Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson surgery 23:35 - May 14 with 3143 viewsswan65split

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44117873
Mawson surgery on 23:39 - May 14 with 3115 viewsLeonWasGod

Bugger beat me to it. Or maybe he's had both knees done
Mawson surgery on 07:02 - May 15 with 2930 viewspaulv2k4

That should keep the vultures away for a while. Knee surgery is nasty stuff. Wont be fully fit for months.
Mawson surgery on 07:05 - May 15 with 2920 viewsheadcleaner

Went missing for his club after his England call-up and has been utter gash these past few months. Started to believe his own hype and picked up a nasty case of Shelveyitus and wanted to play raking Hollywood crossfield passes every touch.
Mawson surgery on 07:08 - May 15 with 2911 viewsSTID2017

Mawson surgery on 07:02 - May 15 by paulv2k4

That should keep the vultures away for a while. Knee surgery is nasty stuff. Wont be fully fit for months.

I hope the lad makes a quick recovery and is back training in the summer.
I know if he isn't then we'll have him until January (probably) but for me he deserves to be playing at a higher level

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Mawson surgery on 07:10 - May 15 with 2898 viewsjacksfullaces

probably curtails any plans the owners had to:

1/ use the bulk of the sale to pay out shareholders
2/ take a smattering of the residual to let Jenkins buy back someone who used to play for us .....

assuming mawson was what the future finances of the club were based on ....
Mawson surgery on 07:25 - May 15 with 2830 viewsSTID2017

Mawson surgery on 07:05 - May 15 by headcleaner

Went missing for his club after his England call-up and has been utter gash these past few months. Started to believe his own hype and picked up a nasty case of Shelveyitus and wanted to play raking Hollywood crossfield passes every touch.

Don't agree sorry.
If we had sold him in January, we'd really have seen what his value was, with the lack of adequate replacement in the team

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Mawson surgery on 07:29 - May 15 with 2816 viewsdickythorpe

I wish him well in his recovery.
Amazed he got.an England squad call up.
Very over rated by some.
Should have scored.so much more with his head for us.
Mawson surgery on 07:37 - May 15 with 2798 viewspencoedjack

Nonsense

Typical British mentality about Alf build him up to knock him down.

Fans will be sorry when he gone & goes on to have a very good career
Login to get fewer ads

Mawson surgery on 07:49 - May 15 with 2734 viewsPrivate_Partz

Mawson surgery on 07:37 - May 15 by pencoedjack

Nonsense

Typical British mentality about Alf build him up to knock him down.

Fans will be sorry when he gone & goes on to have a very good career

Yep I agree. It is hard to look like a future England captain when you are playing in a poor, threadbare and imbalanced squad.
Hope he recovers soon but i suspect this will mean he will be starting the season with us as I can't believe the Hedge Funders will let him go in the cheap. I also doubt the big boys will come in with a full on bid prior to successful surgery.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mawson surgery on 08:00 - May 15 with 2691 viewsWhiterockin

This transfer window closes on August 9th so he could well be with us until Christmas at least. IMO fantastic news.
Mawson surgery on 08:02 - May 15 with 2674 viewspencoedjack

Mawson surgery on 08:00 - May 15 by Whiterockin

This transfer window closes on August 9th so he could well be with us until Christmas at least. IMO fantastic news.

HJ .... We sold Alf to late in the transfer window to be able to get a suitable replacement in, the 35 million will be used in Jan to stave off relegation to league 1 (really has gone to a US hedge fund)
Mawson surgery on 08:04 - May 15 with 2665 views3swan

If he needed surgery, why did he play Sunday and not FF?
Mawson surgery on 08:06 - May 15 with 2645 viewsWhiterockin

Mawson surgery on 08:02 - May 15 by pencoedjack

HJ .... We sold Alf to late in the transfer window to be able to get a suitable replacement in, the 35 million will be used in Jan to stave off relegation to league 1 (really has gone to a US hedge fund)

Would he pass a medical this window?
Mawson surgery on 08:23 - May 15 with 2599 viewsjasper_T

Mawson surgery on 08:04 - May 15 by 3swan

If he needed surgery, why did he play Sunday and not FF?

He's got a consecutive appearances record to protect.

Such an average player, makes big mistakes every game, we'll be laughing if we get a big English fee for him.
Mawson surgery on 08:54 - May 15 with 2501 viewsswan65split

well if it stems form the game where his knee locked, fair doos to him for playing on and trying,
I wish him well, as Ive had minor knee surgery in the past . and it does affect your movement.
Mawson surgery on 09:48 - May 15 with 2405 viewsLeonWasGod

I wonder if there's a correlation between playing through an injury requiring surgery and not being 100% on top of one's game? Or we could just make stuff up I suppose.
Mawson surgery on 09:54 - May 15 with 2380 viewsLoyal

I recall llorente using this excuse last season.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mawson surgery on 10:08 - May 15 with 2336 viewsJacket

You're damn right, a strong dose of Shelveyitis I'd say. He's even started pointing like the bald halfwit and all:

https://goo.gl/images/M9UbLZ
Mawson surgery on 10:12 - May 15 with 2317 views34dfgdf54

Mawson surgery on 10:08 - May 15 by Jacket

You're damn right, a strong dose of Shelveyitis I'd say. He's even started pointing like the bald halfwit and all:

https://goo.gl/images/M9UbLZ

That halfwit would walk in our side mind you, and probably be the best player.
Mawson surgery on 10:15 - May 15 with 2307 viewsLeonWasGod

Mawson surgery on 10:12 - May 15 by 34dfgdf54

That halfwit would walk in our side mind you, and probably be the best player.

Without a shadow of a doubt. He's been making Newcastle tick this year. He never was a bad player, just an inconsistent one and then let himself and us down badly at the end. But he's streets ahead of any of our CMs.
Mawson surgery on 10:27 - May 15 with 2270 viewsBloodyhills

It's true he has a mistake or two in him but overall he has done a decent enough job for us and has shown he can cut it in the Prem.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Mawson surgery on 10:40 - May 15 with 2236 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Quite a few of those raking crossfield passes found their man and effectively switched the point of our attack.

Why so many fans want to attack our better players beats me.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Mawson surgery on 11:39 - May 15 with 2157 viewsJacket

Mawson surgery on 10:15 - May 15 by LeonWasGod

Without a shadow of a doubt. He's been making Newcastle tick this year. He never was a bad player, just an inconsistent one and then let himself and us down badly at the end. But he's streets ahead of any of our CMs.

What baffled me about the end of Shelvey at Swansea is how a player known throughout his career for his inconstancy became so consistently bad for so long - that period of prolonged poor performances that brought about Gomiss' goal drought and in the end brought down Monk was probably the most consistent period in his career to date.
Mawson surgery on 11:44 - May 15 with 2144 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I just can't believe the negativity on here.
Name me a defensive player that does not make a mistake.
The fact that he has been playing with an injury and obviously in pain says an aweful lot about his committment.
Mawson surgery on 11:49 - May 15 with 2130 viewsswan65split

Mawson surgery on 11:44 - May 15 by A_Fans_Dad

I just can't believe the negativity on here.
Name me a defensive player that does not make a mistake.
The fact that he has been playing with an injury and obviously in pain says an aweful lot about his committment.

I agree, who knows maybe he also knew in doing so he was spoiling any chances of going to the WC........maybe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024