Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential freebies 19:34 - May 15 with 4825 viewsSwansea93

Don't know if they've signed with anyone yet, but there's a few on the list.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/endendevertraege

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Potential freebies on 09:51 - May 17 with 860 viewsjasper_T

We've got no business buying squad players for depth. The wage bill is already massively out of control (even for our PL income it was excessive) and the first team lacks a quality creative element.
Potential freebies on 10:37 - May 17 with 816 viewsomarjack

Potential freebies on 09:51 - May 17 by jasper_T

We've got no business buying squad players for depth. The wage bill is already massively out of control (even for our PL income it was excessive) and the first team lacks a quality creative element.

Those "squad players" could be able to cut it in the starting 11 in the Championship.

Plus what do you suggest? to have an entire bench of unproven U23s? maybe half a bench like that is ok..but in my opinion we'll still need some experience there like Bartley,Carroll,Dyer,Narsingh for example.

As for the wage bill,trust me,with selling the right players and the academy players who will fill the gap,and the relegation clause wage cuts we should be fine for the first 2 years (when the parachute payments are still substantial)
[Post edited 17 May 2018 10:37]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Potential freebies on 10:59 - May 17 with 803 viewsjasper_T

We've got ~25 senior players on the books already. Even if we sell half of them we've barely got enough room for a couple of new signings, so they need to be good ones to come straight into the first team.
Potential freebies on 15:00 - May 17 with 730 viewsBadlands

Potential freebies on 10:37 - May 17 by omarjack

Those "squad players" could be able to cut it in the starting 11 in the Championship.

Plus what do you suggest? to have an entire bench of unproven U23s? maybe half a bench like that is ok..but in my opinion we'll still need some experience there like Bartley,Carroll,Dyer,Narsingh for example.

As for the wage bill,trust me,with selling the right players and the academy players who will fill the gap,and the relegation clause wage cuts we should be fine for the first 2 years (when the parachute payments are still substantial)
[Post edited 17 May 2018 10:37]

and if the bench consists of 4 - 5 under 23s (even if we had them) it means they are not playing and supposedly developing.

Are any of our loaned out players (barring McBurnie) likely to return any more prepared than they left? It would be silly to release players only to be replaced with ones who are no better!

Mesa going
Amat wants to stay in Spain
Grimes coping in League 2
Fulton not coping in League 1

Bastón failing in Malaga so could potentially return for next season
A manger who wants to play pre-Monk football could resurrect his career.

Bartley, if he stays, will be playing alongside a new CB, although Clucas might be converted.
I expect Fernandez and Hoorn to leave for higher profile teams.
Buy a CB and one on loan?
Loan, buy, beg. steal or borrow a competent defensive midfield player.
Naughton, Robert on the right but no cover on the left so a player has to come in even if Olson stays.
Narsingh might be OK but I doubt it - he's struggled in cup games against lower league opposition and Dyer is now, only back up standard.
Robert could continue as a right midfielder (mistake to release Rangel IMO) but we need to inject real speed somewhere in the side. Can't imagine Montero will be back and if he is will he be fit or fancy playing? Two full games and 81 minutes for Ecuador almost nothing for Getafe or Emelec.
Carroll has ambition in excess of ability but could be snapped up in the hope he'd do a Cork and play well outside Wales.
Bony - injuries are stopping him playing any football and should leave but if no one comes in for him surely he would score in the Championship.
Our attack at that level might well be OK - supply and defence needs much work.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Potential freebies on 15:05 - May 17 with 725 viewsjackjackjackjack

"although Clucas might be converted."

As a recent signing from a Premier league club. I expect he's on big wages, so I think he'd be shipped out.

And for freebies, I think Jazz Richards could come in as defensive cover.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 15:05]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024