Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats 20:31 - May 17 with 8963 viewspeenemunde

And should look back on the last 16 years, with great memories and pride in what SCFC has archived.

Winston Churchill, one said “This is not the end, this is not even the beginning of the end, but perhaps an end to the beginning.
Yet some of you are acting like you have just seen the four horsemen of the apocalypse ride into town.

Have a word with yourselves ffs, and realise what a remarkable journey we’ve been on.
Roll on August.........

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:24 - May 18 with 1052 viewsChief

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 08:51 - May 18 by peenemunde

That’s your spin and not one i share.
Do you think there’s a coincidence that these protests start when the team is struggling and disappear when results pick up .

No it’s not a coincidence at all, but the fact that the vast majority of Swans fans don’t care who the chairman is as long as the team is doing well.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 9:06]

Such is life. Huw took applause, accolades and credit when the club was on the up. By the same token he deserves bad press when the team isnt doing well. And I'm ignoring the fact that hes a lying, devious tvvat there too.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:24 - May 18 with 1052 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:21 - May 18 by swan65split

And what is yours?

So you don’t have one, thought not.
My point is that regardless of the share issue, Swansea were at some point going to get into a relegation battle as I’ve already stated.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:26 - May 18 with 1049 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:24 - May 18 by Chief

Such is life. Huw took applause, accolades and credit when the club was on the up. By the same token he deserves bad press when the team isnt doing well. And I'm ignoring the fact that hes a lying, devious tvvat there too.

Have you ever told a lie ?
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:29 - May 18 with 1038 viewsmoonie

A club like Swansea .Now,to me that really could be construed as being offensive .

A town like Alice !

What a pitiful OP

STID .Ive done doubt you ve seen what you posted but in my own experience ,fail and you re out. Jenkins has both failed and should already be out counting his assets and realising how lucky a man he is.

Why is he hanging around? Surely a nice home with a decent pool with an attractive ,fit and willing missus is a better option on sitting on his hands watching our club unfold .
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:34 - May 18 with 1023 viewsswan65split

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:24 - May 18 by peenemunde

My point is that regardless of the share issue, Swansea were at some point going to get into a relegation battle as I’ve already stated.

Everton , never been relegated, we have .
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:35 - May 18 with 1023 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:29 - May 18 by moonie

A club like Swansea .Now,to me that really could be construed as being offensive .

A town like Alice !

What a pitiful OP

STID .Ive done doubt you ve seen what you posted but in my own experience ,fail and you re out. Jenkins has both failed and should already be out counting his assets and realising how lucky a man he is.

Why is he hanging around? Surely a nice home with a decent pool with an attractive ,fit and willing missus is a better option on sitting on his hands watching our club unfold .

If you are offended, can I suggest you man up.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:35 - May 18 with 1018 viewsChief

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:26 - May 18 by peenemunde

Plenty. But none of his magnitude, bordering on a crime

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:36 - May 18 with 1012 viewsswan65split

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:26 - May 18 by peenemunde

Are you a member of team Conk?
Login to get fewer ads

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:37 - May 18 with 1012 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:35 - May 18 by Chief

Plenty. But none of his magnitude, bordering on a crime

Ah ok, so it’s ok for you to tell lies, but no one else should.
Isn’t that called hypocrisy.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:41 - May 18 with 1004 viewsChief

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:37 - May 18 by peenemunde

Ah ok, so it’s ok for you to tell lies, but no one else should.
Isn’t that called hypocrisy.

I'm not the chairman of a premier league ( or former) football club and any lie I say is unlikely to affect the football club, while his have massively or have potential legal implications.

Why are focusing on his lies, I said I was ignoring that, but you only made reference to that, not the rest of my post?

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:42 - May 18 with 998 viewsmoonie

Pee.
Nobody is disputing one can be a success after failure but the point is one is sacked because of failure at the highest level . It's tough at the top and why they get paid well but it's for a reason .

Jenkins has failed in spectacular fashion and he is indefensible . He has accumulated players of such abject quality that it really could affect our future . Most of the players bought by Jenkins over the past two years have been liabilities . Last season ,signing Bony was a gamble, as it was for him to replace Borja, seemingly a forgotten man but one stilletoes no or books as is that useless kid ,Grimes.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:45 - May 18 with 991 viewsJacket

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:24 - May 18 by peenemunde

It's not that we're relegated it's how that relegation came about and his role in all of this be that the sale of the club or the poor decisions he's made in player recruitment. The fact he got us up is irrelevant if he's taking us in the opposite direction. The history books will probably look more favourably on his contribution in future. But this ain't a history lesson it's about what is best for this club now.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:47 - May 18 with 986 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:41 - May 18 by Chief

I'm not the chairman of a premier league ( or former) football club and any lie I say is unlikely to affect the football club, while his have massively or have potential legal implications.

Why are focusing on his lies, I said I was ignoring that, but you only made reference to that, not the rest of my post?

Do you think PL chairmen are honest people then ?
You probably have to be a pathological liar just to be one.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:52 - May 18 with 977 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:42 - May 18 by moonie

Pee.
Nobody is disputing one can be a success after failure but the point is one is sacked because of failure at the highest level . It's tough at the top and why they get paid well but it's for a reason .

Jenkins has failed in spectacular fashion and he is indefensible . He has accumulated players of such abject quality that it really could affect our future . Most of the players bought by Jenkins over the past two years have been liabilities . Last season ,signing Bony was a gamble, as it was for him to replace Borja, seemingly a forgotten man but one stilletoes no or books as is that useless kid ,Grimes.

Every club in the PL has signed players who have failed.
Football isn’t an exact science.
It not like going into a showroom to buy a new car.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 10:13 - May 18 with 943 viewsBrynCartwright

HJ wasn't even there for the Stoke game! The Chairman absent from a game that Swansea had an admittedly outside chance of remaining in the PL.

The guy's lost it. He needs to step down pronto, or at the very least submit a statement admitting to his recent mistakes, apologise to the fans, and relinquish all future involvement in player recruitment. His silence is deafening.

He was not even there ffs!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44108065

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 10:14 - May 18 with 941 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 10:13 - May 18 by BrynCartwright

HJ wasn't even there for the Stoke game! The Chairman absent from a game that Swansea had an admittedly outside chance of remaining in the PL.

The guy's lost it. He needs to step down pronto, or at the very least submit a statement admitting to his recent mistakes, apologise to the fans, and relinquish all future involvement in player recruitment. His silence is deafening.

He was not even there ffs!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44108065

On police advice, please keep up.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 10:20 - May 18 with 933 viewsBrynCartwright

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 10:14 - May 18 by peenemunde

Where in the press is there a mention that HJ should stay away from the game on police advice?

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 10:20 - May 18 with 932 views34dfgdf54

Surely, if police are telling you to stay away from games, then you know it's time to walk away from it all.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 10:25 - May 18 with 925 viewsChief

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 09:47 - May 18 by peenemunde

Do you think PL chairmen are honest people then ?
You probably have to be a pathological liar just to be one.

No doubt it has a place when trying to outwit competitors.

Lying to your own for your own personal greed is very different.

But as I said, I wasn't actually referring to his lying to start with.

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 10:26 - May 18 with 924 viewsJoe_bradshaw

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 10:20 - May 18 by BrynCartwright

Where in the press is there a mention that HJ should stay away from the game on police advice?

Nowhere.

Sure, it was inevitable that a club of our size would face relegation at some point. As Alan Curtis said though, he didn't expect a series of poor decisions to bring it so soon.

When asked in December if Swansea’s struggles would make his position untenable, Jenkins replied: “I don’t disagree with that. If we continue on this path of hardly winning football games, yes, I have no doubt it is.”

When pressed on whether he would leave if the club were relegated, which has since come to pass, he added: “I would certainly consider that. I am not that naive or arrogant or whatever the words are that I am not responsible.”

He knows the score. He knows he needs to go. Hopefully he's helping the Americans to appoint his successor right now. I say that because he knows more about the football world than the American owners even though his recent record on recruitment is abysmal.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 11:03 - May 18 with 895 viewsswan65split

Are you a member of team Conk?
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats (n/t) on 11:06 - May 18 with 880 viewsswan65split

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 11:07 - May 18 with 878 viewspeenemunde

I know this to be 100 % true.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 11:11 - May 18 with 875 viewsChief

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 11:07 - May 18 by peenemunde

I know this to be 100 % true.

Are you one of the sell outs?

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 11:23 - May 18 with 856 viewsNookiejack

There was a good piece on TV last Sunday in SKY's Sunday Supplement about us. Here's the link:-

http://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-shows/sunday-supplement/podcasts

It start at 35mins 20 secs.

Respected journalists here giving their view on us. So no scapegoating.

Sam Wallace -
"how can you make the recruitment better'
"is Huw Jenkins still the man to do it?"
"It is as simple as picking the wrong players and the wrong managers"
"it s probably best that someone else has a go"
"when your recruitment fails that badly it is just not the manager too blame. It is the person picking the manager"
"Time for for someone else to have a go"
"They are Swansea City they have no God given right to stay in the premier League"
"This season they have clearly made a lot of mistakes"

Martin Samuel - he watched the Southampton game and his comments were:-
"Nothing on Tuesday night that you saw that you felt came off the training field"
"When Swansea got the ball everything seemed to be off the cuff"
"you didn't look at anything in the match, that you felt that they had been working on"
"Sooner or later all teams outside top teams will go down"
"There are 10 t0 12 clubs in the PL that are just one bad transfer window away from relegation"
"they have gone down because they are Swansea, that is the nature of them not being Man U"

My own view is we chopped and changed managers so many times and introduced pragmatic football - just to stay in the PL at all costs, to protect selling shareholders £100m value at stake.

The trouble is with so many managerial changes you lose your patterns of play.

We might have got any with it the season, if we brought in another main striker instead of Bony and who had a terrible injury record, at the end of his time at Man City and throughout all his time at Stoke. That too me seemed a key signing as you couldn't expect Tammy Abrahams to lead the line throughout the entire season and get you enough goals.

The Andre Ayew signing didn't come off either in the last transfer window. He again didn't seem to be the same layer that left us, after the injury he picked up when first joining West Ham.

You can argue it is all inevitable that one day you will be relegated - but then why pay £500k a year plus bonuses to a DO, if it is all inevitable?

If the rumours are true - about Huw Jenkins having an option agreement to sell his residual shares to the Yanks, if we are in the PL, then that is probably worth £5m plus to him (and similarly to Martin Morgan and his ex-wife) - so he has a considerable vested interest in staying on.

The trouble is because he is so divisive with the fans (the Trust have put out a statement that they have lost confidence in him), then as soon as we lose a few games in the Championship, all hell breaks out again and then I cant' see how you then go forward?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024