Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation 10:53 - May 16 with 5933 viewsQJumpingJack

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/16/swansea-relegation-lament-owner
David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 13:53 - May 16 with 1674 viewsWatchman

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 12:14 - May 16 by longlostjack

Think of it this way. By deciding not to recommend legal action the prawn sandwich Board members could expect their critics to leave the Trust in droves ensuring their re-election in the upcoming elections. Just plays into their hands.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 12:15]

is the correct thinking

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 13:55 - May 16 with 1668 viewsSmellyplumz

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 13:47 - May 16 by Baptist

Not at all amigo. I'm not clapping and I'm certainly not happy. I'm not an active participant of the ST either but I do recognise that quaint old concept of apportioning the blame correctly and venting my anger in the necessary direction.

So to repeat
- what else could the Trust have done ? (once they no longer held a majority - thanks to the roofer, the shyster and vending machine salesman et al pulling the rug from under them)
- what legal action can be taken ? (there was nothing limiting the shareholders from dumping other than the usual fiduciary duties to the club and the shareholders - good f'ing luck arguing those were breached down at the ChD)

Point is - what good are you actually doing ball-acheing about it on here ??
[Post edited 16 May 2018 13:48]

This has been done to death, they could of taken them to court, the legal advice at the time of consultation was the trust had a good case. The members bottled it. I voted for legal action.

Imo we are where we want to be as fans, when it becomes intolerable then maybe something will be done.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 13:56 - May 16 with 1665 viewsjacksfullaces

very sad.

and the silence over the last few days shows the disconnect between club and fans is bigger than ever.

pulling together? around what? with who? to what end?

Surely this would be the time to galvanise the fan base, provide a vision ....

Already a missed opportunity, along with all the others of the last 3 years.

and yet, we still HOPE that this time, it will be different.
David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 14:02 - May 16 with 1652 viewsPrivate_Partz

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 13:48 - May 16 by Rancid

If we're successful again soon then Huw will soon be forgiven..ok maybe not forgiven but we'll all turn a blind eye if success comes our way.That was evident this season and 2 or 3 before that.

We'll all hate him now and let it known on here or in the pub as we've been relegated but like I say we'll all cool our boots should we hit the floor running.

We're football fans and fickle by default .

The protest will certainly die down but the way the Sellout went will never been forgotten.
The question that we have to ask is 'will the club hit the ground running on the evidence of what have seen over the last 3 years?'
We can sit back and hope Huw recovers his mojo or deem the curent set up is not fit for purpose and protest.
The choice is ours. I take the latter view.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 15:02 - May 16 with 1591 viewsYossarian

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 14:02 - May 16 by Private_Partz

The protest will certainly die down but the way the Sellout went will never been forgotten.
The question that we have to ask is 'will the club hit the ground running on the evidence of what have seen over the last 3 years?'
We can sit back and hope Huw recovers his mojo or deem the curent set up is not fit for purpose and protest.
The choice is ours. I take the latter view.

Me too. I voted against legal action and for the sale but I changed my mind. As a Trust member, I think the Trust is facing an existential crisis. It mirrors the club now inasmuch as it is often issuing fine words and soothing reassurance but fails to meet the expectations of the fans over the timings of its statements and or being silent when it should be heard.
The very fact that a senior Trust member thought it appropriate to sit in the Directors Box on Sunday ( which he would claim he has every right to) shows that the concept of ‘disconnect’ exists at the top of the Trust as well as in the wider Boardroom.
Time and patience, I fear, is running out.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 17:12 - May 16 with 1492 viewsmax936

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 11:33 - May 16 by waynekerr55

Oh I share serious concerns about the Trust. However we simply have to try and force the issue. That's the only way I can see from my PoV.

Nothing will change whilst the old guard are there, they'll continue to refute any change, they scrapped the 12yr rule to keep themselves in control waste of space as they are, especially so when you hear that one of them tried to shout down the arguments for getting stuff done, with him saying ungrateful lot trying to be the tail wagging the dog, with a buffoon like that there there's no chance, its a closed shop.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 17:16 - May 16 with 1478 viewsmax936

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 11:38 - May 16 by Neath_Jack

Now i know this is a bit of a catch 22, but when my membership expires, that's me done with them until there has been a complete clear out. Whether that be by them being honest with themselves and resigning, or by other members voting them out.

The only other way is if that they give free membership out as compensation for their complete and utter shambles of a stewardship over the past few years. Not fit for purpose.

I remember all the Trust bods and fanboys on here last year, saying the exact same thing as you did, now is the time to sign up, have a voice, make a difference etc, and look how that panned out. I've seen nothing since then from them that makes me think it's going to be any different this time around. If anything, they've got worse. Completely out of their depths.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 11:39]

Can't even vote them out, they're not up for re-election.

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 17:21 - May 16 with 1464 viewsmax936

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 11:47 - May 16 by theloneranger

Famous last words from Pinnochio...

"Jenkins is now in conciliatory mood. “If, with the other shareholders, we could have done things differently, ensured the trust were on board with the sale, for the good of the club which would have benefited from a better atmosphere, I wish we had done that,” he said.

One of the comments says it all...!!

"Human greed is such that however great their affection for the club shareholders will always sell out to the highest bidder if they are able to irrespective of what's best for the club.

Once they smell the money nothing will stop them."
[Post edited 16 May 2018 11:50]

Crocodile tears from Jenkins to late now, enjoy your wealth, not.

Login to get fewer ads

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 17:35 - May 16 with 1441 viewsTheResurrection

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 12:27 - May 16 by Private_Partz

Excellent article. Sums it up perfectly.
How a very vociferous few on here feel we should carry on happy clapping this lot in charge is beyond me.

Well the only reason the few vociferous people on here (I take it you're still obsessing with me and Jenkins) would support anything to do with SCFC, is, unlike Conn, who Loyal claimed to have a vested interest, well he actually doesn't.

But I very much do. That's why.

It's not hard to understand although you're making a massive meal out of it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 19:05 - May 16 with 1362 viewsFerrisBuellerJB

The Trust’s action or lack of is falling right into the yanks pocket. They don’t want any supporters groups, the current trust board are completely incompetent the fans are deserting them could this be part of a bigger plan by the yanks and sellouts with those complying being very well looked after this is only a theory but their lack of action is concerning.
They could have made a stand on Sunday with those protesting but didn’t neither did the other group SCSA so I’ve been told.
David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 19:51 - May 16 with 1289 viewsPrivate_Partz

David Conn: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation on 17:35 - May 16 by TheResurrection

Well the only reason the few vociferous people on here (I take it you're still obsessing with me and Jenkins) would support anything to do with SCFC, is, unlike Conn, who Loyal claimed to have a vested interest, well he actually doesn't.

But I very much do. That's why.

It's not hard to understand although you're making a massive meal out of it.

Well I have a vested interest as well. Three generations supporting the club since it was formed.
Regardless of who the writer is I think the article is excellent and sums it up for me.
Obsessing with you? About Jenkins? You are part of a vociferous minority on here. You start thread after thread telling us where we are all going wrong in your opinion. If you get responses don't confuse that with obsession.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024