Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff celebrations on their promotion 09:02 - May 15 with 4448 viewsmoonie

I've not watched BBC Wales of late

We have " neighbours" who are going down to Cardiff for a weekend break .
I swear to God, them being Tranmere supporters who went to Wembley ,and football people , asked if their visit would clash with the capital's celebrations.

They assume it will be an open top bus your starting from the Castle .

I'm wondering if the schools will be given a day a off or the WAG decide the whole of Wales needs to celebrate the capital returning ,briefly, to the Premier League ..

Any today replies from our many capital cousins reading this drivel
Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:09 - May 15 with 3619 viewsSTID2017

I appreciate you are having a dig at Cardiff getting promoted and their fans and the city in general celebrating, along with possible media coverage.
The post in general though makes little sense.
Of course they had an open top parade.
Of course they are going to celebrate it.
Of course BBC Cardiff and the Western Fail are going to treat it like the Second coming.
We did exactly the same and loved every minute of it, not to mention lauding it over Cardiff for seven years, so what did you expect ?
Totally pointless OP, IMHO

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:19 - May 15 with 3587 viewsomarjack

Our day has come..their day will come as well..sooner or later..same goes for many "regular" PL teams..

You saw what happened to Stoke and West Brom..the same fate awaits Crystal Palace,Bournemouth,Watford,Brighton,Burnley and many others..at some point they'll run out of gas and go down..and other teams will go up only to go down and cycle never ends..

Relegation sucks..there is no bright side to it..but let's face it..if you don't have Top 6 (or 7) clubs finances you'll always be a couple of bad decisions away from going under.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:26 - May 15 with 3560 viewsmoonie

STID

A good 90 per cent pof posts come into that catagory including crap like ..what does everyone think of this etc...

Nothing the matter with the odd facetious post

Totally pointless reply
Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:28 - May 15 with 3543 viewsBloodyhills

Of course you'd expect them to be making the most of their place in the sun but what goes up comes down, apart from a handful in the prem and I don't think any have always played at the top level.

I don't really care about what they do but hope we have our place in the sun again and/or at least get back to playing decent football.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:36 - May 15 with 3520 viewsSTID2017

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:26 - May 15 by moonie

STID

A good 90 per cent pof posts come into that catagory including crap like ..what does everyone think of this etc...

Totally pointless reply

All I was saying was that yours didn't make sense in a grammatical sense (except for the bit about your neighbours ! )

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:44 - May 15 with 3490 viewswestside

Did they get a trophy for finishing runners up ?
Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:45 - May 15 with 3480 views34dfgdf54

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:44 - May 15 by westside

Did they get a trophy for finishing runners up ?

They actually did, cringeworthy.
Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:46 - May 15 with 3477 viewsmoonie

Not sure if that sentence makes as much sense as you sensed
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 12:36 - May 15 with 3240 viewsProfessor

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:19 - May 15 by omarjack

Our day has come..their day will come as well..sooner or later..same goes for many "regular" PL teams..

You saw what happened to Stoke and West Brom..the same fate awaits Crystal Palace,Bournemouth,Watford,Brighton,Burnley and many others..at some point they'll run out of gas and go down..and other teams will go up only to go down and cycle never ends..

Relegation sucks..there is no bright side to it..but let's face it..if you don't have Top 6 (or 7) clubs finances you'll always be a couple of bad decisions away from going under.

I was thinking this myself. Bolton, Wigan, Charlton, Fulham etc. were all 'established' PL teams until relegation. All three going down this year were too. Some (WBA, West Ham, even Leicester) have been more yo-yo than others. We all seem to have a 6-10 year lifespan until relegation opens up. It almost seems as if you get past the first two years you get an extended pass. Next year it could well be another couple of more established names going down. Wolves will be useful as would Villa or Fulham.
Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 13:12 - May 15 with 3157 viewsMrSwerve

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:45 - May 15 by 34dfgdf54

They actually did, cringeworthy.

We had a trophy for winning the playoffs...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 13:33 - May 15 with 3101 views34dfgdf54

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 13:12 - May 15 by MrSwerve

We had a trophy for winning the playoffs...

That's a mini tournament though, you win a final to get that trophy.

Not trying to undermine their achievements, like I have said on here numerous times, the manager and his staff their worked miracles with them. They deserve their promotion. I just found jumping around with a cup after coming second was quite cringeworthy.
Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 13:33 - May 15 with 3099 viewsymaohyd

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:19 - May 15 by omarjack

Great post.

Sums up football, the PL and the overall picture.

Sadly for us i think we are in a hell of a mess behind the scenes, the dynamics of Jenkins and the Americans running the show seems to be a toxic combination that will lead to another relegation or at best barely surviving.

Rarely will a club with such off field issues succeed on the pitch.

Hope im wrong and between them the Americans and Jenkins make some brilliant left field appointments in terms of a manager, new DOF etc and surprise us all.

I don't think the Americans are asset stripers or are bad people, just useless in understanding how to run a football club.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 13:37 - May 15 with 3081 views34dfgdf54

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 13:33 - May 15 by ymaohyd

Great post.

Sums up football, the PL and the overall picture.

Sadly for us i think we are in a hell of a mess behind the scenes, the dynamics of Jenkins and the Americans running the show seems to be a toxic combination that will lead to another relegation or at best barely surviving.

Rarely will a club with such off field issues succeed on the pitch.

Hope im wrong and between them the Americans and Jenkins make some brilliant left field appointments in terms of a manager, new DOF etc and surprise us all.

I don't think the Americans are asset stripers or are bad people, just useless in understanding how to run a football club.

Just a quick reply to your last sentence Ymaohyd.

Look at how every club/franchise is performing since they took over them. Not just football. Every one last year bottom of their respective leagues I'm sure I read, apart from us, but still, down we go.
Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 14:01 - May 15 with 3034 viewsymaohyd

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 13:37 - May 15 by 34dfgdf54

Just a quick reply to your last sentence Ymaohyd.

Look at how every club/franchise is performing since they took over them. Not just football. Every one last year bottom of their respective leagues I'm sure I read, apart from us, but still, down we go.

Yes. DC United currently bottom of the Eastern Conference and finished bottom last year.

They are about to move into a new stadium, although as i understand it, the spec of the new stadium is quite a step down from their original plans.

I just don't understand business people who get involved in football and do such a bad job and display such naivity.

There are many professional leagues across the world with plenty of well run clubs.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Copy a good business model, get the right people in and you are giving yourself a fighting chance.

Instead you have Jenkins in charge of transfers, they are another tier of decision making (as displayed by the drawn out saga of the Gylfi sale) and it all equals a cluster fu ck of a system.

I can only imagine that as we all speculate, behind the scenes it's a story of spiteful recriminations, with little focus and action.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 14:39 - May 15 with 2953 viewswaynekerr55

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:26 - May 15 by moonie

STID

Totally pointless reply

Per cent pof posts

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 15:13 - May 15 with 2868 viewsbyron

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 09:09 - May 15 by STID2017

I appreciate you are having a dig at Cardiff getting promoted and their fans and the city in general celebrating, along with possible media coverage.
The post in general though makes little sense.
Of course they had an open top parade.
Of course they are going to celebrate it.
Of course BBC Cardiff and the Western Fail are going to treat it like the Second coming.
We did exactly the same and loved every minute of it, not to mention lauding it over Cardiff for seven years, so what did you expect ?
Totally pointless OP, IMHO

Things seem pretty low key to be honest, I think everyone knows you are all a bit sensitive so we are going easy on you. Apparently the devils won the ice hockey so Darran will be pleased, and the Cardiff blues won some eggby cup, that must have pleased all the rugby lovers amongst you. We bring joy😂😎🤪

Benny

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 15:55 - May 15 with 2784 views1983

Well done cardiff our capital in the lower leagues for so long was getting a bit embarrassing.
Personally I think you will only last a season again and big gob will be gone by Xmas,but from a Welsh point of view it keeps and English team out of the top league

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 16:00 - May 15 with 2763 viewsbyron

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 15:55 - May 15 by 1983

Well done cardiff our capital in the lower leagues for so long was getting a bit embarrassing.
Personally I think you will only last a season again and big gob will be gone by Xmas,but from a Welsh point of view it keeps and English team out of the top league

15 years in the championship and two in the premier league, is that lower leagues? My goodness

Benny

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 16:04 - May 15 with 2753 viewsDarran

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 15:13 - May 15 by byron

Things seem pretty low key to be honest, I think everyone knows you are all a bit sensitive so we are going easy on you. Apparently the devils won the ice hockey so Darran will be pleased, and the Cardiff blues won some eggby cup, that must have pleased all the rugby lovers amongst you. We bring joy😂😎🤪

Fuçk up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 16:42 - May 15 with 2678 views1983

Byron how are you going to pass your exams if you don't know the difference between higher & lower?

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 16:58 - May 15 with 2643 viewsmonmouth

I’ve come to love Byron. Fair play, a few weeks ago it looked like we would stay up and they would play off and he still kept jabbering on. You have to admire that. Most of these w(nkers didn’t dare raise their heads before certainty.

I might even root for his truly terrible team to get more than 11 points. But maybe not.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 17:05 - May 15 with 2624 viewsSTID2017

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 15:13 - May 15 by byron

So you read my post saying that you are entitled to enjoy your promotion celebrations and from that you took it that I was sensitive ?
Strange ...

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 18:30 - May 15 with 2495 viewsbyron

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 16:58 - May 15 by monmouth

I’ve come to love Byron. Fair play, a few weeks ago it looked like we would stay up and they would play off and he still kept jabbering on. You have to admire that. Most of these w(nkers didn’t dare raise their heads before certainty.

I might even root for his truly terrible team to get more than 11 points. But maybe not.

I was quite amazed at the amount of supposed bluebirds that appeared overnight the other day, where have they all been eh? Leaving me to fight my corner all alone, all this time, the phuckers.lol. I’m still amazed we went up and you down too, mental. Did you only get 3 points in the last 9 games?

Benny

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 18:31 - May 15 with 2493 viewsbyron

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 17:05 - May 15 by STID2017

So you read my post saying that you are entitled to enjoy your promotion celebrations and from that you took it that I was sensitive ?
Strange ...

Not you stid but sainthelens told me you was all a bit anxious so go easy, which was a bit odd as generally, I always have.

Benny

Cardiff celebrations on their promotion on 17:06 - May 20 with 2047 viewsCaerphillyblue1927

It was a great day in the sun, and we won a trophy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024