Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing... 11:46 - May 15 with 10721 viewsSwan91

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44120950

That was fast an AM from Liverpool... wonder if he can step up from the u23's... and I wonder if this is a squad buy.. or a youth buy.. could be either
New signing... on 13:05 - May 15 with 2121 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Klopp said he was going to be one of the next ones off the production line to go intot he 1st team. But hes found his path blocked. Liverpool played him as a forward, not attacking midfield, so he's moving on for opportunities.
Hopefully this means Byers will be in the 1st team squad.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

New signing... on 13:06 - May 15 with 2117 viewsjackeinstein

New signing... on 13:02 - May 15 by JonnyTheJack

Like this signing. Can’t see this being an Under-23 signing. Think he’ll be in with a shout of the starting XI. Looks creative for a winger.

I’ve been told he is on excess of 10k a week at Liverpool so definitely a first team acquisition , does this spell the end for George Byers at the club because they play in the same position?
New signing... on 13:07 - May 15 with 2110 viewsJonnyTheJack

What position does Byers play? This lad looks predominantly a left winger.
New signing... on 13:08 - May 15 with 2106 viewsjasper_T

New signing... on 13:04 - May 15 by LeonWasGod

Bit of an assumption he's only being seen as an U23s player. I reckon people are going to have a shock when they realise what recruitment at 'The Next Level' looks like.

It fits the same model that saw us bring in Gorre, Tyler Reid, Byers, Kees de Boer etc. It's not a big assumption to make.
New signing... on 13:09 - May 15 with 2098 viewsDr_Winston

I'm sure we can squeeze more than one attacking player into the side.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New signing... on 13:10 - May 15 with 2091 viewsjasper_T

New signing... on 13:06 - May 15 by jackeinstein

I’ve been told he is on excess of 10k a week at Liverpool so definitely a first team acquisition , does this spell the end for George Byers at the club because they play in the same position?

That's Matt Grimes money!

I doubt Byers will sign a new deal if he's not going to be a first team player. He made his Championship debut when he was at Watford, if he's not going to get a chance now he can do better elsewhere.
New signing... on 13:12 - May 15 with 2071 viewsNookiejack

I thought Jenkins had just re-signed Ashley Williams from Everton when I saw the OP.

Wouldn't surprise if months and months of Jenkins scouting leads to the resigning of Ashley Williams.
New signing... on 13:15 - May 15 with 2056 viewsLeonWasGod

New signing... on 13:08 - May 15 by jasper_T

It fits the same model that saw us bring in Gorre, Tyler Reid, Byers, Kees de Boer etc. It's not a big assumption to make.

When we were in the PL though - big difference. Championship sides don't spend the sorts of money we spent on those players to stick them in the U23s. Not in the main anyway. We'll see, but I'd be very surprised if they aren't hoping he'll be ready for the first team sooner rather than later.
Login to get fewer ads

New signing... on 13:19 - May 15 with 2037 viewsLeonWasGod

New signing... on 13:12 - May 15 by Nookiejack

I thought Jenkins had just re-signed Ashley Williams from Everton when I saw the OP.

Wouldn't surprise if months and months of Jenkins scouting leads to the resigning of Ashley Williams.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Had this conversation with the Mrs on Saturday after the match. He ticks all the boxes. Ex-player (no scouting required). And he's grown his dreads.
New signing... on 13:23 - May 15 with 2012 viewsjasper_T

New signing... on 13:15 - May 15 by LeonWasGod

When we were in the PL though - big difference. Championship sides don't spend the sorts of money we spent on those players to stick them in the U23s. Not in the main anyway. We'll see, but I'd be very surprised if they aren't hoping he'll be ready for the first team sooner rather than later.

I would hope that the u23s are going to be utilised in the first team more from now on, instead of being stuck out of sight. Would certainly be nice if our managers watched them play now and then (was it Monk the other day on tv trying to talk about Connor Roberts without a clue? Or was it Clement re: Dan James in the cup?)
New signing... on 13:28 - May 15 with 1969 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New signing... on 13:23 - May 15 by jasper_T

I would hope that the u23s are going to be utilised in the first team more from now on, instead of being stuck out of sight. Would certainly be nice if our managers watched them play now and then (was it Monk the other day on tv trying to talk about Connor Roberts without a clue? Or was it Clement re: Dan James in the cup?)

I used to attend most U23 matches whilst Monk was manager and to be fair he was present at many of them, usually accompanied by O'Leary.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 13:29]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

New signing... on 13:30 - May 15 with 1963 viewsHighjack

New signing... on 12:18 - May 15 by Yossarian

Same old, same old, pick up Premier League youth cast-offs in the hope that one will make it. How many have done so? Our Academy is doing well.....

Leon Britton, Alan Tate, Scott Sinclair, Borini, all premier league youth cast offs.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

New signing... on 13:31 - May 15 with 1957 viewsLeonWasGod

New signing... on 13:23 - May 15 by jasper_T

Hope so. If they aren't able to step up into the championship it makes you wonder why we've been spending a £million on players and what we've been doing with them for the last 1-3 years.

I didn't see Monk/Clem - both should be aware of Dan and Connor - haven't they been with us for quite a few years now?
New signing... on 13:36 - May 15 with 1917 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'm trying to look at the positives here.

- Getting a signing done early whether U23 or not.
- Toshack surely would have had some influence having seen him play himself, I trust that man infinitely over Huw 'I know football' Jenkins.
- Liverpool fans are going mental over him going.
- As an Indian player would open up further marketing opportunities.

Ultimately the lad is a creative player and if he joins I wish him all the best because it sure is a s**tshow which he's joining at the moment.
New signing... on 13:39 - May 15 with 1905 viewsherbie

New signing... on 13:36 - May 15 by TheKirkyLife

- Toshack surely would have had some influence having seen him play himself, I trust that man infinitely over Huw 'I know football' Jenkins.

Ultimately the lad is a creative player and if he joins I wish him all the best because it sure is a s**tshow which he's joining at the moment.

He sounds a prospect to be fair.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/10/yan-dhanda-liverpools-history-making-attac
New signing... on 13:49 - May 15 with 1851 viewsWarwickHunt

New signing... on 12:39 - May 15 by jasonbromham

A lot of very upset Liverpool fans. Looks a decent prospect.

Every cloud...
New signing... on 14:02 - May 15 with 1791 viewsicecoldjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:55 - May 15 by cymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:04]

In the old days you'd just send a scout to view games but somehow we spend multi millions to get to PL2 to view then instead !

Mental .

As for the player, the only way you will really know is if you play them at the right level, we don't seem willing to do that either, though iñ fairness the last 3/4 managers have only been fire fighting and not been able to think about the future and laying foundations .

Wonder what wages he'll be on ?
New signing... on 14:08 - May 15 with 1767 viewsTheKirkyLife

Neat player. Perhaps a little selfish but at least he shoots.

New signing... on 14:08 - May 15 with 1764 viewsnantywatcher

New signing... on 13:36 - May 15 by TheKirkyLife

The other positive:
someone is considering joinng us.
Keep him away from this site.
[Post edited 15 May 2018 19:24]
New signing... on 14:14 - May 15 with 1750 viewsswanforthemoney

Let’s face it. No one really knows much about this guy. Too early to comment.

I stand in the North Stand

New signing... on 14:21 - May 15 with 1724 viewsTom1912

FWIW a lot of Liverpool fans unhappy with him leaving.
New signing... on 14:51 - May 15 with 1644 viewspremierjack

New signing... on 11:54 - May 15 by pencoedjack

Got to be better than Tom Carroll

Tom Carroll was the best player on the pitch v Stoke.
New signing... on 14:56 - May 15 with 1624 viewsLoyal

New signing... on 13:07 - May 15 by JonnyTheJack

What position does Byers play? This lad looks predominantly a left winger.

Snowflake ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

New signing... on 15:01 - May 15 with 1601 viewskarnataka

New signing... on 14:51 - May 15 by premierjack

Tom Carroll was the best player on the pitch v Stoke.

That seemed to be the consensus around where I sit too. Hope he wasn't given a drugs test after the game.
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:07 - May 15 with 1566 viewscymrojack

New signing... on 14:02 - May 15 by icecoldjack

In the old days you'd just send a scout to view games but somehow we spend multi millions to get to PL2 to view then instead !

Mental .

As for the player, the only way you will really know is if you play them at the right level, we don't seem willing to do that either, though iñ fairness the last 3/4 managers have only been fire fighting and not been able to think about the future and laying foundations .

Wonder what wages he'll be on ?

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:03]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024