Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie 07:50 - May 15 with 3865 viewsshandyjack

We all know he's not PL ready but he will guarantee us 10-15 goals minimum next season, buying a striker in to do that job would cost £10-15m, why oh why are we looking at selling him, even if he is out of contract next year, his goals this coming season would bring in a lot more money if they sent us back up

Poll: Expectation for the season

McBurnie on 07:53 - May 15 with 3233 viewspencoedjack

I agree about him scoring goals Shandy, but if he doesn't sign a contract we need to sell.
McBurnie on 07:54 - May 15 with 3228 views34dfgdf54

I have a feeling he wants out.

That's just a feeling, no facts to back it up.
McBurnie on 07:56 - May 15 with 3213 viewsPrivate_Partz

Are we looking to sell him now we are relegated?
I thought we sent him out to get experience last season.
It would be madness to sell now when we have a proven Championship goal scorer on our books.
If we do sell I would say this would be a very good early indicator that we Yanks are on an asset stripping mission.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

McBurnie on 07:56 - May 15 with 3213 viewspencoedjack

McBurnie on 07:54 - May 15 by 34dfgdf54

As you probably have seen on Twitter mate he seems a massive Rangers fan.

Thing is don't see how they can afford him.
McBurnie on 08:00 - May 15 with 3190 viewsDr_Winston

McBurnie on 07:56 - May 15 by pencoedjack

They shouldn't be able to afford him, unless we do something dumb and sell him for far less than prolific Championship strikers go for these days.

No chance of that obviously.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

McBurnie on 08:03 - May 15 with 3174 viewspencoedjack

McBurnie on 08:00 - May 15 by Dr_Winston

They shouldn't be able to afford him, unless we do something dumb and sell him for far less than prolific Championship strikers go for these days.

Obviously
McBurnie on 08:07 - May 15 with 3161 viewsjasper_T

Good Celtic players step up to the Championship. He'd be mad to go join Rangers.

The only reason to let him go is if we're sure we're going to be stuck with Bony & the Ayews and need desperately to get the expenses down. And he'd have plenty of Championship suitors, but selling to league rivals...
McBurnie on 08:08 - May 15 with 3158 viewsPrivate_Partz

McBurnie on 08:00 - May 15 by Dr_Winston

I said on another thread Doc that, if there is any truth about these players wanting out, it is down to more than just wages and standards of football dropping.
They can see the clusterfeck of a club we are from the inside and they don't want any part of it.
Going to Rangers will not give Ollie a better standard of football and I very much doubt the wages will better either. Unless the grabbing Sellouts are in the process of slashing his aleasdy low paid contract.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie on 08:24 - May 15 with 3109 views34dfgdf54

McBurnie on 07:56 - May 15 by pencoedjack

His "No comment" said it all for me. He wants out

You can't really blame him either, we never gave him a run in the team and our goal scoring record has been awful. He must have been gash in training.
McBurnie on 08:43 - May 15 with 3016 viewssomersetsimon

McBurnie on 08:24 - May 15 by 34dfgdf54

His "No comment" said it all for me. He wants out

You can't really blame him either, we never gave him a run in the team and our goal scoring record has been awful. He must have been gash in training.

We need to get a new manager in asap, let him assess the squad and figure out who is leaving. If Bony and the Ayews are staying and McBurnie is going to be 2nd or 3rd choice, then I don't blame him for wanting to leave.
McBurnie on 08:46 - May 15 with 2997 viewsomarjack

We have no reason to let him go.

He knows he'll be an integral part of next season's squad..he's proved himself at this level..his wages are small and I don't think rangers can offer him much more,and in no way they can afford a realistic fee.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

McBurnie on 08:52 - May 15 with 2967 viewsYossarian

McBurnie on 07:56 - May 15 by Private_Partz

Are we looking to sell him now we are relegated?
I thought we sent him out to get experience last season.
It would be madness to sell now when we have a proven Championship goal scorer on our books.
If we do sell I would say this would be a very good early indicator that we Yanks are on an asset stripping mission.

1. People are saying that he can guarantee 10-15 goals in the Championship...what, with our midfield?If people who went to the game on Sunday didn’t think they were comically bad, then they’ve either become used to watching shit (understandable) or totally deluded
2. The boy is a Rangers fan and that would be a far, far more powerful pull than coming back to little old Swansea and the everyday life at a toxic club that players can’t get away from fast enough.
3. The boy has been on loan twice and probably doubts he’ll make it as a first team regular here. He’s had a bit of stick (rightly at times) but that wouldn’t have endeared him to the club in any case.
4. Sell him, but for somewhere in the region of £5 million. A few goals in a half-season Championship loan don’t make you a £10 million striker.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

McBurnie on 08:58 - May 15 with 2941 viewsomarjack

McBurnie on 08:52 - May 15 by Yossarian

1. People are saying that he can guarantee 10-15 goals in the Championship...what, with our midfield?If people who went to the game on Sunday didn’t think they were comically bad, then they’ve either become used to watching shit (understandable) or totally deluded
2. The boy is a Rangers fan and that would be a far, far more powerful pull than coming back to little old Swansea and the everyday life at a toxic club that players can’t get away from fast enough.
3. The boy has been on loan twice and probably doubts he’ll make it as a first team regular here. He’s had a bit of stick (rightly at times) but that wouldn’t have endeared him to the club in any case.
4. Sell him, but for somewhere in the region of £5 million. A few goals in a half-season Championship loan don’t make you a £10 million striker.

1-lol and you think Barnsley's midfield that relegated to League One is better than ours?
2-somehow a legit point.
3-He knows that at the very least he'll be a constantly used back up now that the club suffered relegation.
4-For 5 m? Are you mad? The likes of Assombalonga and Jordan Rhodes went for 12-15 m,what makes them and their record better than Mcburnie?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

McBurnie on 09:01 - May 15 with 2922 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie on 08:52 - May 15 by Yossarian

Players don't often run off to join their boyhood clubs in the amateur leagues when they're 21 years old and on the rise.

He scored 9 in 17 for a relegated side. Better strike rate than Jordan Ayew that's for sure.

£20m or fck off. He can go for free next summer if he's that desperate, next season is too big for us.
McBurnie on 09:25 - May 15 with 2849 viewsA_Fans_Dad

McBurnie on 09:01 - May 15 by jasper_T

Players don't often run off to join their boyhood clubs in the amateur leagues when they're 21 years old and on the rise.

He scored 9 in 17 for a relegated side. Better strike rate than Jordan Ayew that's for sure.

£20m or fck off. He can go for free next summer if he's that desperate, next season is too big for us.

Exactly 9 in 17 equates to at least 24 goals for the 46 game season, a bit more than 10-15if it can be sustained.
We would be mad to sell him, offer him a decent contract and wage and make him our joint number 1 striker.
McBurnie on 10:21 - May 15 with 2769 viewsNookiejack

With all the financial difficulties Rangers have had - how come they can now spend £4m on McBurnie?

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2018/05/odds-on-favourites-and-massive-bid.html
McBurnie on 10:24 - May 15 with 2754 viewsjack247

McBurnie on 08:07 - May 15 by jasper_T

Good Celtic players step up to the Championship. He'd be mad to go join Rangers.

The only reason to let him go is if we're sure we're going to be stuck with Bony & the Ayews and need desperately to get the expenses down. And he'd have plenty of Championship suitors, but selling to league rivals...

He can’t be on much coin surely?

I could see the logic in cashing in to raise funds, but I doubt he’s a huge drain on the wage budget at the moment.
McBurnie on 10:24 - May 15 with 2757 viewsNookiejack

McBurnie on 10:21 - May 15 by Nookiejack

With all the financial difficulties Rangers have had - how come they can now spend £4m on McBurnie?

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2018/05/odds-on-favourites-and-massive-bid.html

PS presumably we only receive the £4m in stage payment over say 3 years i.e. £1.3m a year - so surely it has got be worth us keeping him. He is likely to score minimum 10 alls in the championship verses receiving £1.3m of cash now?
McBurnie on 10:28 - May 15 with 2748 viewslonglostjack

McBurnie on 10:24 - May 15 by Nookiejack

PS presumably we only receive the £4m in stage payment over say 3 years i.e. £1.3m a year - so surely it has got be worth us keeping him. He is likely to score minimum 10 alls in the championship verses receiving £1.3m of cash now?

With a strong possibility that Rangers could go into liquidation again before we see the rest of the money.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

McBurnie on 10:38 - May 15 with 2719 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie on 07:54 - May 15 by 34dfgdf54

I wouldn't blame him after the few opportunities he's had here. I've a feeling he'll be off too.

If he want's to go, he goes. But we should do all we can to persuade him to stay. There's no guarantee in this game, but he'd be a perfect for us next season.
McBurnie on 11:08 - May 15 with 2648 viewshobo

£4m?! Jesus, let's hope that's just wishful thinking on Rangers part
McBurnie on 12:15 - May 15 with 2542 viewsYossarian

McBurnie on 08:58 - May 15 by omarjack

1-lol and you think Barnsley's midfield that relegated to League One is better than ours?
2-somehow a legit point.
3-He knows that at the very least he'll be a constantly used back up now that the club suffered relegation.
4-For 5 m? Are you mad? The likes of Assombalonga and Jordan Rhodes went for 12-15 m,what makes them and their record better than Mcburnie?

1.Im not a Barnsley watcher but it was a different League
2. If the club gets £10m I’ll shake your hand....we’ll wait and see.
3 Constantly used backup....I bet he’s overjoyed at the prospect.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

McBurnie on 12:27 - May 15 with 2486 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Are we 100% sure he has a year left? I remember reading an unconfirmed rumour his final year was optional depending on whether we stayed in the Premier League. Hopefully it was false or it was removed in a subsequent new deal.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

McBurnie on 12:53 - May 15 with 2427 viewsNookiejack

McBurnie on 10:28 - May 15 by longlostjack

With a strong possibility that Rangers could go into liquidation again before we see the rest of the money.

Yes definitely
McBurnie on 13:03 - May 15 with 2385 viewsTom1912

McBurnie on 12:27 - May 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Are we 100% sure he has a year left? I remember reading an unconfirmed rumour his final year was optional depending on whether we stayed in the Premier League. Hopefully it was false or it was removed in a subsequent new deal.

I'd be surprised if a youth player was negotiating that into his contract. When he signed his extension in 2016, I doubt he'd even want a clause like that to be included.

This seems pretty definitive anyway:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-oli-mcburnie-contract-extension
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024