Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats 20:31 - May 17 with 8939 viewspeenemunde

And should look back on the last 16 years, with great memories and pride in what SCFC has archived.

Winston Churchill, one said “This is not the end, this is not even the beginning of the end, but perhaps an end to the beginning.
Yet some of you are acting like you have just seen the four horsemen of the apocalypse ride into town.

Have a word with yourselves ffs, and realise what a remarkable journey we’ve been on.
Roll on August.........

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:35 - May 17 with 2913 viewsItchySphincter

Well, obviously.

I think you're over reacting a tad mind.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:39 - May 17 with 2884 viewsmagicdaps10

Its a bit more than just that though?

If it happened without the lies, deceit and greed then I think most would look at it that way. Its not down to fans being ungrateful but more due to the realisation of what is obvious in what is happening.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:42 - May 17 with 2859 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:35 - May 17 by ItchySphincter

Well, obviously.

I think you're over reacting a tad mind.

Just look at the threads on here in the last week or so.......blame......blame......blame.......bloody blame.

I look back at our time in the PL as a special time, yet some want to look for scapegoats.
Regardless of the selling of shares issue, a club like Swansea were always going to get dragged into a relegation battle at some time, and instead of accepting this....”someone has to be held accountable” . Accountable for what exactly ?.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:45 - May 17 with 2834 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:39 - May 17 by magicdaps10

Its a bit more than just that though?

If it happened without the lies, deceit and greed then I think most would look at it that way. Its not down to fans being ungrateful but more due to the realisation of what is obvious in what is happening.

Lies, ok well let’s have only people who have never said a lie in their life make a comment.
I think you’ll find it hard to find that many.

The hypocrisy is staggering.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:46 - May 17 with 2829 viewsItchySphincter

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:42 - May 17 by peenemunde

Just look at the threads on here in the last week or so.......blame......blame......blame.......bloody blame.

I look back at our time in the PL as a special time, yet some want to look for scapegoats.
Regardless of the selling of shares issue, a club like Swansea were always going to get dragged into a relegation battle at some time, and instead of accepting this....”someone has to be held accountable” . Accountable for what exactly ?.

It's a journey pal, a roller coaster. We just got relegated from a poor league because of greed and stupidity, never was there a better chance of staying up so let people get it off their chests - what's wrong with you?

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:48 - May 17 with 2810 viewsmagicdaps10

Are you genuinely asking that question!?

There are serious issues at our club that has made our relegation come quicker than it should have. It is impossible to say that we were always going to go down and ignore the glaring issues at our club.

By saying what you are saying, you are not helping the club one bit.
There are bigger battles to come at our club, if you cant see it, you will know about it when it comes.

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:49 - May 17 with 2800 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:46 - May 17 by ItchySphincter

It's a journey pal, a roller coaster. We just got relegated from a poor league because of greed and stupidity, never was there a better chance of staying up so let people get it off their chests - what's wrong with you?

Seriously, do you honestly think that had the share issue not have happened, that a club like Swansea would not have been drawn into a relegation battle at some point ?.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:49 - May 17 with 2793 viewsmagicdaps10

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:45 - May 17 by peenemunde

Lies, ok well let’s have only people who have never said a lie in their life make a comment.
I think you’ll find it hard to find that many.

The hypocrisy is staggering.

You are very naive.

You should pm The Res and E20.....

Login to get fewer ads

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:50 - May 17 with 2776 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:48 - May 17 by magicdaps10

Are you genuinely asking that question!?

There are serious issues at our club that has made our relegation come quicker than it should have. It is impossible to say that we were always going to go down and ignore the glaring issues at our club.

By saying what you are saying, you are not helping the club one bit.
There are bigger battles to come at our club, if you cant see it, you will know about it when it comes.

It’s a rhetorical question.
Pointless asking anything but a rhetorical question on here.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:53 - May 17 with 2750 viewsItchySphincter

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:49 - May 17 by peenemunde

Seriously, do you honestly think that had the share issue not have happened, that a club like Swansea would not have been drawn into a relegation battle at some point ?.

Of course we would have been.

Your point is?

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:55 - May 17 with 2734 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:49 - May 17 by magicdaps10

You are very naive.

You should pm The Res and E20.....

So you must be one of those very rare people who have never told a lie before.
I’m not trying to paint HJ and the rest of the ex board members as whiter than white.
I can just accept that just staying in the PL for 7 years, is in itself a remarkable accomplishment.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:56 - May 17 with 2727 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It was a meteoric rise. It is such a shame that some poor decision making by our Supporters Trust has resulted in the fans ending this journey with such little influence and involvement with the club than what they once had.

Hopefully the current Trust board members take this opportunity to learn from the mistakes of the last few years and implement the necessary changes to ensure our Supporters Trust regains its sense of identity. If they fail to do so, there is more chance they will struggle further than regroup quickly and challenge the owners to regain the involvement and trust of the fan base they have now almost certainly lost.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:57 - May 17 with 2708 viewsJonathans_coat

If you truly care about this club, you have to be worried about the way it’s being run. You have to worry about the incompetence on show across the board. You have to worry about being owned by shady and uncaring foreign speculators who are only in it for the money. You surely have to care that the supporters representatives are being ignored and sidelined by the owners. Now is not the time to just tamely accept mediocrity in the name of greed

Dictionary definition of Scapegoat - “a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.”

Therefore the word scapegoat does not apply does it? The people being blamed are the ones actually at fault. Accountable for what you say? How about for thier greed, incompetence, hubris, selfishness and duplicity? Is relegation the end of the world, absolutely not. But can’t you see there are WAY bigger problems here that need a addressing?
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:59 - May 17 with 2694 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:56 - May 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It was a meteoric rise. It is such a shame that some poor decision making by our Supporters Trust has resulted in the fans ending this journey with such little influence and involvement with the club than what they once had.

Hopefully the current Trust board members take this opportunity to learn from the mistakes of the last few years and implement the necessary changes to ensure our Supporters Trust regains its sense of identity. If they fail to do so, there is more chance they will struggle further than regroup quickly and challenge the owners to regain the involvement and trust of the fan base they have now almost certainly lost.

In my opinion the trust is and has been for a while irrelevant, nothing more than a talking shop.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:00 - May 17 with 2685 viewsmoonie

Club like Swansea ?

What the one that went from league 4 to league 1 then back down as quickly.

Then, made it to the top again.

Problem is ,it's past tense now. Nobody I know in business stays around if he or she fails .
,which Jenkins has

You cannot run a business on sentiment .

Pitiful to read this crap as it seems some believe we are forever destined to be a small,tinpot town with a team to match, as opposed to a modern club kicking the arses of the big clubs. We did that and any success pissed away
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:02 - May 17 with 2679 viewsJonathans_coat

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:56 - May 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Oh I forgot that the supporters trust decided to sell the club to a hedge fund without involving the.................... oh yes, I forgot it wasn’t them after all was it? You surely can’t apportion more blame to the trust for the position they are in than the sellers can you?
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:05 - May 17 with 2647 viewsmagicdaps10

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:55 - May 17 by peenemunde

So you must be one of those very rare people who have never told a lie before.
I’m not trying to paint HJ and the rest of the ex board members as whiter than white.
I can just accept that just staying in the PL for 7 years, is in itself a remarkable accomplishment.

Of course I have but I am old enough to realise that money is not more important than something important to me.

Temptation is a awful thing but I believe I have integrity not to sell my soul.....in fact I can guarantee you that.

I

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:05 - May 17 with 2644 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 20:57 - May 17 by Jonathans_coat

If you truly care about this club, you have to be worried about the way it’s being run. You have to worry about the incompetence on show across the board. You have to worry about being owned by shady and uncaring foreign speculators who are only in it for the money. You surely have to care that the supporters representatives are being ignored and sidelined by the owners. Now is not the time to just tamely accept mediocrity in the name of greed

Dictionary definition of Scapegoat - “a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.”

Therefore the word scapegoat does not apply does it? The people being blamed are the ones actually at fault. Accountable for what you say? How about for thier greed, incompetence, hubris, selfishness and duplicity? Is relegation the end of the world, absolutely not. But can’t you see there are WAY bigger problems here that need a addressing?

Had we managed to avoid relegation, these anti HJ voices would have been silenced.
They have only resurfaced as a result of relegation.
And as I’ve pointed out already, the idea that a club like Swansea wouldn’t have been dragged into a relegation battle, regardless of who the chairman is/was is laughable.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:05 - May 17 with 2643 viewslondonlisa2001

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:02 - May 17 by Jonathans_coat

Oh I forgot that the supporters trust decided to sell the club to a hedge fund without involving the.................... oh yes, I forgot it wasn’t them after all was it? You surely can’t apportion more blame to the trust for the position they are in than the sellers can you?

You'll have to forgive Dwight. He's not his usual sunny self today and he's getting a teensy bit irritated at people trying to cheer him up on the other thread so has dropped out of that one and is changing his angle of attack. It's in his little trolling for dummies book. Page 1.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:07 - May 17 with 2619 viewspeenemunde

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:00 - May 17 by moonie

Club like Swansea ?

What the one that went from league 4 to league 1 then back down as quickly.

Then, made it to the top again.

Problem is ,it's past tense now. Nobody I know in business stays around if he or she fails .
,which Jenkins has

You cannot run a business on sentiment .

Pitiful to read this crap as it seems some believe we are forever destined to be a small,tinpot town with a team to match, as opposed to a modern club kicking the arses of the big clubs. We did that and any success pissed away

Oh come on, I can name many, many business people who have failed at some point and then become successful again.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:10 - May 17 with 2587 viewsJonathans_coat

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:05 - May 17 by peenemunde

Had we managed to avoid relegation, these anti HJ voices would have been silenced.
They have only resurfaced as a result of relegation.
And as I’ve pointed out already, the idea that a club like Swansea wouldn’t have been dragged into a relegation battle, regardless of who the chairman is/was is laughable.

“Had we managed to avoid relegation, these anti HJ voices would have been silenced”

No, they wouldn’t. His position at this club has been untenable since the sale. His continued prescence is toxic.

Is it really laughable to think that with more compentent leadership and management we might not have been relegated? Surely to believe otherwise is laughable?
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:26 - May 17 with 2534 viewsswan65split

Suddenly the support Pinocchio league appear , if you were to talk to supporters who dont frequent these forums you"ll find quite a lot are saying he has to go , and go he should .
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:32 - May 17 with 2496 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Scapegoat:
a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

Nobody's blaming Fabianski.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:54 - May 17 with 2433 viewsswansvalleyjack

Yes, of course 7 years in the Premier League was remarkable. As was the rise through the divisions since the Hull game. And of course relegation at some stage would be inevitable, football is cyclic.

But it’s the MANNER of the relegation from the Premier League which is the key, and which leaves fans angry and frustrated :
- A complete abandonment of the style of play which got us there and sustained us well in the early seasons.
- Absolutely shocking transfers of late, wasting many millions of pounds in the process.
- A ridiculous merry-go-round of wrong managerial appointments in the last four years.
- Selling the Club behind the backs of the Supporters Trust.
- Seeing American “investors” not actually having the cash to invest, but with a primary goal to make a profit for their clients……and seemingly thinking that “relegation” doesn’t really happen.

And all of this overseen by Huw Jenkins.

He rightly had the credit for the rise up to the Premier League and winning the Cup.

But equally he has to take responsibility — and blame — for the rapid decline since appointing Monk.

He sacked enough Managers for failings. He should now of course address his own failings.

Yes it’s been great — well, except for much of the last 3 years — and yes, roll on August. But under new management all round please.
You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:56 - May 17 with 2412 viewsJonathans_coat

You lot should stop looking for scapegoats on 21:32 - May 17 by Joe_bradshaw

Scapegoat:
a person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

Nobody's blaming Fabianski.

This is the point isn’t it? There is a BIG difference between “looking for scapegoats” and holding the people actually to blame to account.

Not that the OP thinks they have done anything wrong it seems!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024