clean sheet despite constant threat from Zaha and Townsend)

It's astonishing how many keepers are warming benches who are more than capable of turning into something big if given the chance. Look at how Fabianski turned out.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:58 - Jun 11 with 3990 viewsomarjack

Apparently, West Brom are close to signing Bobby Reid from Bristol for a fee close to 7m.

He ripped the league last season with 19 goals. playing mostly as a false 9. He's only 24, with one year left on his contract. Why aren't we in for him?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:02 - Jun 11 with 3976 viewstrampie

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:58 - Jun 11 by omarjack

Apparently, West Brom are close to signing Bobby Reid from Bristol for a fee close to 7m.

He ripped the league last season with 19 goals. playing mostly as a false 9. He's only 24, with one year left on his contract. Why aren't we in for him?

Yes quite.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:24 - Jun 11 with 3926 viewsjasper_T

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:58 - Jun 11 by omarjack

He's a 25 year old who scored 19 in 46.

We've already got a 22 year old who scored 9 in 17.
Login to get fewer ads

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:49 - Jun 11 with 3885 viewshobo

Hopefully because he'd netted 5 goals in two previous seasons combined. Poor signing
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:05 - Jun 11 with 3869 viewshobo

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 12:24 - Jun 11 by jasper_T

He's a 25 year old who scored 19 in 46.

We've already got a 22 year old who scored 9 in 17.

We sold Gomis for £2m after he'd scored 20 goals in 31 games for Marseille
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:56 - Jun 11 with 3802 viewsjasper_T

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:05 - Jun 11 by hobo

Might've done a job in the Championship. Hefty wage packet, though.
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:09 - Jun 11 with 3762 viewshobo

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:56 - Jun 11 by jasper_T

Might've done a job in the Championship. Hefty wage packet, though.

I honestly don't think we would've gone down with The Panther leading the line. Wouldn't have needed to re-sign Wilf either on an even heftier pay packet
[Post edited 11 Jun 2018 15:10]
The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 16:20 - Jun 11 with 3703 viewsSwansea93

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 13:05 - Jun 11 by hobo

And then he went on to score 29 in 33 for Galatasary.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 19:04 - Jun 11 with 3650 viewsomarjack

MANAGER GRAHAM POTTER IS CONFIDENT HE CAN RECRUIT THE RIGHT PLAYERS FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP CHALLENGE NEXT SEASON.

Potter admitted that he had already started looking at potential new signings before the ink had even dried on his three-year contract with the Swans.

“While the managerial process has been going on, we’ve been looking and working hard at recruitment behind the scenes,’’ explained Potter.

Graham Potter manager office Fairwood Swansea City
“There will be a bit of a reshuffle along the way; there always is when a new manager comes in.

“Firstly we need to look at what type of people and footballers we want to bring into the club. Then once we’ve identified them and aligned them with the values of the club, it’s how we can also improve them as players.

“Recruitment isn’t always the solution or problem, but the signs have been positive and I’m confident we can make good additions to support the good players we already have here.’’

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:02 - Jun 12 with 3552 viewsomarjack

Few updates.

West Ham's reported bid for Fabianksi was close to 4.5 m. Swansea are holding out for 7 m. And West Ham are unlikely to haggle much over few extra quids. I hoped he'd seal a move outside of the league but now looking unlikely.

In other news..We're linked with another Ostersunds talent (f*ck me,let's just bid for the entire club while at it)..Hosam Aiesh,23,plays the opposite side of Sema as a RWB. He caught my attention when he scored against Arsenal at the Emirates (which says f*ck all since Clucas scored 3 against those fools)..Aiesh scores and assists very few goals. In fact, His Arsenal goal was only one out of 2 goals for the whole season..But he fits Potter's system perfectly. I've seen his dribbling and speed. His defensive contribution could provide competition to Naughton and Roberts. QPR are also interested but clearly Swansea are favourite. He's contracted for 2 more years but likely to cost around 1 m or so.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:23 - Jun 12 with 3529 viewsomarjack

From his first press conference today regarding transfer policy:

“There will be a restructure, but it has to be done in the right way. We will make good decisions and try and build a team the supporters can be proud of and connect with. I am excited about that.

“We have to make balanced decisions. The process has started already, but we want players that are proud to represent Swansea.

“There will be some money to spend. There are no details today but we do need to add to the group, and there will be some we move out to create space. We want people to help us play how we want to and have a stable group.”

Keywords:

Balanced decisions! Some money! Stable group! Pride in the badge!

So I take it that Huw has little to do with the transfer recruitment.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:28 - Jun 12 with 3514 viewsLoyal

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:23 - Jun 12 by omarjack

From his first press conference today regarding transfer policy:

“There will be a restructure, but it has to be done in the right way. We will make good decisions and try and build a team the supporters can be proud of and connect with. I am excited about that.

“We have to make balanced decisions. The process has started already, but we want players that are proud to represent Swansea.

“There will be some money to spend. There are no details today but we do need to add to the group, and there will be some we move out to create space. We want people to help us play how we want to and have a stable group.”

Keywords:

Balanced decisions! Some money! Stable group! Pride in the badge!

So I take it that Huw has little to do with the transfer recruitment.

I think he meant balanced decisions based on what Huw Jenkins wants to decide, some money is obviously a statement about expenses for lunch in Morgan's, stable group are the police horses on match day and pride in the badge is a clear statement of intent that the players will all be attending Swansea Pride in various shades of pink.

Well done.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:08 - Jun 13 with 3365 viewsomarjack

Under the spotlight:

Hany Mukhtar (23,AMF,German-Sudanese)

Since joining Brondby in the Danish Superligaen from Benfica for a fee of around 1.5 m euros 2 seasons ago, he's been arguably the best Attacking Midfielder in the league.

In his 1st season he's scored 6 goals and assisted as many in 21 appearances.

In his 2nd season he scored 9 and assisted as many in 26 league appearances.

It's likely he'd cost somewhere in the region of 7-8 m. Could be worth it.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:17 - Jun 13 with 3357 viewsomarjack

Another talent:

Brandley Kuwas (25,RW,Dutch-Curacaoan)

He's had really good 2 Eredivisie seasons with Heracles Almelo.

In his 1st he scored 6 goals and provided 10 assists in 32 matches.

In his 2nd season he scored 6 goals and provided 15 assists in 30 matches.

Heracles are prepared to losing him for a fee around 6 m. But Leeds are keen,alongside other clubs in Europe like PSV, Galatasaray and Bologna.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:17 - Jun 14 with 3246 viewsomarjack

We're linked with somebody.

Robert Bauer,Werder Bremen,23 (not to confuse him with very similar Moritz Bauer who plays for Stoke)

He can play equally in all defensive positions (been used almost equally at Bremen and Inglestadt his former club at RB,CB,LB,DMF and sometimes even as RM,LM)

Seems like a decent utility player who could find a place in the starting line.

He's failed at holding a place in the Bundesliga,Bremen are likely to offload for around 2-3 m

Club Brugge in Belgium are interested,As well as Stoke and WBA.

The source cites that Tremmel,who's become a scout of ours after his retirement has a hand in this interest.

In other news:

Roque Mesa's really attracting interest from Newcastle,Fulham and even Villareal alongside Sevilla of course. Although,I'm not sure if Newcastle would be willing to offer us more,And if it's even possible considering we had some sort of agreement with Sevilla. This could turn out to be interesting. The minimum fee we'll get is around 7 m.

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 11:23 - Jun 14 with 3241 viewsmagicdaps10

Linked with German players Robert Bauer and Max Christiansen today.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 15:36 - Jun 14 with 3174 viewsomarjack

options for CB:

-Wilfried Kanon:24,Den Haag (Ivory Coast international that impressed greatly in the Netherlands,fee to be around 5 m,Problem is that many clubs are interested,like Everton,Betis to name few)

-Andreas Bjelland (Brentford,29,Danish international,for those who follow the Championship would agree he's a very consistent performer,He's available for free since his contract ran out,would be a great addition for us at this level)

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 16:10 - Jun 14 with 3157 viewsBadlands

I'm sure we were linked to (or it may have been fan talk) with Robert Bauer last summer.
I'm pretty sure ÖFK would be a very good Championship level and as such the players Macauley has been monitoring will be high on the list of targets.
Only Ghoddos has cost ore than £1million so I can see us building a squad on a mixture of current squad, current youth and inexpensive players.
In this league having to spend a fortune is not a necessity and inexpensive doesn't mean the board is doing things on the cheap.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 09:53 - Jun 17 with 3015 viewsomarjack

Remember when West Ham panic-bought that Preston striker Jordan Hugill in January for 9 m?

Well since then he's played only 3 matches and had little impact. West Ham are going through a revolution and they'd certainly want to get rid of deadwood.

Since Fabinaski and Mawson will probably be Hammers soon enough (I think I'm going to vomit), We might consider a swap deal, Either a loan or a permanent deal shaving off some of Fab/Alfie values in case we decide not to bring Ghoddos in or if McBurnie leaves.

Player profile:Jordan Hugill,26,CF

Last season he scored 8 goals in 27 matches that earned him the move to the London stadium.

Season before that he scored 12 goals in 44 matches

Before that he scored 3 in 29 matches (that's obviously woeful and it shows lack of consistency)

The seasons mentioned were all Championship seasons with Preston

Seasons before that he's averaged 5 goals in 20 matches in League One and Two.

I personally hope we avoid. We can,and should do better.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 9:54]

The Realistic 2018/2019 Championship transfer thread. on 10:21 - Jun 17 with 3000 views34dfgdf54

Sorry if a Ferdy..

Alan Nixon tweet: SWANSEA. Also chasing targets in Sweden ... Ghoddos at Potter's old club Ostersunds and striker Mrabti at Djurgaardens ... bit in paper

Normally reliable
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024