Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change 12:23 - May 16 with 11568 viewsTheResurrection

The month of June is an important time for the Trust. It's the time they hold their elections but guess what, and it's the same every year there's virtually no mention of them.

This is the only real strategy they've ever had. One where the mechanism of the organisation doesn't get the chance to evolve or even breathe.

If the Trust had the best intentions of the Football Club and its fans at heart they'd be shouting from the rooftops that elections are due soon and doing their best to blood younger, more hungry and determined volunteers to sweep up their mess and inability to ever get things done.

They're confused, they're silent, they don't know which way to turn, what's up or down or wrong or right.

The set up we have currently with Mute Stu and Alan Lewis has been nothing short of a farce, yet they continue to hide away hoping that June will come and go so they can go back into hiding once more.

Time for Change??

Yeah. But years ago

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 05:14 - May 17 with 1912 viewsPhil_S

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 01:02 - May 17 by Nookiejack

PS Say you were in favour of taking legal action and 7 out of the 16 candidates stood on the basis of taking legal action and you had up to 16 votes.

Wouldn't you vote for all 7 candidates hoping that at least 5 of the 7 then came in the top 5?

Anyway it is irrelevant.

As you said - you only get up to 5 votes if there are 5 positions for elections and further to Uxbridge's last post up to 7 votes if there are 7 positions for election.

If you only voted for 3 candidates because say a new Group could only field 3 candidates - your ballot paper would still be valid.

In your blurb as to why you are standing can you not include anything about the voting system please I do t think it will canvass you many votes 😂
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 08:01 - May 17 with 1829 viewsmonmouth

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 05:14 - May 17 by Phil_S

In your blurb as to why you are standing can you not include anything about the voting system please I do t think it will canvass you many votes 😂

Best. Argument. Ever.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 08:16 - May 17 with 1817 viewsicecoldjack

The Mistrust ..as they've been really known
for the last few years.
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 10:31 - May 17 with 1746 viewsNookiejack

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 05:14 - May 17 by Phil_S

I have absolutely no intention of ever standing.

I just got fed up of people continually moaning about the ineffectiveness of the Trust and the loss of the £20m guaranteeing long term security of professional football in Swansea. All hot air and a waste of time, unless somebody does something. Thats why I haven't posted about the Trust (i don't think anyway) since they changed the rules to allow indefinite terms of office - rather than the 12 years rule.

It is a closed a shop with relatively little change of the Trust Board. You would still be there if you hadn't resigned on a point of principle/ didn't think that you had the support of the rest of the Trust Board etc.

The only way to change, as I see it is for a new Group to stand to take majority power.

The OP about highlighting the upcoming elections resonated with me - as this seems an ideal opportunity to do this.

If no one intends to stand against Alan Lewis, Viv Brooks, Ron Knuska, Viv Williams then all the moaning is hot air and a waste of time. I then won't be posting again until perhaps next years election.

In respect of the voting system - I came from it from the perspective of the best way of keeping the current incumbents out (Alan Lewis, Viv Brooks, Ron Knuska, Viv Williams). Rather than you have got 5 votes - vote for the best 5 candidates. I obviously didn't communicate my thinking well enough.

You talk about the attributes of the members who want to stand for the leadership positions - needing to have passion/skill/vision/expertise - you also need to add considerable resilience/determination/energy believing their vision is right. A lot of qualities needed and the reason in the end that no one stands against the incumbents.

I will provide a nomination to anyone who wants to stand against the incumbents.

Anyway £20m down the pan. Agree with the OP again "Time for Change?? Yeah. But years ago".
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 11:58 - May 17 with 1690 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:10 - May 17 with 1664 viewsNookiejack

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 11:58 - May 17 by Darran

Did you know that the Trust elections were upcoming in June?

This OP has now been viewed 4,570 times so has probably done what it set out to do.
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:15 - May 17 with 1660 viewsYossarian

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 22:33 - May 16 by TheResurrection

I'm not after your vote or anyone else's.

I need to step away from the Swans a bit for my own sanity..

Although if no one did step up and challenge the status quo I'd feel guilty

As for Jenkins, I'm undecided. A part of me wants him gone because I don't think we'll be able to move on properly with him still attached.

And a part of me thinks he would be useful staying. He's picked the right manager to get us up before. I really don't want to go over all the usual old ground as well but I'm a genuine Swans fan and that's my opinion. It's only for the right reasons and me thinking what maybe the best for my football club.

Try and respect that.

Read your second line over and over and over....and you may arrive at a moment of clarity.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:19 - May 17 with 1652 viewsDarran

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:15 - May 17 by Yossarian

Read your second line over and over and over....and you may arrive at a moment of clarity.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:27 - May 17 with 1581 viewsmoonie

Would anyone agree with my view that it's sadness itself we feel the need for a Trust simply to oversee what highly paid officials are up to as regards the running of the business.

I m of a view that we should have a business in which we can have pride as fans no matter who the Owners are or who is Chair. We clearly don't and haven't for more years than I care to remember .

The fact is the backstabbing and duplicity was done by " local" people so we ve destroyed ourselves .

I really was all for A sale. That it proved to the wrong people doesn't alter my personal view.
We need this club sold but it's all about to whom. Nothing else matters; who is right as a poster ,who s spent more time or money at the club, or indeed who stewarded us into the Premier League. This is now and right now, we are drifting into an abyss the like of which I really don't think people envisage .

Can the Trust address this situation and if so,how. I cannot see it.

One thing is clear ,fans need to unite and not be squabbling about joining any quango
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:59 - May 17 with 1548 viewsPhil_S

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 10:31 - May 17 by Nookiejack

I have absolutely no intention of ever standing.

I just got fed up of people continually moaning about the ineffectiveness of the Trust and the loss of the £20m guaranteeing long term security of professional football in Swansea. All hot air and a waste of time, unless somebody does something. Thats why I haven't posted about the Trust (i don't think anyway) since they changed the rules to allow indefinite terms of office - rather than the 12 years rule.

It is a closed a shop with relatively little change of the Trust Board. You would still be there if you hadn't resigned on a point of principle/ didn't think that you had the support of the rest of the Trust Board etc.

The only way to change, as I see it is for a new Group to stand to take majority power.

The OP about highlighting the upcoming elections resonated with me - as this seems an ideal opportunity to do this.

If no one intends to stand against Alan Lewis, Viv Brooks, Ron Knuska, Viv Williams then all the moaning is hot air and a waste of time. I then won't be posting again until perhaps next years election.

In respect of the voting system - I came from it from the perspective of the best way of keeping the current incumbents out (Alan Lewis, Viv Brooks, Ron Knuska, Viv Williams). Rather than you have got 5 votes - vote for the best 5 candidates. I obviously didn't communicate my thinking well enough.

You talk about the attributes of the members who want to stand for the leadership positions - needing to have passion/skill/vision/expertise - you also need to add considerable resilience/determination/energy believing their vision is right. A lot of qualities needed and the reason in the end that no one stands against the incumbents.

I will provide a nomination to anyone who wants to stand against the incumbents.

Anyway £20m down the pan. Agree with the OP again "Time for Change?? Yeah. But years ago".

You should stand you have all the attributes that you have listed

Because it then becomes a little strange you say you aren't surprised nobody stands because of what is needed yet you want people to stand for the reasons that you say stop you?

You clearly have the strengths but you don't want to do it?
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 19:09 - May 17 with 1393 viewsOldjack

Could someone tell me what the Trust is good for ?because where i've been sitting absolutely nothing seems the order of the Trust ,and i don't think anything will change no matter who's at the helm ,while the Yanks hold all the trump cards along with Treacherous Huw

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

(No subject) (n/t) on 05:27 - May 21 with 1242 viewsBobby_Fischer

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:42 - May 16 by Phil_S

I don't see location as a stumbling block to be honest

At least three of the board currently live in London - whilst I was on there we had people from deepest West Wales, Somerset and I think people from Gloucester also stood.

Board meetings are monthly and you could dial in, they could set up Skype and much discussion can be done via email.

Location is not a valid excuse for any member that has the skill/vision/expertise to be able to facilitate the change that you clearly believe in.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I shudder when I see you advise on the Trust.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 09:06 - May 21 with 1189 viewsSTID2017

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:38 - May 16 by Darran

Vote Res.

Seriously though we need someone like him on the Trust.
If he’s happy to go for it everyone on here can vote to get him on board.

He has the makings of a good Trust Board member as he is certainly forthright with his views and wouldn't be afraid to tell anyone them.
My only two concerns are :
1 - He may be a loose cannon (judging by the way he puts himself across on here.);
2 - His support of Huw Jenkins in spite of most supporters being against Huw Jenkins puts him at loggerheads with those whose views he would hope to represent.

For those reasons he doesn't get my vote.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 09:29 - May 21 with 1172 viewscostalotta

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 09:06 - May 21 by STID2017

He has the makings of a good Trust Board member as he is certainly forthright with his views and wouldn't be afraid to tell anyone them.
My only two concerns are :
1 - He may be a loose cannon (judging by the way he puts himself across on here.);
2 - His support of Huw Jenkins in spite of most supporters being against Huw Jenkins puts him at loggerheads with those whose views he would hope to represent.

For those reasons he doesn't get my vote.

Not aiming this at anyone...

But being forthright, which can be effective in some circumstances is utterly useless without understanding the essence of delivery and timing. Without which forthright just becomes predicable and something you can see a mile off.
[Post edited 21 May 2018 9:30]
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:22 - May 21 with 1147 viewsPhil_S

(No subject) (n/t) on 05:27 - May 21 by Bobby_Fischer

I shudder when I see you advise on the Trust.

Do you? You probably need to get out more on that basis

I laugh when I see your name on a post as I know it’s going to be pointless and I’ll get at least two PMs asking “who is the tw4t posting under the chess player name”
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:08 - May 21 with 1079 viewsBobby_Fischer

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 22:28 - May 16 by Neath_Jack

How about directing the members to a no vote? How about lying about Mr Cooze being paid, then hanging him out to dry? How about doing absolutely nothing for the past 18 months in regards to speaking up about what the fûck is happening to our club?

Shall I go on?

There’s no need to answer because talk is cheap.

It is shocking.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024