Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats 20:31 - May 17 with 8952 viewspeenemunde

And should look back on the last 16 years, with great memories and pride in what SCFC has archived.

Winston Churchill, one said “This is not the end, this is not even the beginning of the end, but perhaps an end to the beginning.
Yet some of you are acting like you have just seen the four horsemen of the apocalypse ride into town.

Have a word with yourselves ffs, and realise what a remarkable journey we’ve been on.
Roll on August.........

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:22 - May 17 with 1409 viewsswan65split

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:20 - May 17 by swan65split

400k a yer makes up for that in my eyes ...Beek

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:25 - May 17 with 1397 viewsswan65split

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:22 - May 17 by peenemunde

Market forces are the words I’m looking for.

probably got expenses....oh and they bombed the market didnt they.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:26 - May 17 with 1392 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:25 - May 17 by swan65split

probably got expenses....oh and they bombed the market didnt they.

Sorry, but haven’t got a clue what you’re droning on about.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:32 - May 17 with 1381 viewsswan65split

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:26 - May 17 by peenemunde

Sorry, but haven’t got a clue what you’re droning on about.

ah deflection, cant manage the flak. not too worry most of those on tonite cant make out what youve been on about either.
but its the usual from those on the Square .
Night night,
your always right remember .
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:35 - May 17 with 1376 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:32 - May 17 by swan65split

ah deflection, cant manage the flak. not too worry most of those on tonite cant make out what youve been on about either.
but its the usual from those on the Square .
Night night,
your always right remember .

Stay off the crack butt
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:37 - May 17 with 1372 viewsswan65split

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:35 - May 17 by peenemunde

Stay off the crack butt

never done drugs at all , its a mugs game, just as following the Beek is.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:56 - May 17 with 1362 viewstheloneranger

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:35 - May 17 by peenemunde

Stay off the crack butt

AND you need to stay off Jenkins butt crack

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 00:02 - May 18 with 1352 viewsjack_lord

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:49 - May 17 by peenemunde

Seriously, do you honestly think that had the share issue not have happened, that a club like Swansea would not have been drawn into a relegation battle at some point ?.

What is a "a club like Swansea" as you have mentioned it twice? Are we not deserving of a place in the top league because we are who we are. How does a club like Liverpool become a club like Liverpool and not like Swansea then?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 00:17 - May 18 with 1330 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 00:02 - May 18 by jack_lord

What is a "a club like Swansea" as you have mentioned it twice? Are we not deserving of a place in the top league because we are who we are. How does a club like Liverpool become a club like Liverpool and not like Swansea then?

Are you seriously putting Swansea & Liverpool in the same category ?.
A club like Swansea, who can’t go out and buy £30 million players, can’t pay let’s say £150 k a week to players, hasn’t got the pulling power of a lot of clubs.....that’s a club like Swansea, similar to Stoke and West Brom, funny that.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 0:18]
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 00:54 - May 18 with 1307 viewsswan65split

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 00:17 - May 18 by peenemunde

A club like Swansea, who can’t go out and buy £30 million players, can’t pay let’s say £150 k a week to players, hasn’t got the pulling power of a lot of clubs.....that’s a club like Swansea, similar to Stoke and West Brom, funny that.

Stoke ,west Brom and Swans ..fooked up on transfers.......Boom Boom
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 00:57 - May 18 with 1300 viewsWatchman

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 23:18 - May 17 by peenemunde

And no wages at all for first 9 years

mark in down as an internship that he is so fond of

His/their choice no one forced them.

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 04:54 - May 18 with 1253 viewsChief

So fans can't express their anger during the season because "we need unity" & "toxic" atmosphere will affect the players (oh bless). Now at the end of season following relegation the happy clappers are calling for "unity" and to reminisce. The buck has to stop somewhere. Grow some backbone OP you faaking twerp

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 05:06 - May 18 with 1249 viewsSTID2017

100 % agree with OP.
Archive everything we have achieved over the past 16 years and start again ...
[Post edited 18 May 2018 5:49]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 05:14 - May 18 with 1240 viewsSTID2017

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:49 - May 17 by peenemunde

Seriously, do you honestly think that had the share issue not have happened, that a club like Swansea would not have been drawn into a relegation battle at some point ?.

We had almost a third of a season since the West Ham win to get 4 lousy points (possibly less had we beaten Southampton), yet we failed.
Of course we are angry. With the players who let themselves down, the manager who bottled it after starting well, with HJ for so many mistakes since the Laudrup era and the Yanks for not doing what is needed, either through incompetence or niaivity.
Too right we are bloody angry.

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 05:23 - May 18 with 1234 viewsSTID2017

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:00 - May 17 by moonie

Club like Swansea ?

What the one that went from league 4 to league 1 then back down as quickly.

Then, made it to the top again.

Problem is ,it's past tense now. Nobody I know in business stays around if he or she fails .
,which Jenkins has

You cannot run a business on sentiment .

Pitiful to read this crap as it seems some believe we are forever destined to be a small,tinpot town with a team to match, as opposed to a modern club kicking the arses of the big clubs. We did that and any success pissed away

I agree with everything you said except for this:
"Nobody I know in business stays around if he or she fails"
I know several CEOs that stayed around and even got rewarded with pay rises after the banking collapse a few years ago.

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 05:35 - May 18 with 1229 viewsjackal

The reason we went down was mainly due to a lack of effort and commitment from the players and poor tactics from the managers.

Had we gone down fighting, I would have no complaints.

The club is a mess off the pitch but we lost out on it.

Huddersfield were the worst team I've seen at he Liberty but they stayed up because they were willing to put bodies on the line for their club and fans.

We have every right to be p*ssed off.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 5:56]
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 05:59 - May 18 with 1205 viewsSTID2017

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 05:35 - May 18 by jackal

The reason we went down was mainly due to a lack of effort and commitment from the players and poor tactics from the managers.

Huddersfield were the worst team I've seen at he Liberty but they stayed up because they were willing to put bodies on the line for their club and fans.

Same here.
The two previous years, Guidolin and Clement saved us, after finding us in equally precarious situations.
We should have saved ourelves at a canter well before the Southampton game.

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 07:39 - May 18 with 1138 viewsE20Jack

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 05:35 - May 18 by jackal

Relegation is, and was, the result of a perfect storm - the majority of which was just the natural result of a club our size being at that level for so long.

I don’t buy into the lack of effort theory or the poor tactics as such. The latter just being the result of the initial point. You can only work with what you are given and have to set your team out due to that. There is a reason Aldershot don’t play like 1970’s Brazil.

Initially, we would have been happy staying up by the skin of our teeth upon promotion and one extra year in the PL. instead we got 7 of them, some of them top half finishes, a cup win and a European adventure. Incredible really.

So why did we get relegated? For me, it was inevitable. We do not generate our own finances above and beyond what is normal expenditure and running costs. This means we have to sell to regenerate each year. This isn’t a choice by the way, allow people to run their contacts down and you end up with no player and no money to replace - the most certain path to fast track relegation.

However, each time the above is done presents a risk. Will the player settle, will he have the impact wanted? For the majority of our time in the league we had a strong squad which could carry any slow starters. The nucleus of Williams, Britton, Dyer and Rangel all in their primes means we could have some flaws in the side and still be able to win games and settle those flaws into our way of playing.

We have come up against the Man Utd class of 96 issue, where all these players got old, past their best and we were faced with a task of replacing them pretty much all in one go. This on top of strengthening other areas. It was always going to be an uphill task as has been shown to be the case.

How did we deal with this? Well each manager (Bradley aside) saw this and felt the best form of survival was indeed to defend, our attack, passing and flow went and we retreated more and more into our shell like a shellfish under threat - until we were no longer able to play the way we did before. So for me, this relegation is perfectly natural and has been miraculously staved off until now.

Onto Jenkins and co. What they did with regards to the selling of the club was negligent in the extreme and wholly irresponsible. Do I think it had a direct impact on the fortunes of the club to the point where if it did not happen then we would still be thriving at the top table? Not for me. We would have to have faced the above challenges anyway and it is a challenge not even the likes of Man Utd found easy to do, and are still trying to get right almost a decade later.

We have the right to be extremely disappointed in the handling of certain affairs, we have the right to be hurt due to the breakdown of relationships, we have the right to feel gutted by relegation... but pi*sed off? I’m not so sure. We have had it very good. Much beyond anything I could ever have imagined when I first started following us.

We now need to rebuild, start from scratch and evolve again. I am not convinced trying to clone what we were before would work anymore. There was a time and a place for it and the stars aligned, we need fresh ideas, a fresh approach and be innovative again. This goes for appointments in all departments.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 7:50]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 07:40 - May 18 with 1138 viewsPrivate_Partz

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 00:17 - May 18 by peenemunde

......and similar to Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Crystal Palace, Southampton etc etc.
Would Swansea have been drawn into a relegation battle? Possibly but we had a better chance than most of avoiding it when we were a top half of the table club.
What has happened THIS time was not inevitable. It was brought about by greed and incompetence.
There is blame to be had and by God those responsible will get it despite the grateful conpliance of posters like you.
Jenkins loves people like you, if you are not him and that is open to doubt going by your posts.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 08:51 - May 18 with 1083 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 04:54 - May 18 by Chief

So fans can't express their anger during the season because "we need unity" & "toxic" atmosphere will affect the players (oh bless). Now at the end of season following relegation the happy clappers are calling for "unity" and to reminisce. The buck has to stop somewhere. Grow some backbone OP you faaking twerp

That’s your spin and not one i share.
Do you think there’s a coincidence that these protests start when the team is struggling and disappear when results pick up .

No it’s not a coincidence at all, but the fact that the vast majority of Swans fans don’t care who the chairman is as long as the team is doing well.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 9:06]
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 08:57 - May 18 with 1070 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 07:39 - May 18 by E20Jack

Relegation is, and was, the result of a perfect storm - the majority of which was just the natural result of a club our size being at that level for so long.

I don’t buy into the lack of effort theory or the poor tactics as such. The latter just being the result of the initial point. You can only work with what you are given and have to set your team out due to that. There is a reason Aldershot don’t play like 1970’s Brazil.

Initially, we would have been happy staying up by the skin of our teeth upon promotion and one extra year in the PL. instead we got 7 of them, some of them top half finishes, a cup win and a European adventure. Incredible really.

So why did we get relegated? For me, it was inevitable. We do not generate our own finances above and beyond what is normal expenditure and running costs. This means we have to sell to regenerate each year. This isn’t a choice by the way, allow people to run their contacts down and you end up with no player and no money to replace - the most certain path to fast track relegation.

However, each time the above is done presents a risk. Will the player settle, will he have the impact wanted? For the majority of our time in the league we had a strong squad which could carry any slow starters. The nucleus of Williams, Britton, Dyer and Rangel all in their primes means we could have some flaws in the side and still be able to win games and settle those flaws into our way of playing.

We have come up against the Man Utd class of 96 issue, where all these players got old, past their best and we were faced with a task of replacing them pretty much all in one go. This on top of strengthening other areas. It was always going to be an uphill task as has been shown to be the case.

How did we deal with this? Well each manager (Bradley aside) saw this and felt the best form of survival was indeed to defend, our attack, passing and flow went and we retreated more and more into our shell like a shellfish under threat - until we were no longer able to play the way we did before. So for me, this relegation is perfectly natural and has been miraculously staved off until now.

Onto Jenkins and co. What they did with regards to the selling of the club was negligent in the extreme and wholly irresponsible. Do I think it had a direct impact on the fortunes of the club to the point where if it did not happen then we would still be thriving at the top table? Not for me. We would have to have faced the above challenges anyway and it is a challenge not even the likes of Man Utd found easy to do, and are still trying to get right almost a decade later.

We have the right to be extremely disappointed in the handling of certain affairs, we have the right to be hurt due to the breakdown of relationships, we have the right to feel gutted by relegation... but pi*sed off? I’m not so sure. We have had it very good. Much beyond anything I could ever have imagined when I first started following us.

We now need to rebuild, start from scratch and evolve again. I am not convinced trying to clone what we were before would work anymore. There was a time and a place for it and the stars aligned, we need fresh ideas, a fresh approach and be innovative again. This goes for appointments in all departments.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 7:50]

I agree with most of what’s written there.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:05 - May 18 with 1059 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 07:40 - May 18 by Private_Partz

......and similar to Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Crystal Palace, Southampton etc etc.
Would Swansea have been drawn into a relegation battle? Possibly but we had a better chance than most of avoiding it when we were a top half of the table club.
What has happened THIS time was not inevitable. It was brought about by greed and incompetence.
There is blame to be had and by God those responsible will get it despite the grateful conpliance of posters like you.
Jenkins loves people like you, if you are not him and that is open to doubt going by your posts.

Bournemouth are still enjoying a honeymoon period.
Burnley were relegated from the Pl in the last five years.
Southampton have also been relegated fairly recently.
Huddersfield, it’s their first season in the PL.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:18 - May 18 with 1039 viewsswan65split

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:05 - May 18 by peenemunde

Bournemouth are still enjoying a honeymoon period.
Burnley were relegated from the Pl in the last five years.
Southampton have also been relegated fairly recently.
Huddersfield, it’s their first season in the PL.

and we've just been relegated and wasted a lot of money.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:19 - May 18 with 1032 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:18 - May 18 by swan65split

and we've just been relegated and wasted a lot of money.

And what’s your point?
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:21 - May 18 with 1024 viewsswan65split

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:19 - May 18 by peenemunde

And what’s your point?

And what is yours?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024