Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's one way to keep most of the team together 13:37 - May 18 with 2155 viewsLeonWasGod

Keep paying them the same.

The price of Football have just posted this about Newcastle's wage bill from their last Championship season. £112m!!

Here's one way to keep most of the team together on 13:39 - May 18 with 2135 viewsTheKirkyLife

Dangerous strategy but banking on bouncing back.

It worked.
Here's one way to keep most of the team together on 13:44 - May 18 with 2101 viewsLeonWasGod

Here's one way to keep most of the team together on 13:39 - May 18 by TheKirkyLife

Dangerous strategy but banking on bouncing back.

It worked.

Brave, to say the least. That's twice they've kept the team together and bounced back at the first attempt. I think Burnley managed to keep their team mostly together too last time they went down. Whereas those that make lots of changes seem to struggle. It's not exactly a rigorous assessment, but I think our biggest risk next year is panicking and offloading too may players (or not working hard enough to convince them them to stay). Not made any easier at the moment by us having no manager.
Here's one way to keep most of the team together on 14:32 - May 18 with 2010 viewsTheKirkyLife

Here's one way to keep most of the team together on 13:44 - May 18 by LeonWasGod

Brave, to say the least. That's twice they've kept the team together and bounced back at the first attempt. I think Burnley managed to keep their team mostly together too last time they went down. Whereas those that make lots of changes seem to struggle. It's not exactly a rigorous assessment, but I think our biggest risk next year is panicking and offloading too may players (or not working hard enough to convince them them to stay). Not made any easier at the moment by us having no manager.

I said it from the outset of relegation against Southampton - Huw going is one thing but the managerial situation is priority. We simply must get it right to attract players. Was curious hearing Carlos flat out admit that they wanted to make five major signings but people just didn't want to come. Makes me wonder if there was a bit more to the Gameiro/Gaitan rumours than first thought.

Burnley had a super low wage bill, still do. Wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Cork is one of their highest earners.

Once we've got a manager in place though, I agree. We need to keep this squad as tightly knit as possible. I'm resigned to losing Fabianski and Mawson but in Nordfeldt and Bartley/Amat you have players that can bridge the gap. Same with Ayew/Bony/Ayew looking at young McBurnie.

Weathering the storm now as players think about leaving will be the most important period in this club's history. May very well determine whether we slipped on a banana skin or fell into a river.
Here's one way to keep most of the team together on 14:47 - May 18 with 1960 viewsThornburyswan

Other issue for us is not sure there are many of our squad I want to keep together, fully accept the more we change the greater the risk of a further relegation battle but on balance I still think we should go for a clear out.
Here's one way to keep most of the team together on 15:00 - May 18 with 1923 viewsLeonWasGod

Here's one way to keep most of the team together on 14:47 - May 18 by Thornburyswan

Other issue for us is not sure there are many of our squad I want to keep together, fully accept the more we change the greater the risk of a further relegation battle but on balance I still think we should go for a clear out.

I've underestimate the change at Newcastle. They did sell a few (Sissoko and Wijnaldum being the biggest names) and then brought in quite a few new players. But using money to secure quality players.

I can't see us doing that. Or certainly not to the level Newcastle did. We should be an attractive club and have an edge on many clubs in the division, but it'll be tough if we continue to sell quality and buy tat. Hopefully those days will end now. We have to get some quality in (for this level).
Here's one way to keep most of the team together on 16:42 - May 18 with 1803 viewsomarjack

And they say Mike Ashley is stingy..if Newcastle fans had our lot of owners they would have lynched the f*ckers.
[Post edited 18 May 2018 16:43]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024