Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing... 11:46 - May 15 with 10689 viewsSwan91

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44120950

That was fast an AM from Liverpool... wonder if he can step up from the u23's... and I wonder if this is a squad buy.. or a youth buy.. could be either
New signing... on 15:32 - May 15 with 2246 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

New signing... on 14:51 - May 15 by premierjack

Tom Carroll was the best player on the pitch v Stoke.

Which sums up why we are relegated.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

New signing... on 15:38 - May 15 with 2224 viewspencoedjack

New signing... on 14:51 - May 15 by premierjack

Tom Carroll was the best player on the pitch v Stoke.

Excellent the last decent thing he done before that was a cross at Anfield last season.

Superb return in 18 months
New signing... on 15:51 - May 15 with 2168 viewsvetchonian

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:07 - May 15 by cymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:03]

yes in the good old days Swansea Senior League players wrote to Toshack asking for a trial ( Mark Baker) lets do that shall we.

The game has moved on...."youngsters" get signed to clubs acadamies at very early ages and are then tied to that club for a period....its a different world and "scouting" has changed too

We need an acadamy to develop home grown talent as we did way back when...local lads Robbie,Charlo,Speedy,Wyndham,Cuddly Dudley,Gary Richards, Colin Pascoe,Darren Gale,( Curt was an import! but still one of own!)Joe Allon,Ben even Jazz. I know many will quote lots of "failures" but the issue is these days all clubs have some form of "acadamies" full of promising youngsters the issue is there are less and less places for these lads to go to as the PL is almost full of foreign imoprts ( just take a look at us!) this is trickling down to the Cahmpionship and beyond. Instant success demands people are not given enough chances as especially at PL level they are expected to make the huge leap from U23 to PL immediately. The bigger clubs have more chance to get ti right.
But as has been said many of our "legends " of late were all PL rejects, Leon,Tatey,Monk,others such as Trundle no league!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

New signing... on 16:01 - May 15 with 2135 viewsSwan91

New signing... on 14:08 - May 15 by TheKirkyLife

Neat player. Perhaps a little selfish but at least he shoots.

I know it is just a youtube video so not much to go by.... but he looks decent... has decent vision, decent at passing and can dribble/ cross decently.

This is the type of player we need.. and we need to sign a few more (hopefully ones that have shown they can do it at championship level and with potential to improve). seems like the type of player who can actually link up cm with attackers

I am kind of happy with this signing.. we used to sign younger players who didn't work well with bigger teams (sinclair,britton,dyer, Fabianski... ok not young) and I am sure at his age he will want to prove alot. I am also sure the way he plays will fit the old Swansea way if we can manage to go back to that style.
New signing... on 16:29 - May 15 with 2075 viewsNookiejack

New signing... on 14:08 - May 15 by TheKirkyLife

Neat player. Perhaps a little selfish but at least he shoots.

He appears very right footed on that video about him. Doesn’t appear to be 2 footed. You would think with all these academies around that players would be technically better these days.
New signing... on 17:22 - May 15 with 1954 viewsPrivate_Partz

New signing... on 12:25 - May 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Sounds promising? He's a 19 year old who Liverpool don't believe they'll ever receive a transfer fee for and was likely not deemed good enough to loan by any club in the Football League.

But yes, lets bring him in, pay him probably close to £1m to play for the U23s for three years before he leaves to go play at a far lower level.

If he's lucky he might do a Gorre and cling on here until he's 23.

Alright mun, I am trying to be a bit positive and I did put a sting in the tail. The Res is on my case with all my Huw bashing donthcha know?
I am feeling almost as doom and gloom as you at the moment. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

New signing... on 17:31 - May 15 with 1936 viewsLoyal

But of course he hasn't signed yet 😂
[Post edited 15 May 2018 17:40]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

New signing... on 18:15 - May 15 with 1864 viewsjasper_T

New signing... on 17:31 - May 15 by Loyal

But of course he hasn't signed yet 😂
[Post edited 15 May 2018 17:40]

Could all be his agent planting a story to scare up a better deal at Liverpool. Happens all the time with senior players.
Login to get fewer ads

New signing... on 18:44 - May 15 with 1809 viewstheloneranger

New signing... on 18:15 - May 15 by jasper_T

Could all be his agent planting a story to scare up a better deal at Liverpool. Happens all the time with senior players.

Who's his agent??

Tutu 😂😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

New signing... on 23:11 - May 15 with 1612 viewsDJack

New signing... on 12:12 - May 15 by MrSwansea

Indian - could be a marketing department signing too. Although now relegated who knows.

Yeah, cowboys and Indians springs to mind...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

New signing... on 07:36 - May 16 with 1497 viewsSwan91

New signing... on 16:29 - May 15 by Nookiejack

He appears very right footed on that video about him. Doesn’t appear to be 2 footed. You would think with all these academies around that players would be technically better these days.

sometimes they focus on the best foot so they can be a better player (not overall)
New signing... on 10:05 - May 16 with 1451 viewsJango

New signing... on 16:29 - May 15 by Nookiejack

Wayne Routledge came through an academy and spent his entire career in the top 2 divisions. He can’t use his left foot or the inside of his right.
New signing... on 10:08 - May 16 with 1443 views3swan

He is reported to have undergone a medical at the club who are said to be paying around £100,000 for the teenager who started his career in the West Bromwich Albion academy, and Liverpool have asked for a 20 percent sell-on clause to be inserted.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-leeds-un
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024