Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion favourites with the bookies 14:56 - May 16 with 6728 viewsthornabyswan

The bookies have us favourites to go up next season.

Swansea 9/4
West Brom 11/4
Stoke 11/4
Boro 4/1
Derby 4/1
Brentford 5/1
Leeds 6/1

We are 33/1 to get relegated incredible odds really.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 21:34 - May 16 with 2267 viewsthornabyswan

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 21:30 - May 16 by 34dfgdf54

The Andy King thing is what has worried me if it’s true he has said he doesn’t want to stay permanently. He’s been decent enough but I didn’t think there would be Premier League sides falling over themselves chasing him.

My natural pessimistic side coming out though probably. I can’t wait for the clear out now, get rid of high earners and hopefully get back to playing some decent stuff again with young hungry players. I think there will be a struggle though before we can contend again personally.

He wanted to stay before we were relegated.
Championship wages will be the issue.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 21:40 - May 16 with 2248 views34dfgdf54

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 21:34 - May 16 by thornabyswan

He wanted to stay before we were relegated.
Championship wages will be the issue.

That sums it up though. Rather take Premier League wages than play football, and still get paid ridiculous cash.

Start fresh and go again.
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 21:46 - May 16 with 2234 viewsAl_Bundy

We have a squad of aging journeymen, unproven youth, returning loanees and ship jumpers and add Jenkins to the equation and we are favourites to go up.

lucky if we are top half .. !
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 22:23 - May 16 with 2198 viewsCroftyjack

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 21:18 - May 16 by sainthelens

And that last bit is what's worrying me. Do the squad know that there are big problems looming? They will know far more than us. Or is there total disbelief in what direction the board and club as a whole are handling everything? As a fan, I'm still totally gutted, and seeing them all flee is not filling me with hope.

Yes Newcastle did keep a large part of their squad and yes ours seem to wanna flee a sinken ship.....But this could be financial as much as loyalty as we know we have wages decreased on relegation maybe the Geordies didn't...that would determine a lot
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 22:59 - May 16 with 2169 viewsRevJames

In a very tough, unforgiving league like this, no chance.

We can't score, aren't physical enough and are a mess on and off the field.

Based on recent performances, lack of investment and dire recruitment, there's every chance we could do the double and be relegated again.
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 23:08 - May 16 with 2162 viewsJacket

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 22:23 - May 16 by Croftyjack

Yes Newcastle did keep a large part of their squad and yes ours seem to wanna flee a sinken ship.....But this could be financial as much as loyalty as we know we have wages decreased on relegation maybe the Geordies didn't...that would determine a lot

Fat Ashley has the resources to do this, we don't. Saying that Burnley didn't when they bounced straight back. They probably were lucky that they'd managed to keep the majority of their squad who'd only enjoyed one year of Premiership wages at the time and were prepared to make the drop.
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 00:16 - May 17 with 2105 viewsTheResurrection

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:56 - May 16 by Jonathans_coat

Sorry res but can’t agree that the “exact reason” we were relegated was because “our fans chose to give up”. Let’s be honest, there a quite a few bigger issues than that. To blame the fans for the poor recruitment and poor tactics and performance is just incorrect.

However I totally agree with what I think the sentiment of your post is. We will have one of the best squads in the championship (as flawed as it might be), and we should be looking to bounce back up as soon as possible. We have 3/4 seasons to do it really, otherwise it might be a very long time or not at all.

By exact reason I meant it didn't help.

Our fans getting on the backs of players and making them afraid of their shadows rarely does

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 00:49 - May 17 with 2081 viewsJonathans_coat

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 00:16 - May 17 by TheResurrection

Our fans getting on the backs of players and making them afraid of their shadows rarely does

Too true. But I can understand the frustration of seeing another promising attack fizzle out and end up passed back to our own goalkeeper. Or watching the 457th missplaced 15ft pass of Carroll or Sanches season.

I can also understand the pessimism about next season. Recent history shows that relegated teams are prone to freefall. I do think we need to be looking at least a playoff place next season though. There’s a lot of poor teams in this league. Even Tammy, Mcburnie, Sinclair and Graham scored a hatful for Pete’s sake and they aren’t exactly Messi and Salah are they?!?
Login to get fewer ads

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 06:51 - May 17 with 2018 viewsbyron

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:54 - May 16 by Loyal

Hello Byron, all your other user names have been banned, welcome back 👍

I trust you are taking the pi$$ yeah? I’ve nothing to do with all this newcomers to the show, one account man me. There are people who think I’m you too....😂😂
How you baring up loyal? You over it yet? Or has it ruined your summer?

Benny

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 07:00 - May 17 with 2005 viewsDippy

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 22:59 - May 16 by RevJames

In a very tough, unforgiving league like this, no chance.

We can't score, aren't physical enough and are a mess on and off the field.

Based on recent performances, lack of investment and dire recruitment, there's every chance we could do the double and be relegated again.

I'm not sure where this lack of investment stuff pops up from..

We spent 70+ million, with 100+ million wage bill..

I'm bemused by it.. we spent a lot.. what do you all think we are? Man City?

Poll: Cooper Out

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 07:12 - May 17 with 2007 viewspencoedjack

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 00:16 - May 17 by TheResurrection

Ah those multi million pound footballers frightened of their own shadow because supporters show their frustration at their lack of ability / effort ....

I can think of 2 occasions Tom Carroll & Sam Clucas both who are nowhere near PL standard & signed by the c unt of a DOF.

Posters are not negative & all want the Swans to bounce back ..,.the problem is at the moment we are cluster fuk of a a football club
[Post edited 17 May 2018 7:12]
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 07:22 - May 17 with 1989 viewsWarwickHunt

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 07:12 - May 17 by pencoedjack

Ah those multi million pound footballers frightened of their own shadow because supporters show their frustration at their lack of ability / effort ....

I can think of 2 occasions Tom Carroll & Sam Clucas both who are nowhere near PL standard & signed by the c unt of a DOF.

Posters are not negative & all want the Swans to bounce back ..,.the problem is at the moment we are cluster fuk of a a football club

What about these millionaire footballers getting criticised on a two bob football forum?

It must crush the poor lambs. Stop it now. All of you!

Heartless bastards.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 7:24]
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 07:37 - May 17 with 1970 viewsYossarian

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 16:50 - May 16 by JACKMANANDBOY

In a mess on and off the field. 33 to 1 sounds good.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 16:50]

Agreed. Seriously, in view of the car crash on and off the field, could Jenkins ( rather than the succession of managers ) have done a WORSE job?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 07:40 - May 17 with 1967 viewsYossarian

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:17 - May 16 by TheResurrection

And that's the exact reason we got relegated.

Our fans chose to give up and basically became an asset to our opposition than a help to our own.

Even now most are not even understanding the massive chance we have of going straight back up, instead more are enjoying talking about relegation.

We'll have the biggest budget next season if we make wise and decisive choices. When ever in our history could we have ever said that before?

Priceless.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 07:44 - May 17 with 1962 viewsYossarian

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 07:12 - May 17 by pencoedjack

Spot on.

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 07:47 - May 17 with 1952 viewsbyron

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 07:00 - May 17 by Dippy

I'm not sure where this lack of investment stuff pops up from..

We spent 70+ million, with 100+ million wage bill..

I'm bemused by it.. we spent a lot.. what do you all think we are? Man City?

Wages will be the issue now. What was your net spend though?

Benny

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 08:27 - May 17 with 1918 viewsBarrySwan

To be fair I think that Chris is right.

If only everybody had cheered more, all those hopelessly misplaced passes by non premiership standard players would have magically gone direct to feet, ( I suppose that many of them did but unfortunately straight to the other sides players feet )

More encouraging louder chants and the inept amateurish attempts at marking and tackling would have miraculously rectified themselves.

Dignified and yet enthusiastic clapping of our heroes would surely have directed all those pathetic amateurish attempts at crossing into real danger areas and all those wild hacks clearing the bar by thirty feet could only have ended up bulging the back of the net instead of row z

Lets get rid of the coaching staff and just rely on shouting louder at the rubbish on the pitch for a guaranteed swift return to the highest level.

Chrissy for manager

Or possibly new Liberty voluntary choir master to save money on a new manager.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 8:29]
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 09:14 - May 17 with 1859 viewsbyron

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 08:27 - May 17 by BarrySwan

To be fair I think that Chris is right.

If only everybody had cheered more, all those hopelessly misplaced passes by non premiership standard players would have magically gone direct to feet, ( I suppose that many of them did but unfortunately straight to the other sides players feet )

More encouraging louder chants and the inept amateurish attempts at marking and tackling would have miraculously rectified themselves.

Dignified and yet enthusiastic clapping of our heroes would surely have directed all those pathetic amateurish attempts at crossing into real danger areas and all those wild hacks clearing the bar by thirty feet could only have ended up bulging the back of the net instead of row z

Lets get rid of the coaching staff and just rely on shouting louder at the rubbish on the pitch for a guaranteed swift return to the highest level.

Chrissy for manager

Or possibly new Liberty voluntary choir master to save money on a new manager.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 8:29]

Well he is clearly still on the pay roll so would fit in nicely alongside huw eh?

Benny

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 09:40 - May 17 with 1827 viewsLeonWasGod

Our fans chose to give up and basically became an asset to our opposition than a help to our own.

Even now most are not even understanding the massive chance we have of going straight back up, instead more are enjoying talking about relegation.

We'll have the biggest budget next season if we make wise and decisive choices. When ever in our history could we have ever said that before?

Aye, it's all the the fans fault.

Nothing to do with Clement coaching football out of them. Nothing to do with systematically selling off our quality over the last few years. Nothing to do with signing over-priced nags. Nothing to do with relying on a goal-shy player and a kid to lead the line. Nothing to do with injuries to key players.
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 09:40 - May 17 with 1824 viewsdickythorpe

I shouted.so much at ki.this season I reckon I've ruined my voice box
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 10:16 - May 17 with 1782 viewsJonathans_coat

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 09:40 - May 17 by dickythorpe

To be honest our entire midfield has ruined my blood pressure this year!

Ki, Carroll, Sanches, King, Clucas, Mesa.... the dream team right there!
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 15:39 - May 17 with 1684 viewspencoedjack

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 09:40 - May 17 by dickythorpe

You were the 1st person I thought of when it was announced he was leaving Dicky
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 16:06 - May 17 with 1660 viewsCaptain_Sham

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 07:47 - May 17 by byron

Wages will be the issue now. What was your net spend though?

Net spend is irrelevant. Just because you make a profit on transfer, it doesn't mean you didn't spend any money or bring any players in.
I expect the promotion/relegation odds will revise as things take shape.
[Post edited 17 May 2018 16:47]

Its just a ride.

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 16:23 - May 17 with 1624 viewsswan65split

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 19:34 - May 17 with 1543 viewsMattG

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:49 - May 16 by TheResurrection

So did I unfortunately, well I did after the Arsenal home game

We are at a crossroads more than in a mess I think and we could be looking at this 'correction ' as a blessing in disguise and a chance to clear the decks.

In some ways it's good the ghosts of the very successful past are leaving. Leon and Angel I'm talking about. And I genuinely love those two so I mean no disrespect whatsoever. But they were also a reminder of what once was, Dyer and Routs to a certain degree as well.

We need to find a new identity, we don't have to force our old identity on ourselves as that could be a dangerous strategy, I think it's OK to look at what worked before and keep it in mind but the most important aspect will be respecting the new manager and what he's trying to do.

It would be nice to play with wingers again but we can't afford to be football purist snobs. To a degree this has had quite some impact on how we support and we have become our own worst enemy

Excellent post. There is much pining for the mythical "Swansea Way" but the fact is that a possession / passing style is much more commonplace (and potentially less successful) these days.

It's all about getting the right manager in, whether that's Carlos (although I don't think it is) or someone else, and giving them the time, the tools and the environment to build something. I have serious doubts that the owners will see things that way but fingers crossed we will do just that - if we do then there's no reason we can't be there or thereabouts in 12 months time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024