Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion favourites with the bookies 14:56 - May 16 with 6712 viewsthornabyswan

The bookies have us favourites to go up next season.

Swansea 9/4
West Brom 11/4
Stoke 11/4
Boro 4/1
Derby 4/1
Brentford 5/1
Leeds 6/1

We are 33/1 to get relegated incredible odds really.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 15:00 - May 16 with 4427 viewspencoedjack

33/1 looks decent odds
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 15:10 - May 16 with 4327 viewsthornabyswan

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 15:00 - May 16 by pencoedjack

33/1 looks decent odds

It is yes considering the amount of work that needs to be done in the summer I just can't believe we are favourites to be honest.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 15:49 - May 16 with 4173 viewsJacket

They must have been talking to Tutumlu! How the foook did they arrive at that conclusion? Let's have a look at the relegated trio. One is owned by the biggest betting firm in the world, one has a track record of bouncing back and one has been clinging on for grim death for 3 years, yep we'll go for them. Unreal. Hope they're right mind.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 15:51]
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 15:58 - May 16 with 4112 viewsAce_Jack

Stoke, West Brom and Villa if Fulham go up will be huge realistic favorites surely?
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 15:59 - May 16 with 4106 viewsFireboy2

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 15:00 - May 16 by pencoedjack

33/1 looks decent odds

Think i will be putting a brownie on that
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 16:48 - May 16 with 3881 viewssainthelens

Really is lazy by the bookies. 9/4 FFS. Absolutely bonkers. That 33/1 to go down is massive, to good to miss for any neutral.
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 16:50 - May 16 with 3866 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 16:48 - May 16 by sainthelens

Really is lazy by the bookies. 9/4 FFS. Absolutely bonkers. That 33/1 to go down is massive, to good to miss for any neutral.

In a mess on and off the field. 33 to 1 sounds good.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 16:50]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 16:50 - May 16 with 3858 viewspencoedjack

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 16:48 - May 16 by sainthelens

3 relegated teams followed by losing play off finalist

OP you have a link ?
Login to get fewer ads

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 18:15 - May 16 with 3647 viewsThe_undecided

Were Cardiff not 33/1 to get into the playoffs? Bookies often get it wrong.

It is pretty obvious for the top 3 favorites for next season to be this years relegation clubs, no real thought gone into those odds, with us being 18th we are favorites to pop back up, but we know there are bigger problems at the club.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/17/teams-now-bounce-back-premier-le
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 18:18 - May 16 with 3617 viewsJack11

Watching the play offs has given me confidence that we can do it. Particularly last night.
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 18:35 - May 16 with 3528 viewsthornabyswan

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 16:50 - May 16 by pencoedjack

3 relegated teams followed by losing play off finalist

OP you have a link ?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-ch

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:13 - May 16 with 3264 viewsTheKirkyLife

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 18:18 - May 16 by Jack11

Watching the play offs has given me confidence that we can do it. Particularly last night.

I've taken a look back at Newcastle's relegated squad a couple of years ago.

Did alright didn't they?

We need to get the managerial choice spot on this Summer and ensure that the players we bring in either bring experience/steel or youthful energy for the future sure as Dhanda.
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:17 - May 16 with 3218 viewsTheResurrection

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 15:10 - May 16 by thornabyswan

It is yes considering the amount of work that needs to be done in the summer I just can't believe we are favourites to be honest.

And that's the exact reason we got relegated.

Our fans chose to give up and basically became an asset to our opposition than a help to our own.

Even now most are not even understanding the massive chance we have of going straight back up, instead more are enjoying talking about relegation.

We'll have the biggest budget next season if we make wise and decisive choices. When ever in our history could we have ever said that before?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:20 - May 16 with 3203 viewssainthelens

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:17 - May 16 by TheResurrection

Our fans chose to give up and basically became an asset to our opposition than a help to our own.

Even now most are not even understanding the massive chance we have of going straight back up, instead more are enjoying talking about relegation.

We'll have the biggest budget next season if we make wise and decisive choices. When ever in our history could we have ever said that before?

And of course we all recall how optimistic you were at start of last season.
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:24 - May 16 with 3173 viewsTheResurrection

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:20 - May 16 by sainthelens

And of course we all recall how optimistic you were at start of last season.

Is that so bad then?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:26 - May 16 with 3166 viewsmoonie

" choices" is indeed he key word .
Right now ,we can't decide on the manager
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:28 - May 16 with 3156 viewsthornabyswan

There is an opportunity yes.
9/4 does seem short though considering the mess we made of recruitment last summer.
33/1 is also very generous on relegation.
It all hinges on whether the owners words of a overhaul of the recruitment process are just that words.
Also nobody really knows for sure what the owners intentions are.

If I had a pound for everytime I had seen asset stripping or parachute payments mentioned on here I would be a wealthy man now.

A lot of our fans don't trust them to try and do the right thing.
I really hope they do.

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:30 - May 16 with 3142 viewssainthelens

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:24 - May 16 by TheResurrection

Is that so bad then?

Far from it, in fact very commendable. But it's time I think we dealt in the harsh reality of what's in store. I'll hold my hands up by saying I thought all along we'd stay up... guilty of self dillusion. Our club is a real mess right now from top to bottom, and until there are proper signs of anything positive ( of which there's none at the moment), my optimism is tempered.
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:49 - May 16 with 3045 viewsTheResurrection

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:30 - May 16 by sainthelens

Far from it, in fact very commendable. But it's time I think we dealt in the harsh reality of what's in store. I'll hold my hands up by saying I thought all along we'd stay up... guilty of self dillusion. Our club is a real mess right now from top to bottom, and until there are proper signs of anything positive ( of which there's none at the moment), my optimism is tempered.

So did I unfortunately, well I did after the Arsenal home game

We are at a crossroads more than in a mess I think and we could be looking at this 'correction ' as a blessing in disguise and a chance to clear the decks.

In some ways it's good the ghosts of the very successful past are leaving. Leon and Angel I'm talking about. And I genuinely love those two so I mean no disrespect whatsoever. But they were also a reminder of what once was, Dyer and Routs to a certain degree as well.

We need to find a new identity, we don't have to force our old identity on ourselves as that could be a dangerous strategy, I think it's OK to look at what worked before and keep it in mind but the most important aspect will be respecting the new manager and what he's trying to do.

It would be nice to play with wingers again but we can't afford to be football purist snobs. To a degree this has had quite some impact on how we support and we have become our own worst enemy

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:52 - May 16 with 3035 viewsbyron

When we came down a few years ago they made us favourites to go back up, also, I think boro were favourites this season? None of the teams that got relegated last season made it back either.

Benny

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:54 - May 16 with 3020 viewsLoyal

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:52 - May 16 by byron

When we came down a few years ago they made us favourites to go back up, also, I think boro were favourites this season? None of the teams that got relegated last season made it back either.

Hello Byron, all your other user names have been banned, welcome back 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:56 - May 16 with 3010 viewsJonathans_coat

Sorry res but can’t agree that the “exact reason” we were relegated was because “our fans chose to give up”. Let’s be honest, there a quite a few bigger issues than that. To blame the fans for the poor recruitment and poor tactics and performance is just incorrect.

However I totally agree with what I think the sentiment of your post is. We will have one of the best squads in the championship (as flawed as it might be), and we should be looking to bounce back up as soon as possible. We have 3/4 seasons to do it really, otherwise it might be a very long time or not at all.
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:56 - May 16 with 3010 viewsLoyal

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:13 - May 16 by TheKirkyLife

I've taken a look back at Newcastle's relegated squad a couple of years ago.

Did alright didn't they?

We need to get the managerial choice spot on this Summer and ensure that the players we bring in either bring experience/steel or youthful energy for the future sure as Dhanda.

Apart from that prick Michael Owen they all pledged to stay and fight for the club.
Not one of ours has said a thing except, fck you, I'm off.

Cnts.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 21:18 - May 16 with 2932 viewssainthelens

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 20:56 - May 16 by Loyal

Apart from that prick Michael Owen they all pledged to stay and fight for the club.
Not one of ours has said a thing except, fck you, I'm off.

Cnts.

And that last bit is what's worrying me. Do the squad know that there are big problems looming? They will know far more than us. Or is there total disbelief in what direction the board and club as a whole are handling everything? As a fan, I'm still totally gutted, and seeing them all flee is not filling me with hope.
Promotion favourites with the bookies on 21:30 - May 16 with 2882 views34dfgdf54

Promotion favourites with the bookies on 21:18 - May 16 by sainthelens

And that last bit is what's worrying me. Do the squad know that there are big problems looming? They will know far more than us. Or is there total disbelief in what direction the board and club as a whole are handling everything? As a fan, I'm still totally gutted, and seeing them all flee is not filling me with hope.

The Andy King thing is what has worried me if it’s true he has said he doesn’t want to stay permanently. He’s been decent enough but I didn’t think there would be Premier League sides falling over themselves chasing him.

My natural pessimistic side coming out though probably. I can’t wait for the clear out now, get rid of high earners and hopefully get back to playing some decent stuff again with young hungry players. I think there will be a struggle though before we can contend again personally.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024